• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

News Bot

Banned
Yeah, mine doesn't look like that screenshot either, but what's weird is that screenshot probably came from Capcom itself, because it's showing a mode not yet available to the public. Why would their colors be off?

Companies love to apply post-processing and countless spiffy filters to screenshots. We call them bullshots.

Fyrus said:
There are some contrast/black level issues with the game, IMO.

I remember there was one part where I entered a cave and suddenly it looked like someone jacked my brightness to 70-80. The blacks were grey and shit. Not the one with the lantern, but another one. Though the black level in the lantern one was pretty bad as well but not that bad.

It isn't my set because once I leave problem areas everything looks fine again..

It is your set up.

Christopher

Well the game has offically been retired now as I probably know the maps inside and out, and unlike you guys I actually hate mercanaries so that's it for me...Platinum baby!

It shows 100% on your status, but if you compare it online it goes down to the 80's to include the downloadable content shit. I hope they add more stuff to the storymode, or at least make Jill a playable character.

Neiteio said:
I thought I was playing someone from Japan earlier this week? Must've been a fan of the language. And goddamn your avatar is distracting. I'd pay a pretty penny to play behind it in Mercs. You hear me, Capcom? CLAIRE IS BETTER THAN A LIGHT-GUN GAME!

I'm not sure if we should stop spoiler-tagging
Jill's
name, because while obvious if you look at the context clues, I'm sure someone will come in here having not finished the game, and it might ruin the reveal. Maybe they can look at the copious numbers of pics and avatars here and see the four-letter spoiler tags and not put two and two together...

Interesting tidbits about Versus Survivors I just typed up from the LE guide:

Characters have the following layouts, and may require Exchange Points to unlock:

• BSAA Chris (Default) = M92F, 3 Hand Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • BSAA Sheva (Default) = M92F, 5 Incendiary Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • BSAA Jill
    (5,000 points) = Px4, 5 Flash Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • Midnight Wesker
    (30,000 points) = H&K P8, 3 Hand Grenades, 3 Proximity Mines
  • Safari Chris (8,000 points) = SIG P226, 5 Flash Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • Clubbin' Sheva (6,000 points) = AK-74, 3 Hand Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • STARS Chris (13,000 points) = SIG 556, 3 Incendiary Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • Tribal Sheva (15,000 points) = H&K MP5, 5 Flash Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • Battle Suit Jill
    (7,000 points) = VZ61, 3 Incendiary Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
  • STARS Wesker
    (50,000 points) = Samurai Edge, 3 Hand Grenades, 1 First Aid Spray
BETTER START SAVING THOSE POINTS.

Also:

• One to four players, with one-on-one or two-on-two (say it in your best
    Wesker
    voice)
  • Majini-to-player damage reduced to 50%; player-to-Majini damage increased to 150%
  • The drop rate for loot such as ammo and herbs is 100%, ensuring access to supplies even if the existing map stock has been plundered or cut off
  • NO POINTS scored for killing monsters
  • Points are scored for EVERY HIT against human players; 50 points are lost for every hit received; killing another player earns you another 3,000 points, while dying subtracts 1,000; your score cannot drop below 0
  • Hits from different weapons at different ranges earn different points (i.e. shooting someone with the shotgun at 1.5 to 6 meters will net you 500 points, as opposed to 200 points for a hit at 6-9 meters or 1,000 for 0-1.5)
  • A 50% damage and score increase is added for headshots
  • Special melee moves can be performed on players being grappled by an enemy
  • Performing a melee move on a player frozen by nitrogen rounds will NOT shatter them; you cannot freeze teammates
  • You can give items to a teammate without them having a free slot, so long as they have ammo of that type and it's not at the maximum threshold
  • And, of course, additional weapons such as the grenade launcher are scattered around slightly modified arenas

The other mode, Slayers, is not simply a competitive Mercenaries, either. The balance for damage taken/given has been recalibrated, with handicaps applied as well. But let's save that discussion for another time!

Holy awesome info. I will take more now if you got it.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I'm gettin better at Mercenaries, Finally I got an S in the Public Assembly with SPOILER CHARACTER

If anyone want to do some coop or mercenaries my gt is : dgenererex

Neiteio said:
Interesting tidbits about Versus Survivors I just typed up from the LE guide:

CANT WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT, GIMME NOW GIMME NOW.

CAPCOM STOP LISTENING TO THE HATERS WHO DIDNT EVEN BUY THE GAME, LAUNCH THIS SHIT ALREADY.

gdt

Sigh, does any one have any tips to beat
Wesker, when his heart is going back and forth
in the volcano? I keep running out of ammo. I have no money :(.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out.

K' Dash

gdt5016 said:
Sigh, does any one have any tips to beat
Wesker
, when his heart is going back and forth in the volcano? I keep running out of ammo. I have no money :(.

Go Behind him and press whatever button appears on the screen...

Sectus

Woot! Ranked 20th in the world for solo prison. I'll try to record a run with similar score later. I like mercenaries mode.

