• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I think Tesoro is legitimately funny and am curious what his actual personality is like (and if he has to use an impersonation as a crutch). Not sure if that comes out today, as I haven't listened. Butera does annoying imitations and also seems to have no material to back them up.

Just listened to the final (please don't be true) Back Office Radio and it was incredible. A half hour or more fight amongst Jason, Will, and Steve Brandano. Clearly Howard's only motive for getting rid of Back Office Radio is jealousy. It has to gall him that two of his lackeys that were interns just years ago, whose salaries cost as much as a few of his John Varvatos outfits, can produce a show that's more exciting than his show. He had to know how popular it was.

I can't get enough of fake Rosie O'Donnell talking about how hot Beth is. It's almost as entertaining as when Bobo does it.

Hey Howud how's it going? LISTEN, I want to thank Howard TV for showing the beautiful Beth O last night. That special was amazing and she looked incredible. Oh man.

Bobo is not so stupid.

EDIT: Whaaaaaa? This past year is the first time JD has earned enough to have to pay taxes? One of the key members of the Stern show was earning .. what .. < $25k?

Grinchy

Banned
I am a few hours into Monday's show and it has been really good. James Franco has been way more interesting than I thought he'd be. I really knew nothing about the guy before this interview.

The thought of him flying out to go to class in his disheveled tux after hosting the Oscars is the funniest image.

RangersFan

Another borefest today so far 3 hours in. So glad he's pulling other shows off his channels so "they could focus on the main show". More like he's pulling off shows more entertaining than his own show.

RangersFan

something to do with Beth O, they were like best gal pals or something and Amanda stole her bf supposedly. that's one of the rumors.

James Franco interview was great. The gay guy interview was disgusting but I couldn't stop listening. Great shows this week. They need to do more "man on the street" interviews from Sal & Richard. Those make me laugh my ass off.

Bobo is not so stupid.

EDIT: Whaaaaaa? This past year is the first time JD has earned enough to have to pay taxes? One of the key members of the Stern show was earning .. what .. < $25k?

I took it to mean that JD always got a refund in the past but now because of the Block Party he actually had to pay in due to earning extra cash that probably wasn't being taxed when he got paid.

Same thing happens to me. My day job pays me $55k+ a year and I get a refund, but I have freelance work that I do that pays me more and I end up having to pay taxes each year.

I'm sure JD is making way more than $25k per year.

Grinchy

Banned
I took it to mean that JD always got a refund in the past but now because of the Block Party he actually had to pay in due to earning extra cash that probably wasn't being taxed when he got paid.

Same thing happens to me. My day job pays me $55k+ a year and I get a refund, but I have freelance work that I do that pays me more and I end up having to pay taxes each year.

Oh, I bet you are totally right. You know damn well that Shuli is just cutting checks for everyone for those shows. There's probably no payroll company doing it for him who would take the taxes out automatically.

JD probably got to the end of the year and realized that he has to actually pay income taxes on all his income.

Just heard the segment where Howard explained why BOR was cancelled temporarily. It definitely comes across to me as "If you're gonna charge me for a door then I'll take away all the programming except for what I'm contracted to do".

They need to do more "man on the street" interviews from Sal & Richard. Those make me laugh my ass off.
I'm generally ambivalent towards them but the ones about Gary/John and vinyl had me laughing out loud. "Man that dude look weird so he must BE weird!"

Ahh ok that makes sense. I hope you're right because JD deserves way more than $25k a year for what he does on that show.

Another borefest today so far 3 hours in. So glad he's pulling other shows off his channels so "they could focus on the main show". More like he's pulling off shows more entertaining than his own show.

You weren't kidding. I feel like I've been ripping on the show all week (besides Franco's interview) but today was almost insufferable. I'm usually a fan of no guest days but today was terrible. When he kept playing ZZ Top songs I almost turned it off. He started the show off saying it was going to be a busy one
o_O

Enzom21

What the hell is this from?!
24pb9yr.gif

345h109.gif

It looks like something Howard would have goofed on years ago.

R2D4

Banned
Today show was worth it for Howards reaction when Robin used her first news story to plug her friends new album.

Today show was worth it for Howards reaction when Robin used her first news story to plug her friends new album.

I remember Howard got pretty salty two or three years ago when Robin kept starting the news with plugs for the 15 Foundation and that Evan guy. Which btw - I haven't heard anything about it but it seems to be a known story on dawgsaloon that that guy scammed her, dumped her, and reported her to the IRS. Has anyone else heard that or read anything like that?

I remember Howard got pretty salty two or three years ago when Robin kept starting the news with plugs for the 15 Foundation and that Evan guy. Which btw - I haven't heard anything about it but it seems to be a known story on dawgsaloon that that guy scammed her, dumped her, and reported her to the IRS. Has anyone else heard that or read anything like that?

WOW-now let's talk about that! Now that would be good radio!

Those same people think the cancer stuff was fake and she's been under house arrest for the past year, so I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in to any of this.

R2D4

Banned
Dawgsaloon is a cesspool. They yearn for 1980 and 90's Howard and dismiss anything that is new. Except Artie of course. They love him. Many posts are prefaced with "I don't listen to the show anymore but...."

They hate Howard and Robin and everything else. Except maybe Fred or Artie. The whole group of them were banned from Sternfannetwork so they decided to start their own forum where they could hate the show.

Well to be fair its hard not to at least dislike them at this point. They just go too far but I don't think its about being banned from SFN because everyone bailed on that place.

Listening to the "How well do you know the staffers?" game. Its good already with this dude being majorly involved with Robin's life and her book and she not only doesnt know his name but clearly doesn't even remember seeing him before.

Grinchy

Banned
You guys didn't like Tuesday's show? I don't remember his name, but the gay guy who is fooling himself into believing that the devil got inside him and made him do gay stuff was fascinating. Awesome interview.

James Franco-greatest guest ever. What an awesome dude.

He was a good guest, but nowhere close to greatest ever. I couldn't even begin to rank guests in any order, but Rich Cronin stands out as one of my favorites as far as a good interview. I'd have to think on others, but I go back and listen to Brad Garrett every now and then too just because he was so combative and nailed Artie on lying about having gone to see a shrink.

Top Bottom