• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Valkyr Junkie said:
You shouldn't have a problem running into one in Chapter 5

rotten eggs are pretty damn rare. I didn't run into one the first two times i played the game. Then some guy on Live gave me 45 to go and multiply :p

btw, has anyone tested what happens if you fail to do the very last QTE?

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Awesome thanks!!! For that one trophy which has you 'kill majini with a rotten egg', do they really die in one hit from a rotten egg, or do you have to time it properly (weaken it first, then make the final hit with the egg)?

if you have a rotten egg, set the difficulty to amateur and load up 1-2. Put one bullet in the woman majini's back, than finish her off with the egg

shpankey

not an idiot
it is seemingly impossible every night for me to get a co-op partner that has not already played through this game multiple times and is speed running. ARGH!

still, sooooo awesome. :D

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Awesome thanks!!! For that one trophy which has you 'kill majini with a rotten egg', do they really die in one hit from a rotten egg, or do you have to time it properly (weaken it first, then make the final hit with the egg)?

btw, play Normal or higher. when i was farming money on Amateur rotten eggs hardly popped up. when i had originally played on Normal i got like 3 of them. 2 from a not-zombie guys and 1 from a
licker

LiK

crowphoenix said:
The one in the chopper? Wesker pulls the chopper into the lava.
I failed like every single QTE at least once. XD

lol, good to know that Capcom actually took that into consideration :D

ShinAmano

shpankey said:
how do you "farm rotten eggs"? i see some posts about that.
  1. Get one.
  2. start a game
  3. have second account (or online partner join
  4. give second person egg
  5. quit game first person does not save second one does
  6. repeat

Davey Cakes

Finding the BSAA emblems without a guide is ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like I'm just lucky when I stumble upon one.

The emblem in 6-1 that's inside one of those boxes that enemies jump out of?...Wow.

Rash said:
Finding the BSAA emblems without a guide is ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like I'm just lucky when I stumble upon one.

The emblem in 6-1 that's inside one of those boxes that enemies jump out of? Just...Wow.

Don't you see it in a short cutscene?

Davey Cakes

Grimm Fandango said:
Don't you see it in a short cutscene?
Yeah, but I didn't notice it the first time I watched that cutscene, and now that I've played through the game, I just skip cutscenes.

I was lucky that it caught my eye.

LiK

Rash said:

The emblem in 6-1 that's inside one of those boxes that enemies jump out of?...Wow.

yea, no kidding, i only found one and that was from the friggin cutscene in one chapter. altho i wasn't even gonna bother looking for them on my first playthrough since i didnt wanna check any guides.

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Im dedicated to find most of the emblems without a guide....I hope i can pull through!!! :lol :lol

hehe, i've been hunting emblems on my replays. got 3 left. pretty much most of them are just downright impossible without a guide. but i gotta give props to Capcom for actually finding spots that you wouldn't have expected.

Davey Cakes

Some of them are very hard to notice, and some of them are more practical.

For example, all of the emblems in 3-1 are relatively easy to find with just a cursory glance at the environment.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Rash said:

For example, all of the emblems in 3-1 are relatively easy to find with just a cursory glance at the environment.

I noticed that about 3-1....I think i got two of those so far. Found the 2nd by accident when i was zipping around whoring money....:lol :lol

Dyno

sloppyjoe_gamer said:

Rotten eggs do 1,000 damage on a successful hit. For comparison the 92 pistol maxes out at 250 damage and the Ithaca maxes at 400. The M29 gets up to 3,200 and the M500 gets up to 5,000. Grenades do 1,500 on a direct hit and the RPG a whopping 30,000.

If you have both rotten egg achievements (hit a dude, have all four egg types in your inventory) then smart money is on sellling them for 2,000 a piece.

Dyno

Rash said:

I dunno man. 3-1 is about par for the course. One was quite hard to spot.
under the egg farm hut.

Another cannot be obtained playing single. It has to be shot from the boat and Sheva won't do it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
-Winnie- said:
I can confirm. Somebody posted a pic in this thread a while ago.

I'm pretty sure it's in-game too, noticeable during a cutscene where she's flipping over. It's sorta weird since it looks like someone just pasted a texture over it... job openings at Capcom. :lol

LiK

Dyno said:
Another cannot be obtained playing single. It has to be shot from the boat and Sheva won't do it.

i got that in Single using a rifle from afar on one of the docks. it's tiny so i had to walk up close to my tv. i learned about that method from a youtube video guide.

Thrakier said:
I still think that a major Resident Evil game, in development for years, should run at a stable framerate on the PS3.

And it does run smooth. Anyone who reads all these threads at this board with comments like "OMG the PS3 framerate is piss poor and it's all blurry!" must really wonder what some people are seeing as the game is stable and sharp on PS3.

Dyno

LiK said:
i got that in Single using a rifle from afar on one of the docks. it's tiny so i had to walk up close to my tv. i learned about that method from a youtube video guide.

