• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

OriginX

So another question that popped up in my head. How the hell did Jill become a blonde? Did Wesker command her to dye her hair while under mind control? :lol :lol

LiK

OriginX said:
So another question that popped up in my head. How the hell did Jill become a blonde? This Wesker command her to dye her hair while under mind control? :lol :lol

GLOBAL DYE SATURATION~

Insaniac

OriginX said:
So another question that popped up in my head. How the hell did Jill become a blonde? This Wesker command her to dye her hair while under mind control? :lol :lol

yeah seems kinda dumb they would just change her hair color, but there is a slim chance that he DID have her change it, just to make her less recognizable (since she's wearing a frontal mask)

It's unlikely it is a purely cosmetic change for the sake of the series, because they do acknowledge her having brown hair before with her BSAA outfit.

Haunted

LiK said:
dont even worry about that Troll dude in Pro solo. i beat him on my 2nd try. just play as Sheva instead of Chris. the Chris AI fuckin rules. i was worried like you until i followed someone's advice here and played as Sheva instead. :)
?

There's the difference between AI's? Or does it have something to do with the mounted weapon each one is using (Chris' MG vs Sheva's Gatling Gun).

edit: Yeah, seeing blonde Jill was a real wtf moment. Don't like the design changes they've done.

Sectus

The blonde hair is actually explained in the game, it's a side effect of the cryosleep or whatever she was in. The real reason is probably that the developers *really* wanted her to look like zerosuit Samus.

LiK

Haunted said:
?

There's the difference between AI's? Or does it have something to do with the mounted weapon each one is using (Chris' MG vs Sheva's Gatling Gun).

definitely the AI. Sheva AI would occasionally shoot the Plagas and idle but Chris will constantly shoot them nonstop. it doesnt seem like Chris AI's gun overheats at all either. :D

Sectus said:
The blonde hair is actually explained in the game, it's a side effect of the cryosleep or whatever she was in. The real reason is probably that the developers *really* wanted her to look like zerosuit Samus.

or Nina from Tekken :p

OriginX

Insaniac said:
yeah seems kinda dumb they would just change her hair color, but there is a slim chance that he DID have her change it, just to make her less recognizable (since she's wearing a frontal mask)

It's unlikely it is a purely cosmetic change for the sake of the series, because they do acknowledge her having brown hair before with her BSAA outfit.

Well I thought of the idea of him having her do it to protect her identity, but I think it would be just as easy/easier and more efficient to just shave her head completely lol. Now I don't think that would fly with the fans, but it makes more sense IMO. It would be nice if Capcom put something in the files that explained it or gave a rational for it.

Haunted

LiK said:
definitely the AI. Sheva AI would occasionally shoot the Plagas and idle but Chris will constantly shoot them nonstop. it doesnt seem like Chris AI's gun overheats at all either. :D
Interesting. I'll definitely test this out on Pro. :D

Neiteio

Insaniac said:

Jill's blonde hair. FAQ #1!

The reason is explained in the game. Go to 5-2 and check out the computer right on the platform where you start. The computer tells you Jill's blonde hair is a "pigmentation abnormality" caused by the experiments she's undergone.

ALSO, from a thematic standpoint it seems obvious to me it's a symbol that Wesker changed her. Hell, just look at the shot where the BLONDE Jill is standing next to the BLONDE Wesker on the side of EVIL and Wesker says "Two on two." I think this should be clear to anyone who's ever had to deal with symbolism in a literature class before. :D

People, start placing bets how many times more I'll explain this!

Sectus said:
The cutscene with Alize was definitely one of the best cutscenes in RE5.
It's Alizée. The Photobucket filename drops the accented 'e' because it hates the French.

Insaniac

Sectus said:

what document / file is this explaiend in?

edit Neiteio too fast

editedit: don't hide it, you love talking about Jill, Neiteio

They do explain why Jill is a blonde now in the memos. Something to do with all the crap Wesker was doing to her to get the virus antibodies she was producing fucked with her DNA and made her hair blonde.

Neiteio

Insaniac said:
what document / file is this explaiend in?

edit Neito too fast
Ha, nice catch. Read up and be enriched by the fountain of wisdom that is me.

EDIT:
You're right, I love Jill-talk.

Sectus

I personally really like her BSAA outfit. It looks cooler, and way more practical and realistic than her outfit in RE1. It would have been neat to have her STARS outfit as an unlockable though.

One thing which they should have done is to make these 2 outfits available: Chris seems to use a unique outfit in the flashback cutscenes, but you can't use that in mercs mode. And it would have been neat to have another playable Wesker where he's wearing his coat.

Sectus

Nope, different outfits. I'd prove it by posting some really fancy screenshots of the cutscene, but alas, my 360 hates me.

Cimarron

Why is Jill blonde?

