• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Looks like SFN has identified the mystery writer from the other day - Mike Morse. I wonder if he's the on responsible for the lame, awkward, Jay Lenoesque one liners. I'm still gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume Howard is pulling stuff from that Muldred system.

I think the new Leno style is a group effort, though in my mind I like to attribute them all to Shuli.

The Mike Morse guy seems to have only been in for a week, so it seems to be part of either this audition or rotating "talent" thing they've been doing lately.

Robin is laughing a ton lately and seems really happy. Wonder if she got some good news...

My theory is it's a mixture of needing to compensate for not being in the studio for so long (laughing loudly being her way of letter her presence be felt) and also she's on some crazy drugs. The laughing during the Tarantino interview was bizarre—almost like listening to Bob and Tom.

It's hard to assume anything has improved until we hear that or she returns to the studio. I'm guessing they've kept her whole situation quiet so that it hasn't dominated the show over the past six months, but it's the most intriguing storyline going for me.

She's been out since May. For her to be gone this long but still work its gotta be some kind of tube or IV bag hooked up to her. But yet something she can be off of for a few hour windows since she goes out to movies and restaurants and what not.

Can you imagine who this MONKEY is...that wants to make monkey love to Howard Stern? They've already made love to a devil!

Ha I just listened to that episode today. What's amazing about that is how the guy says he'll play them even at $500,000 but that wasn't a real call so he's left holding the bag. I wonder if he paid up or not? I mean why not if he was going to when he though it was real. Its needed even more than before since it wasn't. And Florence Henderson - "Oh I knew that wasn't her!" Well why didn't you say something?!

Ha I just listened to that episode today. What's amazing about that is how the guy says he'll play them even at $500,000 but that wasn't a real call so he's left holding the bag. I wonder if he paid up or not? I mean why not if he was going to when he though it was real. Its needed even more than before since it wasn't. And Florence Henderson - "Oh I knew that wasn't her!" Well why didn't you say something?!

Right after Janks says that, the woman says "I don't think this is really Kathy Lee Gifford"-and that guy chimes in "I DON'T THINK IT'S HER, EITHER!"

No shit, stupid.

Then they all try to basically save face and move on-but that guy is so steaming mad and embarassed he keeps bringing it back up.

"I BET SOMEONE TOLD THAT PERSON THAT THEY SOUNDED LIKE KATHY LEE GIFFORD."

Right after Janks says that, the woman says "I don't think this is really Kathy Lee Gifford"-and that guy chimes in "I DON'T THINK IT'S HER, EITHER!"

Ha yeah like there still might be a possibility it really was her even though she pranked a telethon saying she wants to make monkey love to Howard Stern. That Kathy Lee has a real wild streak!

Aboogleyadada beyaugay mool uhhh woogey magayou

Also-that other guy runs in and says, "hey we just raised...uh....25,000!"

I call bullshit-they were just trying to save face.

Meanwhile-this episode I'm listening to is awful. Full of Howard's dumb one liners and this terribly unfunny songs. Hard to listen to.

RangersFan

omg tiki barber in, howard better make this good. better talk about him dumping his pregnant wife for a young blonde, and criticizing eli and coughlin after he retired only for them to win the super bowl the next year.

Listening to a segment now of Howard going through the news. This is seriously giving me douche chills. This is embarrasingly bad. These jokes are so obvious and hacky. How long till he asks why they don't make the planes out of the material they use to make the black boxes or what the deal is with bad airline food? I picture Howard reading these in a spotlight in front of a brick wall.

Have you guys seen/heard this .. apparently Emily Stern has an album out and one of the songs is Zoo Za Zoo and people from dawgsaloon keep calling in and bombing the show with 'zoo za zoo' references? I wonder why Howard hasn't mentioned anything about Emily's album though? He thinks it would be taking advantage of his fans or something?

He is probably embarrassed

Looks like SFN has identified the mystery writer from the other day - Mike Morse. I wonder if he's the on responsible for the lame, awkward, Jay Lenoesque one liners. I'm still gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume Howard is pulling stuff from that Muldred system.

Can't be any worse then Benjy

Its funny listening to this big reveal segment from Howard on if he's "going back" to AGT after hearing Howie Mandel's slip in his interview exposing the fact that Howard signed a two year contract from the onset. (to which Howard immediately denies and then fumfers and says he didn't know what he signed .. seriously .. Howard saying he didn't know what he signed in a huge contract with a network .. the same guy who finds loopholes in his contracts with every single employer he has worked for and then eventually tries to sue them to exploit this loophole)

RangersFan

tanned mom, really howard?

facepalm-captain-picard.jpg

jesus christ, the booking for this show has gotten so bad they are booking terrible guest 6 months after they've had their 15 minutes.

