• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I noticed a live episode of AGT airs next Thursday instead of the normal Tuesday/Wednesday. I wonder if Howard has anything to do with that or if its Labor Day related?

Grinchy

Banned
This is now a party!

I watched Bobo's treasure trade on HTV. He really did look pretty good with a mustache, even if it was made of pubes.

Grinchy

Banned
Couldn't make him look any worse. Especially with that outrageously dumb wig/mullet.

I felt really bad for him when he was trying to get the chair in his car and no one would help him. The poor guy is just a huge fan of the show and he's a good sport. They just shit all over him.

I'm sick of his calls. Fuck him.

He's almost as bad as the real fake caller who just shills for Howard TV.

edit: Actually, fake calls in general bug the piss out of me. The flight attendant last week with the shitty Jay Leno story was awful and couldn't keep her story straight as to whether she called the show or the show called her. Hard to even know what's real anymore.

He didn't mention John, but did discuss the firings. Early in the show.

Gist of the conversation was Howard saying Jay wanted to get rid of people leftover from the primetime show but didn't have the balls to do it, so NBC made it look like budget reduction and made him the good guy.

I hate Leno but I kind of doubt Howard's take there. But anything to keep a Stern feud alive—now that he's even cozy with Mariah Carey I'm not sure the limits.

Other notes: Robin was well enough to make it to AGT last week but presumably still isn't in the studio? The Dax Shepard / Bradley Cooper interview bored me to tears.

Only half-way through the show. Will probably catch the rest later or in the morning.

What initiated Howard's feud with Jay Leno in the first place? I remember when Howard spoke of Leno cordially when he'd discuss him on the air, and even appeared on his show on a few occasions. Did Leno ever take cheap shots at him during any of his monologues, or did he badmouth him in magazine interviews?

I was listening to the 10/14/94 show and its amazing how similar it was to a modern episode - he was complaining that KROCK sucks and he can't wait til he's done. How he guarantees when his contract is up in 12 months he's gone and maybe out for good. He's so tired of waking up early and he's been at it for too long and treated like shit. After that he talked about the movie for the next hour or so and then took a bunch of calls where everyone said 'stop talking about the movie', 'the movie stuff is boring', 'you talk about the movie too much'. The only difference is now he tries to guilt the audience for being mean to him whereas back then he fought back with all the callers with a vengeance. Also back then there was no screening so it was a bunch of random callers where as now the phones are mostly loaded with the boring sycophants (that he says he picks up because they're good but hangs up on all of them anyway) like Bobo, Marianne, Mark from Boston, Tommy from Balden, King of all, etc.

Kosmo

Banned
What initiated Howard's feud with Jay Leno in the first place? I remember when Howard spoke of Leno cordially when he'd discuss him on the air, and even appeared on his show on a few occasions. Did Leno ever take cheap shots at him during any of his monologues, or did he badmouth him in magazine interviews?

Jay steals all his bits (Jay Walking, etc.) and never gives him credit. Then when he hired Stuttering John he never even called Howard to ask/tell him about it.

smurfx

get some go again
ugh fuck bobo. he is the worst of the fucking worst shitty callers.

Jay steals all his bits (Jay Walking, etc.) and never gives him credit. Then when he hired Stuttering John he never even called Howard to ask/tell him about it.
screw howard in this. he has always been a petty asshole and he would have done whatever it takes to ruin it for john. john was smart to tell jay not to say anything. howard always shits on people who leave the show. howard is only ever good to people he fires.

domstah

Why does this thread only seem to get bumped when Howard is on vacation?

Oh wait, I think I may already know the answer ...

screw howard in this. he has always been a petty asshole and he would have done whatever it takes to ruin it for john. john was smart to tell jay not to say anything. howard always shits on people who leave the show. howard is only ever good to people he fires.

Correcting the previous thing you quoted, Jay did call Howard after the fact (the call didn't go well). Howard was upset at Jay for that. He broke John's balls that day (the infamous audition tape) but said outright he wasn't mad at him and didn't blame him for taking the money and running.

Here's the show to back all of that up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUoVsQb8N-U

I think they had a bit of a falling out a while later when John said some stuff about Howard in the press, but prior to that (and well after John went to the Tonight Show) Howard and John were still personal friends—I recall they even went out for dinner.

smurfx

get some go again
Correcting the previous thing you quoted, Jay did call Howard after the fact (the call didn't go well). Howard was upset at Jay for that. He broke John's balls that day (the infamous audition tape) but said outright he wasn't mad at him and didn't blame him for taking the money and running.

Here's the show to back all of that up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUoVsQb8N-U

I think they had a bit of a falling out a while later when John said some stuff about Howard in the press, but prior to that (and well after John went to the Tonight Show) Howard and John were still personal friends—I recall they even went out for dinner.
howard busted his balls all the time after he had already left. also i don't think they were really friends after either. johns wife and beth still talked and that's pretty much how they still had contact with each other.

R2D4

Banned
Am I the only one that hates 80's and 90's Howard Stern? These Mammory Lane weeks are killing me. The guests and jokes are so out of date. The worst was that Sam Kinison week. I didn't understand anything I was hearing. I wish they would air more old Sirius shows with Artie.

Oh Man-I'm listening to Mammary Lane-the segment where Stuttering John is trying to get Gange and Gorilla out of his apartment-and they refuse to move out is a classic. So great.

Do they have clips of Billy West as Marge Schott for the 1,000th time?

That'd be way better than what I'm hearing. Last couple of segments have been the Jackie house flooding bit, and now Howard is doing his hilarious(!) impression of his parents.

You know it's going to be a long week when they open with Rich Little.

smurfx

get some go again
That'd be way better than what I'm hearing. Last couple of segments have been the Jackie house flooding bit, and now Howard is doing his hilarious(!) impression of his parents.

You know it's going to be a long week when they open with Rich Little.
howard doing his impressions of cousin brucie is pure torture. i remember one time he did it for about a week straight and he would go at least 30 min or longer with his stupid impression.

howard doing his impressions of cousin brucie is pure torture. i remember one time he did it for about a week straight and he would go at least 30 min or longer with his stupid impression.

My least favorite impression is JFK / Ted Kennedy. So off and the worst part is when he gets started on it he doesn't stop.

Oh dear lord - why oh why did I click on that? :/

Top Bottom