• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

They did yesterday on The Wrap Up Show. I don't think Howard is talking about it anymore, last time I remember that he said it's all in Gary's hands now.

I remember when Howard told him the next time he was late he would be fired and the next time he was late the only punishment Howard could come up with was to take him off The Wrap Up Show.

xclaw

Looks like they have some sort of new on demand function now within the web player. Which is nice, can listen to last weeks Sterns without having to go above and beyond.

Oh and fuck Shuli, guy is nothing but an annoyance.

Just started yesterday's show. This is terrible already. I can't stand Shuli's voice. Its like someone pinched his nose shut and then fed him tons of mayonnaise.

Sounds like today had lots of Sour, so I'm at least looking forward to that.

The big talk over on Dawg is that Benjy is leaving the show, but I'm not sure anything that anyone predicts over there comes true.

Grinchy

Banned
Sounds like today had lots of Sour, so I'm at least looking forward to that.

The big talk over on Dawg is that Benjy is leaving the show, but I'm not sure anything that anyone predicts over there comes true.

Yeah I saw that too, but like you, I know not to take that forum too seriously.

It's full of grown men who cry about a rep system.

I'll know the truth behind Scott Ostrosky before Benji leaves THSS.

That thread is one of the most mind boggling things on the internet. The guy clearly knows nothing but has managed to string people along for years. I'm amazed at a) the thread starters dedication as he updates frequently b) the conspiracies and nonsense that the posters gleen from him overly cryptic messages that have zero meaning behind them.

High Pitch Eric sickens me. Its partly his voice and partly the fact that I can almost smell him through the radio. I got so nauseaus when they did the poop weighing thing a few years ago. The smell in his apartment was probably unimaginably horrible before they even began. And I bet everything in that place has a sticky coating of chip grease and/or cheeto dust.

That thread is one of the most mind boggling things on the internet. The guy clearly knows nothing but has managed to string people along for years. I'm amazed at a) the thread starters dedication as he updates frequently b) the conspiracies and nonsense that the posters gleen from him overly cryptic messages that have zero meaning behind them.

I remember that guy from SFN. I get the joke but I still found it to be annoying.

High Pitch Eric sickens me. Its partly his voice and partly the fact that I can almost smell him through the radio. I got so nauseaus when they did the poop weighing thing a few years ago. The smell in his apartment was probably unimaginably horrible before they even began. And I bet everything in that place has a sticky coating of chip grease and/or cheeto dust.

I always felt sorry for Sadie.

I'm finally listening to the show from today. Shuli seems to have gotten a little more confidence and is talking more (which is putting me to sleep).

Still waiting for Sour to get all set up with his keyboard and 2x4 to hold in the power cord.

Ughh, High Pitch saying the word 'cream' sounds so gross.

Wait a tick - Eric hates fish and is afraid of them but he eats 60 rolls of sushi in a sitting?

Sorry for double posting like a mahfuggah in this thread but I just listened to Shuli's first show. And while I hate Shuli and still think he's boring and unfunny I must admit this episode is the best Howard has sounded in awhile. He sounded alert, attentive, talkative, and really trying to bring the laughs (instead of just commenting on AGT, complaining about twitter and his fans, and pig snorting). I think having another person in the studio there for him to play off is doing him good. Of course maybe I'm nuts and just imagining all this. Anyone else feel like Howard is more into it with Shuli in there?

LordCanti

Ughh, High Pitch saying the word 'cream' sounds so gross.

Wait a tick - Eric hates fish and is afraid of them but he eats 60 rolls of sushi in a sitting?

Eric is probably too stupid to realize that sushi might contain fish.

Just imagining that old lady applying cream to his asshole...gahh. The story with the bleach was equally as unappetizing.

Oh, and there's no way in hell he's capable of walking five miles.

Sorry for double posting like a mahfuggah in this thread but I just listened to Shuli's first show. And while I hate Shuli and still think he's boring and unfunny I must admit this episode is the best Howard has sounded in awhile. He sounded alert, attentive, talkative, and really trying to bring the laughs (instead of just commenting on AGT, complaining about twitter and his fans, and pig snorting). I think having another person in the studio there for him to play off is doing him good. Of course maybe I'm nuts and just imagining all this. Anyone else feel like Howard is more into it with Shuli in there?

I think Howard's finally making an effort to improve the show. I don't think Shuli helped at all, but that doesn't mean Howard isn't improving other parts of the show at the same time.

