• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Erebus

Best Sheva costume mod so far. :lol
54347-VW59XWI.jpg

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=9996

starskyj

bee said:
goto \resident evil 5\nativePC and delete shaderlog.slg then create a new txt file and just rename it to that (change the filetype to slg of course) and it loads fast just like dx10
Thanks, that worked for me.

Curufinwe

GWX said:
Sweet, will try it after finishing the game. I'm busy with Batman + RE5 + Red Faction here :D

DX9-only? Well, big-ass loading it is. Also, it has any performance hit?

I have very fast loading on DX9 with Windows XP.

ArjanN

GWX said:
Sweet, will try it after finishing the game. I'm busy with Batman + RE5 + Red Faction here :D

DX9-only? Well, big-ass loading it is. Also, it has any performance hit?

I remember some people having long loading times in DMC4 as well. Especially on graphic cards with not as much memory.

Personally I don't think I've had a loading time longer than one second. :)

GWX

bee said:
goto \resident evil 5\nativePC and delete shaderlog.slg then create a new txt file and just rename it to that (change the filetype to slg of course) and it loads fast just like dx10

Whoa, didn't know that. Thanks!

Curufinwe

I just switched to Control Scheme C after playing thru the first 4 chapters using D (with a little bit of mouse + kb time thrown in).

RE 4 on the GC is my favorite game this decade, so I was stupid not to start off using C where the shooting controls are just like RE 4.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
"The Alternative Edition of Resident Evil 5 may have sparked a bit jealousy within 360 owners. However, during a Darkside Chronicles stage event at the Tokyo Game Show, producer Jun Takeuchi talked about new content that will be added to the 360 version of Resident Evil 5."

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2009/09/27/tgs-09-360-resident-evil-5-getting-bonus-content/

It was reported that old games can't be capable with Natal because of extreme coding. However, it would of been cool to see what they would do a Natal RE5.

Red

So where do you put in the CD key for this game? I've played through to the axe guy and haven't been able to connect to Live because I don't have a verified key, but I never saw a prompt to type it in.

Runs like garbage on my computer. Getting 30 fps barely at 1024×768 with everything on low (no AA). During cutscenes the frame rate drops to ~15. But it's playable. Loses some immersion because the people look like Lego characters, but that's alright.

Would love to see a few more Mercs maps and characters too. Leon, Hunk, Ada, etc.

The new mission + extra mercs content would be more than enough for me. If it's DLC, of course.

AnnSwag

Why would anyone be jealous of having to rebuy a game to use with new controllers? Let alone the fact that it still requires the old controller and the new controller requires purchasing a camera and a controller.

Honestly, this should be DLC at most. I'm surprised Sony isn't paying them for implementing the motion controllers, as well.

Shurs

AnnSwag said:
Why would anyone be jealous of having to rebuy a game to use with new controllers? Let alone the fact that it still requires the old controller and the new controller requires purchasing a camera and a controller.

Honestly, this should be DLC at most. I'm surprised Sony isn't paying them for implementing the motion controllers, as well.

You're surprised that Capcom is willingly re-releasing a title after a slight iteration? It's fucking Capcom. This is what they do.

AnnSwag

Shurs said:
You're surprised that Capcom is willingly re-releasing a title after a slight iteration? It's fucking Capcom. This is what they do.

It looks like your right about that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AnnSwag said:
"The Alternative Edition of Resident Evil 5 may have sparked a bit jealousy within 360 owners. However, during a Darkside Chronicles stage event at the Tokyo Game Show, producer Jun Takeuchi talked about new content that will be added to the 360 version of Resident Evil 5."

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2009/09/27/tgs-09-360-resident-evil-5-getting-bonus-content/

It was reported that old games can't be capable with Natal because of extreme coding. However, it would of been cool to see what they would do a Natal RE5.

So basically: 360 gets Jill/Chris Spencer Mansion episode, while PS3 gets Waggle and those of us that supported Capcom Day 1 with the PS3 version get jackshit?

Great... Capcom... Great.

And this is why I fucking hate buying Street Fighter and the like, releasing the same damn thing with minor additions.

Crunched said:
So where do you put in the CD key for this game? I've played through to the axe guy and haven't been able to connect to Live because I don't have a verified key, but I never saw a prompt to type it in.

Runs like garbage on my computer. Getting 30 fps barely at 1024×768 with everything on low (no AA). During cutscenes the frame rate drops to ~15. But it's playable. Loses some immersion because the people look like Lego characters, but that's alright.

When you sign into Live, it should ask for the key then. Whats your PC spec ?

CrankyJay

Banned
Ugh, started my professional run-through last evening. Not good. Can't even get past the first stage. Tried like 20 times...Sheva just can't get to me fast enough when I am dying to heal me, even when I have her on Cover.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
CrankyJay said:
Ugh, started my professional run-through last evening. Not good. Can't even get past the first stage. Tried like 20 times...Sheva just can't get to me fast enough when I am dying to heal me, even when I have her on Cover.

Don't give her healing items. It's counterintuitive, but the animation of her pulling out the spray makes it take longer for her to revive you. It's better to heal afterwards, but just have her revive you instead.

