• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I'm wondering if the Howard TV thing is his choice or InDemand gave up on it. I can't imagine who would pay for that anymore. Its just video of the show, which is never on. And they barely have any other cnotent. I subscribed when it first started thinking they'd have E shows and there would be little discussion shows and all sorts of other content other than just the main show. I was dead wrong. I bailed after a month or so. And that was back when they were still doing 4 shows a week.

RangersFan

also it didn't help that HowardTV started just as youtube was going through wild west phase where basically all copyrighted material could be found easily on there

I'm wondering if the Howard TV thing is his choice or InDemand gave up on it. I can't imagine who would pay for that anymore. Its just video of the show, which is never on. And they barely have any other cnotent. I subscribed when it first started thinking they'd have E shows and there would be little discussion shows and all sorts of other content other than just the main show. I was dead wrong. I bailed after a month or so. And that was back when they were still doing 4 shows a week.

Remember Howard hyping bowling for beauties or whatever it was called? It was so sad.

So I read on dawgs that there's a promo running on Sirius saying that Howard is 'all in' on the show and it lists all the great stuff coming up. If that's true, isn't that admitting that he ignores the show while doing AGT and hasn't been giving the show his full attention?

Nuklear

Banned
Holy shit today on the show. The smegma stache was so hilarious but very gross at the same time. I don't even want to see any pictures of it because it's so gross.

Metallica was great and Jenny was ok.

Nuklear

Banned
Man I really wanted Howard to shut up during some of the stories with James Caan today. Richard Simmons brought it today and madeHoward really uncomfortable. That was some gold there. The JGL interview was really good too. He seems like a really nice guy.

Grinchy

Banned
Metallica sounded good in studio. Their Sirius concert and appearance has put me in a weird mood of listening to a ton of Metallica lately. People probably talk shit about Death Magnetic, but I love the album.

Xanadu

Banned
Metallica sounded good in studio. Their Sirius concert and appearance has put me in a weird mood of listening to a ton of Metallica lately. People probably talk shit about Death Magnetic, but I love the album.

its probably their best album since the black album, but still it has nothing on the first 4

Grinchy

Banned
That's weird. Her book is scheduled to release on Tuesday (according to Amazon). I'm sure the timing is a complete coincidence.

Does sarcasm translate well into text?

RangersFan

howard sidestepping the tim sabean issue today was ridiculous. jerry o'connell and the rest of the internet knows he was fired from thhs, but howard trying to sugar coat it by saying he was "promoted" by sirius, lol. just be honest howard, i actually applaud you for firing him, as entertaining as he was to goof on he wasn't the brightest guy to have running your channels.

edit: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Dominic-Barbara-Long-Island-Attorney-Arrested-225799381.html
Dominic Barbara got arrested again lol

I just realized how much Robin must despise Valerie Harper for one-upping her on cancer publicity. Maybe she'll go on that horrible dancing show next year and do as well as she did on Jeopardy.

mqdefault.jpg

RangersFan

^exactly, she ate unhealthy all her life then suddenly goes on a fad diet, loses some weight and then preaches to everyone and anyone in the office, including many who never had weight issues and/or eaten healthy all their lives, on how they should be eating.

Nuklear

Banned
^exactly, she ate unhealthy all her life then suddenly goes on a fad diet, loses some weight and then preaches to everyone and anyone in the office, including many who never had weight issues and/or eaten healthy all their lives, on how they should be eating.

IC...

What's the address to send JD a spoon?

I hope the JD and Beth dates goes well. I would hope she would fuck JD just so we can see Howard explode but that'll never happen sadly.

I've been enjoying the shows more since last week, but pencil me in on wanting 0 Beth talk, even if it means missing out on more JD.

Jerry O'Connell was great. Benjy's line during the WUS that got brushed over actually made me laugh: "you're asking about things that will make you disappear."

RangersFan

I've been enjoying the shows more since last week, but pencil me in on wanting 0 Beth talk, even if it means missing out on more JD.

Jerry O'Connell was great. Benjy's line during the WUS that got brushed over actually made me laugh: "you're asking about things that will make you disappear."
Jerry O'Connell is truly the voice of the fans. I would have loved to see Gary's face during that WUS when Jerry was talking about BOR and the 3 day weeks etc.

also:
10-02-13-robin-quivers-returns-pic-321.vault.jpg

Its unfortunate that it transparently was on the week of her book release but I too am glad to have her back. Now lets get someone in that Artie chair! Jackie will do it for a hot meal at this point.

Its unfortunate that it transparently was on the week of her book release but I too am glad to have her back. Now lets get someone in that Artie chair! Jackie will do it for a hot meal at this point.

Honestly why are you glad that she is "back"? She is terrible as a newswomen and offers nothing to the show comically. It's also a joke that Robin is basically off-limits from being scrutinized which adds to her insane narcissism already.

I am forced to listen to other content given the schedule of the HSS and when I listen to the Adam Carolla Podcast, his female side-kick is witty, knows when to inject her opinion and offers a whole lot more to his show than Robin ever did.

slit

God, Robin gets waaaay too much shit. Regardless of how you feel about her, Howard needs her. For whatever reason, he would be lost without her. Does she do kooky things? Yes, without a doubt, but to hear some people talk you would think she burns children at the stake during her free time.

Top Bottom