• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Jeanne D'arc Thread - SRPG goodness from Level5 for 29.99$

the-iek

Lain said:
It is 40€ in Europe?
Glad I am importing it then if so.
nah, there's no release date set for europe yet. i have to import it, which makes it a bit more expensive than picking it up at a local store in america ;(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If anybody missed out on the free EB/GS demo or couldn't download it, Sony is mailing out the demo. Visit the official site and click on "Get A Free UMD Demo" on the lower left.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Woo-Fu said:
What is the deal with Level 5 and that frog/toad? Is it a Japanese thing to associate an amphibian with weapon/item synthesis?

He's cute though. For a frog....thing.

I'm far too lazy to read all 4 pages of this thread to find out if anyone else thought so, but I thought this was about the rock band before I saw screenshots. :) Hey, Gackt had a game too, you never know these things!

Gendal

Does anybody know if this has an option similar to Dungeon and Dragons Tactics "Chess Mode"? One of my big hang ups with turn based tactic rpg games is the crazy long animations. After a few battles even the 3 second animations irritate the crap out of me, and god give me patience on the enemy turns. Loving DDT because Chess mode eliminates all that crap, and just lets me concentrate on the game play.

Tiktaalik

Damn this game looks hot. Too bad it's going to get Bioshocked. I'll try to pick it up, but no guarantees.

Oh god this fall is going to be rough.

Radius

Elios83 said:
Any word on the european release? :(

It' been on Sony Germany's release list for a while, with a Q4 2007 date but strangely it doesn't look like they will be showing it at the Games Convention...

mint

Banned
yea gonna get my copy . heres some fanart
jeanne.jpg

Median

I may quickly run up to a game store downtown Toronto if I manage to get out of work early enough to see if I can get it, otherwise I'm waiting 'till later this week. I'd get it with Bioshock but new releases don't tend to make it to my town until a day later. I have to say, I was getting my ass kicked in the demo (I suck lol) but when I decided to give it another play, I actually managed to play a little more strategically and not only did I win, but it was much more fun.

chemicals

hell... I have a close friend that is buying a PSP for this game. Good stuff.. I hope the PSP really improves with the revamp and if it does, I'll f-ing get one for myself.

oBa

For those in the s.f. bay area and want the game a day early, the PlayStation store has this in stock today.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Gonna try to pick this and Dragoneer's Aria up tomorrow. It's now or never, since I have an early morning flight on Thursday and will be out of town for a few weeks... (Metroid!!!! Nooooooooo!!)

Tiktaalik

This game is going to get MASSIVELY overlooked. A huge percentage of my office got Bioshock. I mentioned how Jeanne D'arc was going to get overlooked to someone, and they said "what?"

I really wish I could get this game as it looks great, but there's no way I'd be able to get around to it anytime soon.... I might just cave and get it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Tiktaalik said:
This game is going to get MASSIVELY overlooked. A huge percentage of my office got Bioshock. I mentioned how Jeanne D'arc was going to get overlooked to someone, and they said "what?"

This will be one of those games that people will ignore, but then when they find out how good it is they will jack up the resale price to unreasonable levels.

icecream

Public Health Threat
It isn't an Atlus game... I think it'll do just fine. The more people that stumble upon it, all the better.

Sallokin

Eugh I called up my local Gamestop asking for this game and after talking to three employees I was told it "doesn't exist." I even spelled the fucking name out for each of them and still nothing. Is it really that hard to understand for some people?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Sallokin said:
Eugh I called up my local Gamestop asking for this game and after talking to three employees I was told it "doesn't exist." I even spelled the fucking name out for each of them and still nothing. Is it really that hard to understand for some people?

Same thing here in New York. Many places dont even have orders. WTF SONY a little more hype Please!!!!! Biggest PSP title of the month and retailers dont even know it exist!!!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Sallokin said:

It is in french, and people are stupid.

How hard is it to spell Jeanne D'arc?

Jiggy

To be honest, I'm kind of glad this game has been getting alternating 9s and 8s from different reviewers. Most games I really enjoy tend to score that way, for whatever reason.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, as a person whose never played FFTactics, Disgaea or this, what should I start with? Haven't got the time to indulge in 3 srpgs!

nice one mint, you drew both?>

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
spindoc said:
Seriously, as a person whose never played FFTactics, Disgaea or this, what should I start with? Haven't got the time to indulge in 3 srpgs!

nice one mint, you drew both?>
FFTactics outclasses the other 2... but on the other hand the learning curve is horrible, a true newbie killer (thats the PSX ver., dont know about the new one). I'd say go for JdA.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
5 stores in NY (Manhattan and Brooklyn) and I totally struck out with this and Dragoneer's Aria. I really wanted both for tomorrow morning's flight. :(

mint

Banned
game is really good. Its a solid SRPG for PSP. Anime cutscenes are cool, and the story seems pretty interesting considering its coming from a history background. Graphics are stellar, especially the water. Colorful and vibrant. They shouldve added more music though. And, characters are kind of limited.

I miss good FFT music.

Top Bottom