• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

ugh, apparently they've been live the past 2 days (19th and 20th), after having "The Satellite Years" show on Monday. Damn it, I wish they would just stick to a regular schedule so I don't have to check twitter every morning to see if they're live. I usually set my Sonos (boff) to wake me up at 6 am Mon, Tues, Wed, when I believe they're live, but disable the alarm when they aren't so I missed yesterday's and the first hour of today's show. off to wushdishmeen to start yesterday's show.

LordCanti

ugh, apparently they've been live the past 2 days (19th and 20th), after having "The Satellite Years" show on Monday. Damn it, I wish they would just stick to a regular schedule so I don't have to check twitter every morning to see if they're live. I usually set my Sonos (boff) to wake me up at 6 am Mon, Tues, Wed, when I believe they're live, but disable the alarm when they aren't so I missed yesterday's and the first hour of today's show. off to wushdishmeen to start yesterday's show.

It was live the past two days? I guess they just took a long weekend for shits and giggles?

It would be awesome if they had some way of communicating their schedule to the fans. Like...twitter...a website...etc.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
You guys know Monday was a national holiday right? Of course they're going to take the day off. Nothing erratic about their schedule this week.

RangersFan

It was live the past two days? I guess they just took a long weekend for shits and giggles?

It would be awesome if they had some way of communicating their schedule to the fans. Like...twitter...a website...etc.
They announce on twitter like at 5 am when they're live, since their schedule is so erratic. I make a point to listen live, so I have my SONOS (boff) alarm set to H100, no way will I get up an hour earlier to check fucking twitter if the show is live.
You guys know Monday was a national holiday right? Of course they're going to take the day off. Nothing erratic about their schedule this week.
Yes, that is exactly why I was expecting them to take the week off. Especially considering they were off the week before. Judging by the way it's been the past 2 years, who would gamble that Hampton's Howie wouldn't actually show up to do a live show after being on vacation the week prior to a national holiday on a Monday. I will always bet he takes the week off.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, Mark Cuban was a surprisingly awesome guest. I don't really know anything about him but seeing a few clips of his old reality show left me with a sour taste. He seems like a cool dude though. He's just a smart, rich bastard who knows how to enjoy his wealth. I respect that.

Grinchy

Banned
I can't remember who it was who originally pointed out the way they show is doing almost a Leno monologue these days. I never really noticed it until a few days ago. Howard definitely has jokes written for him that he very poorly delivers. It's really obvious that he's only bringing certain things up to crowbar in some bad joke one of the staff members wrote.

And they are almost getting back to the days of writing bits for the show that they record outside of show hours. Things are definitely changing.

I can't remember who it was who originally pointed out the way they show is doing almost a Leno monologue these days. I never really noticed it until a few days ago. Howard definitely has jokes written for him that he very poorly delivers. It's really obvious that he's only bringing certain things up to crowbar in some bad joke one of the staff members wrote.

And they are almost getting back to the days of writing bits for the show that they record outside of show hours. Things are definitely changing.

The lack of a dissenting voice via some fresh in studio blood is hurting the show immensely.

I have listened to those prank calls over and over in the bumpers for years. They're burned into my memory. I think I could do pretty well on Superfan Trivia.

Ditto. Whenever they have those I generally crush whoever is actually playing. I think Gary is the only person that could beat me*. He has an exceptional memory for the inane happenings of the show and remembers a lot about the NBC years which I'm a little fuzzy on.

*Although the story might be different if I were in the studio. I'm sure I'd be a nervous wreck.

Ditto. Whenever they have those I generally crush whoever is actually playing. I think Gary is the only person that could beat me*. He has an exceptional memory for the inane happenings of the show and remembers a lot about the NBC years which I'm a little fuzzy on.

*Although the story might be different if I were in the studio. I'm sure I'd be a nervous wreck.

Yes just imagine sweaty Benjy's beady eyes staring at you, while Howard's dart all around while Tim Sabean is fixing the pillows and Gary comes charging into the studio and says "hey what do you do for a living".

i2WmvTneexdh0.jpg

Top Bottom