StranGER

ok, so this is super cheap!

wesker at the end in the lava area

how do you beat that, it's retarded and one of the lamest boss fights i've yet to experience at the end of a game. please tell me that's not the end.

-Winnie-

StranGER said:

how do you beat that, it's retarded and one of the lamest boss fights i've yet to experience at the end of a game. please tell me that's not the end.

Yeah, it really pissed me off too.

After checking GameFAQs, I found out that after you injure him and he does that attack with the spinning tentacles, go behind him and then you can RESTRAIN him and then a QTE will kill him.

SonComet

StranGER said:

Are you playing on a harder difficulty than the default? I just played it on whatever normal is and it was super super easy.

DoomGyver

Thanks Applesauce for the eggs. Now I'm pimpin with my 20's and my pythons.

I also noticed Sheva's boobs jiggle a lot when you were giving me those eggs. :lol

alba

Little is the new Big
Basically the patch adds versus mode (and doesn't unlock it? lol) since if you check your trophies it adds like 8 trophies or something. I wonder why the hell they're doing that. Instead of patching it when versus comes out they're patching it now and then it'll be a 104kb and everyone will whine or something? dunno :D

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
alba said:
Basically the patch adds versus mode (and doesn't unlock it? lol) since if you check your trophies it adds like 8 trophies or something. I wonder why the hell they're doing that. Instead of patching it when versus comes out they're patching it now and then it'll be a 104kb and everyone will whine or something? dunno :D

VS mode trophies have been there since launch for me, but only if I compared trophies w/ a friend or checked them at the official PS site.

alba

Little is the new Big
Applesauce said:
VS mode trophies have been there since launch for me, but only if I compared trophies w/ a friend or checked them at the official PS site.

Weird, I can see them in my trophy informations :eek:

Sinn Fein

fernoca said:
I'm about to do that, last Trophy to get Platinum (first and probably only game ever)...any tips?
My only problem seems to be with Ndesu.."evade..evade..FUCK!!!.."

Ndesu is nothing. Even Irving is worse. They're nothing compared to the shit I went through on 6-2 though. I kept dying and dying until I realized the LTD is actually fucking shit.

If you guys are going out with infinte ammo stuff though you won't have too much trouble. I enjoyed the game plenty on pro, but some of the boss stuff felt pretty broken sometimes (the dodging). You just gotta figure out exactly which weapons work best and kill things as fast as possible so you don't have to mess with their attacks.

I don't know exactly how fast the M500 fires, but that on Aheri will save you a lot of heartache probably. M29 it otherwise. Fuck the LTD.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
alba said:
Weird, I can see them in my trophy informations :eek:

Ya I can see them in the XMB game menu now, but thats the only change. They were there if I compared w/ a friend before ... weird. I dont care tho VS mode sounds like the tits so I'm buying it :D

Thrakier

Dot50Cal said:
RE: Color timing

http://www.the-horror.com/imagecomp...s01.jpg&img2=features/bh5demo/images/xb01.jpg

XB first, PS on mouseover (wait for it to load). This has been known for a long time now guys.

Yeah, that's definitly a difference. That said, I guess the contrast situation is still the same, you'll just have another color tint in dark areas I guess. Sadly the PS3 version isn't an option for me because it's almost constantly running below 30FPS (check Eurogamer videos). I wanted to buy the PS3 version because of free online and better controller (for this game) but I just couldn't after testing the demos and seeing the comparisons. That's another huge disapointment. Four or five years in development and Capcom is not able to do a good PS3 version, it's sad.

To all those guys claiming that people who are noticing the color and contrast "issues" ("issue" because it may be intentional, but I think it's a bad decision, the absence of deep pure blacks really hurts the RE and Horror feeling) just have a bad setup: That's PURE ignorance. Nothing else. You can see it on every screenshot, in every video and there are quite a lot people complaining about it. There are more who are not complaining an don't see any issue, but this is natural. It's different perception. That doesn't change the fact that it's there, color tint and a bad overall contrast, crushed blacks. Also like I said it's not always a green tint, just most of the time. It's very often a blue tint aswell - finally the color doesn't matter, what matters is that blacks aren't black. And if your blacks are black bring your brightness to a normal level and deactivate RGB full. ;)

StranGER

-Winnie- said:
Yeah, it really pissed me off too.

After checking GameFAQs, I found out that after you injure him and he does that attack with the spinning tentacles, go behind him and then you can RESTRAIN him and then a QTE will kill him.

yeah, everytime i run up near him he hits me with his swingy arm thing and i fly off into lava.

not much fun at all.

i've been loaded to the gill with weapons too and doesn't seem to matter.

if it's not me flying away then my partner gets the shaft.

p.s. on the demo i could play split screen. i can not seem to get that mode to pop up on the finished version. where is it?

