• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

The Ross the Intern interview wasn't bad but this street performer competition has not been doing it for me at all.

both shows were boring this week. even natalie maines who's always a good guest was same old same old. though her performance was really good.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I just wanted to point out that since the last Back Office Radio - which was cancelled because theres 'too much going on and he needs the guys to work on the main show' - that there's been 19 episodes of the main show and 46 work days. That leaves 27 days that the guys had the office to themselves. What exactly is going on during that time that precludes them from working on a show that airs two hours a week?

And BTW - does anyone here have HowardTV? I'm wondering what exactly they're showing since the show has been airing about twice a week lately .. if we're lucky.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe they are at the office working around the clock to come up with reasons why they are supposedly busy. Did you ever think of that?

On a more serious note, and I'm just pulling this out of my ass, but maybe everyone was forced to work on the web site revamp. I know nothing about it but I thought someone said lots of things were re-written and maybe a lot of man hours have gone into it.

Wow he has Ted the Janitor and Hillbilly Jack in there. That Hillbilly Jack guy went nowhere as a whack packer. I think he came on one time (and it was just a phone call if I remember correctly) after he won that contest.

Wow he has Ted the Janitor and Hillbilly Jack in there. That Hillbilly Jack guy went nowhere as a whack packer. I think he came on one time (and it was just a phone call if I remember correctly) after he won that contest.

Yeah, actually Howard just talked about that on Wednesday's show when a caller asked. He made the point that a wack packer needs to stay engaged with the show to remain relevant. It seemed like a good point

RangersFan

all the wack packers in that contest sucked, especially hill billy jack. glad we haven't heard from him since. we need elliot offen and crazy alice back, though without artie it wouldn't be as fun :(

RangersFan

sounds like they renovated the green room. wonder what they did with the david choe fish spray paint. should be interesting show today Kimmel, JJ Abrams, and Rod Stewart.

I'm an hour in and so far today seems like it's going to be a good show if you like guests with Kimmel the first hour and then JJ Abrams and Rod Stewart.

But I'd give it all for Tan Mom to sit in all day tomorrow. Starting the push now for Tan Mom chair.

Grinchy

Banned
sounds like they renovated the green room. wonder what they did with the david choe fish spray paint. should be interesting show today Kimmel, JJ Abrams, and Rod Stewart.

That thing was so damn ugly. I bet no one was happy about that decision afterward.

Just listened to the Casey gambling story. Fuck. I think that's all I can muster after hearing that.

You mean KC? There's still some scuttlebutt that it was all product placement for GoldenPalace (and whether it was through the show or if he was getting paid on the side without Howard's knowledge).

Grinchy

Banned
You mean KC? There's still some scuttlebutt that it was all product placement for GoldenPalace (and whether it was through the show or if he was getting paid on the side without Howard's knowledge).

Oh wow, really? I guess I wouldn't be surprised to learn that now but I totally bought into the story back then. I only vaguely remember it now, but didn't he supposedly win like $300k from playing online poker? If that's the case, then I was dumb to believe it. You don't just suddenly win that much money in poker.

Oh wow, really? I guess I wouldn't be surprised to learn that now but I totally bought into the story back then. I only vaguely remember it now, but didn't he supposedly win like $300k from playing online poker? If that's the case, then I was dumb to believe it. You don't just suddenly win that much money in poker.

Yeah, it's weird. I'd like to go back and listen now as I didn't even think to wonder if it was real before.

KC's departure was strange. Whether drugs, crazy or something like a stunt for $$ on the side something went down and it was never clear what (not saying it's any one, as it's likely a combo of at least two). When he called in to explain it all I'm not sure he actually did—I remember that being a strangely evasive call.

Yeah, it's weird. I'd like to go back and listen now as I didn't even think to wonder if it was real before.

