• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I have no clue who Gerard Butler is other than he was one of the people in 300 that wasn't Jimmy McNulty. And now he'll have magical back healing with the help of Dr. John Sarno.

Back Office Radio is so good .. bagging on Brandano and Depace, divorce pool, douche of the week nominees, etc. The only thing that would make this show better is if they could say anything without fear of retribution from Howard.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
BFQqGgaCAAAssLu.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
Any time this gif pops up on Dawg's I can't stop watching:
bitchdog.gif

Wow, was a piece of shit. Guess some people do treat animals better than humans.

Btw, I just discovered recently that Robin isn't in the studio anymore. Things I've learned since I began listening to the show again after being gone for a few years:

- 3 day work week
- Robin on an ISDN line
- Steve Langford left H100 news

Anything major other than that from the past 3 years besides Artie?

They should try to bring back the Whack Pack conclave they did when the last Pope was being picked. The idea was to lock the whack packers in a mic'd/camera'd room until one of them would choose who among them would be the leader.

Wow, was a piece of shit. Guess some people do treat animals better than humans.

Btw, I just discovered recently that Robin isn't in the studio anymore. Things I've learned since I began listening to the show again after being gone for a few years:

- 3 day work week
- Robin on an ISDN line
- Steve Langford left H100 news

Anything major other than that from the past 3 years besides Artie?

Robin has been out since the end of May. They've been keeping it a secret for some reason. Rumors have it she has some kind of intestinal or stomach cancer.

Robin has been out since the end of May. They've been keeping it a secret for some reason. Rumors have it she has some kind of intestinal or stomach cancer.

Well, we know something grapefruit-sized that was preventing her from peeing was removed and that she's been recovering at home since. The weird thing is we went from her nearly talking about the diagnosis and recovery options going into a break and then after she and Howard talked there has been hardly a mention since.

I'm finally listening to my first Back Office Radio-and yes it's great. I am listening to one where within 5 minutes, Gary came running in to defend himself-from the charges that he likes to talk a lot.

The monologue jokes aren't getting any better. It's equal parts lame comedy and Robin stepping on the one-liners because they're so out of left field that she thinks it's a subject Howard actually wants to talk about.

1) Howard starts to make a lame joke about the Hostess stuff by mentioning who bought them, Robin starts talking because that was her first story that he's taken, Howard shoehorns in a joke about their promising not to change it's disgusting flavor or something like that.

2) Howard does his own set up by mentioning Selena Gomez in the spring break movie during the news, Robin responds thinking he wants to talk about it overtop of his shoehorning in a joke about Walt Disney rolling over in his freezer. No one even pretended to laugh.

And those are just the two I remember.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm noticing the Leno jokes all over the place now too. Every now and then I can tell there's a Benjy joke that bombs, but it's usually these weird monologue jokes. Howard just suddenly brings up a random topic that has nothing to do with anything, and then he works against Robin to crowbar the written joke in. Howard might have the worst delivery I've ever heard.

The rumors about him taking over a late night show seem even more ridiculous when you see how terrible he is at telling written jokes.

Van Owen

Banned
Well, we know something grapefruit-sized that was preventing her from peeing was removed and that she's been recovering at home since. The weird thing is we went from her nearly talking about the diagnosis and recovery options going into a break and then after she and Howard talked there has been hardly a mention since.

She still goes to movies and the staff party and stuff...

The monologue jokes aren't getting any better. It's equal parts lame comedy and Robin stepping on the one-liners because they're so out of left field that she thinks it's a subject Howard actually wants to talk about.
I can't really blame Robin though .. for 30 years Howard has been only bringing stuff up to give his genuine opinion on it and not just to work in some shitty joke that sounds like its stolen from Carrot Top's twitter feed. I noticed too that you these jokes start right after the commercial break in which Howard has eaten (usually around 2 hours in). You can tell because you can hear Howard still smacking his lips.

Fuck man, did BOR really get cancelled?

I looked forward to BOR more than the Stern show itself ;/
Wha? Why do you say that? I pray that's not true. Its the best show on the channel. Even better than the regular show most of the time. And I have a feeling its the second most listened to show on 100 and 101 behind the Stern show.

This is the only thing I can find on the subject ...

http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/62823-Back-Office-Radio-CANCELLED

And I can't make heads or tales of what it means but according to Jason's twitter the BOR crew is eating dinner with Tim Sabean right now and "drinking their troubles away".

