• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

LordCanti

i2WmvTneexdh0.jpg

SCOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

RangersFan

yeah it was announced last week, but gives his thoughts some air time today. couldn't care less about agt news, but it's a weird choice for sure.

the tar in my lungs could fill up a crock pot.

by the way - did you guys see who the third judge is on AGT? Scary Spice.

WGAS, WGAF. She's super hot though.

That show lost me last year. Too much nonsense with Howard trying to steal the show with "get off my stage" and stuff like that, Sharon never gave an opinion, and Howie was just trying to punk the audience. And in the end the most ridiculous acts made it to the finale. The only act that could have (and probably will be anyway) a hit was that light/dinosaur act and maybe the Earth harp thing. I can't believe those dogs won. Seriously who is gonna pay $50+ in Vegas to see that shit. I guess thats what happens when Howard plays the game not to get good talent but votes to block everyone else so Tom Cotter can get through.

Grinchy

Banned
I tried to be a good little Stern fan by watching AGT. I was genuinely interested in seeing Howard on a big network TV show. Then I saw it. I got through 4 or 5 episodes before I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't even fun to watch it in a "this is so bad it's good" way either. It's just truly awful television.

LordCanti

I tried to be a good little Stern fan by watching AGT. I was genuinely interested in seeing Howard on a big network TV show. Then I saw it. I got through 4 or 5 episodes before I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't even fun to watch it in a "this is so bad it's good" way either. It's just truly awful television.

That mirrors my experience. I watched the New York episode hoping to catch a glimpse of Marianne from Brooklyn or the wack pack, but quickly realized that the show was just not very good at all.

Now I hate AGT for how much time it sucks away from the show, how often it is mentioned on the show, etc. It's probably the biggest mistake Howard has made in decades.

I got a douche chill today listening to the Jewel interview when Howard asked if she'd wanna be on AGT and she was like, "uhh ... umm .. yeah .. if I could work it into my schedule". She clearly wanted no part of that.

I got a douche chill today listening to the Jewel interview when Howard asked if she'd wanna be on AGT and she was like, "uhh ... umm .. yeah .. if I could work it into my schedule". She clearly wanted no part of that.

AGT is way above her standards, somehow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At7UvjzqioE

Also, Hanzi is pissed on Twitter as his show was postponed or something:

cant wait for #agt .. so a mime who rubs semen on his dog wins.. while more talented ppl get fucked

Cuz that dog act last year is really making waves.. if this were 10 years ago he would be blasting agt on how its a joke

https://twitter.com/hanzi83

gdt

God damn wtf happened to Ronnie's girlfriend? She looks awful now. She put on weight and aged like 40 years.

02-25-13---Newlyweird-Game---Ronnie-Mund-and-Stephanie-Carney.jpg

gdt

She looks better here yeah but nothing compared to the pic above.

02-25-13---Newlyweird-Game---Stephanie-Carney--Christine-Governale--Elisa-Jordana.jpg

And good fucking god Alissa Jordanna is smoking.

I dunno, Elisa sort of looks like a dude to me. Stephanie really hit the wall.

edit: Listening to today's show they're still playing the Fred version of Silver Nickels and pretending it's not a mess.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm certainly no fashion expert, but as a guy who enjoys looking at women in various clothing, Elisa Jordana sure dresses like shit. Every time she comes in there she has some weird outfit on that makes no sense. Then you factor in how crazy and annoying she is.

I'd take Sal's wife any day, even if I had to beat her til she shit out her bones.

"Richard Simmons wanted to come in to sing his song to the troops today but I had to pass since we're booked up."

What?!!!! Something incredible better be scheduled for this show. And there better not be any time wasted with a Jay Leno monologue. Hell I'd rather Howard pre-empt Robins news so we could hear that.

"Richard Simmons wanted to come in to sing his song to the troops today but I had to pass since we're booked up."

What?!!!! Something incredible better be scheduled for this show. And there better not be any time wasted with a Jay Leno monologue. Hell I'd rather Howard pre-empt Robins news so we could hear that.

I think Gary booked one of the Real Housewives of Las Vegas at the same time as Richard.

LordCanti

Richard Simmons is one of my favorite all time recurring guests, so...yeah...screw Robin's news.

If I thought they could consistently get a decent extra guest every day, I'd say screw her news anyway. Her news is days old by the time it comes up on the show, and their back and forth is off since she's been telecommuting.

