• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Zenith

Banned
confirmation for me on that aspect, duckroll? anyone? any creepy voodoo/witch doctor like stuff in RE5?

oh wow, you have no idea. When you hit the Ndipaya Majinis their version of a chainsaw guy IS a 7 foot tall witchdoctor who occasionally stops to chant at you.

K' Dash

Zenith said:
oh wow, you have no idea. When you hit the Ndipaya Majinis their version of a chainsaw guy IS a 7 foot tool witchdoctor who occasionally stops to chant at you.

Those are
Stage 3 plagas, I read in some document that a side effect is abnormal growth, 3 meters tall

Christopher

newsguy said:
How is the game running on both systems? I want to pick this up for my PS3 if possible because I want to give the 360 a rest. Will I be able to tell the difference (I played the demo on 360)?

:lol no just the nit picky nerds who need to disect every minute detail. It's solid don't be afraid to pick it up

This track needs to be played in resident evil 5 at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlINcEvj2nA

it's from resident evil 2.

Wow Resident Evil 2 needs to be remade hardcore...didn't they ahve RE2 music in Degeneration??

2real4tv

Fortinbras said:
Finished the game. Best ingame cutscenes ever (including MGS4). However RE5 has some flaws. Sheva's AI for example is annoying as hell in chapters 5 and 6.

RE5 has been fun but it wasn't the uber experience I was hoping for.
you mean better than the vamp and raiden...no way

Zenith said:
oh wow, you have no idea. When you hit the Ndipaya Majinis their version of a chainsaw guy IS a 7 foot tall witchdoctor who occasionally stops to chant at you.

holy CRAP YESSSSS :lol :lol

newsguy

Christopher said:
:lol no just the nit picky nerds who need to disect every minute detail. It's solid don't be afraid to pick it up

Nice thanks. Now on my 5th 360 so I want to give it as much rest as possible

Synless

duckroll said:
Don't worry, you don't have to face the fear alone. Jtyettis is facing it with you. :lol
And so am I. I just played the demo 4 more times just to get my fix. I should be studying for mid-terms.....

Erebus

Can anyone elaborate a bit more on the save system for online co-op?
So far I know that you can only have one save slot and that the game saves automatically your progress with checkpoints. But how does it work when you choose to play online co-op?

For example, if I want to join a game session what determines in which chapter will I enter?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It's Monday right now. I will have this game... tomorrow.

Somebody hold me.

Lakitu

st5fu
Rez said:
It's Monday right now. I will have this game... tomorrow.

Somebody hold me.

roberto.jpg

I gotta practice my stabbin'

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
that's one stabbin and one shunnin

well... it's a good start

I guess

brandonh83 said:
Oh god yes that Neptune track is fantastic too. Honestly, it's not my #1 RE game, but RE1 is definitely the closest to pure horror that the series has ever been.

You are absolutely right, Lisa Trevor is/was one of the most disturbing and depressing creatures ion the genre.

Alright, found out EBGames was doing a deal where you get it for $19.99 if you trade in two games. So I preordered.

I've totally lost track of what's a spoiler and what's not, but since this question involves something that happens after you beat the game I'll spoiler it:

You get the option for infinite ammo after you beat the game. Does this carry over into Mercenaries? I have a stressful job and sometimes the only thing that makes me feel better after a lot day is shooting lots of things indiscriminately, with many bullets.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Honestly, it's not my #1 RE game, but RE1 is definitely the closest to pure horror that the series has ever been.
Yeah, but it's still not all that close. The series has never been about actual horror, rather, they focused on jump scares and the like. I'd say REmake was probably the closest in terms of creating an atmosphere of horror, but even it could have done so much more.

Even the least terrifying Silent Hill titles (SH4) is creepier than every game in the Resident Evil series combined. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The item exploit trick works!

If you want to be an egg farmer, make sure you have an extra XBL profile. I would HIGHLY recommend beating the game on your own at least once; this is a form of cheating and makes it extremely easy to upgrade/buy all the weapons, diminishing the challenge later on.

-First go to level 3-1; go to the island where no enemies appear when you first depart, and you'll find a lone chicken inside a hut.
-Follow it and/or wait for it to lay an egg. If you're lucky, you'll get a golden egg, which is worth $1,000.
-Make sure you have SAVED your progress before quitting! You need that egg in your inventory.
-Now select any stage to start on. Un-equip everything except the egg.
-When you have control of the game, press start on controller 2. Load your other profile and create a save.
-Now have Player 1 (you) give the egg to Player 2.
-Quit the game, but make sure that the Player 2 profile SAVES. It doesn't matter with Player 1's.
-Now reload your game or select any chapter. Keep your inventory slots empty.
-Hit start on controller 2 and load up the profile you just saved.
-Give the egg to Player 1.
-Now quit again, but this time, save Player 1's profile and NOT Player 2's.
-You can repeat this trick as many times as you want to, and do the opposite to build up Player 2's inventory.
-I kept doing this until all nine of Player 2's inventory slots were filled up, and now when I do the trick, there's 45 eggs to take.
-That's $45,000, and the whole thing only takes 2-3 minutes to do each time! You can buy/upgrade everything in no time. No more grinding for cash!

cvxfreak

dark10x said:
Yeah, but it's still not all that close. The series has never been about actual horror, rather, they focused on jump scares and the like. I'd say REmake was probably the closest in terms of creating an atmosphere of horror, but even it could have done so much more.

