• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

theme song contest, see now this is entertaining. no matter how small, I always look forward to their "events" nowadays. breaks up the monotony of howard/robin banter. missing that 3rd person since artie left, the banter aspect of the show sucks with howard just bouncing things off robin, where as years ago that was my favorite aspect of the show. especially now with howard having the back office people come in less and less lately. since howard is so sick of everyone being personalities except for him.

Good lord-I just started yesterday's show-within 15 minutes he's already ranting about how Matt Lauer is being treated unfairly-and then he starts saying it's horrible that Gwyneth Paltrow is getting flack from people that don't think she's the Most Beautiful Woman in the World.

What happened???????

theme song contest, see now this is entertaining. no matter how small, I always look forward to their "events" nowadays. breaks up the monotony of howard/robin banter. missing that 3rd person since artie left, the banter aspect of the show sucks with howard just bouncing things off robin, where as years ago that was my favorite aspect of the show. especially now with howard having the back office people come in less and less lately. since howard is so sick of everyone being personalities except for him.

Yup, the best show moments lately come when you hear voices other than Howard and Robin.

Also, is it me or is Robin laughing like a maniac this week? More than she usually does at least.

Grinchy

Banned
Also, is it me or is Robin laughing like a maniac this week? More than she usually does at least.

I only just got up to the Tyson interview so far, but I feel like Robin has these weird waves where sometimes she spends a few days in a row laughing like a crazy person. It has happened a lot in the last few months.

I want to rag on her, but I'm worried that she's on a ton of meds for her cancer.

I only just got up to the Tyson interview so far, but I feel like Robin has these weird waves where sometimes she spends a few days in a row laughing like a crazy person. It has happened a lot in the last few months.

I want to rag on her, but I'm worried that she's on a ton of meds for her cancer.

Ya, she probably is all doped up. I wish they'd just fill us in with what's going on. It's been a year.

Good lord-I just started yesterday's show-within 15 minutes he's already ranting about how Matt Lauer is being treated unfairly-and then he starts saying it's horrible that Gwyneth Paltrow is getting flack from people that don't think she's the Most Beautiful Woman in the World.

What happened???????

If Howard were to do anything but suck up to celebrities it might hurt Beth's social life. Our only hope for irrational hatred is now people who she's feuding with, so instead he'll spend a few hours ranting about Amanda Peet.

Grinchy

Banned
They are keeping it a secret for some reason. But Howard visits her at her apartment so you know it's gotta be bad.

xclaw

They are keeping it a secret for some reason. But Howard visits her at her apartment so you know it's gotta be bad.

Probably colon caffeine cancer.

It's ridiculous that they don't even talk about it. So many stupid double standards these years.

cacophony

Tyson interview was hilarious. He seems like a happy guy now.
"I don't deserve her. I deserve a hooker with full-blowed AIDs"

Dr. Drew interview was annoying because Robin wouldn't shut the hell up about her dislike for him. He sounded so worried for Richard lol

Richard's gotten so skinny I get the feeling his drinking is overblown, but I'll wait until I've heard the Dr. Drew segment.

Just finishing Tyson now, only issue is I haven't really heard anything groundbreaking that I haven't heard elsewhere. It's a good interview, but I've dozed off a few times. Best part so far is at the end when he's talking about Howard dating Robin Givens.

Her way of getting into an interview now is just to yell on top of them. That's the main reason I want her back in the studio (well, on top of maybe finally giving us an explanation for whatever's been going on).

Imagine someone going on the radio each week and explaining what your body goes through when you're getting treatments from cancer. If that's what's going on with her (and we have to assume it is), her legacy could have been humanizing this stuff for those of us who haven't yet had the horror of experiencing it up close. Getting a brain dump a year+ after the fact isn't the same and I think that really honest radio would have made the last year a compelling thing for lots of people.

Her way of getting into an interview now is just to yell on top of them. That's the main reason I want her back in the studio (well, on top of maybe finally giving us an explanation for whatever's been going on).

Imagine someone going on the radio each week and explaining what your body goes through when you're getting treatments from cancer. If that's what's going on with her (and we have to assume it is), her legacy could have been humanizing this stuff for those of us who haven't yet had the horror of experiencing it up close. Getting a brain dump a year+ after the fact isn't the same and I think that really honest radio would have made the last year a compelling thing for lots of people.

No she will just put out her book and pretend eating carrots saved her life.

Grinchy

Banned
No she will just put out her book and pretend eating carrots saved her life.

I keep wondering how the book release is going to go. She has already canceled her scheduled appearances to promote the thing. Is the publisher still going to go through with printing it? Is she re-scheduling her appearances? Or, does she even want to put out a book about how vegetables saved her life while she is dying?

It's all fascinating. I wish there was an outlet where she could discuss it.

Camp Lo

Banned
Is there anyone that's a better interviewer than Stern? I just heard his Tyson interview and holy crap, Stern is top tier.

Easily can be in the best of 2013 interviews.

White Man

I liked all the interviews this week. Actually, I liked this week, period. Only annoying thing was that Robin seemed bonus obnoxious.

Howard needs an intervention

i4zNAtj.jpg

Ha have calls like that been getting through recently?

I love when the caller initially has a compliment or something about AGT (since that's the only way to get through) and then starts hitting him with criticisms.

Grinchy

Banned
There was that guy who called in recently who was really nice and was on the line for a while and the second he asked about BOR, Howard shut him down and got pissed off. I still don't even understand it. Howard claimed that when BOR was on, everyone wanted it off and now that it's off, people complain and want it back on. That is the dumbest thing ever b/c no one wanted it off when it was on. He even read all the positive feedback about it on the air at the time...

I still wonder what really went down there. Was it just that these guys were being paid the $400 standard to do the show? Was it that the back office information was getting too sensitive? I really have no idea.

gdt

I love how the Benjy vortex is a real definable thing. You don't even realize you're in one until its too late.

Man how annoying was it listening to Howard complain about Game of Thrones....

"LISTEN TO THIS-YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF IT!"

Robin: I understand it just fine....

Me: Uh...so do I?

gdt

Man how annoying was it listening to Howard complain about Game of Thrones....

"LISTEN TO THIS-YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF IT!"

Robin: I understand it just fine....

Me: Uh...so do I?

I mean, he has a bit of a point. I understood it, but I was definitely listening intently. It was a little mumbly.

RangersFan

lol I was exactly the same. I couldn't understand him during the tub scene and had to turn on CC, I agreed with Howard there. I didn't agree with him today as I was able to understand Jamie last night.

Grinchy

Banned
The Ross the Intern interview wasn't bad but this street performer competition has not been doing it for me at all.

Top Bottom