• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

cvxfreak said:
I still can't believe Josh survived.

I kept calling him "the next Kenneth/Marvin/Tyrell" before release.

Those are the black people that died either immediately or gruesomely in RE1/2/3.
Josh should get his own game with Billy Coen. It'd be kinda funny.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Question--- Is it possible to max upgrade any weapon and turn on infinite ammo for it BEFORE you beat the game once? In other words...can i use infinite ammo on my first playthrough if i upgrade a weapon all the way?

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Question--- Is it possible to max upgrade any weapon and turn on infinite ammo for it BEFORE you beat the game once? In other words...can i use infinite ammo on my first playthrough if i upgrade a weapon all the way?

nope, the game limits your max upgrades for each gun until you reached a later chapter.

chandoog said:
while Chris and Sheva have to go through all kinds of marshes and whatnot, Josh just closes his eyes and reaches the place, he doesn't even know it himself how he did that.

Haha yeah was talking about that last night while playing. And when Chris and
Jill reunite and Jill says 6 billion people will die! And Chris says "Well yeah but...

NameIess

eshwaaz said:
Same here. Especially since his, "We were attacked, and... um... then I ended up here." line sounded so suspicious. When they show the pre-mutation Uroboros Mkono sitting in the chair in shadow, I was so sure that was Josh.

I think he actually deserted his team, but I guess he received redemption for saving Sheva & Chris asses on several occasions...

Majmun

I wouldn't mind Sheva getting her own RE game. I thinks she's a good character imo.

And she's at least younger than the other RE characters...

I was shocked when I saw that Chris was 36. So old.

LiK

Second said:
I wouldn't mind Sheva getting her own RE game. I thinks she's a good character imo.

i thought the bio said 35.

and yea, i love Sheva, i hope she gets her own game like Claire did.

shpankey

not an idiot
Wow what an awesome weekend of co-op madness for me. I'm halfway through my second play-through and had a blast all weekend. I met a couple kick ass people on Xbox Live (randomly) and played all the way through with one and half way with the other. Damn that was the SHIT. :D

Started some mercs, wow, I had not idea it was that fun. Though I am making myself finish the game first to get back to it, for I know once I do, I will be hooked.

Davey Cakes

Mr. Pointy said:
Josh should get his own game with Billy Coen. It'd be kinda funny.
I wouldn't mind that at all. In fact, I was disappointed that Billy wasn't in RE5. People always say that Billy's story is over, but really, I always thought that him going back to Africa for redemption would've been a neat way to introduce him as a side character in RE5.

Rash said:
I wouldn't mind that at all. In fact, I was disappointed that Billy wasn't in RE5. People always say that Billy's story is over, but really, I always thought that him going back to Africa for redemption would've been a neat way to introduce him as a side character in RE5.
If Billy does get his own game, Capcom need to fully splash out on the budget and hire Steven Blum to do his voice, as opposed to some random Canadian dude who kinda sounds like him. And his mullet needs to be awesomer.

Assemble!

I'm calling it now. RE6 will feature only girls as playable characters. Sheva and Birdwoman to start off with, and then Claire and Rebecca later on.

LiK

somnific said:
i'd play it.

ditto. don't forget Ada

btw, the Tribal outfit for Sheva is pretty funny. her boobs bounce way more in the cutscenes and in the game. thank you Capcom :lol

Rash said:
That would have been awesome. Billy needs to get into one of the newer games.

But what I really hope is that we see Josh again. It'd be great if he could actually be playable, even if it's just a side mission.

The characters I'm hoping are in the next game (And by this I mean, I hope Capcom takes a couple)

Claire
Rebecca
Billy
Josh
Barry

If any of them are playable, I would be so stoked.

Neiteio

Sectus said:
The game looks insanely pretty. If I wasn't too lazy, I'd take more random screenshots of cutscenes and gameplay. It's surprisingly easy to find frames which looks really amazing.
Comp10000225.jpg

First of all, let me say Sectus is awesome. I asked if he could capture the above image, and he gave me not one but FIVE versions of it, all of which are awesome, and one of which is now my desktop (the same one he selected to show us, incidentally). I love the whole crow persona, as the crow is an omen of bad times to come, and that's precisely what this character would've been a harbinger of if left unchecked. She did, after all, plant the first Uroboros that killed Alpha Team, and used the arms dealer Irving to help advance the larger scheme before turning him on the BSAA.

I also asked Sectus to capture the below image:

Comp10000301_1.jpg

The Gatling Gun Majini always cracked me up, so I asked Sectus for a mugshot. I think RE5 stopped being Resident Evil when they made the Gatling Gun Majini. At that point, RE5 was awesome. Such a perfect "Wat" face.