I think its simply a play on the whole augmented/super human(oid) gag that japan seems to be so fond of.

IE. Wesker, Super Saiyans, Super Sonic, Sephiroth, etc.

When you 'evolve' you become more 'aryan' looking. *sighs*

Neiteio

Cimarron said:
Why is Jill blonde?

I think its simply a play on the whole augmented/super human(oid) gag that japan seems to be so fond of.

IE. Wesker, Super Saiyans, Super Sonic, Sephiroth, etc.

When you 'evolve' you become more 'aryan' looking. *sighs*
That's an interesting take. But in case you didn't see the game's reason (and my ideas on the theme) that were posted on the last page:

Neiteio said:
The reason is explained in the game. Go to 5-2 and check out the computer right on the platform where you start. The computer tells you Jill's blonde hair is a "pigmentation abnormality" caused by the experiments she's undergone.

ALSO, from a thematic standpoint it seems obvious to me it's a symbol that Wesker changed her. Hell, just look at the shot where the BLONDE Jill is standing next to the BLONDE Wesker on the side of EVIL and Wesker says "Two on two." I think this should be clear to anyone who's ever had to deal with symbolism in a literature class. :D
I don't think this question is asked often enough.

Cimarron

Experimentation she has gone under in order to give her super human abilities.

I also get the whole "Two on Two" thing from a thematic stand point. 2 lighter super humans vs. their darker and inferior counterparts. Yeah Chris and Sheva win but it's still a little annoying given the history behind that sort of thing.

farnham

Banned
the real reason why jill is blonde

6957_Kopie%20von%20Nina_Williams.jpg

img_sarah_main.jpg

ZeroSuitSamus.png

no..?

anyway i dont like the looks of both chris and jill

i mean in REmake they look like this

chris-and-jill_1237919317.jpg

Neiteio

I think the more... "compelling" question is what is THAT doing on her suit? (In the game but NSFW!)

Looks like Wesker designed for easy access. O___O

Brilliant!

Cimarron

I liked the old brown haired Jill better to be honest. But RE5's roid rage Chris is a HUGE improvement. Who needs hair bleaching super viruses when you can POUND 8 TON BOULDERS WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!

Cimarron

Neiteio said:
I think the more... "compelling" question is what is THAT doing on her suit? (In the game but NSFW!)

Brilliant!

:lol Weskers superhuman intelligence confirmed! :D

LiK

Neiteio said:

Brilliant!

what else do you think Wesker was doing when she was "sleeping". it's no wonder he didn't care about Excella :lol

Neiteio

If RE6 has the robotic spawn of Wesker popping out of Jill's special spot, that's it, we'd have our Game of the Forever.

Not even a contest.

I already seen enough spoilers in this thread but thankfully not enough to give me the entire games story, the Jill hair thing is interesting though.

Returners

Neiteio said:
If RE6 has the robotic spawn of Wesker popping out of Jill's special spot, that's it, we'd have our Game of the Forever.

Not even a contest.

Jill: "Chris... something.... something is happening to me... something... is growing inside me...."

Chris flashes back to Wesker's: "GLOBAL SATURATION"

Chris: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

DLC anyone? :D

Also, someone rehost the gif of Wesker's Comic Book Villians!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Cimarron said:
I liked the old brown haired Jill better to be honest. But RE5's roid rage Chris is a HUGE improvement. Who needs hair bleaching super viruses when you can POUND 8 TON BOULDERS WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!

To be honest, this was one of my most hated aspects of the game.

I get why the did the blonde Jill, so that's okay, but it did look weird. I wouldn't know that was Jill if we weren't told it was Jill.

But the Chris thing, that was a bit too ridiculous for me. I figured they would do something cool relating to the story line, like he really is taking some sort of roid in order to be able to go up against Wesker and find Jill, but that's not the case. They just made him stupidly huge.

Neiteio

omg rite said:
But the Chris thing, that was a bit too ridiculous for me. I figured they would do something cool relating to the story line, like he really is taking some sort of roid in order to be able to go up against Wesker and find Jill, but that's not the case. They just made him stupidly huge.
Hey, they have to fit all the awesome somewhere.

I feel bad for the boulder's wife and child.

In the beginning of 4-2, with the giant lenses that shoot beams at you, I hear it's possible to kill the guys operating them. But I can't find anyone near them.

Was I lied to? >_>

edit: lol nvm, just found them.

cvxfreak

Grimm Fandango said:
In the beginning of 4-2, with the giant lenses that shoot beams at you, I hear it's possible to kill the guys operating them. But I can't find anyone near them.

Was I lied to? >_>

edit: lol nvm, just found them.

:lol :D

Insaniac

yeah I figured this out when I felt like sniping something. Same way I discovered how to prevent the cage dropping on me in the Ship level: Just wanted to snipe something.

Top Bottom