• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Catching Them All (Again)

• Thread starter Deleted member 21120
  • Start date

Captain N

One more quick question! I was wondering what the boys name? I will probably just go ahead and name him that.

How old is everyone else? I don't like being that old guy playing Pokemon. I'm 25

Wilsongt

23 and I'll be going to pick it up in about an hour or so, but will probably be juggling it between Suikoden DS, Shining Force Feather, and grad school. :lol

mattso

Captain N said:
One more quick question! I was wondering what the boys name? I will probably just go ahead and name him that.

How old is everyone else? I don't like being that old guy playing Pokemon. I'm 25

on my way to go try to pick this up in a few. Hopefully there won't be any problems.

Captain N

mattso said:

on my way to go try to pick this up in a few. Hopefully there won't be any problems.

My local Gamestop got tons of extra copies, but no extra figures. I passed on the guide for now. I am starting to think I should just go for it.

mattso

Captain N said:
My local Gamestop got tons of extra copies, but no extra figures. I passed on the guide for now. I am starting to think I should just go for it.
I feel like I'll be able to get by on serebii's website, that's all I ever used for diamond

Captain N

mattso said:
I feel like I'll be able to get by on serebii's website, that's all I ever used for diamond

There is a booklet inside the game case that says 'Rotom Changes form in Pokemon Platinum Version!'

It says you'll get a special code...do we get that right away or well does serebii's have anything about that?

Teknoman

Captain N said:

23, other people in my family and people that I know on all sides of the age spectrum that are still interested in the main series games. Dont worry about it, fun is fun.

Also wow...they really pulled off a dark / weird feel with the Distortion world music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQgHfVEGtk&feature=PlayList&p=D632B8CFCC8B4C86&index=23
(just a music clip)

Teknoman

Captain N said:
There is a booklet inside the game case that says 'Rotom Changes form in Pokemon Platinum Version!'

It says you'll get a special code...do we get that right away or well does serebii's have anything about that?

Well there was this:

23m7gg4.jpg

NoA/NoE better not pull some no wi-fi mystery gift crap...but im not sure where you would enter a special code anyway. Any way you can scan that?

Captain N

Teknoman said:
Well there was this:

NoA/NoE better not pull some no wi-fi mystery gift crap...but im not sure where you would enter a special code anyway. Any way you can scan that?[/QUOTE]

I just finished reading the booklet and it explains how to get them with a few different steps in the game. You need to talk to the tv Producer on the third floor of Jubilife TV in Jubilife City.

serebii must be overloaded!

Ravidrath

Hmm, there hasn't been any news about updating Pokemon Ranch in the U.S. yet, has there?

Also, lame: the GameStop I preordered it at doesn't open for another two hours.

Teknoman

Ravidrath said:
Hmm, there hasn't been any news about updating Pokemon Ranch in the U.S. yet, has there?

Not that I know of, but anywhere else?

Anyway, if they aren't doing wi-fi mystery gifts for Rotom forms...I hope they do it for Darkrai, Arceus, and the rest...because just not using the function at all is ridiculous.

Captain N

Teknoman said:
Not that I know of, but anywhere else?

Anyway, if they aren't doing wi-fi mystery gifts for Rotom forms...I hope they do it for Darkrai, Arceus, and the rest...because just not using the function at all is ridiculous.

that is how they're doing the different Rotom forms.

Captain N said:
Wait so the only way to change Rotom's form is to go into that room, and the only way to get into that room is to have that key, which is not in the game at all?

Seems like they would have to give it over Mystery Gift, or that whole Rotom feature in the US is pointless.

Teknoman

Captain N said:

Wait so they are using wi-fi mystery gift or they arent? I'm confused... I was pretty sure they were going to use it since you cant get the forms through "conventional gameplay".

leroidys

Captain N said:

Do you feel embarrassed playing final fantasy? Just tell people that you've never seen the cartoon or something. Its just an rpg... that kids happen to love.

Captain N

HOW DO YOU GET THE SECRET KEY OVER NINTENDO WFC?

1 Go talk to the TV Producer on the third floor of Jubilife TV in Jubilife City.

2 Answer his questions with words from a list shown to the right. Then save the game and restart the Nintendo DS system.

all it says is Everyone or Happy and next time you sign on WFC you should have the secret key.

Teknoman

t9ckkk.jpg

There is a english version screen at the bottom, so i'm pretty sure you need to do a mystery gift wi-fi exchange in all versions.

Also yeah, just remembered you get mystery gift functionality from Jubilife :lol false alarm on my part.

Captain N said:
HOW DO YOU GET THE SECRET KEY OVER NINTENDO WFC?

1 Go talk to the TV Producer on the third floor of Jubilife TV in Jubilife City.

2 Answer his questions with words from a list shown to the right. Then save the game and restart the Nintendo DS system.

all it says is Everyone or Happy and next time you sign on WFC you should have the secret key.

