• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Pojo

Banned
BBQ.jpg

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i think jill's new nose looks great. it's not a beautiful nose or anything, and it's just enough to make her look like a real person.

which is pretty foxy.

Pojo

Banned
beelzebozo said:
i think jill's new nose looks great. it's not a beautiful nose or anything, and it's just enough to make her look like a real person.

which is pretty foxy.
Undoubtedly.

There's still something Squidwardy about it, though. Doesn't help that she's wearing sky blue clothing and a blue hat. :D

Neiteio

Pojo knows what's up. (Oh dear, that was bad. I oughta be pun-ished.) And hey, now that I think of it, the person who did Ashley's voice in RE4 also does Sandy the Squirrel in Spongebob. A Squarepants conspiracy? Oh dear.

Anyway, if Jill's Squidward, call me a fan of calamari. Although it's funny her nose only looks less-than-supermodel-perfect at select angles. Look at these Battle Suit pics where it's more normal:

J01.jpg

J02.jpg

J03.jpg

J05.jpg

No big snoz there. Damn thing's a shape-shifter!

Llyranor said:
The Jill models are only from Mercs mode.
I know you know this, but to clear matters up for the uninitiated, BSAA Jill appears in cutscenes in the main game, and as a playable character in Mercs and Versus. Her other iteration, Battle Suit Jill, is also playable in Mercs and Versus, and plays a role in two amazing back-to-back setpieces later in the main game, as well as a half-dozen cutscenes (plus five more if you count the cloak).

Hurray for the ambiguous nature of spoilers!

Neiteio

Llyranor said:
Only in flashback cutscenes, though, because Jill
is already dead at the beginning of RE5
Yup. I loved all the Spencer Estate flashbacks, in particular the masterful fight sequence (holy shit at dragging Chris across the altar leaving skidmarks) and Spencer's fate...

I WAS TO BECOME A GAAAWD!

Spencer's face in that scene is so expressive and detailed.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Neiteio said:
Yup. I loved all the Spencer Estate flashbacks, in particular the masterful fight sequence (holy shit at dragging Chris across the altar leaving skidmarks) and Spencer's fate...

I WAS TO BECOME A GAAAWD!

Spencer's face in that scene is so expressive and detailed.

TEH RITE TO BII A GAWWWWD!!11one!11!

Neiteio

dgenx said:
TEH RITE TO BII A GAWWWWD!!11one!11!
Right up there with: "Complete. Global. Sat-tur-ra-tion." :lol

I love Frankenstein and got a good Frankenstein's monster vibe from the Spencer scene. Seeing the two of 'em face-to-face... Love it.

Neiteio

fizzelopeguss said:
YOU, leave JILL alone! :lol
Shit son, you had to bump that abominable joke to the top page. I'll have to quote my hot Jill montage on the last page to balance it out. ;P

In the meanwhile, the RE5 comedy hour continues:

RE5Judgment.gif

And is this the Complete Global Saturation pic? The link isn't working so I dug around online and found this:

RE5CompleteGlobalSaturation.gif

:lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Guess I had the right image, but mine's ANIMATED!

Also, Comic Book Villain Wesker is the best. ;P

alba

Little is the new Big
:lol :lol :lol

that line is fucking priceless and now the animated image... god i can't stop laughing :D

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
:lol :lol :lol :lol so much RE5 awesomeness

now we need model pictures of RE5 characters ala RE4 with the reporters and all

ASAP!

I call the Gaf photoshoppers to do that!

m6ahj.jpg

dgenx

Thanks for the idea!

m6ahj.jpg

Pojo

Banned
RE5 has some amazingly epic lines, yes. Not as good as RE4 by a longshot, but they still managed to keep the cheese with the Hollywood cutscenes. Amazing.

VaLiancY

So why the fuck can't I get into a game with my friend? Wow, every game I own has some form of issue connecting or even starting a game.

comrade

VaLiancY said:
So why the fuck can't I get into a game with my friend? Wow, every game I own has some form of issue connecting or even starting a game.
Do the internet connection test on the PS3. Your NAT needs to be "2", same with your friend.

Neiteio

I like Wesker's line about "winnowing" from the hangar fight. "The rest of humanity is only so much CHAFF." It drips with bile.

