• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Neiteio

Pojo said:
You forgot "die you SUM BITCH R1 + L1!!" at the end. Which was totally the best part.

Chris is tired of Wesker's bullshit. And at the end of the game, so was I.
You know what never gets old, though? Talking like Wesker.

"Ur-ro-BOR-rosss."

"Complete. Global. Sat-tur-ra-tion."

"Ah, there you ah!"

"Chrissssss!"

USD

Neiteio said:
I say that line every time. :lol

Of course he has awesome lines in Mercs too. "It was in your best interest to assist me!" :lol

Neiteio

USD said:
I say that line every time. :lol

Of course he has awesome lines in Mercs too. "It was in your best interest to assist me!" :lol
What gets me everytime is in Mercs when Wesker dies and Chris goes, "WESKAAAAAA!" :lol

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

Man, for some reason I thought the Heart Stopper achievement was about killing Wesker that way? So we wore him down to death one time with Grenades without doing the Stab QTE and then did all of it over again thinking we'd get that achievement.

Totally worth it though because the stabbing was the most insane awesome QTE ever.

A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A
A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A
slash
hold
slash
hold
SLASH

Fucking awesome.

What a fucking game.

UraMallas

Someone please jump online right now and give me two rotten eggs. Feel free to invite me in to a game, just bring eggs!

Gamertag = UraMallas

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Question...if i play online with someone and they give me an item (say..a rotten egg), how do i get to keep that item? After they give me the item, do we have to play all the way through the stage together in order for me to keep it offline? How does that work?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Question...if i play online with someone and they give me an item (say..a rotten egg), how do i get to keep that item? After they give me the item, do we have to play all the way through the stage together in order for me to keep it offline? How does that work?
You do keep it. All you need to do is save your inventory when you quit to keep it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok, but do i need to play through the stage first? Or is there a special way i need to quit from the inventory menu right when they give me the item at the begining?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Ok, but do i need to play through the stage first? Or is there a special way i need to quit from the inventory menu right when they give me the item at the begining?
Can't quit straight from the menu but you can the second you start the stage. Just say yes at the save inventory prompt.

Linkhero1

Professional is definitely challenging. I've died so many times with infinite ammo and carrying plenty of health as well. I love it.

i started to finish the game today solo on normal. Goddamn why do i love re so much. Cant wait to s rank all of mercs like i did in re4.

also elexas model (all the main character models) are gorgeous.

psn: sh1nz for anyone who see me online to throw me an invite i will be down for anything.

Link

The Autumn Wind
MikeE21286 said:
holy shit
fighting Wesker AND Jill....can't believe I didn't pick up on that masked person being Jill until now....
Seriously? I thought they made that so obvious they were practically beating us over the head with it. I suppose not realizing it made for a much better reveal, though.

Link said:
Seriously? I thought they made that so obvious they were practically beating us over the head with it. I suppose not realizing it made for a much better reveal, though.
Friend thought
masked woman
was a
dood
for the longest time.

Miburou

I've been using the Noise filter exclusively since I unlocked it, and I like it a lot (reminds me of SH). The other 2 filters are crap, though. As for the cut-scenes, I understand that making them in a wider than 16:9 aspect is supposed to make it more cinematic, but it just seems like a weird choice seeing as how cinematics in games are moving towards more seamlessness.

Neiteio

Linkhero1 said:
Professional is definitely challenging. I've died so many times with infinite ammo and carrying plenty of health as well. I love it.
I agree. And the best part? All the boss battles that were great before are brilliant on Professional. My splitscreen partner and I died nearly 40 times completing 3-3 on Pro, with Irving's transformation accounting for probably two dozen or more deaths. And the first Uroboros had to be roasted several times before it died. (A cool trick I discovered is knocking over a gas canister so Uroboros absorbs it, then shooting the canister when Uroboros is in the furnace so that it's stunned in place and my partner can flip the switch.) Very challenging and fun.

Brofist

Neiteio said:
I agree. And the best part? All the boss battles that were great before are brilliant on Professional. My splitscreen partner and I died nearly 40 times completing 3-3 on Pro, with Irving's transformation accounting for probably two dozen or more deaths. And the first Uroboros had to be roasted several times before it died. (A cool trick I discovered is knocking over a gas canister so Uroboros absorbs it, then shooting the canister when Uroboros is in the furnace so that it's stunned in place and my partner can flip the switch.) Very challenging and fun.

