• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I can't believe a caller has never asked how Robin gets out to see all these movies but can't go to the studio for the show.

I mean, I know the calls are HEAVILY screened, but still.

Not to mention she goes to parties and charity events.

EDIT: I just noticed this thread is in community now.

Listening to the 5/28 show and I'm not even exaggerating, I think I pulled a muscle from laughing so hard at the dissection of Ronnie's Sexy Tips. "Ya grab the guy's head and give him a nice massage! Put on a rain coat! Oh!"

RangersFan

Howard - "Did you see the Sirius XM mention in World War Z?"

Robin - "YES I DID!"

Howard - "Where was it?"

Robin - Well, I need to think about it. I remember thinking "did I hear him say Sirius?

Howard - "it wasn't something you heard, it's something you saw"

Fuck, she's annoying the shit out of me lately. Along with her crazier than normal laugh.
at least howard called her out about it. "robin, you don't have to know everything." it was even more annoying considering when he revealed that it was just the "siri" on the nasdaq ticker.

"I was just gonna say that"

Sorry for the outdated discussion but Lisa G never proposes bits for the show, never gets involved, and then two weeks out from her book releasing she suddenly comes up with a bit that involves her getting 10,000 new twitter followers? And the most annoying part is that when Ronnie mentions that to Howard, Howard acts like that can't possibly be a reason. Actually Howard was probably annoyed that Ronnie 'pulled back the curtain' and revealed that.

Sorry for the outdated discussion but Lisa G never proposes bits for the show, never gets involved, and then two weeks out from her book releasing she suddenly comes up with a bit that involves her getting 10,000 new twitter followers? And the most annoying part is that when Ronnie mentions that to Howard, Howard acts like that can't possibly be a reason. Actually Howard was probably annoyed that Ronnie 'pulled back the curtain' and revealed that.

The old Howard would never have allowed someone like Lisa to use his show/name to sell a book.

I liked when they asked how you know if she's a squirter Ronnie's response is to just ask her. I can only imagine that if you really do that the girl will recoil and say "eww gross!" and run out of the room.

If you ever meet a girl who's a squirter-first thing you need to do is lay down a towel.

Dats how I know it ain't piss! Cause it dont stain da bed! Oh!

RangersFan

Wow, 10:20 am and still not up to Robin's News yet...what is this 2009? The show might actually get to 11am today before Wrap-Up.

Like I speculated before, the show is most definitely becoming interview and guest centric. Makes sense with no 3rd man and Robin still out. Larry King and Seinfeld, THSS would have done anything to get either of them as guests years ago, let alone both on the same day.

Unfortunately both interviews were underwhelming. Howard didn't broach any of the touchy subjects he would have in the past, to be fair though, he did get Jerry to talk about the juicy stuff years ago.

Well I have to give it up to Lisa. I didn't think she'd go through with the kissing thing. I thought she'd back out on a technicality. I have to see the video of them making out. I bet its super gross.

I just saw the video of Maryanne from Brooklyn on Katie Couric. Damn, how can one woman be so sad. I'm sure Howard cares about her as much as every other 2 bit wack packer. He'll use her for bits on the show and to gratify his ego and as soon as she stops being useful he'll move on to someone else. And the way she talks about him, LOL does she even know how the show is made? "Howard speak the truth everyday and is always entertaining and fresh and blah blah blah" It makes Howard look bad hanging around pathetic sycophants like that.

Listening to the news of the 5/30 show. This is so friggin gross. This is the second time this episode (the other being during the fight with Eric the Midget) that Howard started eating on air. He keeps smacking and you can hear the semi digested food swishing around in his mouth. I'm gonna puke.

I can't believe he can't wait until he's off air to eat. Or why even eat at all in the 4 hours he's on? I somehow make it from 7am to 12pm every day without eating.

Listening to the news of the 5/30 show. This is so friggin gross. This is the second time this episode (the other being during the fight with Eric the Midget) that Howard started eating on air. He keeps smacking and you can hear the semi digested food swishing around in his mouth. I'm gonna puke.

I can't believe he can't wait until he's off air to eat. Or why even eat at all in the 4 hours he's on? I somehow make it from 7am to 12pm every day without eating.

Look-the poor guy has to show up for a job where he has to work for 5 hours! Give him a break!

Grinchy

Banned
I think he's still not used to eating with his enormous new choppers (the ones he "didn't get recently" but got "after Private Parts"). I'd have trouble eating with those inhuman things too.

gdt

The special this week was awesome.

