• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
C- Warrior said:
However, for the Ndetsu fight it's good. Have the AI be Chris and you be Sheva and it's cake.

Lik recommended i try Ndetsu in this manner on pro, and i did last night. It did seem easier, but i still died like 10 times before i finally got it.... :lol :lol

Its those fricken Majini in the background that keep respawning at the worst times and hitting me with an arrow when im at the worst point to kill them. That is what made the battle tricky for me...

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Lik recommended i try Ndetsu in this manner on pro, and i did last night. It did seem easier, but i still died like 10 times before i finally got it.... :lol :lol

Its those fricken Majini in the background that keep respawning at the worst times and hitting me with an arrow when im at the worst point to kill them. That is what made the battle tricky for me...

yea, they're annoying. but the only dude that you should worry about is the guy on the left with the molotov. he takes off way more life than the arrow dudes. altho taking out the guys on the right when you have a chance doesn't hurt either since Chris AI will keep shooting Ndesu.

congrats on beating it. :)

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
LiK said:
yea, they're annoying. but the only dude that you should worry about is the guy on the left with the molotov. he takes off way more life than the arrow dudes. altho taking out the guys on the right when you have a chance doesn't hurt either since Chris AI will keep shooting Ndesu.

congrats on beating it. :)

Thanks!!! From what im reading, my next level to fear on pro mode is the
Jill
battle in 5-3......

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Thanks!!! From what im reading, my next level to fear on pro mode is the
Jill
battle in 5-3......

yea, it's the only real tough part in Pro solo. took a lot of retries for me because Sheva AI won't heal me when i get knocked down.

Returners said:
which of the magnum's your favourite?

S&W M500 - love it.

GQman2121

Banned
I finally got the platinum trophy last night after upgrading the last few weapons I needed. I've picked up the DLC and have a few of those trophies as well, but I don't know how long I'm going to stick with it. I doubt long enough to get all of the 30 wins trophies.

Amir0x

Banned
Man this game is so rad, longest I've ever been consistently playing a Resident Evil game is RE5 now... and I have not tried Versus and barely touched Mercenaries.

my one little problem for co-op play. If two people are playing together and the host disconnects, the host is allowed to continue playing. But the other person is kicked off altogether. They should really have allowed both sides to keep playing by themselves with the A.I. once host disconnects.

This led to a really awkward moment where I was trying to get my friend through the finale of Veteran, and my DSL crashed RIGHT AT THE CREDITS. And he disconnected and did not get the achievements.

I felt so bad.

Anyway, that aside, best Resident Evil EVER. 12/10.

Insaniac

Amir0x said:
Man this game is so rad, longest I've ever been consistently playing a Resident Evil game is RE5 now... and I have not tried Versus and barely touched Mercenaries.

my one little problem for co-op play. If two people are playing together and the host disconnects, the host is allowed to continue playing. But the other person is kicked off altogether. They should really have allowed both sides to keep playing by themselves with the A.I. once host disconnects.

This led to a really awkward moment where I was trying to get my friend through the finale of Veteran, and my DSL crashed RIGHT AT THE CREDITS. And he disconnected and did not get the achievements.

I felt so bad.

the inclusion of co-op mercenaries has significantly extended the life of the game for me, now that i've unlocked all weps and infinite ammo

mittelos

LiK said:
finished the game by myself (once again) for the PS3 version last night. since i have 1000 points already for the 360 version, now i can go for the platnium trophy on the PS3. i don't think i can stop playing this game :lol
Bought both versions at launch, but loaned my PS3 version to a friend, so I've strictly been playing on 360. I've been having some cravings to play the PS3 version- a "from scratch" run-through if you will. Also, after getting 1000 points on the 360 version, I really want to get Platinum on PS3. Need to get my PS3 copy back from my WOW-obsessed, will never get around to playing RE5, bastard of a friend! I take that back, he did play it briefly once, and all I heard from him was "TEH CONTROLS, TEH CONTROLS". Come to think of it, I hate my friend! :lol

So I just bought Versus yesterday. LOVE IT.

Unfortunately, the best character I could buy with the few Exchange points I had was Battle Suit Jill, and it's tough to compete with an army of S.T.A.R.S Weskers online. It really is satisfying when you do drop a Wesker though, and even more so when you win the match.

I wish the lobby system wasn't so ass though.

Guzim

I finished Professional mode. I don't think I will ever play that mode again due to how terrible Sheva's AI is :lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Guzim said:
I finished Professional mode. I don't think I will ever play that mode again due to how terrible Sheva's AI is :lol
How? :(
I'm so frustrated. You get hit one time and you're dying and your death meter goes down so quickly.

I don't even think I'm going to play it.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
So I finally got Versus mode so far it's really cool!

who wanna play?

xbl: dgenererex

I'm up to everything mostly team slayers

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Plowed through a bunch of levels in Pro tonite on solo. I went from 3-3, and beat the Jill battle in 5-3.

