• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Sectus said:
Thank you! I was trying to find some decent videos of No Mercy so I could grow jealous of PC owners :( All those enemies...do want! :(

Also: damn...and here I was happy with my A rank with BSAA Chris on Public Assembly :( At least I learned something, though! I always discard the handgun to get only shotgun shells. I may just have to try and replicate what you did--you're awesome! :eek:

Teetris said:
Any nude mods yet? Preferrably Chris
Another reason to be jealous. Not only do you get his awesome Warrior costume, but you'll most probably get him in even better clothing--less or none at all
...=D

Red

Anyone know if there are console commands enabled in the PC version? If so, can you link to a list of them? Can't find any myself. Downloading on Steam right now.

Solid

I am playing this game right now and I just finished chapter 5. I have to say that this is a major disappointment. No where near RE4. In fact, the only thing I want to do when I play RE5 is to play RE4 again. That was magic! This feels more like a RE4 meets Dino Crisis and Tomb Raider. I even liked RE Zero more than this.

Sectus

Baloonatic said:
Holy shit :lol Are any of these model swaps bug free now?
Not even by a long shot. Those Wesker screenshots I showed are one of the buggiest swaps so far. It's just dumb luck that they happened to look awesome in cutscenes.

I've done a few model swaps which works reasonably well though with only a few bugs, like these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAI3xRuD9Nk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuRqOUisIqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xepoUqs_M

One big problem I've had with every model swap so far is that I can't get them to show with the correct head model in cutscenes. Well, unless I'm replacing the same character with the same character in a different outfit, but that isn't too exciting.

Xanathus said:
I assume none of those costume mods can be seen by your partner in co-op?
Only if both players have the same mods installed.

dragonlife29 said:
Thank you! I was trying to find some decent videos of No Mercy so I could grow jealous of PC owners :( All those enemies...do want! :(

Also: damn...and here I was happy with my A rank with BSAA Chris on Public Assembly :( At least I learned something, though! I always discard the handgun to get only shotgun shells. I may just have to try and replicate what you did--you're awesome! :eek:

Another reason to be jealous. Not only do you get his awesome Warrior costume, but you'll most probably get him in even better clothing--less or none at all
...=D
Glad you like them. I've got a bunch of other videos on the same account. I'll probably record more No Mercy videos... although lately I've been spending pretty much all my time trying random modding with the game.

USD

7a6cfb587c385728c3c873674e58c90f48232cde.jpg

Chris actually looks pretty badass right here.

whats with all the RE5 bashing on GAF? its a mediocre game fine, but it aint crap.

let's not pretend that killing the dogs was not fun.

RE desperately needs Mikami back if they are to ever
A) make a better RE than 4 or
B) a scarier RE than REmake...

otoh Kamiya (RE2) will suffice.

too bad theyre both not affiliated with Capcom anymore.

jett

D-Member
I'm playing through the PC version...hawt dayum the graphics during cut-scenes are unbelievable. During gameplay they are pretty good still, but they're not the same. The controls however are terribad, I struggle with them constantly. I don't get it, I replayed RE4 last year with little to no trouble. I think the main issue with this game is the placement/behavior of the zombies. RE4's game design takes into account its tank-like controls, RE5 does not. I'm constantly getting buttfucked because Chris doesn't turn fast enough or because I can't aim while I'm moving. To be honest mowing down wave after wave after wave of zombies is also getting boring, and I'm only up to chapter 2-3 or something. The set pieces/level design of RE4 is just WAY better for now. WAY better.

cvxfreak

jett said:
I'm playing through the PC version...hawt dayum the graphics during cut-scenes are unbelievable. During gameplay they are pretty good still, but they're not the same. The controls however are terribad, I struggle with them constantly. I don't get it, I replayed RE4 last year with little to no trouble. I think the main issue with this game is the placement/behavior of the zombies. RE4's game design takes into account its tank-like controls, RE5 does not. I'm constantly getting buttfucked because Chris doesn't turn fast enough or because I can't aim while I'm moving. To be honest mowing down wave after wave after wave of zombies is also getting boring, and I'm only up to chapter 2-3 or something. The set pieces/level design of RE4 is just WAY better for now. WAY better.

Yeah. In theory, the partner should make up for it, but in practice......

Kweh

Is there a preferred way to grind money in the game? Like do a specific chapter over and over again? Trying to save up for the Bowgun.

Binabik15

Kweh said:
Is there a preferred way to grind money in the game? Like do a specific chapter over and over again? Trying to save up for the Bowgun.

The chapter after the fight wín the lab with the flamethrower.

You get quite a lot of treasures, licker and reaper crystals and of course fighting/killing
Wesker
is filled with gems.

That´s what I did.

PS: wow at those pics. But the hut´s shadow sucks ass in comparison to the rest.

KAOz

Short bus special
Kweh said:

Chapter 4-1. Run through it a couple of times, and you'll net roughly around 30-50 thousand each time in treasures and money. Specially if you kill the bat. He drops a gem worth 10.000, then find all other hidden little treasures.
Whole chapter can be done in less then 15 minutes aswell.

Dennis

Banned
KAOz said:
Chapter 4-1. Run through it a couple of times, and you'll net roughly around 30-50 thousand each time in treasures and money. Specially if you kill the bat. He drops a gem worth 10.000, then find all other hidden little treasures.
Whole chapter can be done in less then 15 minutes aswell.
Yep, thats the money chapter.

KAOz

Short bus special
Diablohead said:
Get's real boring on the 14th run though :p I still need to finish upgrading my guns on the 360 version *snooze*

Fuckyes. I'm almost ready to throw up when playing it now though. Knowing each and every line they say inside out and when they say it. So, fucking, boring.

Dennis

Banned
Hey KAOz I can see from your public profile that you joined like 6 months ago and have more than 200 posts, so why are you still a junior member? Did you get demoted to permanent junior status for something? I am asking because the FAQ states that you become a full member after two months and 200 posts. I have exceeded that but am still a junior and I was wondering if I have misunderstood the rules.

Zenith

Banned
you need around 2,000,000 to upgrade all weapons from scratch. I just used a trainer. Grinding levels over and over would make me hate the game.

KAOz

Short bus special
DennisK4 said:
Hey KAOz I can see from your public profile that you joined like 6 months ago and have more than 200 posts, so why are you still a junior member? Did you get demoted to permanent junior status for something? I am asking because the FAQ states that you become a full member after two months and 200 posts. I have exceeded that but am still a junior and I was wondering if I have misunderstood the rules.

Nope, I do believe that they raised the postlimit to 300 posts though with us new Juniors rushing in. I haven't done anything stupid. Yet at least. <_<

Deadly

Seems I found a way to get through the long-ass loading time in the PC version. If you just minimize it, it instantly loaded for me.

GWX

DennisK4 said:
Yes it is the ENB Series mod 0.076a for Resident Evil 5

Sweet, will try it after finishing the game. I'm busy with Batman + RE5 + Red Faction here :D

DX9-only? Well, big-ass loading it is. Also, it has any performance hit?

bee

GWX said:
DX9-only? Well, big-ass loading it is.

goto \resident evil 5\nativePC and delete shaderlog.slg then create a new txt file and just rename it to that (change the filetype to slg of course) and it loads fast just like dx10

News Bot said:
I fucking despise post-processing bullshit in games. Just makes them look much, much worse.
The game looks great without the filters but imo resident evil works better with them, Personal opinion mind you.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh my, ENB looks fuckawesome outside but kinda not so good in some places. Wondering if I should apply or finish this playthrough before screwing with some mods.

Top Bottom