• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I see Robin Thicke was a guest today. I'm guessing one of the questions was about the length of his penis.

No, they're saying because she said last week that she isn't eating carbs that she has cancer (tumors feed on glucose, so if you put your body into ketosis you can effectively starve the tumor while your body continues to thrive). She still hasn't actually confirmed what everyone knows.

She really needs to drop the vegetarian bullshit to pull this off though.

I eat a similar diet just for health. Started two years ago and dropped 50 pounds in no time while my blood work went super healthy, all while scarfing down bacon and eggs everyday.

I'm not sure why I keep trusting the people on that site. They seem dumber there than on most internet websites ...

http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/79374-Robin-has-cancer-she-reveiled-this-last-week

Keep in mind I read that thread right after reading a big post about how Eric the Midget died and then the source is a link to a wiki page about Rick Rolling. Seriously? Its 2013 and someone is still all about Rick Rolling?

Grinchy

Banned
^I visit it from time to time, but it's honestly 98% moron over there. Something about that forum attracts very unintelligent people.

After seeing a few dates listed on Dawg's, I went back and actually listened to the shows over the last ten years where Howard has talked about how Robin Thicke sucks (wouldn't even make it past auditions on American Idol). Depending on how today's show went I might edit the clips into a video.

gdt

After seeing a few dates listed on Dawg's, I went back and actually listened to the shows over the last ten years where Howard has talked about how Robin Thicke sucks (wouldn't even make it past auditions on American Idol). Depending on how today's show went I might edit the clips into a video.

Please do so. Howard is always a complete bandwagoner. Doesn't like or apprecitae anything non-mainstream. But I guess he has to keep his audience in mind for that.

RangersFan

man, you can just feel the collective eyes roll from the remaining "daily" listeners when howard tries to explain his 2-3 day a week schedule and the whopping 112 shows they "owe" Sirius a year.

but to breakup my negativity i'll try to be positive. Robin Thicke was awesome yesterday, great interview. And booking Matthew Berry for today will be interesting, I'm a big fantasy nerd so i'm excited, but i'm sure many won't care (most of the back office are big on fantasy football so i'm sure they're a lot more excited than howard is). The Anthony Weiner chick should be interesting as well for those who don't care about fantasy football.

man, you can just feel the collective eyes roll from the remaining "daily" listeners when howard tries to explain his 2-3 day a week schedule and the whopping 112 shows they "owe" Sirius a year.

The thing that enfuriates me is when he tries to explain that when he's not doing the show he's working hard so we should all give him a break. Who cares? Imagine if I missed work all the time to go to a second job at McDonalds and then told my employer that they shouldn't give me a hard time because I was actually working when I wasn't at my job. I know he's not actually 'missing shows' and he's contracted to work so many days and it doesn't matter when he does them. But come on. Don't try to convince people who are paying for your show that they should give you a break because you're working hard somewhere else.

Also, this is good ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTc-E7VWfk

Pitch adjusted Stern sounds like 80s Stern.

Not that I'm of the mind, but I remember when we caught this back in December people said it was just like when Sal or Richard calls in to goof on a guest trying to get them to react.

Also, Robin Thicke's interview was ok, but the "live performance" sounded like someone moaning on top of a backing track and pussing out of the medium-to-high notes.

This video of Howard's photoshop technique is hilarious: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LycEeSes-iY

I hadn't noticed the dogs toes before.

HOLY SHIT

also from the comments...

mataleaoFTW 2 days ago
"These maniacs on youtube, Robin. It's... it's like I don't know. I try to do something nice and they're... they're horrible to me!"
"Again Howard, what do they do for a living?"
"You're right Robin. Bobo you're on the air."

Here I go again but dawgs is reporting that its been confirmed by Opie that Tim Sabean has been fired. Any truth to that? I was just talking to my coworker this morning how we haven't heard from Tim in months.

This video of Howard's photoshop technique is hilarious: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LycEeSes-iY

I hadn't noticed the dogs toes before.
Oh man. Most of the stuff he shops is so inconsequential. And in some cases would probably look better if he just left untouched.

HOLY SHIT

also from the comments...

mataleaoFTW 2 days ago
"These maniacs on youtube, Robin. It's... it's like I don't know. I try to do something nice and they're... they're horrible to me!"
"Again Howard, what do they do for a living?"
"You're right Robin. Bobo you're on the air."

"Yeah I wont accept criticism from people because I dont know what they do for a living. Meanwhile I'll take a ball slathering from a borderline mental deficient driving instructor who gets ketchup slapped on his horribly wigged head by his students."

Grinchy

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Tim was fired. He always came across as a guy who could talk up the fantasy that he was an insanely hard-working guy while actually being quite lazy. It was brought up many times on the air that he'd disappear for hours for lunch.