:lol yeah just normal mystery gift unlock for people who dont know how. It's been awhile since I did that, and got the wrong idea from what you posted before.

ntb825

Turning 24 soon and I just got home with my game, strategy guide (which is fucking HUGE! Bigger than Oblivion!), and Giratina Figurine.

Been playing Pokemon since 6th grade.

Captain N

ntb825 said:
Turning 24 soon and I just got home with my game, strategy guide (which is fucking HUGE! Bigger than Oblivion!), and Giratina Figurine.

Been playing Pokemon since 6th grade.

I remember getting the first Pokemon on day 1 and falling in love with it. I have gotten every single Pokemon game ever since...I never did get into the card game which has a new Platinum series of cards out now. Did anyone here ever get into the card game?

Captain N said:
I remember getting the first Pokemon on day 1 and falling in love with it. I have gotten every single Pokemon game ever since...I never did get into the card game which has a new Platinum series of cards out now. Did anyone here ever get into the card game?
Card games are bad. They suck money and time.

When I was a wee lad me and all my friends got into the card game. We never actually played the game, all we did was collect. Its kinda cool because I have a huge binger filled with the original cards, but looking back it was pretty dumb.

Teknoman

Played the card game for awhile when it released...even then that was for like a month. After that I just started collecting and trading em with other people...selling em too making "custom" booster packs :D

EDIT: Yeah i've still got my binder...unfortunately, no comic store buys em anymore. I remember when you could get around 100 bucks for a Charizard holographic card.

mjc

So is it possible to catch Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander in this one? I haven't played Pokemon since Gold/Silver.

(Nobody responded before :( )

mattso

just got it.

Time to get to where I can catch me some bidoofs to trade to my diamond and get my shiny bulbasaur and co.
mjc said:
So is it possible to catch Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander in this one? I haven't played Pokemon since Gold/Silver.

(Nobody responded before :( )

no but I'm sure you can find someone on here to trade them to you

I have plenty of bulbasaurs and can breed the other 2

mjc

mattso said:
just got it.

Time to get to where I can catch me some bidoofs to trade to my diamond and get my shiny bulbasaur and co.

no but I'm sure you can find someone on here to trade them to you

I have plenty of bulbasaurs and can breed the other 2

Ah, cool thanks.

mattso

mjc said:
Ah, cool thanks.
no problem

The chimchar I got is jolly and "quick to flee" which if I remember right means good things

Not that it matters much for the main game but it makes me happy :D

turning 24 in june and i love pokemon.

...and i'm fucking pissed i have to wait till i get my DSi to play this

i wish i had never traded in my ds....

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Teknoman said:
By faster do you mean animation speed or just amount of menus you have to go through?

Animation Speed mainly....

Travado said:
Yes. It's not like Pokemon XD yet, but is faster than Diamond/Pearl.

ah, thx...hmm...which means i`ll probably have to pick it up on pal release...

Teknoman

Alot of the move animations have been sped up/improved, but im not sure which.

Captain N said:
what should be the boys friend/rivals name?

Zack? I dunno :lol I always name my rival Zack for some reason.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Captain N said:
what should be the boys friend/rivals name?
I always just choose the first default that happens to be an actual name (Gary instead of Blue, Barry instead of Diamond, etc).

Teknoman said:
Alot of the move animations have been sped up/improved, but im not sure which.
The animation speed was never the problem. You can turn those off anyway. It's everything else that drags the game down to a nearly unplayable pace (X used Sandstorm! -> The sandstorm rages! -> X is buffeted by the Sandstorm! -> Y is sbuffeted by the Sandstorm! -> X recovers a little with Leftovers! -> Y recovers a little with Leftovers -> Repeat for EVERY FUCKING TURN!)

7Th

Why would anyone complain about battle speed in D/P when you can just turn-off all animations and make them as fast-paced as you want them to be?

mattso

woops. Realized I wanted to trade myself over 6 pokemon which leaves no room for chimchar.

Now I have to decide which to cut: pichu or tyrogue.. decisions decisions

first gotta catch one more bidoof first to finish trading

think for now I'll stick with tyrogue, see which hitmon___ I end up with and go from there

Jiggy

7Th said:
Why would anyone complain about battle speed in D/P when you can just turn-off all animations and make them as fast-paced as you want them to be?
As fast-paced as I want them to be is Guadia Quest or Dragon Quest DS remake territory, which is probably about four or five times faster than D/P.

19 here and I've owned every single Pokemon version since Red & Blue. Undoubtedly my favorite RPG series.

I'm in the Oreburgh mines now and my team currently is Turtwig (11), Chimchar (12), Piplup (11), and Starly (11). Traded over Chimchar and Piplup babies from my Diamond and Pearl versions. They were the offspring of my original starters in those respective versions. Loved the idea, myself.

Planning to actually catch 'em all in this one. Currently have caught all wild Pokemon I can up to this point except Abra and Kricketot. Pokedex is at 18. :D

And I'm loving the increased battle speed in this one (and if it isn't, it certainly feels like it to me). Back sprites having animation now is a cool touch, too.

Top Bottom