Dang....5-3 was a major PITA on pro....Sheva wouldnt heal me when i would get hit and be dying....AND I WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER!!! :lol

Anyhow, almost done with pro, and I'll have my first platinum!!! :D

Neiteio

Amir0x said:

I felt so bad.

Gah! I haven't gotten around to playing this game in a week. All you guys are having fun without me. ;__;

I hunger a STARS Wesker/Hydra smackdown in Slayers.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Team slayers is like Mercs on fuckin steroids!

how do I get new characters orthey just appear?

Guzim

Fantastical said:
How? :(
I'm so frustrated. You get hit one time and you're dying and your death meter goes down so quickly.

I don't even think I'm going to play it.
Honestly, I died a lot of times and I kept retrying. Boss fights were the toughest.

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Plowed through a bunch of levels in Pro tonite on solo. I went from 3-3, and beat the Jill battle in 5-3.

Dang....5-3 was a major PITA on pro....Sheva wouldnt heal me when i would get hit and be dying....AND I WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER!!! :lol

yea, i warned ya ;)

Neiteio said:
Gah! I haven't gotten around to playing this game in a week. All you guys are having fun without me. ;__;

I hunger a STARS Wesker/Hydra smackdown in Slayers.

That's remind me we should do a GAF Tournament or something, forbbiding 3 things:

1) Wesker STARS
2) USD
3) Sectus

J/K except for the USD and Sectus bit :lol :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Shaheed79 said:
Well you have to remember I'm not playing with super weapons, powerful weapons or even upgraded regular weapons. I'm playing Pro with un upgraded regular handguns with infinite ammo off.

Shaheed79 I hate to call bullshit on ya bro.... but C'mon seriously. You're obviously bullshitting as everyone knows it is LITERALLY impossible to go through the game solo on Pro without infinite ammo.

It just....can't be done. So at least admit you're using infinite ammo and an upgraded to the max Hydra and then maybe we'll take your complaints seriously :D

mittelos

sloppyjoe_gamer said:

Yeah, 5-3 pro was the only time I had problems with Sheva. First time I've thrown my controller in years.

Been playing a lot of Mercs, solo and co-op with a buddy. So much fun. We keep planning to hit Versus, but can't seem to pull ourselves away from Mercs.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
isamu said:
Shaheed79 I hate to call bullshit on ya bro.... but C'mon seriously. You're obviously bullshitting as everyone knows it is LITERALLY impossible to go through the game solo on Pro without infinite ammo.

It just....can't be done. So at least admit you're using infinite ammo and an upgraded to the max Hydra and then maybe we'll take your complaints seriously :D

I'm not so sure it is impossible...

To me, the only thing that makes pro mode so hard is the fact that pretty much 1 hit in all situations takes you or your partner to dying status. The overall difficulty of the enemies, etc...(at least to me) do not seem any different than Veteran.

To me in theory, as long as you can keep yourselves alive, and have a maxed out powerful weapon (hydra for example), and you have decent aim to not waste your ammo, I'd say it could be done without infinite turned on. Not saying I'm going to try it though....:lol

LiK

i think it's possible to play Pro without infinite ammo for the regular sections. and for the bosses, just buy a regular rocket launcher and you can beat them that way. it's still technically not using infinite ammo. but, i'm not gonna torture myself by playing it that way tho. :p

LiK

ChrisGoldstein said:
How do you kill that flying bug boss on the 2nd level? The one on the side of the cliff?

first playthrough? use proximity mines scattered through the level. once it's knocked down, shoot the orange flesh under the tail. rinse and repeat.

USD

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
I'm not so sure it is impossible...

To me, the only thing that makes pro mode so hard is the fact that pretty much 1 hit in all situations takes you or your partner to dying status. The overall difficulty of the enemies, etc...(at least to me) do not seem any different than Veteran.

To me in theory, as long as you can keep yourselves alive, and have a maxed out powerful weapon (hydra for example), and you have decent aim to not waste your ammo, I'd say it could be done without infinite turned on. Not saying I'm going to try it though....:lol
I'm pretty isamu was just joking. I've been Professional twice, both times without infinite ammo, using the M92F, S75, and Hydra as my primary weapons. Haven't tried a handgun-only run yet.

Neiteio

On Youtube there are entire Pro runs using only un-upgraded weapons, so there are at least a few people who have documented proof of their accomplishment and aren't talking out their asses. :D

Also, banning STARS Wesker from Versus? Even in jest it's too silly a notion to ignore. He may have an edge where starting pistols are concerned (a samurai edge, ohoho!), but in most cases each players starts near a stronger weapon anyway, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I smoke plenty of STARS online.

What's next, a tier list? :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Neiteio said:
Also, banning STARS Wesker from Versus? Even in jest it's too silly a notion to ignore. He may have an edge where starting pistols are concerned (a samurai edge, ohoho!), but in most cases each players starts near a stronger weapon anyway, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I smoke plenty of STARS online.

What's next, a tier list? :lol

Yeah, the notion's really just ridiculous. I hate to hear people complain when I pick STARS Wesker on the select screen. I don't necessarily do it because he's better. I do it because he looks cool.