Speaking of which, you could totally caption the Josh pic with "I see what you did there." In fact, you must. A native version of the
Wesker
pic would also be nice, because while funny that pic is too epic to be captioned. :D And oh god: http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/TzarSectus/RE5/Comp10020620.jpg (spoilers). Too hot to handle.

And I'm pushing my luck here, but I recall Sheva looking quite fetching in her post-Ndesu panic, hint hint. "We should get out of here!"

ToyMachine228 said:
Haha yeah was talking about that last night while playing. And when
Chris and Jill reunite and Jill says 6 billion people will die! And Chris says "Well yeah but...
That was hilarious! I also love how in both RE4 and RE5, they throw the word "terrorist" around as though it automatically makes the game more topical. :lol

Sectus said:
The game looks insanely pretty. If I wasn't too lazy, I'd take more random screenshots of cutscenes and gameplay. It's surprisingly easy to find frames which looks really amazing.

And didn't this game use Framework 2.0? It's crazy how good RE6 should look towards the end of this gen.

Any BSG fans here? Sheva looks a lot like Anastasia Dualla.

anastasia-dualla.jpg

I really liked Shevas character. I think with the state of the world in RE series being what it is now and BSAA being this big acceptable defense force we're going to see a lot of new character in the series.

LiK

Dark FaZe said:
And didn't this game use Framework 2.0? It's crazy how good RE6 should look towards the end of this gen.

Any BSG fans here? Sheva looks a lot like Anastasia Dualla.

anastasia-dualla.jpg

I really liked Shevas character. I think with the state of the world in RE series being what it is now and BSAA being this big acceptable defense force we're going to see a lot of new character in the series.

Sheva's face is actually based on a real Austrailian actress. She even posted the info on her official site. enjoy!

http://www.michellevanderwater.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=67

michelle-van-der-water.jpg

I finished the campaign on normal last weekend ( played it through on co-op with a friend in two sessions ). I frickin' loved it. Great atmosphere, one of the best co-op experiences around, and absolutely mind-blowing graphics throughout the game. I immediately started to dream of a RE4 remake with RE5's unbelievable graphics, too. :) Haven't tried Mercenaries yet, but it must be awesome.

Oh, and Sheva... Sheva is hot. And so is her original model.

LiK

Jaruru said:
doesn't Sheva look like the actress Ashanti (Betty) in Resident Evil Extinction???

http://i43.tinypic.com/15edcmg.jpg[/QUOTE]

repost for people who won't be checking the previous page ;)

Sheva's face is actually based on a real Austrailian actress. She even posted the info on her official site. enjoy!

[url]http://www.michellevanderwater.com/i...d=32&Itemid=67[/url]

altho maybe they were influenced by the movie to create Sheva in the first place. good call.

badrockjones said:
I can't believe all this chapter 5 love. Isn't that the one that takes place inside an explosion factory? Where they are carting propane tanks into a furnace endlessly, for no apparent reason?

AWESOME LEVEL DESIGN GUYS!

still love the game completely

It is awesome level design, it has actual interesting thought out situations. A location with enemies and nothing else is just that, an arena to fight enemies, anyone can make that. Its when the game starts to throw different situation after different situation when a game shines. Chapter 5 had such awesome setpieces, like the conveyor belt.

Neiteio

Lé Blade Runner said:
I finished the campaign on normal last weekend ( played it through on co-op with a friend in two sessions ). I frickin' loved it. Great atmosphere, one of the best co-op experiences around, and absolutely mind-blowing graphics throughout the game. I immediately started to dream of a RE4 remake with RE5's unbelievable graphics, too. :) Haven't tried Mercenaries yet, but it must be awesome.

Oh, and Sheva... Sheva is hot. And so is her original model.
Indeed. They say the female form is the stuff of art and, well, Sheva proves it. Add some eyeliner, and Michelle Van Der Water (Australian actress posted on the last page) would come close to the spitting image of Sheva. Ashanti, not so much; she looks fine, but her face has a different shape.

I just love Sheva. Her voice, look and mannerisms are perfect. Her acting (or writing, rather) is a thing of uneven brilliance; she soars during her post-Ndesu panic, but sinks with her confuzzled "Evolution? What are you talking about?!" But even uneven brilliance in RE5 is still Oscar-worthy compared to past Resident Evils. (I recently watched REmake's "Jill sandwich" scene. The voice acting in that game hasn't aged well.)

Also, a note on Josh's remark about how he wound up at the oil refineries... The way he says it suggests there's more to his story than he lets onto. It jives nicely with my idea for a DLC Josh mission where you evade Ndesu on foot as your squad's killed around you. Also, if you read the file on U-8, it says Irving sold a whole litter of 'em on the black market, including the superior U-8 Prime that has a virtually impenetrable carapace. Why mention this unless Capcom plans to bring back this boss in the future? That's fine by me; ol' crabbycakes was a fine finale to 5-1.

