• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

And David Arquette.

Which is a damn shame. He was such a great guest at first that there was a point where I wished he was offered the Artie chair and then Howard just repeated the same interview with him one too many times in too short of a period. WHO GIVES A F*** how is love life is now? Nobody cares about Arquette's love life.

Which is a damn shame. He was such a great guest at first that there was a point where I wished he was offered the Artie chair and then Howard just repeated the same interview with him one too many times in too short of a period. WHO GIVES A F*** how is love life is now? Nobody cares about Arquette's love life.

His first interview that played this week was great.

Sorry for the double post but is anyone listening today and if so, did Howard talk about the firings in Jay Leno's show and if John was one of them?

Sorry for the double post but is anyone listening today and if so, did Howard talk about the firings in Jay Leno's show and if John was one of them?

He didn't mention John, but did discuss the firings. Early in the show.

Gist of the conversation was Howard saying Jay wanted to get rid of people leftover from the primetime show but didn't have the balls to do it, so NBC made it look like budget reduction and made him the good guy.

I hate Leno but I kind of doubt Howard's take there. But anything to keep a Stern feud alive—now that he's even cozy with Mariah Carey I'm not sure the limits.

Other notes: Robin was well enough to make it to AGT last week but presumably still isn't in the studio? The Dax Shepard / Bradley Cooper interview bored me to tears.

Only half-way through the show. Will probably catch the rest later or in the morning.

Other notes: Robin was well enough to make it to AGT last week but presumably still isn't in the studio?

And she keeps going out to movies. The big theory why she's not in the studio is that she's so sick that she doesn't want to be seen in her current state but that can't be it. Maybe its part of a contract thing? Maybe Howard TV doesn't have the budget to pay her to be shown on the show anymore? Whatever the reason Howard keeps choosing to ignore it and for some reason wont explain it to the audience.

And she keeps going out to movies. The big theory why she's not in the studio is that she's so sick that she doesn't want to be seen in her current state but that can't be it. Maybe its part of a contract thing? Maybe Howard TV doesn't have the budget to pay her to be shown on the show anymore? Whatever the reason Howard keeps choosing to ignore it and for some reason wont explain it to the audience.

There was a credible sounding medical theory floating around. Something relating to in-home treatments (either chemo or dialysis) based on the issue that she had. Long term prognosis was quite bad and it sort of explained some of the travel later in the day. It's also hard to know when they're not just outright lying about Robin being out and about.

I was just listening to a great episode from '94 (10/11/94 to be exact). It started w/ yelling at Gary, then a segment with Scott the Engineer doing a test to see how old his lungs are, and then a segment with Al Micheals dissecting the 'I see OJ' call. I still remember that segment from when I was a kid because Billy West made me laugh so hard during it .. and it was just as funny 20 years later. His Al Micheals impression is dead on so you couldn't tell which guy was speaking other than the fact that Billy was obviously saying insane stuff.

I wonder if she is even sick. Could she have had some procedure related to her weight and this her way of covering it?

I was just listening to a great episode from '94 (10/11/94 to be exact). It started w/ yelling at Gary, then a segment with Scott the Engineer doing a test to see how old his lungs are, and then a segment with Al Micheals dissecting the 'I see OJ' call. I still remember that segment from when I was a kid because Billy West made me laugh so hard during it .. and it was just as funny 20 years later. His Al Micheals impression is dead on so you couldn't tell which guy was speaking other than the fact that Billy was obviously saying insane stuff.

I need to listen to that-was that on a special?

I love Billy. The Jackie puppet is pure genius.

The Al Michaels / Billy West segment is up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ze7EGWwRc

It's amazing.

That's not the one from 10/11/94 but its still good. Billy antagonized Al more in the 10/11 show. But this clip is still good. <3 Billy. The one thing I heard today had me breathless with laughter - he was doing an over the top OJ impression in this strained Jackie puppet voice "Lookie here! Ahhh ha ha ha! Ohhhh ha ha ha! I would love to! Ohhh ha ha ha ha! It happens!"

That's not the one from 10/11/94 but its still good. Billy antagonized Al more in the 10/11 show. But this clip is still good. <3 Billy. The one thing I heard today had me breathless with laughter - he was doing an over the top OJ impression in this strained Jackie puppet voice "Lookie here! Ahhh ha ha ha! Ohhhh ha ha ha! I would love to! Ohhh ha ha ha ha! It happens!"

If you have that, I'd love to hear it (as others have already expressed).

You know I have to agree with Richie Wilson-and I admire him for being so ballsy-Gary has gotten a big(ger) head since the moved to Sirius.

It probably has something to do with thinking at the time they arrived at Sirius that there was only 5 years left and he started to want to be respected and seen as a legitimate producer so he can be hired somewhere else when the show is over. He definitely doesn't take much shit anymore. He basically only tolerates it from Howard now and even with him he fights back these days. And his biggest sore points anymore to be anything that indicates he's not a good producer - ie 'caught sleeping' and the sporkle revelation.

It probably has something to do with thinking at the time they arrived at Sirius that there was only 5 years left and he started to want to be respected and seen as a legitimate producer so he can be hired somewhere else when the show is over. He definitely doesn't take much shit anymore. He basically only tolerates it from Howard now and even with him he fights back these days. And his biggest sore points anymore to be anything that indicates he's not a good producer - ie 'caught sleeping' and the sporkle revelation.

I fucking love when he gets his balls broken. The old Fight Week tapes show him always up against the wall lashing out-now it's *gasp* unheard of to criticize his work. The fact that he's so pissed that he got caught sleeping on the job is telling. It shows you what he thinks of his job.

Well hes not a good producer. He wouldnt be where he is without them busting his balls. Its really the only thing he is good for.

Well hes not a good producer. He wouldnt be where he is without them busting his balls. Its really the only thing he is good for.

That's not really fair . . .

tumblr_lc0pfzqZGB1qeliv2o1_r2_500.gif

RangersFan

The show after that pitch was epic. Artie was relentless.

I still remember that show vividly. I was living in LA at the time and had the day off, I originally was gonna go hiking and biking, but I just ended up driving around in my car (the only radio I had that had sirius), listening to the whole thing. God, it makes me miss artie so damn much. He really made Gary mad.

nocode

That's not really fair . . .

tumblr_lc0pfzqZGB1qeliv2o1_r2_500.gif

I saw that pitch live and up close. A crowed gathered at the top of the stairs behind the section of stands that is even with the on deck circle. He threw the pitch, it was worse than everyone could have imagined, and the buzz in the stadium from then until the game started was audible. It was hilarious. My seat was in the outfield, and you could still hear the stadium buzzing about it. As bad as it looked on TV, and as bad as they gave it to him in the studio, it was even worse that day.

Top Bottom