• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

there was no BOR since before xmas, there was supposed to be a show this week but because of CES, Geektime is doing special shows. Since Jason is a part of Geektime he wasn't able to do a show yesterday even though he told Will he would do one via ISDN from Vegas.

Never gets boring hearing Howard whine about how studios don't send him movie screeners. This is the guy who lent his screener of Super 8 to someone and it leaked on th Internet.

Grinchy

Banned
Never gets boring hearing Howard whine about how studios don't send him movie screeners. This is the guy who lent his screener of Super 8 to someone and it leaked on th Internet.

Yeah when he goes on for 10 minutes about how he should be given movies and "What's the harm in giving one to ME?" it makes me laugh. He has already proven he's not trustworthy.

I also wish they'd stop playing the Top 5 songs. That shitty Diamonds song gets stuck in my head, but not the regular and awful version, but instead I hear Robin singing the even more awful "doymands in the skoy" version.

RangersFan

not usually one to defend Howard, but the super 8 screener leak wasn't his fault. iirc they determined the leak happened with whatever parcel service was used to send them back.

Grinchy

Banned
CEG7i.jpg

That's my favorite pic of Pete's gal pal. She sounded kind of annoying on the phone though.

Woah
I thought they had a long-term contract, surely thats not something you leave easily. How weird would it be if Artie went back to Stern.

He should on 1st April and for the first hour they pretend like he never left. Then they talk about his shit for the rest of the show.

RangersFan

was reading the rumors yesterday. as much as I love artie, there is no way he can carry a show on his own. his strong suit was always being 2nd fiddle or just interjecting one liners with his comedic talent. and with all the rumors with him relapsing, and him looking like shit there is no way he'll ever appear on the stern ever again which makes me very sad.

The songs Howard played on Wednesday's show, Pussy good, pussy sweet opera version, has got to one of the worst things I've heard on this show.

Grinchy

Banned
I really liked the Tracy Morgan interview. It had a good balance of Tracy being purposely ridiculous and Tracy showing some of his real side. Usually he's just "on" the whole time.

Riggs

Banned
was reading the rumors yesterday. as much as I love artie, there is no way he can carry a show on his own. his strong suit was always being 2nd fiddle or just interjecting one liners with his comedic talent. and with all the rumors with him relapsing, and him looking like shit there is no way he'll ever appear on the stern ever again which makes me very sad.

Artie is the perfect example of happy endings not always happening in reality. I love him so much though, hope he gets one. Didn't know he was using again, man fuckin Artie I wish he coulda stayed clean and stuck with Dana.

Grinchy

Banned
What are you talking about, it's Dana.

If your trolling then good job I guess

Fucking bigfoot lol

haha it's a joke on the show. When Stern does his impression of Artie, he calls her daner. What, you haven't listened to every second of the show for the past 10 years? WHAT A LOSER

RangersFan

meh show today, no guest (unless you consider jason's drug dealer a guest). hanzi flipping out was the only good part. this show is long overdue a staff event, whether it's a roast, revelation, iq test, impression contest, something. when was the last time they had an event like that? need something to look forward to, gary hasn't booked an a-lister in a while.

edit: and ok, we get it. Tim's new assistant sings opera, we don't need her recording opera bits for every song parody they've ever played.

Is it just me or have the Leno-style monologue jokes stopped? And is it bad that I'm relatively amused with Howard doing the parent voices since the rest of the show is so crap?

And as someone who's been on a paleo style diet for two years, the weight talk on HSS always kills me. The vegan and green drink junk worked so well for Robin and the rest of them fall over about the same gym + egg whites and chicken breast crap. Howard's diet is stupid to me on different levels, but I'm sure when Beth's contract is up he'll go back to eating animals with feet.

Sounded the like the same fake guy who calls in about Howard TV called in today as "Jerry" between the Detroit callers and just praised the shows last week ("they were uhhhh-maaaazing") and mentioned how he keeps replaying stuff with on demand.

RangersFan

Is it just me or have the Leno-style monologue jokes stopped? And is it bad that I'm relatively amused with Howard doing the parent voices since the rest of the show is so crap?

And as someone who's been on a paleo style diet for two years, the weight talk on HSS always kills me. The vegan and green drink junk worked so well for Robin and the rest of them fall over about the same gym + egg whites and chicken breast crap. Howard's diet is stupid to me on different levels, but I'm sure when Beth's contract is up he'll go back to eating animals with feet.

actually howard's diet is the only sensible one (except being pescatarian). it's pretty obvious he has consulted with a lot of nutritionists because the meals he describes are pretty much in line to what they would teach you right down to the serving sizes. robin's bs fad diets are the most harmful ones, don't know why tim is always listening to her, she was fat most of her life she has no business telling everyone how to eat when she has struggled with weight issues most of her life ala oprah.

as for the leno one liners he's been pulling off muldrid i'm sure, he tends to go to them when there is lull's and nothing for him to talk about. and i've always found the stern voices amusing, i love when he does his dad.

actually howard's diet is the only sensible one (except being pescatarian). it's pretty obvious he has consulted with a lot of nutritionists because the meals he describes are pretty much in line to what they would teach you right down to the serving sizes. robin's bs fad diets are the most harmful ones, don't know why tim is always listening to her, she was fat most of her life she has no business telling everyone how to eat when she has struggled with weight issues most of her life ala oprah.

Yeah, that's the stuff that bugs me the most. Now her publisher is publishing dates of when she's doing appearances promoting her book in a few months when she hasn't even been well enough to be in studio for six months.

Howard's pescetarian diet only bothers me in that it's a symbol of Hampton's Howie.

Howard doing his parent's voices always gets me excited for the prospect that they'll be used in a prank call. I always laugh the hardest at those.

I can't warm up! What time is he coming?

There's too much cream in the coffee. It's like a milk drink.

Grinchy

Banned
JB was really great. Like Howard said, he seems to have a philosophy about everything.

If you asked that guy what his favorite color is, he'd turn it into a life lesson.

JB was really great. Like Howard said, he seems to have a philosophy about everything.

If you asked that guy what his favorite color is, he'd turn it into a life lesson.

I like when he said when you're contemplating your life-you are seated across from yourself-and he's having a drink...and smoking a cigar...and fucking.

gdt

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit did anyone hear the wrap up show yesterday?

At one point Jason says how Gary wants to lead and command the back office, and have all of their respect (Jason says Gary has all of that from him), but its not happening when Gary is at work 3 days a week.

Gary replies with thats not for the air.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Made my asshole tighten up.

RangersFan

jason's such a bitch but i understand where he's coming from, his weasaly ways add a lot of content to a show starved fo it. if howard didn't love him so much he would be the office pariah even more so than he already is

jason's such a bitch but i understand where he's coming from, his weasaly ways add a lot of content to a show starved fo it. if howard didn't love him so much he would be the office pariah even more so than he already is

Indeed. I was thinking the other day, the only thing I would really entertain the thought of listening to after Howard leaves is a Jason show. He really is a scummy person though and I'd hate to work with him.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit did anyone hear the wrap up show yesterday?

At one point Jason says how Gary wants to lead and command the back office, and have all of their respect (Jason says Gary has all of that from him), but its not happening when Gary is at work 3 days a week.

Gary replies with thats not for the air.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Made my asshole tighten up.

Whoa! That sounds awesome! Gary in the hot seat!

Yesterday's WUS is my faaaaaavorite. Realest the show has been for a while.

They also mentioned how tense things had been around the office. They're clearly worried about some of the changes going on at Sirius.

Top Bottom