EDIT: That Battlestar chick is fucking gorgeous.

LiK

Neiteio said:
Indeed. They say the female form is the stuff of art and, well, Sheva proves it. Add some eyeliner, and Michelle Van Der Water (Australian actress posted on the last page) would come close to the spitting image of Sheva. Ashanti, not so much; she looks fine, but her face has a different shape.

I just love Sheva. Her voice, look and mannerisms are perfect. Her acting (or writing, rather) is a thing of uneven brilliance; she soars during her post-Ndesu panic, but sinks with her confuzzled "Evolution? What are you talking about?!" But even uneven brilliance in RE5 is still Oscar-worthy compared to past Resident Evils. (I recently watched REmake's "Jill sandwich" scene. The voice acting in that game hasn't aged well.)

Also, a note on Josh's remark about how he wound up at the oil refineries... The way he says it suggests there's more to his story than he lets onto. It jives nicely with my idea for a DLC Josh mission where you evade Ndesu on foot as your squad's killed around you. Also, if you read the file on U-8, it says Irving sold a whole litter of 'em on the black market, including the superior U-8 Prime that has a virtually impenetrable carapace. Why mention this unless Capcom plans to bring back this boss in the future? That's fine by me; ol' crabbycakes was a fine finale to 5-1.

yea, i've become a fan of the woman who not only voiced Sheva but also did her motion capture movements. and i also think it's cool that Sheva's face was based on a real actress. if they ever made a movie with her, they could actually cast someone who can act AND has the face already. :D

Miburou

One thing that I found amusing when fighting the last boss is
when you push that boulder so Sheva can cross, and you give her a hand, for a second she looks at you fondly and smiles, as if you were just having a leisurely stroll and happened to come across a puddle, and not like all hell was breaking lose around you:lol

I really can't see myself playing the game alone, and am so glad I could play it with my brother who for me is probably the best co-op partner you could have (skilled, co-operative and not greedy).

GQman2121

Banned
The game is definitely better on the second play through. Once you get infinite ammo with the hand cannon, you can pretty much blaze through the entire game with your eyes closed. I can't help but feel like the harder difficulties are lessened through because it becomes so easy to kill everything.

Neiteio

Miburou said:
One thing that I found amusing when fighting the last boss is
when you push that boulder so Sheva can cross, and you give her a hand, for a second she looks at you fondly and smiles, as if you were just having a leisurely stroll and happened to come across a puddle, and not like all hell was breaking lose around you:lol
This just made me picture Chris and Sheva dating, coming across a puddle and rather than lying down his jacket, he shoves in a two-ton boulder. :lol

I really can't see myself playing the game alone, and am so glad I could play it with my brother who for me is probably the best co-op partner you could have (skilled, co-operative and not greedy).
It's totally playable in single-player. I've played it all three ways (solo, duo and splitscreen) and each is fun in its own way. Single-player, for example, is the way to go if you want to carefully study the landscape, like in 4-2 where I can stand on the pyramid steps looking at the top of the cave all day. Duo and splitscreen, obviously, are great fun because there's twice as much action, twice as much to keep track of. It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned, but then again maybe I get lucky with the AI (higher difficulties included).

LiK

Neiteio said:
This just made me picture Chris and Sheva dating, coming across a puddle and rather than lying down his jacket, he shoves in a two-ton boulder. :lol

It's totally playable in single-player. I've played it all three ways (solo, duo and splitscreen) and each is fun in its own way. Single-player, for example, is the way to go if you want to carefully study the landscape, like in 4-2 where I can stand on the pyramid steps looking at the top of the cave all day. Duo and splitscreen, obviously, are great fun because there's twice as much action, twice as much to keep track of. It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned, but then again maybe I get lucky with the AI (higher difficulties included).

yea, i've beaten the game on Normal and replayed it multiple times unlocking stuff in Solo only. i havent even touched coop at all. it's still fun. i messed around with several chapters in Veteran and they're definitely not hard once you maxed out some upgrades. i'm looking forward to getting 1000 points and the platinum trophy for this game.

yep, i'm playing both versions and will play coop down the line :)

Nizz

Second said:

Kids today... *shakesfistinairgetoffmylawn.jpg*

LiK

fps fanatic said:
Kids today... *shakesfistinairgetoffmylawn.jpg*

he means 35 ;)

and it makes sense considering the original games were set in 1998. Chris couldn't be any younger then

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Great game. I was hoping for a glimpse of a few T-Virus zombies for old-school sake, but I'll live.

Neiteio

Man, the fight to save
Jill
is so amazing. I was playing it again on Veteran co-op last night, and OH, the drama. Love it love it love.

