• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

He could be good, but he'd have to rewrite the late night talk show formula. Monologue-bits-celebrity interviews-musical guest probably wouldn't work for him. But he's only doing the show 3 days a week now and the reason he said he wanted to do AGT is because he just shows up and judges and doesn't do anything else.

Why would he want the work of a 5 day hosting job, plus all the stuff that goes into starting up a completely new show from scratch? I'd say the rumor has about a 3.5% chance of being true.

You mean zero point zero

Shuli and Gary both having issuez w the show .BOR is superb.

Because Jason (mostly) and Will are telling it how it is - Gary doesn't work enough / hard enough to be respected by the rest of the office and Shuli is a conniving hack who keeps trying to worm his side projects on to the show.

Grinchy

Banned
The only possible way to know how long Jon Hein's TV show is would be to listen to it until it ends. Therefore, no one knows how long it is.

RangersFan

and despite Ralph I like geektime a lot too. GeekTime gets a lot of great guests, Jon Bernthal has been on H101 3 times between JHTV and GT and he's the best fucking guest because he's such a hardcore superfan.

0X0Jnpr.gif

I had a strong suspicion he was a bitch back when he was complaining about cougars at bars. It was confirmed when he started complaining that the sanctity of the Miss America pageant was being tarnished.

I had a strong suspicion he was a bitch back when he was complaining about cougars at bars. It was confirmed when he started complaining that the sanctity of the Miss America pageant was being tarnished.

Same here, hopefully they make fun him on every show. Maybe he will have a meltdown.

LordCanti

I found the original (circa late 80's/early 90's) Howard Stern show videos and I'd just like to say...

Wow...

Gary's teeth really were fucked up. My earliest memory of the Stern show is his E! show and even by then I thought everyone was a bit harsh on him about his teeth. They were bad, but they weren't that bad. It's incredible to see his teeth in their purest, most disgusting form, before modern science did a number on them. Howard did him a favor by goofing on him until he got them fixed.

Listened to a lot of fight week yesterday and something hit me - the callers these days mostly just react to something that already happened and give feedback. But back in the KROCK days there used to be a lot of calls where people would tell stories and sorta create topics that Howard would explore with them. I'm not saying its a bad thing that they got away from that but its just an observation. Also, Howard didn't start having the calls screened until about 1998 or 99. Now that is something I wish would go away so we could hear someone other than sycophants and Bobo, King of all Blacks, Marianne, Tommy from Balden, Mark from Boston, Balls, etc

The only people who listen and call now are diehards. The pool of listeners is much smaller on satellite radio and Howard takes so few calls that only super fans really call in anymore.

So how did the show go today? I'm assuming since its the first show back after his first bit of filming of AGT for the year that it was all AGT talk.

RangersFan

yeah he made really a big deal about not talking about AGT which is what most people actually want. agreed with the 2nd caller, that already was way too much AGT talk lol.

LordCanti

I like how he complains about how his audience hates AGT with a passion, and then acts like it's a punishment to us when he's not talking about it. Please continue this punishment Howard. Continue it forever.

Any time this gif pops up on Dawg's I can't stop watching:
bitchdog.gif

That doesn't look good for her at all does it?

Eh most of the Beth hate is jealousy. She's a model who is married to a super rich guy. So she doesn't need to work anymore. So she spends her time on fluff like appearing on TV shows with dogs. Though if you live in a fantasy world like that and everyone is always complimenting you and you always get what you want, etc. I'm sure your personality suffers as a result. But there are lots of people in the world with shitty personalities.

LOL the body language of the two @ 4:02 in that clip (and the GIF above) is pretty damning. I couldn't catch what Beth says but the woman next to her tries to pet the dog's paws and Beth says something to her, and Beth pulls the dog away and then the woman's body goes completely inward. She looks down, leans in and her arms go right to the side of her body. It's like a parent scolding a naughty child. Or if it were men you'd say Beth was the alpha and the woman was the beta.

Eh most of the Beth hate is jealousy. She's a model who is married to a super rich guy. So she doesn't need to work anymore. So she spends her time on fluff like appearing on TV shows with dogs. Though if you live in a fantasy world like that and everyone is always complimenting you and you always get what you want, etc. I'm sure your personality suffers as a result. But there are lots of people in the world with shitty personalities.

LOL you are joking right? I hate her and it's far from jealousy dude.

LordCanti

LOL the body language of the two @ 4:02 in that clip (and the GIF above) is pretty damning. I couldn't catch what Beth says but the woman next to her tries to pet the dog's paws and Beth says something to her, and Beth pulls the dog away and then the woman's body goes completely inward. She looks down, leans in and her arms go right to the side of her body. It's like a parent scolding a naughty child. Or if it were men you'd say Beth was the alpha and the woman was the beta.

I can just imagine Beth yelling "NEVER TOUCH ME PEASANT!" in her head. The body language of the woman makes it seem way worse than it probably was.

It almost looks like something scripted out of 30 Rock where thats Jenna Krakowski on the left and the person on the right is Rachel Dratch.

Jealous of what? She has to fuck Howard so she deserves every penny.

But despite being told for years how amazing and beautiful she is its just not true. Everything about her just seems fake.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Blurry feet is in style. It's hard to see the awfulness of his photoshop work when the pic is so low quality, though.

RangersFan

sucks for ralph, one less celeb to mooch off of.

but seriously, if the reports are true that it was colon cancer that spread, that's really sad since colon cancer is very treatable if detected early.

I need this analyzed. Come on detective gaf....analyze the audio so we can hear what she says!

That Beth gif/video is quite old—if you could dig up the original SFN/Dawg's threads about it I wouldn't be surprised if someone did that already.

So Sam Simon's cancer is pretty much terminal? Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, that sucks. Is it a coincidence that all of the vegans around the show are dying off from cancer?

Top Bottom