• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

gantz85

Banned
[Nintex] said:
Oh shit, I know I helped starting it but lets not turn this into a KZ2 thread guys. Things will get ugly.

Sorry.

Am waiting for my best friend to get RE5 so we can coop together online :D

Nemesis_

It's amazing how much online functionality really enhances the game (well, the post-game).

Really enjoying it so far!

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I think Killzone 2 gets more credit than it deserves. For a game that is praised for being such a technical wonder, it runs out of tricks pretty fast. While atmospheric, the levels are kind of bland. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it though, I just think it's overrated.
Yeah, okay. :lol

You're definitely in the minority.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Let's not talk about Killzone in a Resident Evil thread.

K' Dash

I'm just going by the demo, but in public assembly the executioner has the ability to knock down pretty much all of the buildings in the area. I haven't seen interaction on that scale in Killzone 2 apart from perhaps on one occasion.

I think Killzone 2 gets more credit than it deserves. For a game that is praised for being such a technical wonder, it runs out of tricks pretty fast. While atmospheric, the levels are kind of bland. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it though, I just think it's overrated.

Well, that is the only one stage that happens, I haven't had the opportunity to play KZ2, but having finished RE5 I can say that much.

Pojo

Banned
Does anyone have a consensus as to which version is better, the 360 or PS3? Because the 360 demo was superior to the PS3 one in every way except (arguably) controls, and I'm hoping they ironed out the framerate issues.

I see lots of people just throwing around the phrase "It's better than RE4" which to me is something that has to be so monumental, a game so incredible that it will talked about forever. RE4 to me is the best game of last gen and easily one of the best games ever made. For RE5 to even match it, it must be the best game to come out this gen.

So is there anyone that felt that way about RE4 but feels that RE5 is still better. Cause I still really doubt that RE5 is better than RE4.

Feindflug

MiamiWesker said:
I see lots of people just throwing around the phrase "It's better than RE4" which to me is something that has to be so monumental, a game so incredible that it will talked about forever. RE4 to me is the best game of last gen and easily one of the best games ever made. For RE5 to even match it, it must be the best game to come out this gen.

So is there anyone that felt that way about RE4 but feels that RE5 is still better. Cause I still really doubt that.

Well I also feel the same way about RE4 so I don't expect RE5 to surpass RE4 because it's nearly impossible - just don't get your hopes up waiting for a game that's better than RE4 and I'm sure you will enjoy RE5 more this way.

MacBosse

He's a talented guy.

ash.jpg

Full version (NSFW-ish) - Ashley kinda nude

Damn I feel nerdy ... but where can I see that uncensored? :D

Wark

I just picked it up! It was a 30 minute drive, but it was definitely worth it.

2zr40si.jpg
21o3dpe.jpg

I still gotta pick up the SE on the 13th.

Aquanox

What an awesome looking game:

Imagen%20014.jpg

Imagen006.jpg

Graphically, RE5 excels in:

Lighting: Proably the best use of lighting in a game ever. You will be wondering around with your characters just to see how good they interect with the light in some scenes.
Animations: Enemies animation are top notch, fast, realistic and creepy (Both regulars and bosses)
Textures and overall detail: You will find yourselves often blown out due to the attention to detail. Character detail rivals Gears 2 in many cases.
Lip sync I don't remember a game with such good lip sync in cutscenes.
Color Palette: For a game this good looking, one would expect some edges to be cut. This generation could be called by many the "grey" gen because most best looking games have a very limited color palette. Well, RE5 is not one of those. Actually, the color palette combined with the incredible lighting is what usually gives the game the nicest moments.

Overall, I'd say Resident Evil rivals the best looking games out there, including KZ2, Gears 2 and MGS4... surparssing all of them in many ways. The only reason I wouldn't say it's defininitely the best looking console game is because it doesn't have as many things going on screen all the time as shooters do.

God that last screen has some great textures. I mean they all do but that last screen is almost reminiscent of Uncharted.

That village looks scary to me. I'd never want to be in a place like that, like ever.

Well I agree to some extent...Of the games released, KZ2 is the only one to surpass it technically (along with crysis)...I reckon Uncharted 2 will top it in all aspects as well.

Im really pleased with how fantastic this game looks...its pretty impressive how detailed visuals are becoming

Those screens are not that great though...horribly washed out:lol games looks much nicer in motion

Aquanox

nelsonroyale said:
Well I agree to some extent...Of the games released, KZ2 is the only one to surpass it technically (along with crysis)...I reckon Uncharted 2 will top it in all aspects as well.

Im really pleased with how fantastic this game looks...its pretty impressive how detailed visuals are becoming

Those screens are not that great though...horribly washed out:lol games looks much nicer in motion

Haha, I did my best with the little camera but I forgot to say that it looks MUCH better in your TV. Wish I could make Direct Feed captures.

I took a couple more. Imagine these with shaper image and vibrant colors:

Imagen001.jpg

Imagen002.jpg

Imagen007.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've been trying to steer clear of this thread because of spoilers but I just wanted to know how the PS3 version stacks up the 360 version. Is the framerate more stable than in the demo? Sorry if this has been answered a million times, trying to keep up the blackout.

~Kinggi~

Banned
K' Dash said:
Can you carry on your weapons and money in a new game + on hard?
Yeah im curious too.

What about the difficulty level that is unlocked?

RoboPlato said:
I've been trying to steer clear of this thread because of spoilers but I just wanted to know how the PS3 version stacks up the 360 version. Is the framerate more stable than in the demo? Sorry if this has been answered a million times, trying to keep up the blackout.
there are still some framerate issues in the ps3 version. 360 version was given the edge by IGN.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
~Kinggi~ said:
there are still some framerate issues in the ps3 version. 360 version was given the edge by IGN.
I figured as much, they weren't bad in the demo but they were noticeable. Oh well, I've been looking forward to this game pretty much since I bought RE4 so I can deal.

ggp759

Banned
This is for people who have the full game and playing on an NTSC console:At the begining of the game when the execution takes place( the same one that was in the demo) do you guys get to see the full execution(ie head being cut and rolling away)? thanks

duckroll

ggp759 said:
This is for people who have the full game and playing on an NTSC console:At the begining of the game when the execution takes place( the same one that was in the demo) do you guys get to see the full execution(ie head being cut and rolling away)? thanks

How can anyone see a scene that DOES NOT EXIST?

Something I'm not sure of, are those villagers infected before Chris gets there? Or is there some kind of OH SHIT VIRAL OUTBREAK sequence at the beginning?

duckroll

brandonh83 said:
Something I'm not sure of, are those villagers infected before Chris gets there? Or is there some kind of OH SHIT VIRAL OUTBREAK sequence at the beginning?

The game explains it pretty clearly later on. I think it's in one of the Files.

They were infected before he got there, the entire operation was a setup.

duckroll

RoboPlato said:
Do we know if chainsaw decaps and such are in?

It's exactly as it is in the demo. The element is still in where the chiansaw guy WILL kill you in a single hit if he revs up the chainsaw and attacks and you don't get out of the way. The visual presentation is toned down though, in that you see the chainsaw going at Chris' neck, but the camera will pan down to his legs before the head is cut off, and you see the body collapse lifelessly after that.

Top Bottom