• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

Ugh im so behind because of the storm. Was able to catch bits and pieces here and there while In my car charging my mobile devices. With all the cell towers down I can't access sirius app and on demand services to start the shows from the past 3 days from the beginning. Can't wait to get power back. So many tv shows and 3 stern shows to catch up on. Plus kimmel.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, Howard just tries too hard on these shows. If he just talked to Jimmy like a normal human being, that would have gone over better IMO. Tracy Morgan really shows the difference between Howard and a person who is on TV for a living.

Man, Howard just tries too hard on these shows. If he just talked to Jimmy like a normal human being, that would have gone over better IMO.

I agree 100%. I get douche chills or something when I watch him on talk shows. He's a different person. Its funny because he was just giving Gary shit about the Nerdist show for not being himself.

Grinchy

Banned
Listening to the DL Hughley interview makes me thank God that I've had a quiet, peaceful, rural existence.

That was an awesome interview. I actually just listened to it today. I have never been a big fan of his, but he was so great on the show and came across as such a real person.

I actually really enjoyed the Victoria Jackson interview too, but for very different reasons.

Even Howard thought it was a bit much when Jason went on the tirade that anyone following JD on Twitter is being disrespectful to Howard. Jason sounds like an all around douche.

And of course Shuli had to drop in and step on the fun.

R2D4

Banned
Why is this thread always a month behind?

Anyway, what a total bitch Howard and Robin are about people staying home during the hurricane. Especially Robin who's fat ass as been working at home for over a month now. Richard was awesome when he called her out on it. And how many weeks was Howard only on for two days because of AGT and having to stay awake past 9pm. Fucking cry baby.

Wasn't sure what was up with Robin, especially after she said something about how she was able to make it in. I thought for a minute that she had finally returned to the studio, but then later realized she is still at home. Walking from her bedroom to where ever they have the radio equipment set-up is hardly the same as going out in the storm to get to work.

I think she got extra touchy because she's doing the show while dying. But from our perspective of being told she's fine then she shouldn't be giving anyone else shit. Maybe they should just be straight with what's going on.

Howard should definitely be douche of the week. It's beyond awkward to listen to his berating people who stayed home to be with their families—especially when so many of them couldn't have even returned home after the show on Monday.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.

Anyway, what a total bitch Howard and Robin are about people staying home during the hurricane. Especially Robin who's fat ass as been working at home for over a month now. Richard was awesome when he called her out on it. And how many weeks was Howard only on for two days because of AGT and having to stay awake past 9pm. Fucking cry baby.
I listened to the first time in a couple years on Tuesday to hear them discuss the storm, and was actually into it. Then I listened again on Wednesday and was quickly reminded of why I stopped listening, Howard and Robin ganging up on the underlings with arguments with the dumbest premises just insisting they're right over and over no matter how dumb they sound. I usually don't mind when they shit on Gary or Jackie because I feel like those 2 can take it and handle themselves well. This is why I prefer to listen to classic episodes where it was easier for someone like Jackie or even Stuttering John to call them on their shit instead of getting endlessly hammered.

Howard should definitely be douche of the week. It's beyond awkward to listen to his berating people who stayed home to be with their families—especially when so many of them couldn't have even returned home after the show on Monday.

Its hard for me to criticize him for being an asshole because thats usually what makes the show so good.

That was an awesome interview. I actually just listened to it today. I have never been a big fan of his, but he was so great on the show and came across as such a real person.

I actually really enjoyed the Victoria Jackson interview too, but for very different reasons.

I loved DL Hughley too. I wish he could do his own show.

RangersFan

Was able to catch Wednesdays show and wrap up in its entirety, still gotta catch mondays and tuesdays whenever i get power back. Also caught backoffice radio today. Robin flipping out on Richard was ridiculous, he was being literal not malicious. Shuli really does suck in studio, I don't mind him when he's justing doing the news, but he isn't nearly as funny as impressionists or others they had sit in. Backoffice radio is a good show because its all about the office and staff, which has always been my favorite aspect of the show. However i still hate Jason with a passion. Everything about him is nauseating. For me its wrap up > stern show > backoffice > jon hein tv show > geek time > superfan round table > everything else

LordCanti

I thought Victoria Jackson was one of Michael Jackson's sisters, so I wasn't really looking forward to watching it. Then I realized she was a crazy old ex-SNL castmember, and suddenly it was an interesting interview to watch. It's nice to know that she wasn't rewarded for her extremism (quite the opposite; it sounds like it sank her career).

Has it been that long? Christ. She doesn't sound like she's on her death bed but maybe she is.

At this point, I'm guessing it's cancer. I don't think she'd still be out if it was just a benign thing they had removed. She's probably doing chemo, which makes her too weak to actually commute.

It's because he does a show whenever he feels like it these days, and no one ever knows when the show is going to be on. That's why I'm behind anyway. I'm mostly just watching the Howard TV segments, because the radio show is too long to really catch up with. I'll probably listen to the most recent ones to hear the storm commentary though.