Its funny listening to this big reveal segment from Howard on if he's "going back" to AGT after hearing Howie Mandel's slip in his interview exposing the fact that Howard signed a two year contract from the onset. (to which Howard immediately denies and then fumfers and says he didn't know what he signed .. seriously .. Howard saying he didn't know what he signed in a huge contract with a network .. the same guy who finds loopholes in his contracts with every single employer he has worked for and then eventually tries to sue them to exploit this loophole)

It's pretty obvious his whole "I like doing the show but hate everything else about it" and then "I don't know if I want to re-sign" was mostly schtick. He's an attention whore and the chances of him passing up the opportunity to stay in the limelight with AGT was slim to none.

nomster

jesus christ, the booking for this show has gotten so bad they are booking terrible guest 6 months after they've had their 15 minutes.
She was so crazy that I didn't mind. Couldnt stop laughing at her reactions when "Ray Liotta" called

Salmonax

Listening to a segment now of Howard going through the news. This is seriously giving me douche chills. This is embarrasingly bad. These jokes are so obvious and hacky. How long till he asks why they don't make the planes out of the material they use to make the black boxes or what the deal is with bad airline food? I picture Howard reading these in a spotlight in front of a brick wall.

I gave up on the show about a year ago but tuned back in for George (who was awesome), and I noticed these awful, out-of-nowhere jokes that Howard now makes. He doesn't seem to know what he's referring to in many of them, and they make him sound like an idiot.

While George and the interaction surrounding him was predictably fantastic, it was depressing to hear that the show has gone even further downhill. I recently listened to an Artie episode I have from 2005, and the difference is night and day.

I like when Howard does something like announces his return to AGT he says the media is abuzz and his proof is a clip of a news anchor from a local news station in Wala Wala, Washington or something like that.

R2D4

Banned

How many of Howards listeners know who The Game is? That was my most WTF guest of the month. Tan Mom is the kind of crazy bitch Howard should have on his show. Too bad he's a year too late.

RangersFan

I need a fellow Stern fanatics help .. not long ago Tracy Morgan was in and Gary said something that insulted him and Tracy felt Gary was insinuating he's stupid and Tracy said "Mothafucka do I like I drink out of my hands? Do I look like I'm attracted to shiny things?!"

Does anyone remember what set Tracy off?

What about your neighbor?

(Welcome back MDavis!)

I believe its 7/23/12

Just gave 7/23 a listen skimmed through it, and actually I remember the show quite well, listened to it a few times I recall that week, it was the aurora shootings with jason's cousin and shit gate, no Tracy Morgan no guests. Are you sure it's from 2012? I don't recall Tracy Morgan for a while...

Sweet, can't wait to hear about it. BOR does a phenomenal job. And how about the shit show?

And the shit show? Is that back? Haven't heard that in years, Thursdays is Back Office and Jon Hein TV for me, 2 of my faves.

Just gave 7/23 a listen skimmed through it, and actually I remember the show quite well, listened to it a few times I recall that week, it was the aurora shootings with jason's cousin and shit gate, no Tracy Morgan no guests. Are you sure it's from 2012? I don't recall Tracy Morgan for a while...

Ahh I'm sorry, I was looking at marksfriggin wrong. It was listed as the week of 7/23 and on 8/2 they reaired on interview with him from 2007. Hmm I'm not sure when it could've been. It feels like it just happened recently but the most recent interview I'm capable of finding with marksfriggin's shitty search is 2/25/10 at 7:40am.

And the shit show? Is that back? Haven't heard that in years, Thursdays is Back Office and Jon Hein TV for me, 2 of my faves.

Oh haha no - I was referencing Tim there. This is the greatest show on Earth.

RangersFan

Ahh I'm sorry, I was looking at marksfriggin wrong. It was listed as the week of 7/23 and on 8/2 they reaired on interview with him from 2007. Hmm I'm not sure when it could've been. It feels like it just happened recently but the most recent interview I'm capable of finding with marksfriggin's shitty search is 2/25/10 at 7:40am.

Oh haha no - I was referencing Tim there. This is the greatest show on Earth.

that sounds about right, i think i recall tracy's last visit was shortly after benjy crashed the 30 rock set and got kicked out, which i remember being in about 2 years ago.

Just curious - what are they airing today?

pleasesayitsafightweekpleasesayitsafightweekpleasesayitsafightweek :b

It was created by man it can be solved by man.

RangersFan

i'm actually enjoying it, they are cutting it in fast takes and jumping back and forth between related interviews. i usually don't listen to stern specials besides fight week and best of the year.

Listened to the first few minutes of the TV special and it sounds like a nicely produced thing. Not just a handful of interviews thrown one after the other.

edit: Dawg's is so negative I'm wondering if it gets worse. Hard to tell with that crowd. I'm as critical as anyone of the show these days, but if I hated Howard that much I'd probably not hang out on a message board about him.

Grinchy

Banned
^Yeah I rarely go to Dawg's for any real commentary or anything. A lot of the people there seem to be playing it up for fun, but there are those who seriously hate Howard so much that they spend all their time bitching about him on the internet.

SFN is so neutered now, but at least you can almost discuss the show there. Zoo Za Zoo.

Top Bottom