• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Listening to 6/11 show - Russel Brand AGAIN?!! I swear he was just in. The show is getting to be a rotation of about 10 guests.

Imagine the same three or four bumpers being repeated all week that are all fake/staged versions of Darth Nihilus.

Yeah.

I gotta hear these things. There's a whole thread on dawgs complaining about how terrible they are.

EDIT: I miss real callers. People who aren't picked up on every day and who have dissenting opinions. Howard only picks up on sycophants anymore. I used to love when he'd mix it up with people that made him angry.

I gotta hear these things. There's a whole thread on dawgs complaining about how terrible they are.

Really? Last I checked I didn't see one. Even went to Reddit hoping someone else was bitching about it so I wouldn't have to.

Oh, it's the one where they use gay slurs and anti-semitism. Dawg's has officially gone Stormfront.

So who was behind staging the Derrick thing - Johnny or Howard or a little of both? Either way it was painful and not funny. I did notice during Eric's "final call" a few episodes before that Gary accidentally called Eric Derrick so I wonder if he knew this was coming up or if thats where whoever was behind this came up with the idea of Eric being someone named Derrick.

Really? Last I checked I didn't see one. Even went to Reddit hoping someone else was bitching about it so I wouldn't have to.

Oh, it's the one where they use gay slurs and anti-semitism. Dawg's has officially gone Stormfront.

Ha yeah its the 'Stevie B is a [expletive deleted]' thread.

Grinchy

Banned
I just assumed everyone was in on the Derrick thing all along. Maybe Howard and co thought it would be a funny idea b/c of how stupid and unbelievable it would be, and maybe Eric actually thought it would fool people. Or everyone was just stupid enough to think it was funny. I have no idea lol

RangersFan

howard's being annoying today reiterating his 300 yard drive "5 times." I understand he's being only half serious but still ridiculous claim considering the video and all. also celebrating Robin's anniversary of announcing her 34g, just feels like more dancing around her year long absence.

howard's being annoying today reiterating his 300 yard drive "5 times." I understand he's being only half serious but still ridiculous claim considering the video and all. also celebrating Robin's anniversary of announcing her 34g, just feels like more dancing around her year long absence.

"I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY THAT!"

I don't understand why Robin isn't back in the studio. Today she's talking about how she was out on her boat 2 days in a row for the 4th of July.

Grinchy

Banned
Howard cut in on Jimmy and Molly's first dance? Wow.

Something tells me it was planned all along.

And really now, what's up with Robin? If she really is dying then it's good that she's spending her time doing things she enjoys. But if she's not dying, and she just mysteriously stopped going into the studio and now does 2-3 day weeks over the phone, I don't know what to think.

Howard cut in on Jimmy and Molly's first dance? Wow.

Remember when he was worried about what Sal might do at his wedding?

And really now, what's up with Robin? If she really is dying then it's good that she's spending her time doing things she enjoys. But if she's not dying, and she just mysteriously stopped going into the studio and now does 2-3 day weeks over the phone, I don't know what to think.

If she isn't sick I would think she would have been seen somewhere at some point but either way there is something really odd about it.

I have to say I'm really enjoying this Larry King interview, surprisingly. He has a ton of great stories!

That start of that Larry King prank call gets me every time. It starts with Larry making a noise that sounds like someone shooting a squirt gun int a plastic cup. I can't not lol at that.

RangersFan

I don't understand why Robin isn't back in the studio. Today she's talking about how she was out on her boat 2 days in a row for the 4th of July.

Because she is literally and figuratively dialing it in.

Something tells me it was planned all along.

Remember when he was worried about what Sal might do at his wedding?

If she isn't sick I would think she would have been seen somewhere at some point but either way there is something really odd about it.

If the leaked medical records are true that were posted at SFN before mutt took them down and are now posted at dawgs, her prognosis is not good :(

If it's true then I don't blame her for not being in studio and still doing the show is admirable.

If the leaked medical records are true that were posted at SFN before mutt took them down and are now posted at dawgs, her prognosis is not good :(

If it's true then I don't blame her for not being in studio and still doing the show is admirable.

Do you have a link to the leaked records?

RangersFan

Do you have a link to the leaked records?

google robin quivers cancer leak or something like that. I'd rather not have to read it again it was very sad and depressing :(

never was the biggest robin fan but man the show would never be the same without her. even worse was she didn't sound that great today, her voice was noticeably weaker :(

Those were fake—likely never even existed as no one managed to snag anything off of the link from godlikeproductions to SFN and the thread ID may have been inconsistent IIRC.

