• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Yesterday's WUS is my faaaaaavorite. Realest the show has been for a while.

They also mentioned how tense things had been around the office. They're clearly worried about some of the changes going on at Sirius.

On the back office show today Jason and Will made it sound like Gary is extremely stressed as of late. Something like, he's aged 30 years in 3 months.

I know. I really dislike Jason but I really like this show.

As much of a heel as he is, I think the real reason he's so hated is that he's so damned ugly.

And Howard wants others to follow in his lead of wearing professional attire:
1AA7F094-9983-4AAE-9E6A-9FCEC841F1E5-1953-000000C5BB9C08B7.jpg

Enough Bobo already. This guy is the worst. Crows made him stupid?

I can't lie though, the whole "We're trapped like rats" bit was absolutely hilarious. I love when they go back to that.

And having Romney back on the show was incredible too, who cares if Romney is not relevant? His blatant racism commentary to Obama is really funny I think, and his impression is just dead on.

I can't lie though, the whole "We're trapped like rats" bit was absolutely hilarious. I love when they go back to that.

And having Romney back on the show was incredible too, who cares if Romney is not relevant? His blatant racism commentary to Obama is really funny I think, and his impression is just dead on.

I love the drops that came from that - "Bobos not so stupid" and "Were trapped like rats" but that bit was so contrived. Bobo clearly knew what he was doing.

Speaking of drops, is there anything better than Tim drops?

EDIT: Interesting thread: http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/56169-Subjects-Howard-avoids

Fun Superbowl tidbit that I passed on to JD and Howard on Twitter: KC Armstrong's coach in college was Jack Harbaugh, father of the brothers coaching in the Superbowl. Jim Harbaugh of the 49ers was an assistant for his father while KC was playing.

Fun Superbowl tidbit that I passed on to JD and Howard on Twitter: KC Armstrong's coach in college was Jack Harbaugh, father of the brothers coaching in the Superbowl. Jim Harbaugh of the 49ers was an assistant for his father while KC was playing.

Oh wow. Die hard Niners fan here. All week people are retreading the same stories. Nice to hear a new one, no matter how obscure it is.

I grew up in the Bowling Green area and Jack's pretty much a hero around there for the success he had at WKU.

Also I'm pretty sure I was on a connecting flight from Portland to Denver with Jim back in 2011. I couldn't put a name to the face so I mostly just stared a lot.

the one wackpacker i miss the most is elegant elliot

Yes. Elegant Elliot was my favorite whack packer of all time. Sucks he can't be at Sirius anymore. The fact that he was still pimping a VHS tape in 2008 that could only be purchased in one brick and mortar store shows what a fantastic mindset he had. "You hemophiliac victim!!"

Yes. Elegant Elliot was my favorite whack packer of all time. Sucks he can't be at Sirius anymore. The fact that he was still pimping a VHS tape in 2008 that could only be purchased in one brick and mortar store shows what a fantastic mindset he had. "You hemophiliac victim!!"

the best thing was when Steve Langford was interviewing him in a cab, and then a car came by and took off the cab's door and you just hear Elliott laughing maniacally.

GaryGnu

Banned

In the pantheon of whack packers, Eliot is unrivaled - nobody else is even close, RIIIIIIIGGGHHTTTT!!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8MHqLNb0U

OMG his attack on Robin: "You look like the last shit I took. Shut your mouth, cunt face!"

I apologize because it seems like most of the time I post in this thread I'm complaining about something but its because I love the show so much .. but having said that, I've had enough of the "math" bits and the opera singer. Its not funny, it's not fun.

Mike's sky ranch. Up in the mountains.

I apologize because it seems like most of the time I post in this thread I'm complaining about something but its because I love the show so much .. but having said that, I've had enough of the "math" bits and the opera singer. Its not funny, it's not fun.

Mike's sky ranch. Up in the mountains.

I have to concur with the math bits and the Ted Kennedy thing. The opera thing pretty much sucks EXCEPT for the theme song-I can't help but laugh when she does the part with the distorted voice.

RangersFan

I don't mind the math and kennedy bits because he's been doing them forever, they've been a part of his show for as long as I can remember.

The math is done too much. And the Kennedy is ok in small doses but he goes on and on with it most of the times. The one thing I do enjoy that I realize he does too much too is the parents voices. I usually get a good laugh or two out of that. Plus I'm always holding out hope that Richard and/or Sal are isolating it and cutting it up for phone calls.

What time is he coming?!

The show just feels broken right now. Like a sports team that has made a series of minor personnel decisions over the last five years and now that Howard seems to have recognized that something needs to change he doesn't have the pieces needed to return it to a championship contender.

Robin's likely dying (yet we can't acknowledge it at all, which would be an interesting thing to follow and understand what cancer and cancer treatments do to a person), the "writing" changes they've made have made the show worse, Howard's going to be distracted with AGT soon, they can't or won't book good guests who aren't Don Buchwald clients and we just end up with more manufactured block party talk with Shuli, who's maybe the last person I ever want to hear on my radio.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Robin's likely dying (yet we can't acknowledge it at all, which would be an interesting thing to follow and understand what cancer and cancer treatments do to a person)

Are there any leaks/stories on her somewhere? She's been out for like a year, and although she puts up a good front on the show something is definitely going on and I haven't heard anything.

Are there any leaks/stories on her somewhere? She's been out for like a year, and although she puts up a good front on the show something is definitely going on and I haven't heard anything.

Nothing. She just occasionally mentions things like her doctors forcing her to take a flu shot and things like the BOR stuff where they said doing the show gives her a window to the outside world, that she's sick and to read between the lines.

Flink

Nothing. She just occasionally mentions things like her doctors forcing her to take a flu shot and things like the BOR stuff where they said doing the show gives her a window to the outside world, that she's sick and to read between the lines.

She has some TV appearances planned for March and April. I think she's just healing/resting after a HUGE surgery.Gonna have good and horrible days after something so major.

She has some TV appearances planned for March and April. I think she's just healing/resting after a HUGE surgery.Gonna have good and horrible days after something so major.

It's easier to cancel those publicity things than to never have planned them to begin with. If she's anything less than 100% healthy or doesn't have some miraculous recovery story, a public appearance isn't going to help sell a book about health through diet.

I like Shuli and the Ted Kennedy bits. The math is overplayed, but can be funny. The opera bit is awful though. It's worse than the Howard Stern Musical bit.

Listening to 1/16 - Gary sounds genuinely pissed about Jason eavesdropping and reporting on his meeting with Doug "Bug Eyes" Goodstein. This might be the maddest (is that a word?) I've heard Gary in a while.

Have you heard the WUS yet? It's golden.

Yep. Good stuff. I love these staff conflicts. BTW I noticed Gary has a new move now - instead of fighting he gets really mopey and tries to lay a guilt trip on people. Anywho, now listening to BOR. I'm sure Jason doing this "Gary blazer" game on BOR isn't helping his relationship with Gary.

Oh man-I just listened to this.,..

"That's not a discussion for the air."

Jason's point was true though. I'd have a tough time really respecting a boss when I'm putting in 8+ hours a day for 5 days a week and he/she is showing up 3 days a week and is gone by 1 or 2pm.

Top Bottom