In any case, the differences in the different pistols (especially since some start with machine guns) is negligible.

He's pretty powerful in Slayers, though, which I just now read is what the original post was referring to. He's arguably overpowered, but not to the level of bannable. :lol

Neiteio

Something remarkable about Versus I've noted is that, in my experience at least, there is no "Ken." In other words, I see all of the characters used fairly equally. Yeah, Wesker and Jill are popular -- both versions of both characters -- but I see all three versions of Chris and Sheva on a regular basis as well.

It'd be cool if Leaderboards kept track of character usage. I'd probably guess STARS Wesker is most used, but only by a smidge over Battle Suit Jill and BSAA Chris.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
LiK said:
first playthrough? use proximity mines scattered through the level. once it's knocked down, shoot the orange flesh under the tail. rinse and repeat.

Yeah. Had the game since early march but just getting around to it. Thanks tho, figured the proximity mines had something to do with it

dgenx

Neiteio said:
It'd be cool if Leaderboards kept track of character usage. I'd probably guess STARS Wesker is most used, but only by a smidge over Battle Suit Jill and BSAA Chris.

I always try no to use STARS Wesker and use Midnight Wesker instead.. I just feel that it's too easy and I like challenge

Result: I'm loosing my team slayers matches D:

pd. Why they kick me when I use Stars Wesker :lol

cvxfreak

Relaxed Muscle said:
Yes, there's a Platinum Achievement in 360 and 300 Gamerpoints on PS3 if you get all the Resident Evil 5 SKU's on each platform.

Whoops, wrong platform. :lol

Didn't realize that the 360 doesn't seem to have an equivalent to the Platinum Trophy.

Insaniac

We should develop a series of challenges for GAF users to try, not only in SP, but mercs too, like a no time bonus/no combo bonus high score, or single weapon merc runs

Sectus

I wouldn't say Wesker STARS is overpowered, but he's definitely overused. Probably 80% of people I meet online in slayer mode play as Wesker STARS.

LiK

Sectus said:
I wouldn't say Wesker STARS is overpowered, but he's definitely overused. Probably 80% of people I meet online in slayer mode play as Wesker STARS.

the combo of sunglasses and magnum = sexiness

dgenx

shit I forgot my Versus Review:

Awesome, love slayer , suck in survivor fuck the haters

now let me play kthxbai

Neiteio

Sectus said:
He's got it all: nostalgla, sunglasses, one-of-a-kind pistol, coolest magnum, coolest shotgun.

I prefer Midnight's clothes, however. Form-fitting, chequered and oh-so-shiny!

EDIT: Oh, and Midnight minesweeper! I feel like Bomberman in Prison.

Sectus said:

I think he is a bit overpowered or at least, it has a clear edge compared with the other characters (only in Slayers, Survivor it's pretty much equilibrated), the main problem is the Hydra it's clearly owerpowred compared the other Shotguns and other starting weapons, not only it's an awesome control crowd, good range and its almost a sure kill for a zombie. both in close range and mid range, and can blast easily most of bosses and players, only the Jail breaker come close in function but again Hydra still wins by far, and it's the only character with the dash move, with can give you and advantage respecting other character in both attack and bail out manuvers. Of course normally all depends of player skill and obviously using rightfully the characters strenghts but even that playing against Wesker STARS it's needed an extra effort in most cases.

That said, I don't think he should be banned from tournaments and yeah he's overused.

Sectus

Relaxed Muscle said:
I think he is a bit overpowered or at least, it has a clear edge compared with the other characters (only in Slayers, Survivor it's pretty much equilibrated), the main problem is the Hydra it's clearly owerpowred compared the other Shotguns and other starting weapons, not only it's an awesome control crowd, good range and its almost a sure kill for a zombie. both in close range and mid range, and can blast easily most of bosses and players, only the Jail breaker come close in function but again Hydra still wins by far, and it's the only character with the dash move, with can give you and advantage respecting other character in both attack and bail out manuvers. Of course normally all depends of player skill and obviously using rightfully the characters strenghts but even that playing against Wesker STARS it's needed an extra effort in most cases.

That said, I don't think he should be banned from tournaments and yeah he's overused.
I agree he's powerful, but I think it's more of a case of certain other characters being underpowered. All the characters are good at killing majini, but not all the characters are great at defeating human players. Basically, all the characters with a semi-automatic shotgun, magnum, nitrogen rounds or rocket launcher can very quickly defeat human players. It's Chris BSAA, Sheva BSAA and Jill which are underpowered since they've got no way to quickly deal with human players.

I wish Capcom would have an added option to turn off player->player damage in slayer mode. I think the mode is more fun that way, and it would have solved that balance issue.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I picked up the PS3 version and have the nicer Sony headset. If anyone on my Friends hasn't started the game or is early into it and needs a co-op buddy, let me know. I want to play with someone who hasn't beaten the game yet so we can enjoy the "WOW!" moments together, but I may change my mind later since the game has been out a while.

Top Bottom