• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

MarkMan said:
Was anyone else annoyed at the load screens?

The text would sometimes be long but the load times would be too fast! lol.

Wish they had a "press A to continue" command or something...

Yes, same here. I could barely read half the text the game levels load so fast.

bomb_jack said:
Finished my first play through just now. Finish time: 9 hours, 45 minutes.

I am really, really disappointed overall. It has flashes of greatness but ultimately remains in RE4's shadow. The later section of the game is essentially a cut and paste of the island section of RE4 with a tacked on cover system.

Pretty much every boss fight is dull as dishwater: go to turret A, initiate cut-scene B apart from the final boss which is just an exercise in frustration and bad game design.

I waited 4 years for this? :(

You fail at enjoying good games.

For me the boss fights were the highlight of the game. They were all executed at a very very high standard.

Duck Amuck said:
Both are rare as shit. It's pathetic.

Well I finally found the remake at my local Gamestop one day, someone traded it in while I was in the store. Got lucky. But I guarantee now that if I went out looking for Zero, I couldn't find it, since I'd be trying to find it.

Gibbo

Ah shit. Is it just me or do you guys find yourselves having barely enough ammo to go by? Current stuck in the following part and was wondering if you guys could help me out

Currently at the chapter where you move around in the hovercraft. Just placed the four plates on the door and moved onto the next area. How the hell do you defeat the tall zombie with the masks and the large mace? Pumped 6 magnum bullets into their bodies and they still don't fall :(

jett

D-Member
ruliweb_bio5k_05.jpg

ruliweb_bio5k_06.jpg

Man I hope one day Capcom puts out a Framework game that actually has the same graphical quality in-game as it does in cut-scenes. :p

gantz85

Banned
billy.sea said:
Flame Wars begin... actually there won't be a war, the outcome is clearly set.

Yep, you're completely right.

First day sales of Resident Evil 5 are in from Japan. The game sold four times as much on the PlayStation 3 (224,000) as it did on the 360 (55,000).

According to Ameblo.jp Resident Evil 5 sold 278,000 on its first day in Japan.

What's more incredible is that Resident Evil 5 has beaten launch day sales of Resident Evil 4. The game sold 117,000 copies on the Gamecube in January 2005 and 145,000 copies on the PlayStation 2 in December 2005.

The people have voted.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
GameFAQs GAF incoming, everybody bail out now

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Wow, better than RE4 sales already?

NICE!!
When you have the dollars to spend on marketing, and you use them, you get results. ;)

Congrats to Capcom.

gantz85

Banned
Rez said:
When you have the dollars to spend on marketing, and you use them, you get results. ;)

Congrats to Capcom.

More likely the fact that they didn't place it on a bomba platform (RE4 on Gamecube).

Marketing dollars poured into Blue Dragon, SO4, Tales of Vesperia and Last Remnant didn't make them big hits.

Sectus

Gibbo said:
Ah shit. Is it just me or do you guys find yourselves having barely enough ammo to go by? Current stuck in the following part and was wondering if you guys could help me out

Currently at the chapter where you move around in the hovercraft. Just placed the four plates on the door and moved onto the next area. How the hell do you defeat the tall zombie with the masks and the large mace? Pumped 6 magnum bullets into their bodies and they still don't fall :(
You're probably already aware of it, but just to make sure, don't hit them at the mask. The mask is armoured and will deal no damage. Aim at their legs. I personally found grenades and the sniper rifle to be useful against them. I'm surprised 6 magnum shots didn't drop him, I can't remember they would take that much damage.

If you have REALLY bad ammunition shortage you could just chicken out and replay one of the earlier chapters. For instance chapter 1-1 is very short and you'll get a ton of handgun and MG ammo from the assembly place level.

Gibbo

Sectus said:
You're probably already aware of it, but just to make sure, don't hit them at the mask. The mask is armoured and will deal no damage. Aim at their legs. I personally found grenades and the sniper rifle to be useful against them. I'm surprised 6 magnum shots didn't drop him, I can't remember they would take that much damage.

If you have REALLY bad ammunition shortage you could just chicken out and replay one of the earlier chapters. For instance chapter 1-1 is very short and you'll get a ton of handgun and MG ammo from the assembly place level.

Thanks mate. Wasn't aware that replaying of previous stages will add to your inventory

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Duck Amuck said:
Not in the report posted 2 days ago.
I think he was talking about RE4GCN versus RE4PS2, whereas you are/were talking about RE5 versus RE4 (all platforms). :lol

I kid, I like Bale, just... when he was trying to act alongside Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart in TDK he was failing pretty hard.