It was kinda weird because it came out of nowhere with no set up and was played during the commercials but I was dying hearing Gary talking to DL Hughley in ghetto talk. What was that all about? Was Gary being for real or was he put up to that for some reason?

It was kinda weird because it came out of nowhere with no set up and was played during the commercials but I was dying hearing Gary talking to DL Hughley in ghetto talk. What was that all about? Was Gary being for real or was he put up to that for some reason?

That was like from 12 years ago-Gary was going to book him for the show and they wanted to see if he would react to Gary talking "black"

And yes I agree-it's hysterical. "You got any shorties?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0vH6ATNlHI

RangersFan

You married or u a playa?

Was finally able to crash at a buddies in queens and use his internet to d/l 10-29 and 10-30 shows. Half way through 10-29, evil letterman totally bombed, shuli is not funny, disappointed to hear sour shoes was originally scheduled to be the in studio band but the storm fucked that up. Howard and robin ganging up gary is infuriating. I know part of it is shtick but still.

You married or u a playa?

Was finally able to crash at a buddies in queens and use his internet to d/l 10-29 and 10-30 shows. Half way through 10-29, evil letterman totally bombed, shuli is not funny, disappointed to hear sour shoes was originally scheduled to be the in studio band but the storm fucked that up. Howard and robin ganging up gary is infuriating. I know part of it is shtick but still.

And the whole Howard Stern Show Musical bit is not funny.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think the Broadway musical is funny. I found it mildly amusing the first time they mentioned it, but since then I've just wanted them to give it a rest.

At the end of 10/22 - Shuli is such a piece of shit. He's just about the only person in the world that can make me feel sympathy for and side with Scott Depace.

At the end of 10/22 - Shuli is such a piece of shit. He's just about the only person in the world that can make me feel sympathy for and side with Scott Depace.

I do really dislike Shuli-but if you are referring to the part where he said he would be reliable after Gary said he wouldn't...I think that whole thing was blown out of proportion. Shuli was simply joking around-that's supposed to be his job in the studio. Everyone else was really butthurt over it-especially that Booey.

LordCanti

I'm waiting for Jason to get fired for what he said about Robin. It's pretty damn clear that she doesn't put up with that these days.

Shuli is a weasel. In his arguments with Artie, Doug Goodstein, and pretty much everyone else, he's been the petty douchebag of the two people. About the only time I've sided with him is when Scott the Engineer tried to shake them all down for more money.

I do really dislike Shuli-but if you are referring to the part where he said he would be reliable after Gary said he wouldn't...I think that whole thing was blown out of proportion. Shuli was simply joking around-that's supposed to be his job in the studio. Everyone else was really butthurt over it-especially that Booey.

I'm talking about the argument between him and Depace over the Ronnie Block Party show. Depace is right - the audience isn't there to see the comedic stylings of Shuli and some schlub named Mad Dog .. they're there to see Stern show personalities. And it does seem like Depace was singled out of the crowd for talking.

I'm waiting for Jason to get fired for what he said about Robin. It's pretty damn clear that she doesn't put up with that these days.

What did he say?

R2D4

Banned
I'm talking about the argument between him and Depace over the Ronnie Block Party show. Depace is right - the audience isn't there to see the comedic stylings of Shuli and some schlub named Mad Dog .. they're there to see Stern show personalities. And it does seem like Depace was singled out of the crowd for talking.

What did he say?

He was upset that Robin was telling people how to take care of their loved ones. So Jason said that order to comment on how to take care of a loved one Robin would have to find a loved one.

Has anyone else noticed that in the past month or so Howard has been using a lot of hacky one liner / zinger type jokes? Almost like they're meant for a Jay Leno monologue or something?

He was upset that Robin was telling people how to take care of their loved ones. So Jason said that order to comment on how to take care of a loved one Robin would have to find a loved one.
Well its true. I haven't heard it yet but I still can't believe Robin was sitting int the comfort of her house giving people shit for not going to work during the hurricane.

R2D4

Banned
Well its true. I haven't heard it yet but I still can't believe Robin was sitting int the comfort of her house giving people shit for not going to work during the hurricane.

Robin is generally wrong about anything that comes out of her mouth.

Has anyone else noticed that in the past month or so Howard has been using a lot of hacky one liner / zinger type jokes? Almost like they're meant for a Jay Leno monologue or something?

Yep. Started with the Muldred stuff. They've been making a lot of adjustments lately, but those, Shuli sitting in and having Rachel B. sit in as Wanda Sykes are some of the worst things for me.

R2D4

Banned
Yep. Started with the Muldred stuff. They've been making a lot of adjustments lately, but those, Shuli sitting in and having Rachel B. sit in as Wanda Sykes are some of the worst things for me.

The Wanda Sykes thing sucked. Big Foot Jr and Andrew Dice Clay Jr were gold.

Top Bottom