• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

wrap up was awesome. finally glad someone came to defense of JD in the whole Jason vs JD feud. Steve Brandano hit the nail on the head, I always sided with JD because I can't stand Jason but Jason does get away with so much shit because Howard and Gary love him.

No way am I finding Bigfoot Junior funny. Bigfoot Mark and the way he talks is natural and I know they can't have him in everyday so some guy doing an impression and saying "it is" after every joke is not having an effect on me.

I'm sure Howard is embellishing a lot with the story of his parents living with him but still it sounds like a misery. "It's too much food!"

Sour Shoes is the greatest. I love the way he slips 'noin' into everything. And I couldn't stop laughing when he was telling the Gary story of hiding under Jay Leno's desk in 2003.

And I know it was mentioned the day of the show but Howard really f/ed Sour Shoes over by gimping his set up. He needs the SFX and the synthesizer. The keyboard alone doesn't work for him.

VPhys

Bigfoot Jr. was so good yesterday. The whole thing with Eric he was just channeling Artie through the voice of Bigfoot. The tension when he was using language Howard no longer deems appropriate was like a breath of fresh air. And his calling out Howard on being PC was effective—I think he actually sounded a little proud when the guy said he learned it all from growing up listening to him.

Hell, let whoever that guy is sit in and talk in his own voice. He's clearly riffing and does a great job at it.

Looking forward to listening once I don't have a shit ton of work I'm behind on. Sounds like a fun interview.

Bigfoot Junior was on fucking fire. I loved him going back and forth with Eric the midget.

In depth interview of Tom Cotter and his wife you say? Can't wait to skip over that one! So now we're interviewing people who don't even win contest shows? Would this guy be in the studio if Buchwald wasn't his agent?

RangersFan

In depth interview of Tom Cotter and his wife you say? Can't wait to skip over that one! So now we're interviewing people who don't even win contest shows? Would this guy be in the studio if Buchwald wasn't his agent?

Overall it was a meh show, the Cotter interview sucked actually until the wife was brought in. to be fair Buchwald has a huge agency and pretty much Howard is one of the the few clients he represents personally, I very much doubt Don has any idea who Tom Cotter is.

The staff weigh was a huge bust, especially with Tim losing weight, JD and Jason making up two weeks ago on back office has hurt the drama. big black and king were meh, big black is just infuriating, especially with the political climate after coming off a contentious election this year. hoping for the best tomorrow, especially since every time they are live in studio I set my bedroom "sonos boff" to go off at 6am to wake me up.

Oh man just watched the John Lieberman Medicated Pete "Embedded" special. Fantastic. That is one crazy guy. I wish they fed him beer earlier in the day.

^ Other than the Fight Week specials its my favorite thing on the Howard channels.

Jesus Christ. It's getting more and more obvious when Howard is awkwardly reading off the terrible one liners his staff writes on that new system.

Yeah those things are really bad. I have to imagine Shuli is writing them. They just sound like the jokes of an amateur comedian. It doesn't help that Howard crowbars them in or sets them up with awkward segways.

Ohhh Richard, we want you to be clean. Don't you want to be clean. Wash that man's rear.

So there was a mystery writer in the studio today

aR3g2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UOrR4S3H8r8#

Anyone recognize him?

Hmm kinda interesting - Jason admits that Tim and staff are creating shows to justify their jobs since Howard only works three days a week and reveals staff members have to write a letter to management every two years explaining what they do. In retaliation Howard wants to get rid of Back Office Radio aka the best thing they have going right now.

Weenerz

Banned
Hmm kinda interesting - Jason admits that Tim and staff are creating shows to justify their jobs since Howard only works three days a week and reveals staff members have to write a letter to management every two years explaining what they do. In retaliation Howard wants to get rid of Back Office Radio aka the best thing they have going right now.

The underlings working on the O&A show have been getting pressure to submit more bits, looks like the new owners are putting pressure on the peons.

Your flag?!

The underlings working on the O&A show have been getting pressure to submit more bits, looks like the new owners are putting pressure on the peons.

I wonder if this is why activity around the show in general seems to have picked up in the past two months or so. In addition to new shows and specials on H100/H101 there's Muldred, giant mandatory meetings (that Sal is late to and falls asleep in), having guests sit in like Tesoro, Butera, and Sour Shoes, etc etc

gdt

Good god, I love Sour Shoes' Gary impression so much. I could listen to it all day....the voice isn't 100% perfect, but what he's saying and the mannerisms are beyond amazing.

Good god, I love Sour Shoes' Gary impression so much. I could listen to it all day....the voice isn't 100% perfect, but what he's saying and the mannerisms are beyond amazing.

His impression is gold.

Also side note - I overheard Brian Phelan say that George Takei will be in next week. Can anyone confirm hearing this?

I love how he gets that 'noin' everywhere. Even his story of going to college gets turned to going to Pepperdoyne.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm way behind (11/6) and only an hour in, but wtf is up with Howard? I know I read other people agreeing that Sour Shoes was off his game, but I think it's just that Howard was in a pissy mood and threw Sour off right from the start. I hate when Howard is in a pissy mood and ruins the only attempts at comedy anyone will see for the entire day.

I'm way behind (11/6) and only an hour in, but wtf is up with Howard? I know I read other people agreeing that Sour Shoes was off his game, but I think it's just that Howard was in a pissy mood and threw Sour off right from the start. I hate when Howard is in a pissy mood and ruins the only attempts at comedy anyone will see for the entire day.
Yeah I thought Howard was sandbagging him for some reason. First not letting him have any instruments or synthesizers - just the plain keyboard. And then whenever Sour Shoes said or did something (which I personally thought was funny) Howard would just meet him with silence and ask Robin if Sour was off.

RangersFan

if you guys are talking about sour's last in studio time, he wasn't as good as he was the time before. howard did cripple him by not allowing him to bring his convoluted setup, though quintessential sour shoes setup. apparently his synthesizer he has is really old and has a lot of his custom sounds and one of the custom patch cables can't be replaced hence the big setup and piece of wood he lays on the side to keep the cable in place. he was definitely crippled without his usual setup. just hearing his story and his personality it's obvious his mind work very differently so to get him at his best you just gotta let him be himself.

today's show was meh, this whole week was really boring. i'm sick of all musical bits, i would like more wack pack stuff. i had a feeling when howard was pushing for 3 day weeks during negotiation in 2010 he was really gonna be mailing it in. still praying for an artie intervention miracle before the show ends it run in 3 years.

ErrrrYEEEEAAAH!!! Might actually listen to THSS next week.

btw, Jon Hein's fastfood mania is fantastic. Inspires me to finally embark on my US fastfood oddessey (among other things) wanna try five guys sooooo bad.

My wife's family is from Lodi,CA where that first A&W he went to was-I go there all the time.

(Food's ok...)

Top Bottom