• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Beth is going to be in studio tomorrow to promote her new shit tv show which sounds like Gary and Jon's show just with dogs and cats instead of pieces of vinyl.

Beth is going to be in studio tomorrow to promote her new shit tv show which sounds like Gary and Jon's show just with dogs and cats instead of pieces of vinyl.

John Varvatos, Beth, what stellar guests!

Could you imagine telling the Howard Stern of 1993 that in 20 years he'd be having on a fashion designer that makes his clothes and his wife to talk about a pet show that almost nobody in America will watch?

Enzom21

Could you imagine telling the Howard Stern of 1993 that in 20 years he'd be having on a fashion designer that makes his clothes and his wife to talk about a pet show that almost nobody in America will watch?

He would have shit on Sirius just like he shit on celebrities that were doing similar things back then.

This new "evolved" Howard is the worst. I keep hoping he becomes the "unevolved" Stern again, but I see now that he actually believes he is doing a great show.

His delusion is so complete that he thinks not talking about fucking AGT is some kind of punishment.

There was a time when they first started at Sirius when Howard would play the same Sal and Richard bit at least three times a day and it really drag the quality of the show down. He eventually stopped constantly playing their bits and got into a groove where the show was great. Now it is back to being shit and I hope he figures it out before it's too late.

I really think he needs a third voice on the show again.

Grinchy

Banned

I always wanted to watch that Mom Caves show because of the viewing threads at Dawgs. I just didn't have the channel. The only good thing about Beth's terrible shows is cracking open a couple beers and laughing at them with random people on the internet.

dem

Howard's been on the decline for years. I'm a huge fan of the glory years.. but I havent listened in months. I just listen to podcasts now instead.

Guys like Jackie, John, and Artie helped keep the show in touch with reality. At this point Howard is so insulated he's become Don Imus.

His model wife on the show pushing random garbage. Isn't this exactly what he made fun of Imus for?
Old and out of touch. It happens to everyone, I guess.

I've been listening to the October 1994 shows like you suggested and I can't believe how much more entertaining it is. Just the Gary puppet alone is funnier than anything on the show during these past few years. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's amazing what difference just a few years makes. Listening to the staff picks I sort of realized how many (or most?) of the best segments of the show wouldn't even be allowed to happen anymore.

I'm a crazed libertarian who thinks people ought to be able to commit any atrocities they wish as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights, but all of the "un-evolved" humor still makes me giggle.

My new favorite thing on the Stern show is Ronnie reading passages from classic novels. I laugh every time I hear it. "It was the .. best? Best of time .. times. It was worst .. the worst .. of times. We ... were ... in heaven. We .. we were ... in ... hell."

Approaches the podiums. Steps to mah lefts.

LordCanti

My new favorite thing is Robin doing absolutely no prep work for the show. Ronnie's on Cougar Town? "Ohhh I forgot that was onnn!". Jon and Gary are on VH1? "I missed it!". She's got a DVR and a host of assistants that could make sure she never missed anything if she really wanted them to. She just doesn't want to watch it, even though it would be good for the show if she could talk about it with Howard.

Howard always says that Artie's salary got chopped from the budget. I think I have the solution; cut Robin's pay in half and use the left over half to hire any five comics in the world.

I've fallen way behind. Haven't listened to the show since November.

WTF is going on with Robin? I found this lol-worthy edit made to Wikipedia that got me thinking.

Quivers announced in May 2012 that she needed to have surgery to remove a tumor.[15] Shortly afterwards, Robin continued to provide commentary for the show from her New York home via an ISDN line. It has currently been released that the reason for her absence from the studio was brought upon by interaction with Wack Packer Chevon which inspired her to undergo a sex change surgery on her own. Off the show Robin now goes by the name Freddy, who has a grown a great mustache. Corrective Penial Creation Modification implementation surgery is scheduled for August 2013. Staff is unsure if she will ever return and if so will she/he will be Freddy or if she will remain our beloved Robin.

Riggs

Banned
Hey all, finally unbanned. On the march 13th episode at the moment. Robin aka Freddy, that would be fucking amazing.

