• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

lol I doubt you hear anything from Howie. His policy on O & A has always been not to respond and ignore anything they say. He's the "king" after all, and everyone just tried to copy him.

And Sirius isn't sucking his dick like they were back in 06. If anything they hate him after his 2010 negotiating 3 day weeks for the same salary, and then the lawsuit. Not to mention his boy Mel Karmazin is gone.

I fucking hate O & A, always have always will, but boy are they spot on. Do fucking radio shows Howard FFS. You always talk about your fans, how about giving something back to your fans who moved with you to Sirius.

Grinchy

Banned
I always assume that Sirius must hate Howard too, but it is strange that they are giving him a studio renovation. The last one was just a year or two ago, but I think that might have come from the Howard TV budget.

Still, Howard always complains about how Sirius won't pay to fix a phone or a door, and now he's suddenly getting his studio renovated? Unless that came from the "production budget" I'm surprised that Sirius is paying for it.

Van Owen

Banned
It sounds like Howard would probably pay for it. And that it's mostly the halls around the studio getting some of the smut removed, not so much the studio itself.

I'd give Howard a pass about the 2 shows a week and constantly off he'd put on at least one show a day that's worthwhile content and not just clips of shows. How about bringing back Back Office Radio for example?

Do fucking radio shows Howard FFS. You always talk about your fans, how about giving something back to your fans who moved with you to Sirius.

"What did he say Robin? I'll have you know I've been working hard. I'm at that AGT 16 hours a day. What more do you want from me?!"

Any one here on SternGAF think the Baba Booeys during golf tournaments are fake? Seems like it wouldn't be hard to mix someone yelling Baba Booey with a clip of someone hitting a golf ball.

I dont think its fake because it would be way to easy to disprove. But I dont think its funny or interesting either. Not sure why we have to hear the audio of it all the time.

RangersFan

lol, apparently being able to understand that they are pulling clips from the previous days golf telecast equates to me "staring at the tv 24/7." Why so butthurt?

Grinchy

Banned
lol, apparently being able to understand that they are pulling clips from the previous days golf telecast equates to me "staring at the tv 24/7." Why so butthurt?

And now you're staring at the internet 24/7 b/c you knew that he replied to you!

Geez dude, stop staring at things so much.

Grinchy

Banned
this is steampunk, right?

lY5HFSz.jpg

I'm finally catching up over the past month. The whistle from Steampunk is one of the funniest things I've heard on the show in awhile, I was cracking up at my desk at work.

Well ya never know when he'll go off the deep end and reveal show secrets. I'm figuring it'll be a race to publish a tell all book between Shuli and Jason when the show is over. I'm assuming it'll be Shuli that does it as Jason has slightly more honesty and loyalty.

Grinchy

Banned
I wonder how long the confidentiality agreements are in place? Will they end as soon as people are no longer employed by Stern? Because I feel like 30 people would try to do interviews and write a book about what a piece of shit he is immediately if they are allowed to contractually.

After 20 years of being a loyal fan and close to 10 years of not missing a single episode, I think I'm finally done with Howard Stern / the Stern show. Haven't listened in weeks and don't miss it. I'm now just going to fill the void with earwolf.com podcasts which are a million times funnier. (How Did This Get Made, Comedy Bang Bang, Who Charted)

I'll still keep up with this thread cause I'm still interested in news related to the show but the show itself is done in my eyes.

After 20 years of being a loyal fan and close to 10 years of not missing a single episode, I think I'm finally done with Howard Stern / the Stern show. Haven't listened in weeks and don't miss it. I'm now just going to fill the void with earwolf.com podcasts which are a million times funnier. (How Did This Get Made, Comedy Bang Bang, Who Charted)

I'll still keep up with this thread cause I'm still interested in news related to the show but the show itself is done in my eyes.

Why? It's still entertaining. It still has good bits. It still has good characters. Why give up on something that's fun??

Why? It's still entertaining. It still has good bits. It still has good characters. Why give up on something that's fun??

Its not funny, its not fun to me any more. The show is different now. The honesty is gone. Its too .. 'corporate' maybe? Thats probably the wrong word. Its just I'm not having fun listening to it. I do laugh sometimes but they're few and far between. The laugh per minute ratio is much much higher on the earwolf podcast shows without all the repetitious complaining, pre-screened sycophantic calls, and AGT stories.

Maybe I'll come back again when the AGT season is over .. which should be late September or so right?

Its not funny, its not fun to me any more. The show is different now. The honesty is gone. Its too .. 'corporate' maybe? Thats probably the wrong word. Its just I'm not having fun listening to it. I do laugh sometimes but they're few and far between. The laugh per minute ratio is much much higher on the earwolf podcast shows without all the repetitious complaining, pre-screened sycophantic calls, and AGT stories.

Maybe I'll come back again when the AGT season is over .. which should be late September or so right?

As much as AGT sucks I still don't feel it over powers the show. The Robin Thicke interview in the past two weeks is a prime example of how the show can still be absolutely great.

Also High Pitch Eric yelling for Heidi at AGT. So funny.

I have to say I was feeling that way for a long time-and today I listened to Robin's birthday and when they interviewed her "shaman" and I was cracking up laughing like old times. That spark is gone pretty much now-but every now and then it pops up.

RangersFan

I've been feeling that way for a while. 3 events happened in quick succession that altered the show pretty drastically. Artie Lange leaving, Howard negotiating 3 day weeks, and AGT. AGT was truly Howard's ultimate sellout move. Many would say he sold out way before then, but my god AGT was pretty much where his need for public acceptance and sanitizing of his image met at a crossroads and exploded into what he is and the show is now.

Kuroyume

Banned
It's gotten to the point where you can't tell when he's on live anymore rather when the next vacation is coming. On vacation last week. Two days this week. On vacation next week? The fuck

Grinchy

Banned
I piss on my vacations!

Now that I'm in school again, walking around with the show loaded up in my phone is definitely appreciated. I really appreciate the show more when I'm doing something mundane like waiting on a bus or walking around. I've even noticed myself....laughing....if you can imagine this, Robin.

Side note, I am one of the weirdos who likes when David Arquette is on, but that phoner was so boring.

RangersFan

Apparently they're censoring old shows now. Today's "The Satellite Years," every "faggot" was censored or changed to "fuck it"...wow

gdt

Man, wtf ever happened with Eric's Real Doll. I wanted that so bad. Yeah yeah I know the measurer dude was an actor but who gives a fuck.

Is Riley still doing a show? I have no idea. Haven't heard his clips in awhile.

gdt

The F Emmy special was pretty good. Lots of great memories. I think the Rainbow Room incident might be my favorite thing ever.

Top Bottom