I think it's great that Howard's willing to put someone in that chair again, but Shuli is not the answer. I'd be fine with rotating, even. But we need another actual voice in that studio, not just someone who adds nothing new to the conversations and just plays yes man to Howard.

Just having Sour in studio for a day has renewed my hope in the show. If they keep trying stuff like that maybe we can get out of this post-Artie slump and start a new era of the show.

The show is still great but you can tell they're phoning it in in some respects by not getting an Artie replacement. It's like when a band is young and hungry and one of their key members quits, they find a replacement. But when the band is older and satisfied they either go on short one person or just get a session musician to fill in.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wish we could just have Artie back. I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream.

I'm still hoping Billy West comes back :/ BTW have you guys noticed how quiet Fred has been for a while. He used to be johnny on the spot with the sound effects when certain things happened.

I'm still hoping Billy West comes back :/ BTW have you guys noticed how quiet Fred has been for a while. He used to be johnny on the spot with the sound effects when certain things happened.

He's too busy filling in with his new fake laugh.

Also: I think Sour would be the modern Billy. Let him sit in one show a week and get a hang for when he can contribute. They treat him like he's Gary the Retard but he's obviously a bright dude and seeing if/how he develops given a steady gig would be a big part of the appeal.

And now, yes, yes I have.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah she has a great bod and a nice left tit.

In most other pictures I've seen of her, her face turned me off. But these pics are really damn hot. And Benjy looks disgusting.

Clearly a set up story for Shuli right out of the block today. And now he's talking almost as much as Robin.

Three days in a row with block party talk now. Did you guys know Ronnie is crazy?

Weak Wednesday show 40 minutes in.

Riggs

Banned
I love when Howard gets confronted and his response is always to "cancel your subscription"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lp4rPyZoRg

And I hate Shuli and his fake laugh. In fact I hate everything about Shuli.

I love how you hate the show so much but keep listening. And then post about how much you hate the show that you keep listening to in the thread.

Nothing against you it just cracks me up.

I have this nagging feeling that you are Scott the Engineer for some reason.

I love how you hate the show so much but keep listening. And then post about how much you hate the show that you keep listening to in the thread.

Nothing against you it just cracks me up.

I have this nagging feeling that you are Scott the Engineer for some reason.

Sounds like most of his listeners at this point.

I'm listening because of shows like yesterday. And also because it's fun to bitch about what sucks and Howard finally seems to be making some adjustments. Now we just need to get someone better than Shuli in the chair and we could be cooking with gas.

R2D4

Banned
I love when Howard gets confronted and his response is always to "cancel your subscription"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lp4rPyZoRg

And I hate Shuli and his fake laugh. In fact I hate everything about Shuli.

Well if you don't like the product you are paying for then cancel. Why is that so hard for people to understand. I love how people like "Ken" want 80's and 90's Stern back so badly they will do anything for it. People change. Howard obviously doesn't want to do 5 days a week anymore. So what? Cancel then if you don't like it. He doesn't owe you anything.

Well if you don't like the product you are paying for then cancel. Why is that so hard for people to understand. I love how people like "Ken" want 80's and 90's Stern back so badly they will do anything for it. People change. Howard obviously doesn't want to do 5 days a week anymore. So what? Cancel then if you don't like it. He doesn't owe you anything.

Sure but he really wasnt being that negative. It was an overreaction.

Grinchy

Banned
It's like when he verbally tore Judd Apatow a new asshole just for saying he was getting tired of the AGT synergy on Twitter. Howard gets hit by a slingshot and retaliates with a nuke. I love listening to it though.

Shuli had quite a few "jokes" today that completely fell flat. There was one comment he made about Jews that you could tell really irked Howard. Wish I could remember it.

Anyways, I don't expect him to be back. I'm sure they are getting tons of hate mail about him. They usually read some emails praising people when they sit in, like George Takei or David Arquette. Nothing for Shuli. Shalom bitch.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been reading and hearing great things about Sour Shoes. My friend has been texting me about how hilarious he was on the show.

I'm listening to it right now. He's fantastic. He was doing an impression of Fred the Elephant Boy talking to someone (Ronnie maybe) and Gary broke into interrupt and it was so perfect I thought the really Gary was saying it but then realized it was still Sour. 'Yeahh! Woooo!'

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Please less of Eric the Actor. He is so annoying and the quack-quack voice joke is only funny once every three months which is about how often he should be on.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm only about halfway through Monday's show, and so far Shuli hasn't bothered me at all. In fact, it's just great having another voice in the studio.

Top Bottom