Saw this in the thread - "Apparently, Mariann from Brooklyn tweeted something about BOR being cancelled but she removed the tweet. Anyone know how to find out what she said?"

This is the only thing I can find on the subject ...

http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/62823-Back-Office-Radio-CANCELLED

And I can't make heads or tales of what it means but according to Jason's twitter the BOR crew is eating dinner with Tim Sabean right now and "drinking their troubles away".

Saw this in the thread - "Apparently, Mariann from Brooklyn tweeted something about BOR being cancelled but she removed the tweet. Anyone know how to find out what she said?"

Yea, I'm just going off what I've seen circulating on the webs. Hard to tell but if so I think that's the nail in the coffin for me.

Yea, I'm just going off what I've seen circulating on the webs. Hard to tell but if so I think that's the nail in the coffin for me.

It sucks when they work three days a week and take countless vacations. Pull one of the better shows we have to listen to on Thursday and Friday. I hope the fans give them hell.

Grinchy

Banned
Let's say it wasn't canceled. What other change to the show could have them in a situation where they'd say they were drinking their troubles away while not answering any questions being asked? I can't come up with one.

RIP in peace BOR Office Radio

The biggest ways I've been disappointed since Sirius:

The show goes from 5 days to 4 days a week
The Friday Show with Jon Hein and Gary is cancelled because "fans didn't want it"
It becomes apparent that 101 will be dedicated to Bubba and only one hour of original programming .. on sporadic days .. at sporadic times
Commercials are added to the Stern show (an exceptional amount)
The show goes from 4 days to 3 days a week
Artie's chair goes unfilled
BOR is cancelled

EDIT: Wanted to add - Howard now doing Jay Leno monologues. :/

The biggest ways I've been disappointed since Sirius:

The show goes from 5 days to 4 days a week
The Friday Show with Jon Hein and Gary is cancelled because "fans didn't want it"
It becomes apparent that 101 will be dedicated to Bubba and only one hour of original programming .. on sporadic days .. at sporadic times
Commercials are added to the Stern show (an exceptional amount)
The show goes from 4 days to 3 days a week
Artie's chair goes unfilled
BOR is cancelled

EDIT: Wanted to add - Howard now doing Jay Leno monologues. :/

There are so many programs and initiatives going on around these channels.

So what's the real reason that Richard and Sal always prank little known radio stations and TV shows but no one big or famous (Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Alex Jones, etc)? Is it because they can get the permission to air the calls from the little stations but not the big ones? Or they can't get on the air on the big stations b/c of too many callers and the call screening?

So what's the real reason that Richard and Sal always prank little known radio stations and TV shows but no one big or famous (Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Alex Jones, etc)? Is it because they can get the permission to air the calls from the little stations but not the big ones? Or they can't get on the air on the big stations b/c of too many callers and the call screening?

I honestly think it's because they are gauranteed to get on the air in the smaller shows. They did prank G. Gordon Liddy one time. Crackhead Bob had escaped from Al Queida and wanted to say hello to Mr. Liddy.

"Dis it due. Dat do. Dunce Dood Dup Dike Danta Caus. And Dew Up Dume Air."

"I think you asked me -is it true I once stood up somewhere?"

Dung die doop! I'm hungwy! I am. Ahh ya duckin me now. Ya duckin me!

Tradio is easily accessible, takes a high volume of callers, and multiple iterations of it air all over the country so its easy for Richard and Sal to get on. They also explained that once the call goes over the air they have the rights to play it on the Stern show without having to get permission.

I just started listening to BOR, Jon Hein's TV Show and Geek Time. Why do they insist on running music the entire show when everyone is talking. It's so fucking annoying.

Screening. The reason they prank radio is they don't have to get permission, as they're recording the same thing that goes over the public airwaves. I'm curious how they go about getting clearance on regular pranks, as it seems like a big risk that someone wouldn't allow it.

They prank a few stations where I grew up all of the time. They read an obit for Ronnie Mund a year or so back where it said he liked to ride his convertible Corvette around topless. I emailed my buddy that owns the stations when I heard it in a bumper a few months ago and he sort of laughed, said they call constantly, and removed the obit from the website (I heard my hometown in the obit read and found the posting pretty easily).

Top Bottom