• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Magnus said:
Definitely employed the tank-swallow technique, still didn't seem to make the soft spot emerge.

Also, I think I'm having trouble differentiating between three things -- orange spots, the orange/pink soft targets on the arms, and the actual orange orb targets that appear after certain fire attacks. It's the first type of orange spots I'm not clear on really.

Fuck :lol

Yeah, it's pretty hard, I ended with no ammo at all, and my partner had to do most of the job while i was carrying the flamethrower and burning that motherfucker every chance I had. Just blow up every orange/pink spot you see and the burn that motherfucker, then the tentacles with the orbs will appear.I think there's a spot which it's not as clear and it's the upper part/head of the monster, so try that too.

Is there a button mapped to quick combine items? I know you can use x to quick move but I could have sworn I saw someone quick combining weapons.

KevinCow

Banned
Mercenaries aside due to the fact that I fail miserably at it, what's the best way to get points? Running through stages and getting 2000 points at a time seems like it'll take way too long.

neoism

OK WTF:lol :lol I was playing my under 5 hours run and was at the wastelands in chapter 3-1 and I beat it and you have
unlocked infinite rocket launcher
came on the screen:lol I guess it just subtracted from my previous time. I was soo surprised!:lol

Victrix

*beard*
KevinCow said:
Mercenaries aside due to the fact that I fail miserably at it, what's the best way to get points? Running through stages and getting 2000 points at a time seems like it'll take way too long.

Just play more mercs. You'll suck at it for awhile, then it'll click and you'll start raking in the points. Plus it's a shitload of fun once you figure it out. Don't stress over the time limit, just explore the maps, find the time bonuses and combo time boxes, then go to town on the zombahs.

Narcosis

neoism said:
OK WTF:lol :lol I was playing my under 5 hours run and was at the wastelands in chapter 3-1 and I beat it and you have
unlocked infinite rocket launcher
came on the screen:lol I guess it just subtracted from my previous time. I was soo surprised!:lol

That's what's so good about RE5's chapter select and rewards system: you can play anything from chapter select in any order you want and it shows you what your cumulative time for each chapter, subchapter and how many BSAA you have. it's great they designed it like that.

Autofokus

Toonami 99 said:
Is there a button mapped to quick combine items? I know you can use x to quick move but I could have sworn I saw someone quick combining weapons.
If I remember right, I wanted to switch the position of two different herbs in my inventory and they got automatically combined. So it should be Square/X.

Thrakier

Pojo said:
The blacks are not black in the slightest, and it's clearly intentional. It's like the blacks crush everything else, and I'm playing it on a Sony CRT.

Yeah, that's true. On the first look this games seems to be very pleasing to the eyes in comparison to those high contrast engines like UT3. And it's ok in the daylight areas for the most time. But inside a building the game starts to look very pale AND it's crushing the blacks, which is imo very strange. A game which has a good balance between contrats and naturaly to the eyes is for example the first stages Killzone 2, but sadly it's not like that in every stage.

But that really hinders my enjoyment of the graphics quite a bit. There is so much great stuff in there, lighting is fine for the most time, great character and enviroment detail...but the contrast of the picture is messed up.

It's definitely a design choice, and one that I honestly don't understand. But hey, what do I know. Between this and the audio that appears to have been taken inside of a fish tank, I thought my game was messed up at first. Feels so cheap.

Yep, that's true. Noticed that aswell in the cutscenes. The voices aren't very clear.

tass0

Banned
Argg, what the HELL is wrong with the game!i!i! I keep finishing the chapters that I supposedely didn't complete before, and they still remain unlocked! dieeee

Daigoro

Magnus said:
Definitely employed the tank-swallow technique, still didn't seem to make the soft spot emerge.

Also, I think I'm having trouble differentiating between three things -- orange spots, the orange/pink soft targets on the arms, and the actual orange orb targets that appear after certain fire attacks. It's the first type of orange spots I'm not clear on really.