AHA! So bascially it's like the one they put in 6-1.
on the radar tower.

That one is fucking brutal too! Any time you need to squint a centimetre from your TV some dev in Japan is cackling his ass off.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dyno said:
on the radar tower.

That one is fucking brutal too! Any time you need to squint a centimetre from your TV some dev in Japan is cackling his ass off.

Yeah, you can't even see it unless you zoom in with the scope. It's best to have a zoom upgraded PSG-1 for 6-1.

LiK

Dyno said:
on the radar tower.

haha, yea. i rarely used the rifle on my first playthrough so it was interesting to HAVE to use it to look for most of those emblems. it was also hard cuz the scope would hover around so that made it quite annoying.

btw, i'm using the Dragonov cuz it's the only rifle i upgraded.

rdellw

Hey guys, have a little problem and thought i'd ask, sorry if its noobish. I played all the way to chapter 6-2, then fucked about with starting a new game my save file got deleted. Is there anyway to transfer a completed save file to my xbox so i can just play from 6-2? Or do i have to play the whole game again? thanks.

ShinAmano

rdellw said:
Hey guys, have a little problem and thought i'd ask, sorry if its noobish. I played all the way to chapter 6-2, then fucked about with starting a new game my save file got deleted. Is there anyway to transfer a completed save file to my xbox so i can just play from 6-2? Or do i have to play the whole game again? thanks.
Ouch...no. How did you delete it? Also play on the harder level this time...make it feel more fresh.

LiK

ShinAmano said:
Ouch...no. How did you delete it? Also play on the harder level this time...make it feel more fresh.

fresh and deadly

and yea, how did he delete the file? you can only restart anew if you went to Chapter Select. you only get Continue there.

rdellw

Well long story short, my mate made a new xbox login and when he started the game it only said new game, i assumed you could have seperate save games with each login and so i let him save, then i logged onto my file and when i was only in chapter 2 i was furious >__<.

LiK

rdellw said:
Well long story short, my mate made a new xbox login and when he started the game it only said new game, i assumed you could have seperate save games with each login and so i let him save, then i logged onto my and when i was only in chapter 2 i was furious >__<.

ouch, guess you'll need to replay those levels. maybe you should check an emblem guide so you have something else to look for while you replay.

rdellw

Meh fuck it, i'll devote a day to getting through it all again, but damn it sucks of capcom to only allow one savefile this time.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So, that long corridor in 5-2
(lickers)
is the best place to treasure grind right? I get 5 red hearts every time for $12,500.

140.85 said:
(lickers)
is the best place to treasure grind right? I get 5 red hearts every time for $12,500.
i personally think the caves (4-1 i think?) are the best. it takes like 15 min max and you end up with over 30k afteryou sell all the treasures

ShinAmano

rdellw said:
Well long story short, my mate made a new xbox login and when he started the game it only said new game, i assumed you could have seperate save games with each login and so i let him save, then i logged onto my file and when i was only in chapter 2 i was furious >__<.
Hmmm...still not following. I have two accounts on my 360 mine and my gfs...we both have re5 saves...

LiK

140.85 said:
(lickers)

definitely the quickest way, imo.

Thrakier

Philanthropist said:
And it does run smooth. Anyone who reads all these threads at this board with comments like "OMG the PS3 framerate is piss poor and it's all blurry!" must really wonder what some people are seeing as the game is stable and sharp on PS3.

No, it doesn't. It's not a thing we need to discuss, you know. It's a fact. Check the Eurogamer videos, they show you a framerate comparisons. The PS3 version is more under 30FPs than at stable 30FPS. The 360 is constantly @30FPS and runs much smoother. Just because you are not noticing it doesn't mean that it's not there.

@dyno

You know, the thing is, you don't know what you are talking about. PS3 seems to have less green tint, blacks are the same. I'm playing the 360 version, I compared the PS3 demo several times. Once again, you just have a differenct perception and you don't notice the issues. That's fine with me, enjoy the game. But don't call me an idiot because I'm noticing things you can't notice.

shpankey

not an idiot
LiK said:
haha, yea. i rarely used the rifle on my first playthrough so it was interesting to HAVE to use it to look for most of those emblems. it was also hard cuz the scope would hover around so that made it quite annoying.

btw, i'm using the Dragonov cuz it's the only rifle i upgraded.
I'm on my first playthrough and I mostly use the Dragonov. On everything. I love it. My backup is the sub-machine gun. I've upgraded both. They really keep a good supply of Rifle bullets and I head shot everything so I'm always good. Quick switch to sub-machine if a horde gets to close. Mow down, run, quick switch to rifle and pop'n heads again. So fricken awesome. :D

shpankey

not an idiot
rdellw said:
any chance you have a memory card available? i noticed n the 360 each time i load up the game it asks me to chose a storage location. if you have a memory card (or one of the new systems that has memory built in) you can just do that. you choose memory card, he chooses the HDD.