Oh, and the one at the start of 5-3, where Sheva goes "What's all this talk of evolution?!" and Chris, not comprehending ninth-grade science, responds "I don't know, but don't listen to her, she's a TERRORIST." :lol

Oh, and the obligatory Test of Testicular Fortitude:

RE5-StrongChris.gif

No wonder no boulders chased Chris ala RE4, he would've just pummeled them to gravel. ;P

Nemesis_

Sheva goes "What's all this talk of evolution?!" and Chris, not comprehending ninth-grade science, responds "I don't know, but don't listen to her, she's a TERRORIST."
I'm glad I'm not the only one that picked up how much of a dumbass Chris must be. =P You can really hear the frustration that he probably doesn't understand in his voice during this scene. =P

I'm loving the complete global saturation comic. :D

Neiteio

Nemesis556 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that picked up how much of a dumbass Chris must be. =P You can really hear the frustration that he probably doesn't understand in his voice during this scene. =P

Equally great is every instance involving flowers. :lol

The game's story was one big loopy rollercoaster ride when you think about it. What are the chances they'd
crashland in a volcano
? Pretty damn likely in Fuckawesomeland.

Pojo

Banned
Nemesis556 said:

I didn't think it was goofy at all. He was sick of the senseless delusional crap and just wanted to kill Wesker. Sheva asked a pointless question. It's like saying, "I wonder which genus and species this version of Uroburos is" while you're in a tanker trying to hit one of its ten flailing arms with the hammer of dawn.

Chris's best line is during the Irving boss battle when you're playing as Sheva. "Crack open the shell and the nut comes out." :lol But that's not half as funny as the tagline they have for the game at IMDB:
Can the love between a man and dust cloud defeat the most powerful food entity in the world?
I'm not joking either. See the site:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473298/
I thought the tagline was "Fear you can't forget!" This is one weird error.
Neiteio said:
And then of course there's Jill telling Chris, "You gotta follow them! If you don't, millions will die!" and Chris responds, "Yeah, but..." :lol
Hahaha I forgot about that one. That was gold.

Neiteio

And then of course there's Jill telling Chris, "You gotta follow them! If you don't, millions will die!" and Chris responds, "Yeah, but..." :lol

Oh, and "Suck on this, Weskaaa!" "You sunovabitch."

dgenx

Neiteio said:

Oh, and "Suck on this, Weskaaa!" "You sunovabitch."
:lol@"Yeah,but..."

Oh Chris...

Also something else: The talls majini in the village (you could say the boss) sometimes in my head they say with their voice "uroborosuroborosurobos"

I think I'm the one who is delusional

Neiteio

dgenx said:
:lol@"Yeah,but..."

Oh Chris...

Also something else: The talls majini in the village (you could say the boss) sometimes in my head they say with their voice "uroborosuroborosurobos"

I think I'm the one who is delusional
Not necessarily. A translation of the megaphone Majini's Swahili in the Public Assembly cutscene has him mentioning the gift of Uroboros he and his fellow Majini have been given. Thus, the plagas in the Majini are aware of Wesker's plans to evolve everyone, and thus it's not improbable that you did in fact hear a Giant Majini say "Uroboros."

Speaking of which, the always-quotable Wesker really nailed his pronunciation there. "OOO-row-BOAR-rosss." :lol

Neiteio

GamerSoul said:
Glad i'm not the only one who noticed, :lol yet she is still very hawt. It makes her more unique. heh
Not only that, but you don't even notice anything if you're not looking at her straight-on in the right lighting. I do find it curious, though, that they made her nose so down-to-earth (relatively speaking!) when they spent countless revisions agonizing over Sheva. :lol

Capcom am jungle fever confirmed.

USD

Playing through Professional again (no infinite ammo of course) to go for all S ranks (already did it for the other difficulties) it's not too bad, as long as Attack Reaction is off (doesn't work well with the AI at all, especially if it's Chris, the massive meatshield) and you make liberal use of the restart function when needed if you're the host.

I've begun to take advantage of the ability to disarm enemies by shooting them in the forearm, something I forgot to do the first time through. Granted, the first thing they usually do (if they recover) is pull out another weapon, but hey, it's time spent not attacking me, so it works. Since your partner will almost always be right at your side, it's very easy to deal with grab attacks.

Top Bottom