LiK

man, achievement hunting in this game is mad fun. i gotta give props to Capcom for making the game so replayable and i love unlocking all the bonus stuff. can't wait to trophy hunt on the PS3 version soon :)

btw, anyone notice that Sheva has different idle animations once you built up your trust? that was interesting.

gantz85

Banned
Thrakier said:
Yeah, that's definitly a difference. That said, I guess the contrast situation is still the same, you'll just have another color tint in dark areas I guess. Sadly the PS3 version isn't an option for me because it's almost constantly running below 30FPS (check Eurogamer videos). I wanted to buy the PS3 version because of free online and better controller (for this game) but I just couldn't after testing the demos and seeing the comparisons. That's another huge disapointment. Four or five years in development and Capcom is not able to do a good PS3 version, it's sad.

It's funny, all this whining about the PS3 version and players like myself are having an amazing time with it..

Thrakier

gantz85 said:
It's funny, all this whining about the PS3 version and players like myself are having an amazing time with it..

It's ok not to be bothered by it but that doesn't mean the flaws aren't there. It depends if it's important to you. If not, that's fine. I still think that a major Resident Evil game, in development for years, should run at a stable framerate on the PS3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
boring graphics discussion by annoying, anal console gamers is boring

-Winnie-

delirium said:
I just read this on GFAQs but apparently this game contains female nudity. Apparently if you zoom in on the
Jill (brainwashed)
figurine's crotch... Now I don't have the figurine yet, there's a picture on the web and it looks like you do see everything.

Link to the GameFAQs' topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=929197&topic=48758657

I can confirm. Somebody posted a pic in this thread a while ago.

LiK

delirium said:
I just read this on GFAQs but apparently this game contains female nudity. Apparently if you zoom in on the
Jill (brainwashed)
figurine's crotch... Now I don't have the figurine yet, there's a picture on the web and it looks like you do see everything.

Link to the GameFAQs' topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=929197&topic=48758657

i don't see how's that possible since the game limits on how close you can zoom in on the figurines. btw, i recommend zooming in as close as possible cuz the work on their textures is pretty incredible.

Dyno

Rez said:
boring graphics discussion by annoying, anal console gamers is boring

Seriously. I have both versions of the game. This is the first time I've done this but my PS3 died and I was impatient so...

I've played both versions on the same HDTV up to chapter 6 and the differences are so minor that personal taste is the only deciding factor.

And as for framerate, tearing, blacks, etc. Not an issue either. Both versions are beyond enjoyable and nobody is getting a better deal.

Just fucking drop it or buy both games so that you can at least make an informed decision. But-but-but you saw YouTube videos or some other bullshit that wasn't the actual game in play? Not good enough to shit up this thread.

Hesemonni

Banned
LiK said:
i don't see how's that possible since the game limits on how close you can zoom in on the figurines. btw, i recommend zooming in as close as possible cuz the work on their textures is pretty incredible.
Is it this?

Link

E: Some texture artist over at Capcom is laughing his ass off :D

delirium

LiK said:

Look at the link in the GameFAQ's topic. I'm pretty sure that's a woman's private parts.

bumpkin

So I finally finished this bitch last night...
Man, both end boss fights were annoying in their own way. The first because you have to shut all of the lights off so you can actually land the rocket launcher hit; and then if you have an AI teammate, you feel this sense of frantic-ness while trying to quickly pull a gun to shoot Wesker because lord knows that dumb broad won't. Of course the problem is I didn't think you had to use the rocket launcher to beat him so I kept trying to shoot him. The fact that I'd occasionally be able to blast him and he'd flinch, I figured it was just a long tough fight. And then the second fight... The first time around I quite literally emptied my entire arsenal into his head as he walked up the rounded path and he didn't drop. It didn't dawn on me until after the fact that I had to aim for the glowing spot -- I honestly didn't think much of the cinema that showed it -- because he reacted to my shots. I assumed they were doing damage. I also had the same problem someone else mentioned about not being quite sure when to try to restrain Wesker right away. It was luck when I finally grabbed him, honestly. But when all was said and done, good goddamn was it satisfying when Chris and Sheva launched the two rockets at him from the chopper. :D

LiK

delirium said:
Look at the link in the GameFAQ's topic. I'm pretty sure that's a woman's private parts.

ah, i'm at work so the pic ain't showing up for me. i'll check later. can't really blame Capcom when people want to look for things. when the PC version comes out, i bet dudes will be trying to hack it to make them nude. :p

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok, Ive found 3 out of 4 of the egg types so far.....Im at chapter 4-1.

Will i come across a rotten egg in the later chapters, or do i need to do something special to get one?

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Ok, Ive found 3 out of 4 of the egg types so far.....Im at chapter 4-1.

Will i come across a rotten egg in the later chapters, or do i need to do something special to get one?

You shouldn't have a problem running into one in Chapter 5

Davey Cakes

I still haven't found a golden egg outside of Mercenaries.

As a side note, it was fun to completely obliterate Wesker with the infinite launcher. Made S-ranking 6-3 that much easier.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
You shouldn't have a problem running into one in Chapter 5

Awesome thanks!!! For that one trophy which has you 'kill majini with a rotten egg', do they really die in one hit from a rotten egg, or do you have to time it properly (weaken it first, then make the final hit with the egg)?

Top Bottom