Dyno

Thrakier said:
@dyno

You know, the thing is, you don't know what you are talking about. PS3 seems to have less green tint, blacks are the same. I'm playing the 360 version, I compared the PS3 demo several times. Once again, you just have a differenct perception and you don't notice the issues. That's fine with me, enjoy the game. But don't call me an idiot because I'm noticing things you can't notice.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull the Reading Comprehension Card on you son.

First off I didn't call anyone an idiot. I also stated that there are minor differences but they are on a level so small that they aren't an issue.

That they are an issue with YOU says more about you than the game.

rdellw

shpankey said:
any chance you have a memory card available? i noticed n the 360 each time i load up the game it asks me to chose a storage location. if you have a memory card (or one of the new systems that has memory built in) you can just do that. you choose memory card, he chooses the HDD.
That'll be my problem then i think, i saved both files on the same memory card, haha, dident think they'd override.

mittelos

140.85 said:
(lickers)
Especially if you've got an infinite magnum. Otherwise, I found myself completely out of ammo after several run-throughs. Played that part of 5-2 over and over for about an hour last night and earned about 400,000 cash.

I'm thinking of trying for a Platinum-trophy on this one but now the new versus pack trophies have been added to the list and I'm not thinking of buying the DLC.

Am I screwed?

Kard8p3

Pharadigma said:
I'm thinking of trying for a Platinum-trophy on this one but now the new versus pack trophies have been added to the list and I'm not thinking of buying the DLC.

Am I screwed?

No you can still get platinum. I got it last night.

Volcynika

Pharadigma said:

Am I screwed?

Whenever DLC like that comes out, you still only need the base game's trophies to get Platinum. I haven't seen a case where that's not true, but feel free to point one out if you see one!

TChirath

Neo Member
Here are popular methods of making money and getting points that people have found so far:

Without Infinite Ammo --

1. 3-1 beginning (~$11,000 per 5 minutes, no points)
2. 2-3 (2000 points per 7 minutes on veteran, no $$)
3. 4-1 (~$35,000 + 2000 points per 20 minutes on veteran)

With Infinite Ammo --

1. 4-1 (~$35,000 + 2000 points per 15 minutes on veteran)
2. 5-1 ($12,500 + 2000 points per 7 minutes on veteran)
3. 5-2 hallway ($12,500 per 2 minutes, no points)
4. 6-2 (2000 points per 4 minutes on veteran, little $$)

5-1 professional is my favorite level to run with infinite rocket. If you only need money, 5-2 hallway is the fastest. If you need both, 5-1 is probably the most efficient since points are harder to collect especially if you plan on buying infinite ammo for everything.

LiK

TChirath said:
Here are popular methods of making money and getting points that people have found so far:

Without Infinite Ammo --

1. 3-1 beginning (~$11,000 per 5 minutes, no points)
2. 2-3 (2000 points per 7 minutes on veteran, no $$)
3. 4-1 (~$35,000 + 2000 points per 20 minutes on veteran)

With Infinite Ammo --

1. 4-1 (~$35,000 + 2000 points per 15 minutes on veteran)
2. 5-1 ($12,500 + 2000 points per 7 minutes on veteran)
3. 5-2 hallway ($12,500 per 2 minutes, no points)
4. 6-2 (2000 points per 4 minutes on veteran, little $$)

5-1 is my favorite level to run with infinite ammo. If you only need money, 5-2 hallway is the fastest. If you need both, 5-1 is probably the most efficient since points are harder to collect especially if you plan on buying infinite ammo for everything.

nice, someone else mentioned 6-2 to me for points so i'll be grinding there :D

Neiteio

Thrakier said:
No, it doesn't. It's not a thing we need to discuss, you know. It's a fact. Check the Eurogamer videos, they show you a framerate comparisons. The PS3 version is more under 30FPs than at stable 30FPS. The 360 is constantly @30FPS and runs much smoother. Just because you are not noticing it doesn't mean that it's not there.
No, it's not a fact. Thrakier, I cannot even begin to describe how off that comparison was. It's like they were using a different build. I have noticed one instance where the framerate stuttered for a splitsecond -- one instance -- when someone disconnected during an online game. That was it. The game is smooth throughout, there's no choppiness when turning around looking at things up close or far away, no choppiness in the heat of battle, whether you're playing single-player, online or splitscreen. No screen tearing at 720p OR 1080p on the PS3 version. The image is sharp and stable. In fact, I recall one Eurogamer comparison shot that made the white divots on Chris' machete sheath look smudgy on the PS3 version. Well in the actual game you can clearly see each and every white divot, sharply defined up close and far away. Something in that comparison was off.

I'll tell you what. Rent the PS3 version. Surely you could spare $5 in the name of science. Might help you decide to buy the version whose controller and online you prefer. Until then, stop slamming Capcom's work.

Top Bottom