• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

gdt

God fucking damn it Joan Rivers. What the fuck did she do for her lifetime pass? She must have pictures of Howard doing some rank shit.

Kuroyume

Banned
Began listening to the show again after 3-4 years. Artie was still on the show when I last listened. Crazy story what happened to him. Shows were pretty enjoyable this week but I really missed him during any moment that JD opened his mouth.

Btw, why was there no new show today? I know he doesnt do Fridays but Thursdays now too? Is it because of this stupid talent show he's on?

Grinchy

Banned
Btw, why was there no new show today? I know he doesnt do Fridays but Thursdays now too? Is it because of this stupid talent show he's on?

jackie17mud3.gif

Enzom21

That is f'ing ridiculous.

I remember when they were on Krock and Stuttering John suggested they only work 4 days a week when Howard re-signs his contract. Well Howard was having none of that. He said he would never do that to the fans.

When they went to Sirius he said they would take a few Fridays off and then that became permanent. I would imagine him doing AGT and the reduced amount of money is the reason for the three days a week.

He has always been deceptive about his schedule. During the Krock days, he would never say when they would be on vacation because he wanted listeners to tune in for best of.

I always hated best of because I like to listen to the show in its entirety so I hated that they would never say when they would be off.

They cut out the Lisa G portion of the State of the Radio Union when she accused Tim (who is trying to repair his marriage) of dating Brandi Glanville out of the replays. Not only that, but on Back Office Radio, anytime someone brought it up, they were cut off immediately. They didn't address it once.

Part of me understands why they would edit the replay. Lisa G basically said she had a source and accused him of dating this woman. After being asked by Howard what the source said, it turns out Lisa G made the whole thing up. So she made an accusation that could ruin Tim's life.

The other part of me recognizes that that was "radio gold" and made the show that much better. Lisa fucked up big time and Tim's reaction was priceless. So yeah, great radio.

Even stranger was when Robin piped in and claimed she knew something about Tim that she would reveal if he didn't get back into the studio.

It was just a bad day for Tim and Lisa G is not long for the Howard Stern world.

Grinchy

Banned
You could really tell that Lisa G got yelled at hardcore. I think Lisa just got a little caught up in trying to be fun on the show. And Tim, being the awkward little shit that he is, responded in such a weird way that it seemed like maybe he really was dating her and trying to keep it a secret.

entremet

Howard only works 3 days at week?! With that contract? LOL. I stopped listening to Howard when he moved to Sirius, but damn that's shitty.

So now everyone will clam up when they hear "Artie Lange", "Brandi Glanville" and "Zoo Za Zoo".

And its about time Lisa G got knocked down a peg. I can't wait til they tear her book apart. If Howard doesn't have the balls to do it I know we can at least count on Jason and Will to do it on Back Office Radio.

Howard only works 3 days at week?! With that contract? LOL. I stopped listening to Howard when he moved to Sirius, but damn that's shitty.

IIRC they paid him less in the new contract so he cut down a day. So to make up for it he does AGT. I stopped listening when Artie left. Now i just watch all his stuff on youtube.

Grinchy

Banned
I wouldn't count on Jason and Will. They hung up on any callers that mention Lisa G and Tim.

Not to mention, it seems like after the first or second time they did their show, Jason was told by one of the executives not to rag on Lisa G (because she went to complain). I think I remember them discussing that on a BOR.

RangersFan

IIRC they paid him less in the new contract so he cut down a day. So to make up for it he does AGT. I stopped listening when Artie left. Now i just watch all his stuff on youtube.
the major obstacle in contract re-negotiations in 2010 was Howard was demanding the 3 day work week at the same pay. and he wonder's why it isn't the same love affair in the building like it was in 2006.
Not to mention, it seems like after the first or second time they did their show, Jason was told by one of the executives not to rag on Lisa G (because she went to complain). I think I remember them discussing that on a BOR.
yes, the first page 69 story they had on BOR was the story about Lisa G inviting a bunch of wives and girlfriends of staff members to a brunch a few years back, and then at the end of it telling them what the each owed when the bill came. lol lisa g really is an oblivious un fun twat.

Grinchy

Banned
Jackie was on Artie's show on Friday. I was kinda hyped for it, but I just listened and it was like 15 minutes. I don't know anything about the structure of Artie's show, but Jackie was rushed off really quickly. It was pretty interesting though. They both talked about how bad they screwed up.

Ha. Just heard Howard interview Donald Trump and it was obvious Howard was eating lunch while Trump was chattering away-you can hear the sound of the paper being all balled up after a along silence from Howard.

xclaw

Ha. Just heard Howard interview Donald Trump and it was obvious Howard was eating lunch while Trump was chattering away-you can hear the sound of the paper being all balled up after a along silence from Howard.

The show has been a joke for a couple years now, it's sinking in for me now with how obvious it is. Not sure what can be done if anything to save it.

LordCanti

I'm watching the video of the newly weird game, and I can't believe Howard is incapable of hosting a game show these days. How hard is it? There was money involved, so I can't believe it would have been intentional. Ronnie and Stephanie very nearly got screwed out of $2,500. Elisa's cards also spent a lot of the game visible to Benjy. Benjy's alarm going off constantly was also.... it was funny how Elisa ruined whatever bit Benjy thought he was doing by telling everyone that it was an alarm and not phonecalls.

Everyone is so checked out these days. In the old days, Gary would have reviewed the tape. No one cares now.

Also...Alex Jones crying and Lisa G screwing Tim over...priceless.

Wow that Tim "State of the Station" segment pre-edit is amazing-Tim shuts down when Lisa G asks that question. And dude-Tim pissing all over the bathroom? What the hell?

RangersFan

With all the speculation about Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno next year, there are rumors that NBC is looking to give Howard Stern Fallon's 12:35 slot. Whether or not it's true, I could see Howard jumping at it, especially if he doesn't renew with Sirius. And now that he's all about TV with AGT, and he's bitching and moaning a lot about waking up to do 6 am show. He always says how good Letterman has it taping all his shows for the week and then having all the time off. It would honestly be weird though considering NBC usually wants to attract a young demographic at that time slot, and Howard will be 60 by then.

With all the speculation about Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno next year, there are rumors that NBC is looking to give Howard Stern Fallon's 12:35 slot. Whether or not it's true, I could see Howard jumping at it, especially if he doesn't renew with Sirius. And now that he's all about TV with AGT, and he's bitching and moaning a lot about waking up to do 6 am show. He always says how good Letterman has it taping all his shows for the week and then having all the time off. It would honestly be weird though considering NBC usually wants to attract a young demographic at that time slot, and Howard will be 60 by then.

Just sounds like a Don Buchwald planted story to me but does anyone think he would be good at this? Even if didnt mail it in like the radio show I just dont think he would translate well to a late night talk show.

LordCanti

From hundreds of millions at Sirius to maybe ten million at NBC? No way. He regularly goofs on the late-late show hosts for having no audience.

Then again...I never would have thought he'd take a job like AGT in a million years, so anything seems to go these days.

He could be good, but he'd have to rewrite the late night talk show formula. Monologue-bits-celebrity interviews-musical guest probably wouldn't work for him. But he's only doing the show 3 days a week now and the reason he said he wanted to do AGT is because he just shows up and judges and doesn't do anything else.

Why would he want the work of a 5 day hosting job, plus all the stuff that goes into starting up a completely new show from scratch? I'd say the rumor has about a 3.5% chance of being true.

Top Bottom