• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I like Shuli. His voice has kind of a weird nasaly quality to it but otherwise I think it's better for the show to have an extra person in the studio.

R2D4

Banned
It's so weird that Sour Shoes can hold a better conversation imitating someone else than he can being himself.

I love when Howard gets confronted and his response is always to "cancel your subscription"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lp4rPyZoRg

And I hate Shuli and his fake laugh. In fact I hate everything about Shuli.

Howard doesn't look bad there at all. The Robin thing was answered million times why do they have to update every second. We don't know the real reason why she's still home but i assume she either lost hair, got fat or worse. So why in the world would he want to bring that up?

Shuli does realllllly fucking suck though. If he becomes perm i think i might stop listening to the show daily and just read up about it. Scott Ferrall leaving sucks too, he was good on fight weeks.

The actual interview was "meh". The aftermath of Howard unleashing on Gary turned it into a good show.

Yeah, the in-studio guests this week seem to have been a snooze (I've yet to listen to Monday even). Maybe guests just refuse to do the show now, but it sure seems like they're missing out on a ton of good guests.

I said its my favorite show, that's what I said!

Unrelated: I haven't listened to it yet but the Back Office show sounds awesome. I can imagine it will lead to a lot of shit stirring and content for the regular show as its the return of Page 69 and Jason tattle tale-ing and poking beehives.

Unrelated: I haven't listened to it yet but the Back Office show sounds awesome. I can imagine it will lead to a lot of shit stirring and content for the regular show as its the return of Page 69 and Jason tattle tale-ing and poking beehives.

I listened for about 20 minutes. They definitely talked a lot of shit. I just can't stand Jason so I turned it off.

The most newsworthy piece to come out of it seems to have been the Robin talk. These quotes from Dawg's Saloon are accurate, as I listened to the show:

They said she "courageously" gets up every day and does the show from home because she isn't feeling well and it's a good way for her to stay in touch with the "outside world".

The most telling thing was when Will said " Look, read between the lines, drop it! "

Doesn't sound good for our tiramisu-flavored mons vernus. Really hoping she can pull through this and whatever treatment she's going through and get back in the studio. I've never been a big Robin fan, but this is making me realize how important she is to the show.

Beth with some gems on twitter today:

BethStern: Charlie Boy Stern. 17lbs. Newest Stern family member. We are in love with him. Adopting an adult cat is incredible! http://t.co/tHMsSkSt

BethStern: Absolutely @BethStern congrats on the new cat, but do you think you will ever get another dog?

BethStern: Yes @BethStern Do you think when @HowardStern retires you guys will start your own animal shelter

^ I wonder if Howard knows that yet haha

EDIT: It seems like every 9 out of 10 pics I see of Beth she's wearing that weird G.R.R. Martin hat.

RangersFan

ugh, i think i'm finally done with the show. it's sad, but I can't take it anymore. ever since artie "left" and ever since it became a 3 day week the show has become so boring. this past week was just pathetic. with the show being agt wrap up, stern has been mailing it in for the past year. never would have thought him of all ppl would become such a sell out shell of his former self. i really don't even care for any of the other sirius channels enough to keep my subscription going, i may just cancel it altogether.

What episodes have you been listening to? Were you listening to slightly older shows? I thought this week was pretty good with the wedding stuff and drunken John Lieberman and what not. I don't remember a lot of AGT talk?

RangersFan

What episodes have you been listening to? Were you listening to slightly older shows? I thought this week was pretty good with the wedding stuff and drunken John Lieberman and what not. I don't remember a lot of AGT talk?