I had the slightest bead of sweat trickling down my brow when, after what seemed like forever, my partner had
Jill
restrained and I carefully, CAREFULLY aimed a fully upgraded L. Hawk square at the device on her chest. Three times I shot the device, and each time I threw
Jill
to the ground and pinned her to pull it off. I love how delicately Chris pulls the device off, using just his fingertips to avoid hurting her but doing so with all his might. Seeing those last threads of wire snap free got a big sigh of relief. Just. Incredible.

Equally satisfying is how the game duplicates any treasure you collect, so when I dealt enough damage to
Wesker
for the Bad Blood trophy and picked up the Heart of Africa, both my partner and I got it. No fight over the 10,000N treasure; the game gave it to both of us.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Neiteio said:
Equally satisfying is how the game duplicates any treasure you collect, so when I dealt enough damage to
Wesker
for the Bad Blood trophy and picked up the Heart of Africa, both my partner and I got it. No fight over the 10,000N treasure; the game gives it to both of us.
Once you have infinite L.Hawk you pretty much can't not get that trophy. I love that gun.

LiK

RoboPlato said:
Once you have infinite L.Hawk you pretty much can't not get that trophy. I love that gun.

i recently got the unlimited ammo bonus for it. can't wait to grind my way through it this weekend on Veteran :D

Neiteio

LiK said:
i recently got the unlimited ammo bonus for it. can't wait to grind my way through it this weekend on Veteran :D
The infinite L. Hawk is satisfaction incarnate. I love speed-running the gauntlet of 6-3 with it, downing each and every Majini with one shot. Just stop, POP!, and watch 'em drop where they stand, as though you turned all their organs to lead. :lol

Hell, the gun's so badass they hide it in a treasure chest with
Wesker

LiK

Neiteio said:
The infinite L. Hawk is satisfaction incarnate. I love speed-running the gauntlet of 6-3 with it, downing each and every Majini with one shot. Just stop, POP!, and watch 'em drop, right where they're standing, as though you turned all their organs to lead. :lol

Wesker

YUMMY~ :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anyone else remember the secret messages scribbled on the walls of the Kijuju viral marketing website? One that sticks out to me is:

"Sheva knew."

What did she know? From what I remember, nothing's revealed here. Like other people here, I found Josh's explanation of how he ended up at the oil refinery to be very fishy. I was expecting a big reveal later that never happened.

jmdajr

Man, this game has some insane replay value. Usually when I finish a game that's it, but I keep coming back to play again.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So did 2K lend Capcom the code for Houdini Splicers in mercs mode? I swear, I check an area and make sure it's clear, turn around and a couple seconds later one of those fuckers grabs me and kills my combo. This usually happens in the middle of Public Assembly, a good ways away from where they spawn.

Fucking Houdini Majini gonna drive me mad, yo.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Neiteio said:
The infinite L. Hawk is satisfaction incarnate. I love speed-running the gauntlet of 6-3 with it, downing each and every Majini with one shot. Just stop, POP!, and watch 'em drop, right where they're standing, as though you turned all their organs to lead. :lol

Wesker
I got infinite S&W 500 before it but I greatly prefer the L.Hawk. The faster fire rate more than makes up for the damage difference and less kickback makes it easier to aim plus it has better penetration. It behaves more like a super-powerful handgun instead of the other magnums. I give my AI the S&W 500 and it nothing in our way survives.

Neiteio

I just thought of the perfect way to describe using the L. Hawk to save
Jill
. It felt like high-stakes Trauma Center, if my scalpel were a magnum.

So fucking awesome.

LiK

GuardianE said:
Anyone else remember the secret messages scribbled on the walls of the Kijuju viral marketing website? One that sticks out to me is:

"Sheva knew."

What did she know? From what I remember, nothing's revealed here.

nothing major from her background story in the Library? i didn't really read through all of them yet but i think it revealed some good info.

Neiteio

LiK said:
nothing major from her background story in the Library? i didn't really read through all of them yet but i think it revealed some good info.
In the intro to 3-1, Sheva says she knew Umbrella was using Africa as a test bed for their experiments, and that they were responsible for her parents' deaths. However, I don't think she knew of the Type 2 Plaga plot, and of course neither Chris nor Sheva really understood Uroboros until later in the game.

LiK

Neiteio said:
In the intro to 3-1, Sheva says she knew Umbrella was using Africa as a test bed for their experiments, and that they were responsible for her parents' deaths. However, I don't think she knew of the Type 2 Plaga plot, and of course neither Chris nor Sheva really understood Uroboros until later in the game.

yea, i thought of the same thing as well. it'll be cool if there are additional stuff we can learn about. but since the producer said RE6 *might* be a series reboot, that's gonna suck big time.

Top Bottom