It took like 10 magnum shots for me to drop the first Uroboros on Pro. You don't even have to use the gas canisters or roast it unless you are using the weakest pistol or something.

Sidzed2

PROTIP: Ndesu is easy on Professional if you play as Sheva, and let the AI be Chris.

Good Lord, I spent two hours trying with Chris, then on my second go with Sheva, I decimated him.

GAAAAH!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
kpop100 said:
It took like 10 magnum shots for me to drop the first Uroboros on Pro. You don't even have to use the gas canisters or roast it unless you are using the weakest pistol or something.

He might be using limited ammo or fighting the boss with more standard ammo. I know especially with the irving fight, he killed us a lot of times if we didn't resort to infinite ammo rocket launchers and magnums.

Sidzed2

Cmagus said:
ending was complete balls seriously all that work for like a 30 second ending that was garbage.

I always find it funny when people describe the playing of a game as 'work'...

...and yes, the short ending was quite abrupt, but come the "F" on, sometimes it's about the journey rather than the destination.

edgefusion

Sidzed2 said:

...and yes, the short ending was quite abrupt, but come the "F" on, sometimes it's about the journey rather than the destination.

I agree that it's more about the journey rather than the destination but I too would have preferred something a bit better than the terribly cliche "and they all rode off into the sunset".

cvxfreak

I liked the ending because it seemed very reminiscent of
RE1. Two partners + pilot aboard.
The ending theme was awesome, as well.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
cvxfreak said:
I liked the ending because it seemed very reminiscent of
RE1. Two partners + pilot aboard.
The ending theme was awesome, as well.

it ended with a
rocket launcher
as well .

eso76

OriginX said:
I finally beat the game. I was playing as Sheva on co-op. But, call me crazy, but did Chris fucking punch a boulder into lava in the battle against
Wesker
? I swear I saw my partner doing that as I was using the rifle.

:lol
playing that part as Sheva for the first time must be hilarious.
Seeing Chris in the distance beating the crap out of the boulder and thinking "the fuck is happening over there ??" must be priceless.

Also, i vote for boulder as coolest boss in the game, possibly ever.

Capcom should have included a figurine of mr. boulder in the gallery.

adamsapple

obligatory

video2.gif

rezuth

Link said:
I had some hope that it would be
Ada Wong

Neiteio said:
It sort of became an in-joke after the two guys with the Justin.tv stream continuously failed at it and the line got repeated by Wesker, over and over and over.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity guys, what info was leaked when the demo code was hacked a while back?

And, on the same line of thinking, does anyone remember what info was hacked from the RE4 demo back in 2004?

adamsapple

Prime Blue said:
It sort of became an in-joke after the two guys with the Justin.tv stream continuously failed at it and the line got repeated by Wesker, over and over and over.

don't remind me of that lol.

fucking LAAAG !

adamsapple

Out of curiosity guys, what info was leaked when the demo code was hacked a while back?

just titles like "Jill boss fight" "Wesker boss fight 1" "Wesker boss fight 2" etc, and of course character names, Jill Spencer etc.

Rez said:

And, on the same line of thinking, does anyone remember what info was hacked from the RE4 demo back in 2004?

I went back to find the info a few weeks ago after finishing the game, and all I could find was a listing of files or whatever from the demo code. It listed weapon names (some of which I believe changed) and enemy names. Some notables under enemy names were "Jill", "El_Gigante" and "Wesker". "Merchant" was also listed under something. I think Jill was the biggest shocker. I didn't see anything that gave away the "entire structure of the game" or whatever people were saying, unless there were more leaks that I couldn't find.

Pojo

Banned
Neiteio said:
You know what never gets old, though? Talking like Wesker.

"Ur-ro-BOR-rosss."

"Ah, there you ah!"

"Chrissssss!"
My personal favorite is "I'll see you DEAD."

Neiteio

kpop100 said:
We were using infinite weapons including magnums, but we used them sparingly because we wouldn't consider it "beat" until we killed it with the furnace trap. To use an RE4 analogy, it's the difference between tackling a boss the long way or using the Chicago Typewriter (the gun that killed El Gigante in one burst). That being said, I did shoot Uroboros quite a few times with the L. Hawk and it never died from it. Maybe I'd need to shoot a specific spot with the magnum. The orange bulbs?

