• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wow, ditto on the livestream dude.

Any idea on how the 360 bundles are pre-ordering? I've been tempted between this and an arcade for my replacement 360, but 400 is pushing it a bit for my budget...

Oh, and I'm calling this end-game scenario right now...
Rise from the grave-Jill throws the rocket launcher

cvxfreak

Metroidvania said:
Wow, ditto on the livestream dude.

Any idea on how the 360 bundles are pre-ordering? I've been tempted between this and an arcade for my replacement 360, but 400 is pushing it a bit for my budget...

Oh, and I'm calling this end-game scenario right now...
Rise from the grave-Jill throws the rocket launcher

GameStop has a $25 trade-in bonus for trading in a current-gen system or handheld, and the HDD isn't calculated in their trade-ins. You could end up paying close to what an Arcade would cost by doing a trade-in, and it saves the pain of having to ship it.

Ridley327

Andrex said:
Person from the livestream really, really sucks.

Although I certainly won't defend his skills or the lack thereof, the
final fight with Wesker
does appear to be vague as hell and really seems very slapped-together at the last minute. I can see why reviewers kept pegging this as a low point.

At least some act of mercy has halted the stream; it was getting really embarrassing for all those involved.

xfactor

Banned
The staff told me that the bundle will reach their store in a couple of hours time, and they'll call me ASAP to go down and get it. I'm waiting for my phone to ring now.

Wark

S1kkZ said:
about one unlockable:
looks like mercenaries will only have offline (splitscreen) co-op.

Hmm . . .
Damn, I was hoping that mercenaries would have online co-op so I could play with my friends and other GAF members. :(

MrHicks

Banned
KeeSomething said:
Oh my god... this guy is freakin' terrible. Come on! You're on the final boss! Stop being stupid, and let me watch the ending![/QUOTE]

this!!!
stop sucking and show the ending dammit aaaargh i dont have all day

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ridley327 said:
Although I certainly won't defend his skills or the lack thereof, the
final fight with Wesker
does appear to be vague as hell and really seems very slapped-together at the last minute. I can see why reviewers kept pegging this as a low point.

At least some act of mercy has halted the stream; it was getting really embarrassing for all those involved.

Ah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

OMG, Order shipped, I love Play-Asia :D . They have the asian and the japanese game available now, but they didn't update the region compatibility yet.

Edit: Checked again and they shipped my game yesterday.

cvxfreak

rockman zx said:
OMG, Order shipped, I love Play-Asia :D . They have the asian and the japanese game available now, but they didn't update the region compatibility yet.

Edit: Checked again and they shipped my game yesterday.

Mine should be well on its way too! :D

Nemesis_

Regarding unlockabls (and purely speculative, but spoilering just in case)

Is there more than mercs mode, costumes and weapons unlocked after the game?

A simple yes or no, please. =)

EDIT: Mine still hasn't shipped - have I missed out on first allocation? I ordered more than two months ago =(

duckroll

Beat Chapter 1-1, S rank. Then I read the entire history of RE that's in the options menu. Will play more later. It's definitely better than the demo, but I'll still prefer to play this via co-op. It's a little hard since I can't even get online with it right now because of the patch "problem", but I'm sure that'll sort itself out once the game is officially out tomorrow. :lol

rumsey

Nemesis556 said:
Regarding unlockabls (and purely speculative, but spoilering just in case)

Is there more than mercs mode, costumes and weapons unlocked after the game?

A simple yes or no, please. =)

EDIT: Mine still hasn't shipped - have I missed out on first allocation? I ordered more than two months ago =(

Yes

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
Beat Chapter 1-1, S rank. Then I read the entire history of RE that's in the options menu. Will play more later. It's definitely better than the demo, but I'll still prefer to play this via co-op. It's a little hard since I can't even get online with it right now because of the patch "problem", but I'm sure that'll sort itself out once the game is officially out tomorrow. :lol

"Entire History"?