And I loved the post special wrap up show talking about the old segments.

gdt

God damn it got uncomfortable when ODB and Damon Dash where in the studio haha. Damon Dash just didn't get it at all.

God damn it got uncomfortable when ODB and Damon Dash where in the studio haha. Damon Dash just didn't get it at all.

Yeah, I wish more callers would have given him shit about that. The call afterwards with the woman looking for Children's Corner was strange.

The weird one to me is they failed to follow up the Gary the Retard segment with a few months later when he revealed his "girlfriend" screwed him over and he claimed they never even had a physical relationship. Richard came in on the wrap-up show to talk Gary and they still acted like that was the end of the story.

Also, the caller who noticed that Howard failed to follow up with the OJ details from the Menendez brother's ex was spot on. I couldn't believe he let that slip by.

RangersFan

Yeah, I saw they were doing wrap up shows this past week for the specials. I don't usually listen to the specials, but I may start now that they are doing wrap-ups.

Vacation week again this week. They will be airing "Geek Week" Special, and there will be FOUR wrap up shows this week Mon-Thurs. http://www.howardstern.com/calendar

I'll probably be tuning in this week. I guess this is what Howard has been having Jon Hein do since he went from 4 shows to 1.

Yeah, I saw they were doing wrap up shows this past week for the specials. I don't usually listen to the specials, but I may start now that they are doing wrap-ups.

Vacation week again this week. They will be airing "Geek Week" Special, and there will be FOUR wrap up shows this week Mon-Thurs. http://www.howardstern.com/calendar

I'll probably be tuning in this week. I guess this is what Howard has been having Jon Hein do since he went from 4 shows to 1.

Ah this means they will be airing the greatest segment ever-the live airing of the Baba-Apology tape.

Ah this means they will be airing the greatest segment ever-the live airing of the Baba-Apology tape.

Hello hello. I love you man. I miss you.

God I love that thing. I've watched/listened to that whole escapade at least 50 times now. Every time I hear it I have a new favorite thing about it. Right now I'd probably say my favorite part is the Booey math - "I gained a lover but lost a friend. And you lost a lover and a friend, but gained a lover."

FYI - don't ever say 'hello hello' to impersonate Gary or you'll never be able to stop doing it.

Jube3

God I love that thing. I've watched/listened to that whole escapade at least 50 times now. Every time I hear it I have a new favorite thing about it. Right now I'd probably say my favorite part is the Booey math - "I gained a lover but lost a friend. And you lost a lover and a friend, but gained a lover."

FYI - don't ever say 'hello hello' to impersonate Gary or you'll never be able to stop doing it.

The gallery really made that show for me, the jokes were non-stop.

I've been saying it daily for over 10 years now-and it's how I answer the phone. I also make all the townspeople in Animal Crossing say it.

I've been saying it daily for over 10 years now-and it's how I answer the phone. I also make all the townspeople in Animal Crossing say it.

I do that at work all the time when people saying hi to me. At this point its almost a reflex.

Side note: my one coworker is also a Stern fanatic and we always try to drop quotes into conversations with 'regular' people in the office witihin hearing distance of each other to crack each other up. I just told my manager the other day there are so many projects and initiatives going on in our office.

I do that at work all the time when people saying hi to me. At this point its almost a reflex.

Side note: my one coworker is also a Stern fanatic and we always try to drop quotes into conversations with 'regular' people in the office witihin hearing distance of each other to crack each other up. I just told my manager the other day there are so many projects and initiatives going on in our office.

No one I work with listens to the show, but I have 2 guys that I've forwarded Youtube videos of Sal and Richard's phony phones to-and we will quuote those.

Ronnie: You'll do it. You'll do it.
Richard Simmons: Well, I'll think about it.
George Takei: Let me think about this. I'll call you back in an hour.

etc etc

The Brandano geek-week bumpers sound scripted (or at least the second one did). Interesting that the guy asked if he could get the Howard Stern Show on a bittorrent site, which is a bit of a nod to all of the folks (both subscribers and not) who grab commercial free versions of the show.

The Brandano geek-week bumpers sound scripted (or at least the second one did). Interesting that the guy asked if he could get the Howard Stern Show on a bittorrent site, which is a bit of a nod to all of the folks (both subscribers and not) who grab commercial free versions of the show.

They all sound fake to me. I'm pretty sure one of the "geeks" was Sal. So cringe worthy.

Top Bottom