But yeah, nothing like scrambled Uroboros in the morning. :D

I really like the abandoned building leading up to the first Uroboros. Lots of strong imagery there. I love the crows on the rafters silhouetted against a hot golden sky. And when I think back on it, 1-2 was one of the scarier stages. Remember the streets with the broken ladder where you help Sheva up to the Old Building Key? I was really on edge catching just fleeting glimpses of Majini dragging people away on the other side of the fence, fear that was not unfounded since they can work their way up the street with all its right angles and blindside you from the shadows. Pins and needles that added suspense to the Hansel-and-Gretel trail of corpses Chris and Sheva follow.

mattso

on my pro run after getting uroboros into the furnace 2 times with the aid of the barrels I just popped a few arrows into his orange bulbs to kill him.

I was actually surprised when he didn't die from the furnace... then I realized the rest of the bosses should be fun...

so glad I never have to do that again. I really think veteran is the perfect difficulty and anytime I play the story mode for whatever that's what I use.

RE endings have always been like oh ok *flies away*

RE1: mansion explodes, they fly away on a chopper
RE2: one exception
RE3: they fly away on a chopper, city nuked
RECV: they fly away on a jet, base explodes
RE4: another exception, but RE4 has a lot of exceptions about it...
RE5: they fly away on a chopper,
Wesker explodes
but I guess not in that order :lol

eso76

thinking of it, one thing that makes the experience less interesting compared to re4 is not being able to understand what the majini's are saying, or even knowing if they're actually saying something meaninful.
i believe no other game calls the player "Cabron !" (basically, "asshole!")

back in the day we would use lines from Ganados when playing gow1 online which was great fun : )

MATALO !
Detras de ti, imbecil ! (which was actually helpful in understanding there was someone behind you)
And when the match had become a 4 vs 1 manhunt we would start singing that "muere muere muere" hymn-like chant from those caped guys :)

cvxfreak

brandonh83 said:
RE endings have always been like oh ok *flies away*

RE1: mansion explodes, they fly away on a chopper
RE2: one exception
RE3: they fly away on a chopper, city nuked
RECV: they fly away on a jet, base explodes
RE4: another exception, but RE4 has a lot of exceptions about it...
RE5: they fly away on a chopper,
Wesker explodes
but I guess not in that order :lol

REUC ended without a big explosion. :D

eso76 said:
thinking of it, one thing that makes the experience less interesting compared to re4 is not being able to understand what the majini's are saying, or even knowing if they're actually saying something meaninful.
i believe no other game calls the player "Cabron !" (basically, "asshole!")

back in the day we would use lines from Ganados when playing gow1 online which was great fun : )

MATALO !
Detras de ti, imbecil ! (which was actually helpful in understanding there was someone behind you)
And when the match had become a 4 vs 1 manhunt we would start singing that "muere muere muere" hymn-like chant from those caped guys :)

Well I guess if you knew Swahili and not Spanish it would be the exact opposite wouldn't it?

BigAT

I just started up on Professional and was wondering if the melee/bulletproof vest are worth using for it. I didn't bother with them on any other difficulty so I'm not really sure how effective they are, will it prevent me from being put into "dying" from basically one hit?

I just got this game so if anyone wants to play some co op today and dont mind starting at some of the early levels just messege me
psn:TrAcEr_x90

mattso

BigAT said:
I just started up on Professional and was wondering if the melee/bulletproof vest are worth using for it. I didn't bother with them on any other difficulty so I'm not really sure how effective they are, will it prevent me from being put into "dying" from basically one hit?
melee no

bulletproof yes

eso76

GenericPseudonym said:
Well I guess if you knew Swahili and not Spanish it would be the exact opposite wouldn't it?

of course, nonetheless this is something i personally miss in re5. Well, spanish is certainly a lot more common than swahili, among gamers at least. Or maybe it's just that being italian i can understand spanish rather naturally, without having ever learned it and this leads me to the erroneous belief anyone can figure what the ganados are saying : )

neoism

Sidzed2 said:

The almighty RE4 had a short ending to!
Yeah, this game was anything but work lol, pure fucking fun is more like it! I can't even think of a game the will beat this for my GOTY, until maybe BioShock 2 or COD6!, maybe Halo: ODST!

Top Bottom