Fuck :lol

take the arms off and then you can use the flamethrower on it for massive damage without getting smacked.

Victrix

*beard*
I keep hearing complaints about the audio, but I never noticed anything even slightly bad - this is with HDMI/optical on the 360. Is there something going on with the PS3 version, or other audio hookups that are distorting the audio?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
DevelopmentArrested said:
we're you the one blatantly trolling this game before it was released?
anyways... it's a fantastic game but not better than re4 was at the time.

re5 does have amazing replay value though. getting s ranks is addictive and so is unlocking and upgrading all the weapons; finding the emblems and treasures, etc.

NeoGAF: Don't criticize any game. It's trolling.

K' Dash

zombieshavebrains said:
I would like to see these too.

ThirstyFly said:
Are there any Mercs videos with default Chris & Sheva getting s-ranks? All I can find are the more powerful characters.

All I can get is B rank in public assembly, I tried to look for videos on youtube last night, but they were all with
Wesker
or the other overpowered bastards, it doesn't help that I actually suck at mercs....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheCardPlayer said:
NeoGAF: Don't criticize any game. It's trolling.
WORST THAN RE0! PREORDER CANCELLED! SOMETHING JUST FEELS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!

but yeah you guys I know I'll love it.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Rez said:
WORST THAN RE0! PREORDER CANCELLED! SOMETHING JUST FEELS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!

but yeah you guys I know I'll love it.

NeoGAF: No really, don't you dare criticize a game I like.

Thrakier

Victrix said:
I keep hearing complaints about the audio, but I never noticed anything even slightly bad - this is with HDMI/optical on the 360. Is there something going on with the PS3 version, or other audio hookups that are distorting the audio?

No, it's just you not noticing it. ;) That's the way it always was and will be. If I say the blacks are shitty and get crushed and the contrast situation in this game is...strange...most of you guys will say "WTF I don't know what you are talking about" and a small amount of people will understand. ;)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheCardPlayer said:
Don't flatter yourself. Saying you "criticized" the game implies that you opened up some interesting discussion, or pointed out things that worried you.

What you did was act like a whiny bitch.

You could do Chapter 2-3. It only takes 6 minutes or so and isn't too difficult on Veteran. An S will give you 2000pts. But it's boring to do. At least Mercenaries can be fun.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I think the flamethrower only works when they aren't orange spots on the body, so you must blow up those spots with normal weapons (or incendiary granades) and the use the flamethrower, you can use too the explosive tanks, wait until the creature swallow the tank and then made it explode
I can't remember if rocket launchers are available at that point in the game, but they will give you a 1 hit kill.

KevinCow said:
Mission 6-2. Using a high powered magnum (you have infinite on one of them, right?) you can beat the stage in about 4 minutes. 3 minutes if you have an infinite launcher. The boss goes down in 3 hits with the infinite launcher.

bmf said:
I can't remember if rocket launchers are available at that point in the game, but they will give you a 1 hit kill.

They are and it's a good solution, but it's cheap, I never used them on RE4 on my first playthrough (only when I got the infinite rocket launcher but only for pure explosive fun)

Relaxed Muscle said:
They are and it's a good solution, but it's cheap, I never used them on RE4 on my first playthrough (only when I got the infinite rocket launcher but only for pure explosive fun)
The reason that I suggest it is that that particular boss took me about 45 minutes the first play through on normal. I've beaten him 3 times with normal weapons, but I'm still not entirely sure of all of triggers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the noise filter that is unlocked once Veteran is completed actually makes the game look better. Try it out, if you haven't.

DoomGyver

I just bought this game and downloading the update now. Will try to ignore controls and appreciate the game while having fun.

EDIT: Anybody need a co-op partner starting from the beginning?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Full Recovery said:
I just bought this game and downloading the update now. Will try to ignore controls and appreciate the game while having fun.