Even the least terrifying Silent Hill titles (SH4) is creepier than every game in the Resident Evil series combined. :p

Agreed. I always liked the SH series for the scares, but RE for the gameplay.

gconsole

David H Wong said:
Alright, found out EBGames was doing a deal where you get it for $19.99 if you trade in two games. So I preordered.

I've totally lost track of what's a spoiler and what's not, but since this question involves something that happens after you beat the game I'll spoiler it:

You get the option for infinite ammo after you beat the game. Does this carry over into Mercenaries? I have a stressful job and sometimes the only thing that makes me feel better after a lot day is shooting lots of things indiscriminately, with many bullets.

No, you cannot use infinite ammo in Mercernaries.

Nikorasu

Lyte Edge said:
The item exploit trick works!

If you want to be an egg farmer, make sure you have an extra XBL profile. I would HIGHLY recommend beating the game on your own at least once; this is a form of cheating and makes it extremely easy to upgrade/buy all the weapons, diminishing the challenge later on.

-First go to level 3-1; go to the island where no enemies appear when you first depart, and you'll find a lone chicken inside a hut.
-Follow it and/or wait for it to lay an egg. If you're lucky, you'll get a golden egg, which is worth $1,000.
-Make sure you have SAVED your progress before quitting! You need that egg in your inventory.
-Now select any stage to start on. Un-equip everything except the egg.
-When you have control of the game, press start on controller 2. Load your other profile and create a save.
-Now have Player 1 (you) give the egg to Player 2.
-Quit the game, but make sure that the Player 2 profile SAVES. It doesn't matter with Player 1's.
-Now reload your game or select any chapter. Keep your inventory slots empty.
-Hit start on controller 2 and load up the profile you just saved.
-Give the egg to Player 1.
-Now quit again, but this time, save Player 1's profile and NOT Player 2's.
-You can repeat this trick as many times as you want to, and do the opposite to build up Player 2's inventory.
-I kept doing this until all nine of Player 2's inventory slots were filled up, and now when I do the trick, there's 45 eggs to take.
-That's $45,000, and the whole thing only takes 2-3 minutes to do each time! You can buy/upgrade everything in no time. No more grinding for cash!

Wow, this system sounds horribly broken. :|

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Eurogamer just released their review. They thought it was about deserving of a...

7/10

Their score roughly matches my expectations after playing the demo. Guess I'll be goggling at this one on the shelves for a few months before I make any movement towards it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wow. I like how they reference Sheva's supposed "British" accent. Dimwits.

Haven't they ever heard a South African accent?

The rest of the review was drivel.

Nikorasu

Good lord eurogamer gets worse and worse. I thought their FEAR 2 review was misinformed and petty but...yeah I didn't get past the first paragraph either. :lol

Erebus

Relaxed Muscle said:
Stoped at the first paragraph.

I continued reading until I came up to this:

To all intents and purposes, this looks and feels like a reskinned, high-def Resi 4, and what was hugely impressive back then often struggles to repeat the trick this far down the line.

GalacticAE said:
Hey guys I stopped at the 3rd paragraph. Just thought I'd post this because I'm sure you all care.

Yeah, I care, thank you so much.

BrandNew said:
How dare someone not like the controls

Review it's assuming that those controls are just old gen or something like that, yet RE4 still holds like one of the best games. And he's saying that those controls (among other things) were already broken on RE4, well it's probably the first reviewer that thought that back when RE4 was released,if he really thought it back then and not just now like everybody that it's hatting RE5 controls, and it's totally not true.

And just saw the comment that RE5 it's just a re-skinned RE4 HD.

Awful review.

Cataferal said:
Eurogamer just released their review. They thought it was about deserving of a...

7/10

Their score roughly matches my expectations after playing the demo. Guess I'll be goggling at this one on the shelves for a few months before I make any movement towards it.

A 7/10 because it dares to offer something new and not the horror setting that they expect from the series? Ok, it's an opinion, but this is... stupid.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
cvxfreak said:
First Eurogamer's trash review of RE4 Wii, and now this. Poor journalism right there.
Seriously, aren't they the same dumbasses that tried to spark the racism debate? I didn't expect any less from them.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Some people choose to live in a self-ordained reality, and refuse anything that threatens it. Resident Evil 5 is only an above average game. Accept that, and you can start playing better games.

Like Hugo II on the original Playstation. Veritable classic right there.

burgerdog

Been having a lot of fun so far, I didn't know you could do a 3 hit melee combo :lol Even got an achievement for it. I could already see myself putting in a lot of time into RE5 to try and get all the unlockables.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I read the whole Eurogamer review and they're just complaining about stuff that was like that in RE4.
Either that or I need to play RE4 again to get a refresher. It's been awhile.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Cataferal said:
Some people choose to live in a self-ordained reality, and refuse anything that threatens it. Resident Evil 5 is only an above average game. Accept that, and you can start playing better games.

Like Hugo II on the original Playstation.
Hi

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Cataferal said:
Hey I have been called a troll in this thread for flaming the game. There is a difference between opinion and mental retardation. Eurogamer fits in the later case.

Top Bottom