KC's departure was strange. Whether drugs, crazy or something like a stunt for $$ on the side something went down and it was never clear what (not saying it's any one, as it's likely a combo of at least two). When he called in to explain it all I'm not sure he actually did—I remember that being a strangely evasive call.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to the tell-all book someday if it ever happens. Too many good inside stories being kept too close to the chest. Though he did throw a plug in the discussion which makes sense with what you're saying.

Grinchy

Banned
I remember them talking about going to KC's place and seeing that he had like blood on bibles and stuff. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if that was all made up too.

Grinchy

Banned
I certainly don't believe that he was unaware of the re-signing decision when he came in late and cried on the air. There's just no way that was real.

Benji is cock strong.

Remember when he thought Japan was next to Mexico?
I think the question is what country borders Arizona. And he said Japan. I hate when people play dumb.

Interesting but mostly probably untrue especially when dealing with a degenerate liar like Levy, though Bob Levy threatening Howard and his wife if true is enough reason to never have dealings with him again. Gotta love the slobbering cunts on that forum who'll rationalize anything to hate Stern.

Yeah there is just no credibility in that. Obviously we know Howard isnt going to pay you jack if you work for his channels so the solution is dont work for his channels. Why would anyone feel sorry for Bob like he had no choice?

Now lets all listen to Artie destroy Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNlH27rADI

So I read on dawgs that Jason said on the wrap up show that they're auditioning people for Benji's job. Is this true? And did he say it as a joke or was he serious?

Benji was pretty rude to Rob Cordry today. I haven't heard Wrap Up yet. I wonder if that's true. Howard doesn't put up with his crew insulting guests.

Sounded pretty real.

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Benji was pretty rude to Rob Cordry today. I haven't heard Wrap Up yet. I wonder if that's true. Howard doesn't put up with his crew insulting guests.

Just saw a clip of this and Howard said Rob slammed Benji on the celebrity superfan roundtable so that makes it fair game to me.

Regardless Benji is not going anywhere.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, I don't believe for a second that Howard is going to go through the trouble of replacing Benjy a couple years before he retires to Florida.

RangersFan

So I read on dawgs that Jason said on the wrap up show that they're auditioning people for Benji's job. Is this true? And did he say it as a joke or was he serious?

he's not being replaced. this goes back to celebrity superfan roundtable where they were talking about benjy and rob corddry said he would never hire him even if he is a talented writer. because of his whole benjy andy kaufman schtick and him being late the obliviousness of why some listeners can't stand him. and of course cue rob corddry as guest today, of course it was gonna come up. even if they are interviewing another writer, benjy is going no where. the whole topic in general and benjy responding despite how serious he is or not is all part of the show.

benjy is never getting fired, that's been made clear for the longest time now, back in 2010 when he had the string of lateness's and howard said one more time he's fired then he's late a few months later, and the fallout ended up being a meeting with gary and being taken off WUS permanently, which pretty much lasted only 2 years, as Benjy in the past few weeks is becoming a WUS "guest" more and more frequently lately.

jason is just a weasely "told you so" back office brown noser. so what he said even if there is a tinge of truth of it was more just to sting scare benjy a little bit. the person they are interviewing writer or not i'm sure is all part of the "revamp" the show is going through right now. pretty much so many people are contributing as "writers" at this point, even if benjy is "replaced" he'll still be part of the show in some capacity. i mean artie was technically hired as a writer, but they soon quickly learned he didn't operate really in the way jackie, benjy, and fred did by feeding howard jokes, but rather contribute on mic with anecdotes and engaging howard and robin in discussion (which pretty much won him jackies seat).

^ $100 for a ticket to those cookie parties

I sooooooo can't wait for this book to come out. The discussion on the show is gonna be great, the discussion in the forums is gonna be great, the Amazon reviews are gonna be great.

And btw I'm not just saying this just to get on Howard's case but that is seriously one of the worst photoshopped images on professional media that I've ever seen. The only thing worse I can think of are those terrible rap cd covers (there was a thread on GAF about them).

Top Bottom