• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
fernoca said:
2vdf9tz.jpg

SWEET!!!! Any of Sheva?

xfactor

Banned
Ridley327 said:
Let's see here...

-the dial puzzle behind the church for the green cat's eye
-the light puzzle in the church itself
-the portrait puzzle in the castle
-Ashley's slide puzzle

Sure, there's less of them compared to other games, but there were definitely more than one puzzle that fits your criteria.

There's also the rotating light puzzle thingy at the island area, which is probably the only puzzle type in RE5

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Vyse The Legend said:
There are two of them, a one-sheet and one inside the manual. Both don't say anything of worth other than "Coming 2009".

The one sheet has the future website of the game.

Oh yeah, and the regular edition manual I have DOES contain a list of names on the page before the credits. Your UPC-less copy is weird.

GuardianE said:

Oh yeah, and the regular edition copy I have DOES contain a list of names on the page before the credits. Your UPC-less copy is weird.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the store that sold me the game jacked copies that were suppose to be in the LE. My game disc says "Game Disc" on it. :lol

Guled

Vyse The Legend said:
There are two of them, a one-sheet and one inside the manual. Both don't say anything of worth other than "Coming 2009".
ya, its the sheet, I guess he was talking about the coming 2009 bit. He made it seem more important, thanks anyway
GuardianE said:

Oh yeah, and the regular edition manual I have DOES contain a list of names on the page before the credits. Your UPC-less copy is weird.
I see, then thats must of been it, still disappointing

Guled said:
ya, its the sheet, I guess he was talking about the coming 2009 bit. He made it seem more important, thanks anyway

Seems that the web address is the "special" thing.

Here are the pictures:
Picture42.jpg

Picture43.jpg

Anyone else think it's weird that Bionic Commando is the only page in the manual that's black and white? :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
These in-game pics are making want to buy this game first day instead of waiting for a price drop.

I wish m0dus would make a Resident Evil theme for the PS3. Something that spans the RE series from RE1-RE5.

Vyse The Legend said:

Here are the pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/FallenOne666/Picture42.jpg[/I]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/FallenOne666/Picture43.jpg[/G]

Anyone else think it's weird that Bionic Commando is the only page in the manual that's black and white? :lol[/QUOTE]

Totally looking forward to Dark Void than Bionic Commando, but weird that ad is in black/white.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Vyse The Legend said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the store that sold me the game jacked copies that were suppose to be in the LE. My game disc says "Game Disc" on it. :lol

The regular edition discs read "Game Disc" also. :lol Guess it cuts down on production costs to not have to make separate runs.

I'm not sure where yours is from because Seth claims that the names were in a Collector's Edition manual that he had at the time.

It's obviously N.A., as it has an ESRB rating. Maybe from the Red Elites?

Vyse The Legend said:
Anyone else think it's weird that Bionic Commando is the only page in the manual that's black and white? :lol

Bizarre, your manual is different. I'm looking at mine right now and the pages are on different sides. My Bionic Commando ad is in full color. Do you mind taking a picture of the next page?

GuardianE said:
The regular edition discs read "Game Disc" also. :lol Guess it cuts down on production costs to not have to make separate runs.

I'm not sure where yours is from because Seth claims that the names were in a Collector's Edition manual that he had at the time.

It's obviously N.A., as it has an ESRB rating. Maybe from the Red Elites?

That could probably be it. It was clearly a copy meant for a bundle of sorts, but it's odd that that page is just not there at all. Shouldn't all the manuals be the same?

Picture44.jpg

That's all mine has.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Did anyone else here preorder from Blockbuster? I did it today and when I asked them if they'll get it on release day the register girl said "probably, sometimes we get games the day after."
I preordered GTA4 there last year and got it at midnight so maybe it's the smaller games that come the day after or rental copies. I don't wanna wait an extra day!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So weird. Yeah, the Kijuju Survivors page is right before the credits and right after the Capcom-Unity advertisement page in my booklet.

I hope its not from the Collector's Edition, as that's all I've preordered and I wanna see my name! (I'm borrowing a friend's standard copy right now).

EDIT: I preordered from Blockbuster. They usually do get games in later, but some bigger titles come in on time. Gears 2 did and the release date has not changed for RE5 in their books. I'm pretty confident because if Blockbuster gets a game later, they usually reflect it on their employee game preorder sheet.

GuardianE said:
So weird. Yeah, the Kijuju Survivors page is right before the credits and right after the Capcom-Unity advertisement page in my booklet.

I hope its not from the Collector's Edition, as that's all I've preordered and I wanna see my name! (I'm borrowing a friend's standard copy right now).

Nah, I'm guessing it must be an early version of the manual. The first copies of the game ever printed were probably sent off to MS to be bundled with the Red Elite. So, it's probably from there.

Laurent

Rez said:
Let's not forget that REmake Chris looked nothing like CV Chris either. Chris looks totally different in every game he is in. :lol
It is logical to see him "evolve" graphically between PSX, DC and GCN, but once the highest point of realism was achieved (with REmake), they should have kept him similar. Leon looks more similar (the haircut helps) except maybe in Degeneration... and I don't know why!

xfactor

Banned
Laurent said:
It is logical to see him "evolve" graphically between PSX, DC and GCN, but once the highest point of realism was achieved (with REmake), they should have kept him similar. Leon looks more similar (the haircut helps) except maybe in Degeneration... and I don't know why!