RangersFan

Robin's News is what really has suffered with the departure of Artie. Having that third guy interject was key. I would go so far as to say rehire Jackie if you have to, if you don't have it in your budget to bring back a 7 figure guy like Artie bring back Jackie.

LordCanti

Robin's News is what really has suffered with the departure of Artie. Having that third guy interject was key. I would go so far as to say rehire Jackie if you have to, if you don't have it in your budget to bring back a 7 figure guy like Artie bring back Jackie.

Jackie would never take a cent less than Artie was making. It wouldn't be a horrible idea to reintroduce him to the show though. Everyone shitting on him constantly would be entertaining for sure.

RangersFan

Jackie would never take a cent less than Artie was making. It wouldn't be a horrible idea to reintroduce him to the show though. Everyone shitting on him constantly would be entertaining for sure.

He would take whatever they give him now considering he has that shitty Joke Hunt show on 101. Artie was getting several million a year when he was on the show, which is why when Sirius got rid of that portion of the production budget it hurt the show a lot. Even if he was 100% healthy getting Artie back is a pipe dream because it would probably have to come out of Howard's pocket.

R2D4

Banned
The worse part about Robin's news besides the stuttering and stammering through it is that she won't cut it short when Howard clearly wants to end the show. "Any more Robin? hint hint" "Why yes, A study in the...." So annoying. Like anyone gives a fuck if she has more.

LordCanti

He would take whatever they give him now considering he has that shitty Joke Hunt show on 101. Artie was getting several million a year when he was on the show, which is why when Sirius got rid of that portion of the production budget it hurt the show a lot. Even if he was 100% healthy getting Artie back is a pipe dream because it would probably have to come out of Howard's pocket.

In Jackie's mind, taking that job isn't groveling in the same way that accepting his old job back would be. That's my take anyway.

I agree though; Artie will never be back. There's no way to convince Howard, Tim, etc, that he's not one joke away from trying it again. Everyone would be on eggshells, and it would be horrible.

Edit: I'm listening to yesterdays show, and along comes a long story about how Howard's junk smells, and then suddenly...it's a damn commercial for those man wipes. He claims it isn't, but son of a bitch.

RangersFan

this Tim press conference is fucking stupid and terribly unfunny. so this is the content that has come out of that all important meeting to create more content for the show? the dating game the other day was lame, but at least i appreciate the effort to make the show better. this press conference is just stupid, and I love when they shit on Tim.

My friend and I are trying to figure this out - what call does Richard say "You have a mouth on you!"

I think that's the one where he calls the guy and says that he's looking for "Earl" becuase Earl gave him this number to call. He eventually calls back and says "no this is Earl" and the prankee goes bezerk.

So we got Tim Sabean and Joan Rivers over Richard Simmons?

So we got Tim Sabean and Joan Rivers over Richard Simmons?

I was referencing an older episode - so far its had Super Fan Trivia and Joel McHale. I gotta admit I rolled my eyes when they said Joel McHale was a guest but his interview has been really good so far. He seems like a cool guy and has a good attitude. And I'm enjoying him dishing the dirt on Chevy in a surprisingly honest manner. Most d-bag celebrities would be like "ohh no he had his problems every now and then but we all do. He was great!" but Joel is like "Yeah he was pretty crazy and said the n-word a lot."

xclaw

Oh Joan Rivers is on. Neat.

Oh she'll be back in next month too. Super.

I demand more Whitney Stevens and Lisa Lampanelli.

I really hope Tracy Morgan and Jim Breuer make it onto the show soon..

I'm almost ready to cancel Sirius now with the way the monthly rates keep going up and this is the glorious content on H100.

You guys following the Tim Sabean thing? Lisa G's question to Tim today about whether he's dating the real housewife that was on last week and all references to it both during the show and the wrap-up show have been edited out of replays.

RangersFan

You guys following the Tim Sabean thing? Lisa G's question to Tim today about whether he's dating the real housewife that was on last week and all references to it both during the show and the wrap-up show have been edited out of replays.

I think it's nothing, lisa g, the professional that she is asked a question out of the blue with her being the "source" based on absolutely nothing other than a friendly chat in the hallway which apparently Tim does with a lot of guests and in classic tim fashion he overreacted with his response instead of just saying no. normally when they dump audio or edit it out it leads to a lot of speculation, but I dunno with this one.

Top Bottom