Grinchy

Banned
So the show is only 2 days a week until late September?

Those 2 days are a favor that Howard is doing for you and for his staff. He re-signed because the fans wanted more and he feels bad for the staff who wouldn't be able to get jobs. Why don't you just start to appreciate his selfless acts!

I haven't checked Dawg's. Last I heard he was taking care of a family situation for a month or so. I figured it was a "finish out the fiscal year" and then you're out thing.

Van Owen

Banned
I haven't checked Dawg's. Last I heard he was taking care of a family situation for a month or so. I figured it was a "finish out the fiscal year" and then you're out thing.

I heard Opie said he was no long with SiriusXM on O&A this morning and there was another tweet he was no longer in the phone directory from someone else.

I heard Opie said he was no long with SiriusXM on O&A this morning and there was another tweet he was no longer in the phone directory from someone else.

Why is it so important to keep stuff like this a secret on the show? Tim was a major part of the Stern show. Would it be so terrible to say he's gone? I can see not bringing up Teddy Microphone but TIm? C'mon.

RangersFan

not surprising tim was let go. i loved him as part of the show but to have a dumb guy as your program director as well as to be only good for to be goofed on. not to mention the only long standing shows under your watch are riley martin, jay thomas, and superfan roundtable, not much to scream about. especially when you have a never used 3rd channel.

Just wanted to say that as a man of the UK, I find every Howard Stern interaction with Beetlejuice to be simply amazing.

The show in general I find more crass than clever, and I don't really care for endless conversations about celebrities and who's fucking who.

But Beet? What a guy!

"Yeah, that's got nothing to do with me, pal.”

R2D4

Banned
Just wanted to say that as a man of the UK, I find every Howard Stern interaction with Beetlejuice to be simply amazing.

The show in general I find more crass than clever, and I don't really care for endless conversations about celebrities and who's fucking who.

But Beet? What a guy!

"Yeah, that's got nothing to do with me, pal.”

GOO FO YOO

RangersFan

fucking tvcast special ugh, going back to sleep. at least they're doing 4 wrap up shows this week, I guess someone's gotta work. mr. 80 blowjobs gotta do something now that he only has WUS, I do miss him on geektime and tv show, and howard never brings him into studio anymore.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm so glad I stay so behind on this show. I still have like 2 weeks of shows to get through. There's no way I'd want to hear that special again since I didn't even like it the first time.

VPhys

On Vacation again this week?

is there no way of getting howard TV in the UK?

Annoying isn't it.

Hell, I can't get Howard TV and I live in Los Angeles! It's only compatible with cable and I now have satellite. Why now make it available online or through streaming like a service such as netflix. I WANT THEM TO TAKE MY 13.99/month. I just don't have a way of paying for it.

Not only are they on vacation, but they're replaying the TV cast special they aired just a few months ago.

But I'm sure the live wrap-up shows are well worth canceling BOR and all of the other original content the staff was working on beforehand.

RangersFan

the live wrap-ups this week aren't even good. it's hein, brandano, jd, and jason talking about their favorite seinfeld episodes. fuck at least talk about some stern show happenings. get ronnie, sal and richard, and depace in there they always make WUS entertaining.

And guys, Howard's not on vacation he's hard at work being a professional judge on AGT, something he takes very seriously! He shows up ready to work and judge, while the other 3 are not taking it seriously enough.

Jag

Shots fired ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdBktscRPs

The terrible thing is, and proves their point, is that Howard wont address this.

Howard's going to go ballistic. He is a control freak and hyper sensitive to anyone that questions him. Especially people who he feels copied him and don't pay him the respect that he is due.

I love Howard, been there since the beginning (yes, it's been awhile), but he's definitely a little off center.

On a different subject, I know it will never happen, but i've heard some of the best live music come from his Studio (Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Train, even some I don't typically like). I would love for him to publish it one day. I have to think many of the accomplished artists would probably be ok with it.

Grinchy

Banned
On a different subject, I know it will never happen, but i've heard some of the best live music come from his Studio (Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Train, even some I don't typically like). I would love for him to publish it one day. I have to think many of the accomplished artists would probably be ok with it.

I would love that too, but I'm not as optimistic as you that it's remotely possible. They can't even get licensing to show the performances on Howard TV most of the time. I guess the only thing I could see them doing is a radio special where they play music interviews for a week that have performances in them. That would be pretty sweet, though.

Van Owen

Banned
Wow I didn't realize they could discuss Howard so freely like that. I assumed Howard made Sirius force them to not mention him. They were joking around when they brought up making the studio family friendly right?

I don't think the company is too high on putting up with Howard's demands after he sued them.

Top Bottom