Does it reference side stories like Outbreak and Gun Survivor?

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
"Entire History"?

Does it reference side stories like Outbreak and Gun Survivor?

Nope. It's a chronological history from the 60s up to the end of RE4. It includes years and months for most events, and covers the original of Umbrella up till Leon gets away with Ashley. Storywise it covers RE0-4, CV and UC.

Update: When I try starting the game with my US PSN account signed in, it detects a horrifying patch for version 0.00! :lol

I bet this is Capcom's way to locking down online in all regions until their actual release dates. I'll find out tomorrow!

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
Nope. It's a chronological history from the 60s up to the end of RE4. It includes years and months for most events, and covers the original of Umbrella up till Leon gets away with Ashley. Storywise it covers RE0-4, CV and UC.

Update: When I try starting the game with my US PSN account signed in, it detects a horrifying patch for version 0.00! :lol

I bet this is Capcom's way to locking down online in all regions until their actual release dates. I'll find out tomorrow!

Nice, so it's basically the whole main plot minus Degeneration (that being for pretty obvious reasons). Thanks!

rumsey

Nemesis556 said:
Wait, what? :lol

Ahh well, 2-3 days max now.

Well,
I think there are alternate costumes and new weapons, but I couldn't tell if you were saying BESIDES alternate costumes and new weapons.

Defuser

Why is Singapore MDA is able to approve Re5 so fast whereas it's taking more than a week to approve Demon Soul?Are they so weaksauce in gaming?

duckroll

bigswords said:
Just a quick question is the RE5 co-op region free?

Edit: Sorry I meant the PS3 version.

You can't get online with the game at all right now, so I don't think anyone can answer that. It should be though. Right now if you try to start the game while signed in, it detects a patch for version 1.01 but when it actually tries to download the patch there's a Http 400 error.

bigswords

duckroll said:
You can't get online with the game at all right now, so I don't think anyone can answer that. It should be though. Right now if you try to start the game while signed in, it detects a patch for version 1.01 but when it actually tries to download the patch there's a Http 400 error.

Ah thanks Duckroll, damn the game is out now... sigh so tempting...

LaneDS

rumsey said:
Yeah and from what I'm hearing there is still no sign of local co-op in the 360 version, though the source tells me they haven't completed the game yet so maybe its an unlock? sounds pretty f'ing retarded to me, enough to make me pick it up for my PS3 instead.

Can someone explain this no local co-op statement?

xfactor

Banned
Defuser said:
Why is Singapore MDA is able to approve Re5 so fast whereas it's taking more than a week to approve Demon Soul?Are they so weaksauce in gaming?

I send them a little warning...
ganado.jpg

LaneDS said:
Can someone explain this no local co-op statement?

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for them to have removed it from the 360 version or make it so that you have to unlock it if you don't have to in the PS3 version.

LaneDS

Baloonatic said:
It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for them to have removed it from the 360 version or make it so that you have to unlock it if you don't have to in the PS3 version.

Guess I'm going to keep periodically checking this thread until someone has a concrete answer about this. Planned on picking it up for the 360 due to the framerate in the demo being better, but this would certainly change things considerably. At the same time I agree it sounds too dumb to be true. I'd also like to find out if system link is indeed an option if at all possible.

masterkajo

I have a question guys: Here in Austria (Europe) amazon offers the US Version of RE5 for € 44.- (in comparison to PAL Version € 69.-) - why? I don't know.
But since I want to buy it for the XBox360 I need to know if the US Version is region free. Does anyone know about this? Besides is it possible to play coop with a US Version and a PAL Version? (A friend of mine needs the german subtitles therefore PAL version).

cvxfreak

Someone up there loves me. The Yen's falling rapidly back towards ¥100 to $1 in time for my credit card to get charged for the PS3 system bundle on Amazon Japan. :D

I dreaded having to spend at least $630 on the bundle, but it looks like prices are falling to reality for us non-Yen payers.

Top Bottom