• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Pretty sure that was on purpose, given how he immediately went to negative callers combined with the constant rumblings[1] about their marriage being misery for the last few years. He's used the show to dig at personal issues in the past, no reason to think he's above it now.

[1]: Lots of unsubstantiated rumors, but most damning recently was the stuff on http://smodcast.com/episodes/get-up-off-this-5-w-nate-corddry/ after Rob Corddry's brother discussed how awful/awkward the fight with Benjy was (Stern talk starts at ~1:19:00).

Interesting audio for sure

Xanadu

Banned
Yeah I'm certain Artie won't be on again after Gary recently pretended to not know that Artie wanted to be on the show and the same day its revealed that Gary not only knew but had read Artie's book.

And is that Rachel Fine in that picture? Kinda looks like her but kinda doesn't.

its definitely her, look at those knockers

Elaborate please?

Reaction seems mixed. Lots of "trying too hard" and "over the top" floating around, along with people who say it was still the funniest thing to float out of the studio in years.

I'm sure it'll be ok. Even if it's not, the show desperately needs another voice in the room. Especially now that Robin is back on ISDN for the second week in a row right after promoting her book everywhere by saying that her cancer was cured.

Nuklear

Banned
I'm disappointed Howard did bust Jackie's balls more over him using his jokes as a form of payment. The reading of Robin's book I thought was pretty stupid and wasn't funny.

Reaction seems mixed. Lots of "trying too hard" and "over the top" floating around, along with people who say it was still the funniest thing to float out of the studio in years.

I'm sure it'll be ok. Even if it's not, the show desperately needs another voice in the room. Especially now that Robin is back on ISDN for the second week in a row right after promoting her book everywhere by saying that her cancer was cured.

Wait .. he wasn't on as a guest? He was sitting in?

Grinchy

Banned
I'm pretty behind on the show. Jackie sits in for a whole day? Can I taste yo juice??

I want him to sit in for a whole week. I have to assume it would be a little awkward at first and he'd need time to readjust. Once he's comfortable, proper ball busting could resume.

I'm pretty behind on the show. Jackie sits in for a whole day? Can I taste yo juice??

I want him to sit in for a whole week. I have to assume it would be a little awkward at first and he'd need time to readjust. Once he's comfortable, proper ball busting could resume.

I can't wait to hear him laugh super loud at his own jokes again.

Wait .. he wasn't on as a guest? He was sitting in?

Nah, he'd never be allowed to grace the Shuli chair.

I wish they'd let _anyone_ sit in (other than Shuli of course). Even if a decentish guest (like Jackie or Gilbert if he's ever allowed on again) could stay for the news to and spice that up a bit.

Grinchy

Banned
I even enjoy when they had David Arquette sit in for a week. Anything to mix things up and add some energy to the tired show.

Nuklear

Banned
Nah, he'd never be allowed to grace the Shuli chair.

I wish they'd let _anyone_ sit in (other than Shuli of course). Even if a decentish guest (like Jackie or Gilbert if he's ever allowed on again) could stay for the news to and spice that up a bit.

Shuli ruins the Jay Thomas Show. I love Jay but Shuli is just terrible. I can't listen to Jay's show.

RangersFan

I always look forward to these contests, these are generally my favorite shows but today I dunno. Maybe I was out of it or not paying attention enough but I was really bored with it. And I usually love these get _____ laid contests.

KaHq1RV.jpg

http://www.novelrank.com/asin/1583334734

Sorry I chuckled. Don't see why we need nutrition advice from someone who looks like an egg. Glad whatever she did helped her beat cancer tho.

RangersFan

Fucking idiot caller today asks about Artie coming in, Howard is finally gonna answer something and like idiot callers do they talk over Howard when he's trying to answer and fucks it up.

you start it yet? I downloaded to my kindle this morning, plan to read a good portion of it tonight before bed.

Not yet. I needed to finish off The Black Company, which I anticipate doing tonight. Once I'm done with that I'll get started immediately and provide spoilered highlights.

Two hours and about a third of the way through Artie's book. So far I'm liking this a lot more than Too Fat to Fish. This seems more genuine. Its funny, poignant, and heartfelt. And while some of the stories he tells we know already, in this book he tells the raw, real side of how stuff happened as opposed to sugar coating it or trying to fix it up for the biggest punchline possible like it seems like he did sometimes in Too Fat to Fish.