i'm up to date, i enjoyed drunk lieberman, but it was more the guests this week, shuli in the artie chair, and just the show in general for the past year or so. AGT talk i was referencing earlier when the show was on and stern was always killing time by doing AGT wrap up, during the days they were actually live in studio, which seemed to be rare during his judging stint. the show has changed dramatically from arties departure, to the 3 day a week format, to stern devoting his time to other interests other than the show. a lot of the stern "mailing it in" seems to coincide when he lost his lawsuit against sirius. i'm tired of hearing howard, fred, and robin kill time by ganging up on baba booey over his tech knowledge, the whooping cough was actually pretty funny, he deserved to get bashed there. i dunno what it was about this past week, i guess i really do love his interviewing of good guests more than i realized, i just didn't find chelsea handler, dr. ruth, and carol miller all that fascinating.

edit: i will say sour shoes in studio was very enjoyable, too bad he was late. i would love for stern to make him a regular, it's funny most of the enjoyment i get from the show nowadays is a lot of the wack packers, the impersonations, and sal and richard bits rather than the in office going ons.

Chelsea Handler was a good interview this week, other two night as much. Still entertaining. It is sad when Howard talks about hen he's going to quit though, I mean it's inevitable but will be weird when it happens.

RangersFan

it was a good interview in terms of she was open and honest and would answer anything that howard would ask her, which is always great, but i just didn't care for her at all. i have never once watched any of her shows, and really didn't find her interesting at all. though her bit about dumping her ex because he ordered apple pie in first class was pretty funny though.

The most newsworthy piece to come out of it seems to have been the Robin talk. These quotes from Dawg's Saloon are accurate, as I listened to the show:

Doesn't sound good for our tiramisu-flavored mons vernus. Really hoping she can pull through this and whatever treatment she's going through and get back in the studio. I've never been a big Robin fan, but this is making me realize how important she is to the show.

I cant claim to be her biggest fan but she cant really be replaced and I cant see how they could do the show without her.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I cant claim to be her biggest fan but she cant really be replaced and I cant see how they could do the show without her.
Yeah. I mean you can joke about how they could probably replace her with record player that repeats the phrase "I was just about to say that!" every 10 minutes, but really she is integral to the show.

I completely fast forwarded the Chelsea interview. Such a completely unpleasant person, so full of herself. For once I found myself in agreement with Jeff the Drunk.

Oh God, Horse from AGT? He was one of the worst people on that dumb ass show. I don't get what Howard finds so funny about him. Quick, someone check if Don Buchwald is his manager too!

And I will always skip over: Joan Rivers, Hulk Hogan, Chelsea Handler, Lisa Lampanelli, Whitney Cummings, and Donald Trump .. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them. (I actually do listen to the Jesse Ventura interviews even though he's on a bit too much)

EDIT: Listening to Back Office Radio - major fireworks between Jason and Jon Hein. I wasn't aware of this but Jason seems to really hate Jon Hein. Its apparent though that its 100% based on jealousy of how much Howard loves Jon and how Jon gets on all the extra shows around 100 and 101.

EDIT 2: Oh and it seems Jason is still salty about Jon Hein's Fast Food show. Which I kinda get, since that was Jason's idea in the first place.

EDIT 3: "We looked like we had a bear carpet in the bathroom from Jason's shedding back hair and our toilet actually looked fuzzy from all of Jason's ass hair, it was disgusting!" - Will Murray

Grinchy

Banned
Hopefully we can skip how much he makes, how big his penis is and any psychoanalysis of his childhood.

Unfortunately the interviewer doesn't care about anything else.

I heard Cranston on Carolla pretty recently and it was a fun interview. Hopefully Stern doesn't go into ADD mode too hard and lets Cranston be funny.

Unfortunately the interviewer doesn't care about anything else.

I heard Cranston on Carolla pretty recently and it was a fun interview. Hopefully Stern doesn't go into ADD mode too hard and lets Cranston be funny.

"Aren't you angry at your parents for that?"
"Don't you think you are a genius? How do you memorize all those lines?"
"How many chicks were you with before your wife?"

R2D4

Banned
"Aren't you angry at your parents for that?"
"Don't you think you are a genius? How do you memorize all those lines?"
"How many chicks were you with before your wife?"

"How big is your dick?"
"Do you masterbate?"
"How long can you last?"
"Did you like me on AGT?"