Red

Can't figure out why this game is running so sluggishly on my PC. The benchmark tool/FPS display is reading perfectly reasonable numbers (between 35 and 60 fps, running variable test), but in practice those numbers mean nothing because I'm constantly being pushed between moments of slow-mo, alternating like every two or three seconds. I get a burst of normal speed, then turtle speed, then normal speed again. Doesn't happen until I've been playing for four or five minutes, but happens consistently every time. Anyone have any advice? I haven't found anything on this problem via Google, seen no mention of it anywhere else. There're the sluggish controls that get brought up, but those aren't the problem. I have no issues with m&kb in this game. What's going on here is the game itself, it's like I'm going through cycles of bullet time, and it's very annoying. FPS isn't dropping though, so I don't know what the problem is.

Should note that I posted earlier about the game running like shit on my laptop, but it increased in performance tremendously after I updated my GPU drivers. Still have the slowdown frustration, though.

CrankyJay

Banned
GuardianE said:
Don't give her healing items. It's counterintuitive, but the animation of her pulling out the spray makes it take longer for her to revive you. It's better to heal afterwards, but just have her revive you instead.

I just ended up investing in the gatling gun, makes this mode a breeze. :lol

Dyno

CrankyJay said:
I just ended up investing in the gatling gun, makes this mode a breeze. :lol

For Professional I had the luxury of two unlimited rocket launchers and two unlimited magnums. Did some of my best times on that run. :D

Dyno

Damn those PC shots make me want to play again! Haters be damned I just loved RE5. Great action, great visuals, great unlockables, and I loved the segmented chapters.

Thing is I've done practically everything in the game. All weapons are maxxed, all chapters maxxed, all difficulties and the speed run. Aside from a bit of Mercenary stuff I have nothing to work towards.

Picked up the PC version recently. Currently on chapter 3-3 i think (I've already beaten on 360). Add me if (tag: blackMamba187) if anyone wants to play some co-op. I'm tired of micromanaging Sheva so she doesn't use all of my ammo.

Okay, I just tried to play this again for the first since about June. I'm used to Uncharted 2 now, and I can't stand the tank controls anymore.

That's right.

I've been playing RE since 96, and I. Can't. Get. Used. To. Tank. Controls.

1:0

What has happened to me?! I used to defend them!

Erebus

Sectus said:
I was actually trying to figure out the same thing. I'm able to get 60fps almost all the time in story mode, so it's a nonissue there. But in no mercy mode it's unable to keep 60fps, and the framerate varies a lot... that isn't too bad itself, but the stuttery movement is rather annoying. It seems to happened whenever the framerate is below 60 (does it happen when it's above 60 too?). I don't think there's any technical term for it, I haven't had it happen in other games besides this one.

I'm thinking it might be related to an odd way the engine calculates movement or something. If I unlock the framerate, it feels like certain animations goes by too fast.
Quoting this old post of Sectus to see if someone found a way to get rid of that annoying movement stuttery without having to lock the fps at 30 or turn off the vsync. :(

Sectus

DarkUSS said:
Quoting this old post of Sectus to see if someone found a way to get rid of that annoying movement stuttery without having to lock the fps at 30 or turn off the vsync. :(
I experimented a bit more but I didn't find any solution for it. I'm always limiting the framerate at 60 or 30 (30 for no mercy mode).

Does turning off vsync remove the stuttering entirely? I can't remember if I even tried that.

I finally got 1200/1200 a couple days ago :D

Man, I can't believe how many people have been giving me negative reviews =/ My favorite mode would have to be Team Survivors, so how could I be marked mostly as "Unsporting"!? I always do my best to work with my partner, giving him first-aid sprays, weapons, etc., and I'm not exactly going to let the other team just run away from me =/ SO, WHY!? I have 25% Aggressive and 75% Unsporting in my Rep details =/ Ironically, as my details worsened my rating got filled to five stars...

I know, it doesn't matter, but one can't help but wonder if it's out spite or something that you get negatively reviewed.

Anyway, I've had some amazing partners before :D It's great how you can work well together if you know what you're doing.

Erebus

Sectus said:
I experimented a bit more but I didn't find any solution for it. I'm always limiting the framerate at 60 or 30 (30 for no mercy mode).

Does turning off vsync remove the stuttering entirely? I can't remember if I even tried that.
Turning off the vsync does the trick as far as I can tell.

Erebus

Curufinwe said:
I couldn't do that. It tears like a mofo without V-sync, and tearing usually doesn't bother me that much in games.
And that's why I prefer to turn on the vsync and limit the frame rate to 30fps.

Fio

I just got the game. (PC version.)

Which version should I play? DirectX 9 or DirectX 10?

My rig:

Win 7 64 bits
X2 5000+ @ 2.6
2GB RAM
8800GT 512

Thanks.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Fio said:
I just got the game. (PC version.)

Which version should I play? DirectX 9 or DirectX 10?

My rig:

Win 7 64 bits
X2 5000+ @ 2.6
2GB RAM
8800GT 512

Thanks.
Benchmark both and see which is best. DX10 gave me an increase in framerate, for others it performs worse.

Top Bottom