• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Why would they ever actually replace Benjy? It was shown by the lack of an Artie replacement that the show is just coasting until the contract ends. Benjy is basically the head writer of the show. You think they're going to go to the trouble and expense of hiring someone new at this point?

Why would they ever actually replace Benjy? It was shown by the lack of an Artie replacement that the show is just coasting until the contract ends. Benjy is basically the head writer of the show. You think they're going to go to the trouble and expense of hiring someone new at this point?

They just hired a new COO in the Marci Turk. I'm not sure what they're doing is actually helping yet, but it seems clear they haven't been coasting for the last little bit.

I don't know why Howard giving MFB Rod Stewart tickets bothered me a little. Doesn't she get enough air time and free shit from the show?

R2D4

Banned
I don't know why Howard giving MFB Rod Stewart tickets bothered me a little. Doesn't she get enough air time and free shit from the show?

The only members of the Wack Pack that don't constantly ask for shit seem to be BoBo and MFB. Fuck the rest of those welfare losers.

Grinchy

Banned
I find this slightly humorous. Radaronline just wrote up a little article about Howard being cyberbullied, and they mention Dawg's site specifically.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/howard-stern-twitter-bullying/#.UZTBe08hryM.twitter

A rogue troupe of Howard Stern fans-turned-haters have relentlessly waged war on the 59-year-old, taking personal pot shots via Twitter and other online resources such as Dawg’s Saloon, a Stern-based message board.

When Stern’s oldest daughter Emily, a singer-songwriter, released an album late last year, posters repeatedly mocked her track Zoo Za Zoo, constantly referring to the song title in jest, and adding it to hashtags in tweets.

hahahaha

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
children should be off-limits

I think it's fine if they're adults. Especially considering HSS's history of talking about the children of other celebs ("HEY BINDI WANNA BENDY OVER ON THIS? OOOHHH!" and that was a minor). I mean, if having people discuss you in an undesirable manner is bullying, then what do you call the things Howard, Stuttering John, Captain Janks, and other HS fans did to dudes like Larry King. I love Howard, but he has to understand he trained a generation of listeners to call people out on stuff.

gdt

I don't like them harping on his daughter either. She's never been on the show, never used his name...etc. I mean yeah their adults, but targetting her just cause she's Howard's daughter is cheap.

Yeah, the Dawg's people are nuts and justify everything by citing how Howard wished cancer on people and wished that kids would end up being gay and stuff. Has he ever expressed any regret for that?

children should be off-limits

Creating threads filled with photos of his daughters is really creepy but they are photos that can be accessed by the public and "zoozazoo" is from a song off youtube.

They should just stick to goofing on Howard and Beth though. I'm sure the kids dont like them either.

gdt

Yeah, the Dawg's people are nuts and justify everything by citing how Howard wished cancer on people and wished that kids would end up being gay and stuff. Has he ever expressed any regret for that?

Yeah definitely. He's mellowed out and his usual rap is that he was a total maniac back then etc.

I think every celebrity has people that do that. Unless there are any actual threats going on, the key is not to feed the trolls by letting them know it bothers you. He's playing right into it their hands now, whereas if he has some plan to counter-troll them he could have kept it quiet.

Grinchy

Banned
I think it's just another one of his empty threats. I feel like he actually thinks that will scare those people away from sending bad tweets.

I rolled my eyes when he brings up the insulting tweets and then he mentions how he can mess with people and they don't even know it. And how its happened before where he messes with someone and their life is falling apart around them and they don't even know its him. Sounded like what kids used to say on the playground.

BTW - did you guys see Howard just bought a $52 million dollar mansion in Miami? I thought he just denied a few weeks ago on air that he was looking to get a house in Florida. I remember there was talking of him doing that to take advantage of their lower taxes or something.

RangersFan

I rolled my eyes when he brings up the insulting tweets and then he mentions how he can mess with people and they don't even know it. And how its happened before where he messes with someone and their life is falling apart around them and they don't even know its him. Sounded like what kids used to say on the playground.

BTW - did you guys see Howard just bought a $52 million dollar mansion in Miami? I thought he just denied a few weeks ago on air that he was looking to get a house in Florida. I remember there was talking of him doing that to take advantage of their lower taxes or something.

well he would have to change permanent residence for that to happen, which a lot of people are doing. don't think he will be doing that as he will still be doing his show from NY.

Howard's new $52 million dollar home in Florida

yyQfNEsh.jpg

61uaT56.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/i6vw3#yyQfNEs

Just listened to the 5-15 show and damn was Benjy great during the wrap up show. Its been a while since there was a "fight" with that much tension. Can't wait to hear what Howard has to say about it

gdt

"Listen to this! Who could put down your voice in this song?"

"Thats Pete actually"

"Oh is it?"

oh god I died right there

Rewatched Hot Tub Time Machine tonight. Forgot how great Corddry is in it and the Stern references were pretty obvious ("waaahhhhhh" and "dropping loads" stuck out).

RangersFan

NVM on being excited about Geektime. Jon, Jason, and Steve aren't allowed on so just Ralph and his horrible shit.

I enjoyed it, Steven Amell was more than fine. Since Howard had Jon, Jason, and Steve "busy with other things," if that is truly the reasoning that's fine with me. The focus really should be prioritized to the main show which has suffered greatly the last few years. And since Ralph technically doesn't even work on the show it makes sense he's allowed to continue on with GeekTime! and opposed to it being Howard playing favorites since Ralph is arguably his best friend.

I just hope that JHTV and BOR return someday the the show is on firmer ground with all their changes going on. Something tellls me at the very least Jon Hein will get his shows back BOR imo is doubtful, as Will and Jason are technically Gary's protege's, and with Gary supposedly being less and less and the office as he prepares for his career after THSS, I understand Howard wanting them focused on his show.

I enjoyed it, Steven Amell was more than fine. Since Howard had Jon, Jason, and Steve "busy with other things," if that is truly the reasoning that's fine with me. The focus really should be prioritized to the main show which has suffered greatly the last few years. And since Ralph technically doesn't even work on the show it makes sense he's allowed to continue on with GeekTime! and opposed to it being Howard playing favorites since Ralph is arguably his best friend.

I just hope that JHTV and BOR return someday the the show is on firmer ground with all their changes going on. Something tellls me at the very least Jon Hein will get his shows back BOR imo is doubtful, as Will and Jason are technically Gary's protege's, and with Gary supposedly being less and less and the office as he prepares for his career after THSS, I understand Howard wanting them focused on his show.

Steve Amell definitely kept it even keel but Ralph is worthless as a interviewer and host. I know this is extremely geeky but you're on a show called Geektime and you segue into a question by sayin, "Speaking of Superman" in reference to the music playing in the background and it's the Star Wars theme. It's as bad as Howard thinking Roger Daltry was singing. Nevermind the endless cutting off of questions.

Grinchy

Banned
That Wrap-Up show was brutal. Benji is such a cunt.

Yeah he was being kind of a dick. I understand that he doesn't want a negative image of himself getting out there since he's going to need to find a new job in a couple years, but he is really overestimating the reach of the Celebrity Superfan Roundtable.

Plus the guy didn't even say anything that bad about him and he was totally on the attack during the interview.

Top Bottom