EDIT: Anybody need a co-op partner starting from the beginning?
I'd play with you now, but I have the 360 version. I'd imagine you got the PS3 version?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm plenty hardcore! My wallet, on the other-hand, not so much. :D

Teknoman

Rez said:
Wow, the noise filter that is unlocked once Veteran is completed actually makes the game look better. Try it out, if you haven't.

I think i'll play through pro co-op with noise mode on. Not sure when i'll do that though, since I need to play mercs co-op for the first time as well.

Nikorasu

Rez said:

Hah, yeah. All the filters are actually really cool. I was apprehensive about trying them because the screenshots look dreadful and not at all representative of how they actually appear in-game.

Daigoro

TheCardPlayer said:

you are a bonifide idiot. go back and read some of your stupid ass posts and then come back and apologize for your behavior.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
1000/1000! :D

I also now have SS ranks on 5 different stages, and am around the 400 range on the leaderboards for those levels. I still can't get it on Mines, Experimental Facility, and especially Prison yet, but soon I should be able to nail it. I've still only been able to wipe all 150 out on Public Assembly, I guess it has the most basic region split of all the maps.

Nemesis_

Full Recovery said:
Yeah PS3, Rez you're not hardcore unless you buy BOTH versions.

What a failure.
I bought the US Collector's, Japanesse e-Capcom edition and two Asian limited editions (PS3 and 360).

Wallet am cry =(

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I'm going to say it now. Even if RE5 isn't perfect in peoples eyes. Even if you thought RE4 was better. If you can't say you had a blast playing this game. I honestly want to check your pulse. Your simply not alive.:lol
Not really...
The game sucks. It's interessting that I realized through RE5 how much RE4 actually had in common with the old REs - and how little RE5 has. I tried to play RE5 again this night, but I really had to give it up again because after approx. 30 min I was simply bored. I really started to think that I maybe played RE4 way to often and am sick of the gameplay now. But guess what? I pick up RE4 (GC-Version) again, play it for 3 hours straight and have to force myself to stop playing it. This is crazy! Although I already played that game through a dozend times I still have to force myself to stop playing it.... RE4 is just flawless. RE5 is just... well.. not.

j-wood

Tell me guys, is the game worth purchasing? I really like RE4, but heard this one doesn't really have the scary elements anymore. I do have a friend that has it, so I would be playing co-op, and it's on the PS3

mattso

Daigoro said:
yeah seriously. i havent even bothered to turn one on yet.

might as well give it a try.
I put the black and white on for a few minutes but then I couldn't appreciate tribal sheva in all her glory

noise might be fun though

mattso

j-wood said:
Tell me guys, is the game worth purchasing? I really like RE4, but heard this one doesn't really have the scary elements anymore. I do have a friend that has it, so I would be playing co-op, and it's on the PS3
why dont you try it out with your friend first if you arent sure

Volcynika

j-wood said:

RE4 wasn't scary. It had intensity, and this one has it as well.

Does anyone have all four types of eggs? Been trying to get this trophy all afternoon, I've chased enough chickens around to put McDonald's out of business.

ezekial45

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Does anyone have all four types of eggs? Been trying to get this trophy all afternoon, I've chased enough chickens around to put McDonald's out of business.

Didn't you get my message? I need some eggs man!

newsguy

Today I realized this game needs to be played co-op. I played the first few levels online with a friend, but he beat the game already so he just did it to get me started. So I start alone today and I'm at the
cave section where it's dark and either you or the girl needs to hold the flashlight.
You hold it, I'll shoot... No? You can't perform that simple task? Ok, I'll hold it, you shoot... FUUUUUUUUUUCK

ezekial45 said:
Didn't you get my message? I need some eggs man!

I've gotten so many messages that I can't keep track of them all :lol

I sold my rotten eggs because I don't need anymore, but maybe I can get some from someone else and then give them to you.

brandonh83 said:

Which egg do you need? For the gold egg, play the marshlands level a couple of times. Go to the center island and a gold egg will be dropped eventually. For the rotten egg, just play the end of the game. An enemy will drop it at some point.

Top Bottom