Grinchy

Banned
Listen, yeah, no, I think I'm in the minority on this, what do I do for a living, but I actually liked the Mark Walberg and Amy Schumer interviews.

Hi Gene! Anything new for you? I was recently at an onsen. People were sitting in boiling hot water. They looked like red. lobsters. Hahaha!

lol - "I've got 2 years left at Sirius and I'll give them my best but I promise you, after that I'm gonna start my own company."

Rrrrrrrrrrright. I'd like to know how Howard hopes to compete with Sirius when he's only doing three shows a week for 42 weeks in the year and he's coasting during those 126 episodes.

BTW - how long until the happy AGT facade starts to crack? Every single place Howard works for becomes the enemy and he sues them.

I wonder if these callers vehemently on Howard's side against Sirius are plants or just sycophants?

The hits keep coming "The only reason the judges went against me is because they dont like the idea of me making too much money." Yeah I'm sure a judge who deals with corporate law are really against people making too much money.

lol - "I've got 2 years left at Sirius and I'll give them my best but I promise you, after that I'm gonna start my own company."

Rrrrrrrrrrright. I'd like to know how Howard hopes to compete with Sirius when he's only doing three shows a week for 42 weeks in the year and he's coasting during those 126 episodes.

BTW - how long until the happy AGT facade starts to crack? Every single place Howard works for becomes the enemy and he sues them.

I wonder if these callers vehemently on Howard's side against Sirius are plants or just sycophants?

Howard has 20 million listeners so I'm sure he will do fine

Grinchy

Banned
No, Howard has 20 million subscribers. Each of those radios has at least 3 people listening in, so it's more like 60 million listeners.

Also that doesn't account for people who listen without subscribing. Therefore, he has about 400 billion listeners. If they each pay $1 per month for the new business, Howard would be the world's richest man.

No, Howard has 20 million subscribers. Each of those radios has at least 3 people listening in, so it's more like 60 million listeners.

Also that doesn't account for people who listen without subscribing. Therefore, he has about 400 billion listeners. If they each pay $1 per month for the new business, Howard would be the world's richest man.

10/10

I'm guessing the numbers for people who listen to H100 when the show is live is probably about 800k. And I think I might be generous.

I remember seeing ratings a few years back and it was 500k. That might have been before the merger but also before the massive decline in quality of the show.

Grinchy

Banned
So Howard hired a new back office boss and had his site improved. It seems odd considering he seems so ready to leave Sirius in 2 years. Maybe he really does plan to keep doing radio once this is over (whether it's on Sirius or not).

Yeah, they seem to be staffing up. Interesting that she's from the David Allen Company. Seems a bit young and inexperienced to be a COO, but must be impressive.

By the way, the celebrity superfan roundtable was great. I'm going back and listening to old ones now I enjoyed it so much. They talked to much AGT shit and it made me feel good to know that everyone hates the fast, jarring editing style they employ (the same type I've seen on clips of X Factor in the UK as well, so I guess it's a Simon thing).

Seeing this thread pop up once in a while depresses me. I used to listen to this dude every damn day since i was 13 (25 now). But now it's been almost 3 years since I've listened to a whole episode. :/

Now i watch/listen to the show on youtube and holy shit is that studio a ghost town. lol

1. why the hell is everyone wearing blazers? Jason looks so fucking creepy.
2. has there been any good fights/scandals? Real or fake Shitgate was hilarious.

xclaw

So Howard hired a new back office boss and had his site improved. It seems odd considering he seems so ready to leave Sirius in 2 years. Maybe he really does plan to keep doing radio once this is over (whether it's on Sirius or not).

Where can we read more about this new boss?

RangersFan

I'm actually surprised by the amount of work they put in. They edited every single rundown dating back to July 1, 2004. It's coming up on a year that Robin's been out of studio. Never been the biggest fan of her, but I'm hoping she recovers and makes it back to the studio. Her absence has clearly affected Howard and the casual repartee atmosphere the show once had. I hope a return would rejuvenate Howard and the show.

Carolla did a good interview with Tyson for the B.S. Report a while back, bu there were no questions about the thickness of his cock, as best I remember.

Top Bottom