He WOULD make a good Chris though.

bigswords

MyEpitomeCliché said:
How long would you say your play-time was? I'm hearing anywhere from 8 all the way to 15 hours to complete. Are the bosses worthwhile?

My complete time was roughly 27 hours, with some grinding. If you steam roll through probably could get it down to 10-15hours. But after the constant grind of the weapons is yum!
Co-op and single player equipment and money is brought over thro and fro, this is probably the first RE game I'm going to try upgrade all the weapons! WOOT!

bigswords

gantz85 said:
Yep, you're completely right.

The people have voted.

Yes the people in Japan voted, not the rest of the world. You just praised a region which there are tons more PS3s then 360s.

It's good news though, now fix the framerate on the PS3 Capcom!

FrankT

kamorra said:
Ack, RE5 is killing me. Preorderd 360 version, cancelled it, preorderd PS3 version, cancelled it, peorderd 360 version again, cancelled it, preorderd PS3 steelbook and now for the last fucking time I will preorder the 360 steelbook and cancel the PS3 version.
I know I will regret this, I don't have Live and my friend lsit almost empty.

Tough choices indeed or not so tough maybe.

cvxfreak said:
Old news, but not yet posted in this thread. It's a great start.

Actually posted more than a few times now heh, see p26.

MarkMan said:
Was anyone else annoyed at the load screens?

The text would sometimes be long but the load times would be too fast! lol.

Wish they had a "press A to continue" command or something...

Read this earlier as well. Fast loading coming at a cost these days aye.

My internet finally lasted long enough for me to beat this game. Overall, I enjoyed the experience, but I can't help but fill just a tad bit of disappointment with the package. It's partially my fault for expecting out of this world greatness.

There are absolutely zero scares in this game. at least with RE4 you have those regenerators that were creepy as balls, but this game has none of that; it doesn't even pretend to be a horror game anymore, really. No jump scares, no creepy shit, no nothing. The most you get is a silent corridor with some mutilated loser on the floor, but they really don't do anything with it. The only part that made mo panic was for a split second was in the demo, but I played that shit to death so when it came to the actual game, the chainsaw guy got fucking destroyed. Me saying this crap means something as I am huge fucking pussy when it comes to creepy shit(can't even play silent hill)

Now I'm gonna wait till some of my friends get it before I do a veteran run. Normal was just way too easy, I really shouldn't have started off on it, but when I realized it was gonna be like that, I was already halfway through the game. The only thing you can do to die on normal is **MASSIVE GAME RUINING SPOILERS SERIOUSLY**
QTE's lol

The main characters are exquisitely detailed in gameplay and you only see half of them from the back the majority of the game, who cares. Cutscenes are their time to shine in directing effects and visual design.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
HomerSimpson-Man said:
The main characters are exquisitely detailed in gameplay and you only see half of them from the back the majority of the game, who cares. Cutscenes are their time to shine in directing effects and visual design.
Yeah, the character models in general, from what I've seen, are basically the best character models in any console game. They're astounding, really.

Sectus

Besides camera angles and specific lighting I'm not convinced cutscenes do look better. I've been stepframing through some random footage I took from the game, and cutscenes and ingame looks pretty much the same quality.

Here's one random screenshot I took from the game: (it shows a secret character, so it's a bit of a spoiler. sorry, but it was one of the few screencaps I had available)
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/TzarSectus/RE5/Comp10032826.jpg

I'd say that the character detail and lighting is easily just as good as that you've seen in cutscenes.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
billy.sea said:
First time hearing people complaining loading time are too fast.... lol :lol

Seriously, i doubt you are missing anything by not being able to read all the text. Fast load times are a good thing!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
alexel said:
Is there some sort of storage system for weapons or items you're not currently using?
In between chapters there's an item box, where you can store a LOT of items. At the start of each chapter you can choose what items you want to fit yourself out with.

Feindflug

Sectus said:
Besides camera angles and specific lighting I'm not convinced cutscenes do look better. I've been stepframing through some random footage I took from the game, and cutscenes and ingame looks pretty much the same quality.

Here's one random screenshot I took from the game: (it shows a secret character, so it's a bit of a spoiler. sorry, but it was one of the few screencaps I had available)
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/TzarSectus/RE5/Comp10032826.jpg

I'd say that the character detail and lighting is easily just as good as that you've seen in cutscenes.

Wat? That screenshot looks freakin' amazing! O__O

I've been getting a lot of errors when trying to join a game of online
Mercenaries

Seriously starting to bum me out as the game I did manage to join was a blast.

Top Bottom