My biggest takeaways so far:
1. Howard not only knew Artie was still on drugs three months before his suicide attempt but had Don Buchwald involved to try to intervene. I'm not assigning the slightest bit of blame whatsoever on Howard but now its documented that its complete bullshit when he tried to play the naive innocent and claim he had no idea Artie was back on heroin. And as I assumed, this revelation is probably the reason why Gary 'didn't know Artie wanted to come back on the show'.

2. Artie was so desperate that at one point he puked up a bunch of percosets onto the rim of a portapotty toilet and picks them out and saves them for later.

3. The 'falling on the dresser' incident was due to Artie taking so much drugs he blacked out .. something he says would happen frequently. Especially when he would preload himself with drugs to get him through the entire weekend assuming he had to travel.

4. Teddy is a terrible, terrible assistant and sounds like a generally lazy person. (Artie seems to focus on Teddy a lot actually. Most of his stories involve him somehow.)

5. Colin Quinn and Norm MacDonald are awesome.

So, today was the last day for Gange, Ritchie, and others from HTV and Howard didn't even acknowledge it?

What a scumbag.

From what I was gathering from the posts on dawgs, it sounds like Ritchie was a little pissed about it. I have a feeling these guys are all baited with something like "There could be a big opportunity coming for you very soon" so they're kept on a leash but he seems to see through it if that's the case.

From what I was gathering from the posts on dawgs, it sounds like Ritchie was a little pissed about it. I have a feeling these guys are all baited with something like "There could be a big opportunity coming for you very soon" so they're kept on a leash but he seems to see through it if that's the case.

I was wondering why Gange had to call in to give his insight on working with Dave Herman on Monday's show. Wonder if Scott Depace is gone too?

RangersFan

I was wondering why Gange had to call in to give his insight on working with Dave Herman on Monday's show. Wonder if Scott Depace is gone too?
I'm pretty sure Goodstein and Depace are safe being the producer and director for whatever HTV ends up transitioning to. That's what pretty much happened last time with the move from E! to inDemand.

Grinchy

Banned
My biggest takeaways so far:
4. Teddy is a terrible, terrible assistant and sounds like a generally lazy person. (Artie seems to focus on Teddy a lot actually. Most of his stories involve him somehow.)

As much as I don't like him, I do have to wonder what kind of moron would hire a kid with no experience as an assistant to be his assistant.

RangersFan

As much as I don't like him, I do have to wonder what kind of moron would hire a kid with no experience as an assistant to be his assistant.

Teddy kind of "lucked out" and fell into the role. I remember listening to the shows around their move to satellite, Artie is a lazy fuck. He would toss around $500 to interns to do easy tasks like fill his ipod with music. I remember there was a lot of jealousy in the back office when Teddy became Artie's main helper and was profiting heavily off him.

I'm sorry, but I still to this day seem to be the only one who was on Artie's side during the whole Teddy blowup. Artie had some legit complaints and Teddy's apathy to things such as leaving his passport in the copy machine when they were due on a flight to Amsterdam is unacceptable. Sure Artie overreacted, but I remember watching in on HTV later and being just as mad as Artie was at Teddy's stupid face when Artie was pointing out things. Ultimately yeah, Artie was just too generous and soft with Teddy's fuckups and people in general. And it just boiled up to a breaking point.

RangersFan

Wrap up was good today.I think they should make it a thing to talk about things other than mon-wed shows since they already do that on those days wrap ups.

Saw the news that Howard is gonna have a big live birthday show on the night of January 31st.

Yeah, when I heard he teased a big announcement Monday I was hoping for something that would actually improve the show. A one-time gift wankfest from Sirius to Howard three months from now was a letdown.

I still enjoy keeping up with Howard Stern Show even if show feels painfully obvious sometimes.
I appreciate the way the show has changed,

I still prefer to listen to the Stern Show Shuffle in general & to get to myself to sleep.

I thought The Artie Show was alright & even better was the Norm show live, I would love for the both of them to combine a show to make it essential.

RangersFan

man artie killed on conan last night. good to seem him looking good. he looks clean, shaven, and seems to be dropping weight slow but steady. it also kind of sucks he's been in and out of the sirius building every other day doing every how BUT thss to promote Crash and Burn.

Never listened to Artie on Howard Stern as I started listening in mid 2011, but bought his new book and read it one day. Really fucking good. He has had quite the life.

Never listened to Artie on Howard Stern as I started listening in mid 2011, but bought his new book and read it one day. Really fucking good. He has had quite the life.

Have you read Too Fat to Fish yet? The stories in that are all rehashes of stories he told on air but that's where the real doozies are.

Top Bottom