• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Wow. Imagine if you worked there. What would you do on the 4 "dark" days?

I would absolutely love to know what the non-creative guys do there all day when the studio is dark. You figure since July there's been 13 shows and 33 business days with no show. What have guys like Jason, Will, Stevie B, and Jon Hein been doing on those 33 spare days? Especially since Back Office Radio was taken away ("It's coming back you fuckers!") and Jon Hein and Jason are no longer allowed on Geek Time.

xclaw

I would absolutely love to know what the non-creative guys do there all day when the studio is dark. You figure since July there's been 13 shows and 33 business days with no show. What have guys like Jason, Will, Stevie B, and Jon Hein been doing on those 33 spare days? Especially since Back Office Radio was taken away ("It's coming back you fuckers!") and Jon Hein and Jason are no longer allowed on Geek Time.

I'd actually like to know the actual reasoning behind any of these politics.....

R2D4

Banned
I'd actually like to know the actual reasoning behind any of these politics.....

Howards still butt hurt from losing that Sirius lawsuit. He's probably pulling anything that is popular and would gain subscribers and doing the least amount of work he can until his contract is up.

RangersFan

Howards still butt hurt from losing that Sirius lawsuit. He's probably pulling anything that is popular and would gain subscribers and doing the least amount of work he can until his contract is up.

A lot of people think he'll walk after his contract is up. I honestly don't think there is anyway Howard leaves Sirius. I think he'll end up signing a 3-4 year extension and we'll get the same 3 day a week watered down shows that we've been getting the past few years until he retires. I just don't see him moving to a new medium like a podcast or internet show, he'd go back to terrestrial before he does a podcast which is highly unlikely as well. I just don't see him doing another big move with so few years left, I think Sirius is it.

xclaw

A lot of people think he'll walk after his contract is up. I honestly don't think there is anyway Howard leaves Sirius. I think he'll end up signing a 3-4 year extension and we'll get the same 3 day a week watered down shows that we've been getting the past few years until he retires. I just don't see him moving to a new medium like a podcast or internet show, he'd go back to terrestrial before he does a podcast which is highly unlikely as well. I just don't see him doing another big move with so few years left, I think Sirius is it.

With the quality of show's we're getting now..... I'd almost rather he just call it a day but I imagine the paycheck might be enough to drag him into the studio to keep hawking his other projects.

It's just sad these days.

RangersFan

anyone else listening to the fantasy football draft on 101 now? I hope is at least midly entertaining. gotta get some use out of my subscription.

edit: ok this is pretty entertaining, these intros are hilarious. and being a fantasy nerd this is pretty fun. way to let the staff actually do something entertaining on 101, Howard.

With the quality of show's we're getting now..... I'd almost rather he just call it a day but I imagine the paycheck might be enough to drag him into the studio to keep hawking his other projects.

It's just sad these days.

Other projects like rescuing stray cats, selling calenders and taking shitty pictures of Beth?

R2D4

Banned
Robins cancer story and why she's been away from the studio so long finally comes out. Glad George is there again.

xclaw

What a bloody snore, I'm over an hour into the replay and it's all just George's hard life, AGT, calandars and pet rescue... ugh... starting to really question if I should resub Sirius this November.

What a bloody snore, I'm over an hour into the replay and it's all just George's hard life, AGT, calandars and pet rescue... ugh... starting to really question if I should resub Sirius this November.

This is why I quit in August. Although I will say my resolve is weakening. I did listen to some of the F Emmy special which is pretty good. They put some thought and effort into it unlike most weeks they're off. My only complaint about is that most of the clips are so good that you dont want to just hear the snippet .. you want to hear the full thing. Especially the fights.

Some on SFN are saying that Robin planned her cancer announcement because her book is coming out soon. I can't comment since I haven't listened to that part of the show yet.

Some on SFN are saying that Robin planned her cancer announcement because her book is coming out soon. I can't comment since I haven't listened to that part of the show yet.

never a more vile den of cunts. except for the shit-turds on Dawg. of course those semi-literate, racist, and vile douchebags would suppose that.

Grinchy

Banned
Wait, why would someone not suppose that?

Robin began using Twitter again for the first time in a year the day before making the announcement. The announcement also coincides with her book coming out around the corner. Why would anyone be thinking otherwise? Of course she's timing this all out purposely.

R2D4

Banned
But her book is about cooking with vegetables and other healthy eating info. She had an 8 pound tumor. So you going to trust her about health?

Grinchy

Banned
I'm going to be first in line to buy it because when I hear about a product on the radio, TV, or the newspaper I run (not walk) to the nearest store to buy it!

smurfx

get some go again
Wait, why would someone not suppose that?

Robin began using Twitter again for the first time in a year the day before making the announcement. The announcement also coincides with her book coming out around the corner. Why would anyone be thinking otherwise? Of course she's timing this all out purposely.
i think robin wanted to break the news on the show before somebody got a hold of the book and broke the news elsewhere. robin doesn't want another place getting the news before the show.

Grinchy

Banned
Her story was pretty horrifying, and I really do feel bad for her, but the fact that it's all genuine doesn't change that she timed out her "reveal" to coincide with publicity for her book. Her book will very likely talk about how her diet is the reason she coped so well with treatments and how she inevitably became "cured."

I'm not even really saying there's anything wrong with that, either. It's just very obvious that it was timed out with purpose.

As soon as her house arrest is up.
I have to use this disclaimer all the time but I dont know whats true and what's not from dawgs but I did read speculation that she was involved in some sort of tax fraud and that's part of why she had to sell her house.

The tumor will be sitting in the Artie Chair all next week.

Still better than Shuli.
lol so true

Her story was pretty horrifying, and I really do feel bad for her, but the fact that it's all genuine doesn't change that she timed out her "reveal" to coincide with publicity for her book. Her book will very likely talk about how her diet is the reason she coped so well with treatments and how she inevitably became "cured."

I'm not even really saying there's anything wrong with that, either. It's just very obvious that it was timed out with purpose.

Yeah she had since May of 2012 to come out with this story and she does it now? Right as her book is coming out and her book tours are starting. Also is she claiming the diet cured her? Didn't she also say she's getting chemo and radiation treatments?

Grinchy

Banned
To be fair, I think she acknowledges the fact that western medecine saved her, but I think she's saying that her diet is a reason she responded so well to treatments that typically debilitate others.

To be fair, I think she acknowledges the fact that western medecine saved her, but I think she's saying that her diet is a reason she responded so well to treatments that typically debilitate others.

Eh-I'm not going to kick her while she's down. The whole story was really just a horror story, and I do feel bad for her. You could tell when she almost started to cry that this was just the worst thing-and I'm really surprised and pleased that Howard was there for her the entire time.

It was Western Medicine that saved her-but she had a remarkable recovery-I can't believe how well she responded to chemo.

slit

I have to use this disclaimer all the time but I dont know whats true and what's not from dawgs but I did read speculation that she was involved in some sort of tax fraud and that's part of why she had to sell her house.

There is no way that would have happened without it coming out despite rumors. She may have had a tax issue and had to pay a fine, but the arrest thing is BS.

There is no way that would have happened without it coming out despite rumors. She may have had a tax issue and had to pay a fine, but the arrest thing is BS.

Yeah I figured the arrest part had to be BS but because by now we would've had to have heard something from somewhere. Some leaked report from a police department or something. Anything.

RangersFan

LOL, HowardTV finally shutting down and switching to online format. LOL Howard, way to be "with the times." Several years too late as usual.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, I feel like HTV would have been pretty damn successful if they had been able to do a web subscription years ago.

Top Bottom