But you can safely assume Robin had/has cancer. She had a grapefruit sized mass removed from her nether regions and she hasn't been in the studio for over a year.

Found a post on DS that confirms the thread ID thing:

This is not a true thing at all. There never was a thread on SFN. Here is the link they gave on "Godlike Productions":

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/xen/i...cancer.699513/

You see that number at the end? 699513? The newest thread has the number 678793. It's total bullshit. No one posted anything.

So just a reminder that the whole thing was bullshit.

Grinchy

Banned
Seeing a Pollock painting posted in the great artists thread reminded me of one of my favorite Stern moments of all time (mostly because it successfully embarrassed Robin):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2t7u2qFFX4

lol that was hilarious

It's kinda weird hearing these old bits when you consider how shocking it would be these days to hear that Howard stayed around after the show to create a bit (like staying after to paint for 5 minutes).

lol that was hilarious

It's kinda weird hearing these old bits when you consider how shocking it would be these days to hear that Howard stayed around after the show to create a bit (like staying after to paint for 5 minutes).

Ha so true. I think the last thing I remember him saying he stuck around for after the show was when he prank called someone in Saudi Arabia and the guy answering the phone knew his voice.

Who is this Kidd Kraddick that people are freaking out about dying? Never heard of him, but seems like a more pop music show than a Bob & Tom type?

Riggs

Banned
I'm kinda surprised that I don't hate Whitney on the show. I can't really stand her otherwise.

Bleh she is really hard to listen to. All that 'ohhhhh I think I am so ugly' crap. Plus she sounds like a horrible person to hang with, breaking people's shit cuz they are rich etc.

Grinchy

Banned
I still don't believe her when she says her age. She looks like she's at least 40 already. And yeah she sounds like a horrible person, but to me that's good radio. I want to hear about how awful she is.

I still don't believe her when she says her age. She looks like she's at least 40 already. And yeah she sounds like a horrible person, but to me that's good radio. I want to hear about how awful she is.

At first I thought you were talking about Ms. Howard Stern. Then I noticed who you were talking about. Statement applies to both people though.

Bleh she is really hard to listen to. All that 'ohhhhh I think I am so ugly' crap. Plus she sounds like a horrible person to hang with, breaking people's shit cuz they are rich etc.

I couldn't believe I heard that. She really sounds like a cunt. She threw a glass at Seinfeld's wife and broke it-simply because they were rich. That's supposed to be funny? Jerry and Jessica were probably pissed but put on a smiling face. Also-Whitney was only invited because Howard was invited, so this makes Howard look bad.

Riggs

Banned
I couldn't believe I heard that. She really sounds like a cunt. She threw a glass at Seinfeld's wife and broke it-simply because they were rich. That's supposed to be funny? Jerry and Jessica were probably pissed but put on a smiling face. Also-Whitney was only invited because Howard was invited, so this makes Howard look bad.

Yep yep yep, I am sure Jerry was like what a fucking bitch once she left. He does not seem like the type to find that funny.

No idea why people like Whitney her comedy sucks. Amy Schumer is pretty funny though, cocky as hell but funny.

Amy Schumer is pretty funny though, cocky as hell but funny.
Even by my standards her show was a little too over the top raunchy (and I'm a guy that laughs at Ronnie talking about squirting) but overall it was pretty good/funny. She's light years better than Whitney. That's for damn sure.

Riggs

Banned
Even by my standards her show was a little too over the top raunchy (and I'm a guy that laughs at Ronnie talking about squirting) but overall it was pretty good/funny. She's light years better than Whitney. That's for damn sure.

Ya I get ya, Amy Schumer is fucked up lol.

The Hooters like restaurant where guys show off their balls was the funniest sketch of the show. I couldn't catch my breath I was loling so hard.

According to dawgs apparently Robin confirmed today she has cancer? That's a bummer. Hopefully she gets better. I wonder why she doesn't go into the studio though. Did she broach that subject? Is it a catheter / colostomy bag thing?

gdt

According to dawgs apparently Robin confirmed today she has cancer? That's a bummer. Hopefully she gets better. I wonder why she doesn't go into the studio though. Did she broach that subject? Is it a catheter / colostomy bag thing?

Oh man really? Thats a huge bummer.

No, they're saying because she said last week that she isn't eating carbs that she has cancer (tumors feed on glucose, so if you put your body into ketosis you can effectively starve the tumor while your body continues to thrive). She still hasn't actually confirmed what everyone knows.

She really needs to drop the vegetarian bullshit to pull this off though.

I eat a similar diet just for health. Started two years ago and dropped 50 pounds in no time while my blood work went super healthy, all while scarfing down bacon and eggs everyday.

Top Bottom