• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

You must not be very observant, then. He's been playing the harp for over 30 years! Ever since he was 300 pounds.

Oh right-when he was at Princeton.

Man-Howard is 59 years old. It's so hard for me to comprehend that. I remember when I was a kid and my grandmother died at 55-she looked like a mess and was old. Howard at least still seems somewhat with it.

Grinchy

Banned
Howard makes my 63 year old dad look like he's 75.

Say what you will about his surgeries, his jet-black wig, and the piano keys in his mouth, the guy looks pretty spry.

Listening to the 3/11 show. Is he for real? He's 'punishing' his audience by not talking about AGT? And what a coincidence! The first four phone calls he picks up on are people begging to hear about it. I also think its funny he goes on and on for nearly half hour about how he's NOT going to talk about AGT and then talks about with a caller how he's now the lead judge .. and then he plays clips of news people from podunk NBC stations talking about AGT.

Listening to the 3/11 show. Is he for real? He's 'punishing' his audience by not talking about AGT? And what a coincidence! The first four phone calls he picks up on are people begging to hear about it. I also think its funny he goes on and on for nearly half hour about how he's NOT going to talk about AGT and then talks about with a caller how he's now the lead judge .. and then he plays clips of news people from podunk NBC stations talking about AGT.

My eyes are still rolling over this. He honestly thought we would be begging to hear about it.

Mostly true, except for the Michael Kearns news segment. First time the show has felt a little dangerous and fun in a while. I mean, dude outed Barry Manilow and even mentioned someone else who jumps on couches.

That and when he was talking about stuffing Johnny Carson, but 2 small fractions of a huge pile of shit.

LordCanti

Was there no guest on Tuesday's show? I kept waiting for one, but now I'm hearing the wrap up show...

I'm not sure if Ta Ta Toothy couldn't book one, or if my player glitched out and skipped that segment.

R2D4

Banned
Was there no guest on Tuesday's show? I kept waiting for one, but now I'm hearing the wrap up show...

I'm not sure if Ta Ta Toothy couldn't book one, or if my player glitched out and skipped that segment.

Probably forgot to ask Don Buchwald what client was available.

LordCanti

Thanks undercover. Guess its pretty hard to schedule around a three day work schedule.

That would mean Howard has to work a Thursday and we all know that he's not up for that anymore.

I can't believe they only did two days and Gary couldn't find a guest for one of them. Instead of a guest, we got to hear Howard make a whack-it-bracket out of women he'd mostly never heard of.

That would mean Howard has to work a Thursday and we all know that he's not up for that anymore.

I can't believe they only did two days and Gary couldn't find a guest for one of them. Instead of a guest, we got to hear Howard make a whack-it-bracket out of women he'd mostly never heard of.

Gary has to prepare for his Fallon appearance coming up.

Uh who's this Robin? Anzhuleyena Joelay?

Grinchy

Banned
Instead of a guest, we got to hear Howard make a whack-it-bracket out of women he'd mostly never heard of.

That was such an awful bit.

I loved the game they played earlier though. The one where Howard and Robin didn't know anyone who worked at Sirius.

Grinchy

Banned
I wonder if this is Howard's way of getting back at Sirius? By saying "Hey, if you charge me to fix phones and doors then I will make that money up by not having to pay for a few of our shows."

According to Superfan Roundtable, both BOR and Jon Hein's TV show are on hiatus.

Howard said that this week. Claims he needed them working on his show instead. I'm guessing his meeting with the new owner took some of the heat off that originally got them to justify all of the people working on Thursday/Friday by giving them shows. He seems to have stayed positive with the new ownership so far, though we know that will change in time.

The problem is BOR is one of the better things on the channels (and Jon Hein seemed to get better guests than Howard half the time).

Geektime should be ok since that's Ralph's thing.

Grinchy

Banned
The Varvatos interview was not necessarily good, but there were at least moments I found interesting. I think I always find it interesting when very wealthy people talk about how they got where they are. Hearing about deals made along the way, how much things sold for, ect...that kinda stuff interests me for some superficial reason. I hope he's never on again, though.

Anyone else listen to yesterday's This Date in Howard History? I am like 3/4 of the way through and it has been really good.

RangersFan

wow fa fa flooey actually booking an A-lister today in James Franco. looking forward to it, don't think he's ever been on before. howie will probably be all over him because of spidey.

RangersFan

hahaha rachel butera and jay tesoro in studio YES!

edit: holy shit a butera tesoro H101 show, lol...bring back BOR, and JHTV, and along with geektime and liberman live at 5 and a possible impersonation show in the works and I might not feel as ripped off with my subscription like i have the last few years.

Top Bottom