Because there's a 13 years time gap between REmake and RE5 (though UC's Chris in 2003 look somewhere similar to REmake...guess he changed his look between 2003 and 2009)

cvxfreak

xfactor said:
Because there's a 13 years time gap between REmake and RE5 (though UC's Chris in 2003 look somewhere similar to REmake...guess he changed his look between 2003 and 2009)

10 years, and Chris had his current appearance by 2006. So it took him three years or so.
:lol

Laurent

xfactor said:
On another note: Snake aged, but always looked the same...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Any tips for Mercenaries? I finally cleared the first stage with 57,000 points, but it took a lot of tries to get that high. Do I want to use Sheva or
Jill
on the mines, or just stick with Chris?

And am I the only one who found the infinite ammo system a little convoluted? First you need to have a weapon fully-upgraded. Then you need to purchase infinite ammo for the gun in special features. THEN you have to go into the menu settings and enable infinite ammo on. THEN you have to enable it AGAIN before you start a game. :lol

I need opinions, people:

S75 (Bolt Action) Vs. Dragunov SVD (Semi-Auto): Which Should I Max Out?

If you have the game, let me know which one you went with. Even if you've only played RE4, you could probably give me advice too.

Looking at the upgrade bars, the bolt action has the potential to be much, much more powerful than the Dragunov. But obviously, the Dragunov can fire faster. Hmm...

Lyte Edge said:
Any tips for Mercenaries? I finally cleared the first stage with 57,000 points, but it took a lot of tries to get that high. Do I want to use Sheva or
Jill
on the mines, or just stick with Chris?

How do you unlock
Jill
!! I've already beaten the game on Normal but I haven't seen that unlock yet.

Is there a website where someone is accumulating all this unlockable information. Because this game has a metric ton of them

careksims

I'm probably going to the Midnight sale on Thursday. Hopefully my friend it too. We agreed to buy this for the co-op alone and the African bling bling :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Vyse The Legend said:
I need opinions, people:

If you have the game, let me know which one you went with. Even if you've only played RE4, you could probably give me advice too.

Looking at the upgrade bars, the bolt action has the potential to be much, much more powerful than the Dragunov. But obviously, the Dragunov can fire faster. Hmm...

Only based on RE4, but I stuck with the bolt action in that just for the reload animation. :lol

It'll be more powerful anyway, the only part of 4 that a semi would help was with shooting leeches in the Regenerator, but I can't say anything for 5.

GuardianE said:
I'm willing to bet that most people here forgot about them. That's how forgettable and easy those puzzles were. They were just thrown in there to help RE purists make a transition to a game that's more action oriented.

And if you think those puzzles were any easier than the ones in the classic RE games you probably should go back and play the old RE games again. The puzzles were on the same level, there was just less of them.

Blueblur1

MiamiWesker said:
And if you think those puzzles were any easier than the ones in the classic RE games you probably should go back and play the old RE games again. The puzzles were on the same level, there was just less of them.
In addition to your comment, I think everyone has forgotten all the searching and backtracking you have to do in the previous RE games just to get keys to advance. IMO, Subconsciously they haven't and they feel something was lacking in RE4 so they chalk it up to a "lack of puzzles."

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MiamiWesker said:
Lets not talk about the final boss
and "killing him"
without the spoiler boxes.

You already have a huge spoiler with your avatar. :lol

Blueblur1 said:
In addition to your comment, I think everyone has forgotten all the searching and backtracking you have to do in the previous RE games just to get keys to advance. IMO, Subconsciously they haven't and they feel something was lacking in RE4 so they chalk it up to a "lack of puzzles."

Exactly, I dont consider all the running around a maze like area, looking for where an item fits as a puzzle. Yes they changes that aspect of the game but the actual puzzle parts, like moving statues, or setting power to a machine, or clicking paintings in the right order where on the same level as those found in RE4. I understand that past RE games had such a good balance between the two so RE4 was like a shock when puzzles were not seen in hours, so I get that but lets not pretend that the puzzles that were in RE4 were horrible.

Pojo

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
The sliding puzzle with Ashley was the hardest in the series.

All of them are easy, though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Pojo said:
The sliding puzzle with Ashley was the hardest in the series.

All of them are easy, though.
pfft.

zodiac signs.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MiamiWesker said:
Remind me which is this one?
Resident Evil Zero.

I think it had something to do with animals and zodiac signs, anyway. I remember everyone hated it. It's been a while. :lol

Rez said:
Resident Evil Zero.

I think it had something to do with animals and zodiac signs, anyway. I remember everyone hated it. It's been a while. :lol

Oh that one, no it was just about the animals and the food chain. All you had to do was read their description and it said something like this animal can take down the mightiest of kings so that means it can kill the lion, or this animal can kill those without legs that meant it can kill the snake. Classic put something in order puzzle, love those. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MiamiWesker said:
Oh that one, no it was just about the animals and the food chain. All you had to do was read their description and it said something like this animal can take down the mightiest of kings so that means it can kill the lion, or this animal can kill those without legs that meant it can kill the snake. Classic put something in order puzzle, love those. :D
It's like in a movie where a character with amnesia suddenly remembers everything. Thanks for reminding me. :)

I really need to replay Zero at some point. It was a solid game. I actually played the Leech Hunter game, but I could only ever find 99 leeches. I played through that entire god damn thing twice, and always missed one. :(

Rez said:
It's like in a movie where a character with amnesia suddenly remembers everything. Thanks for reminding me. :)

I really need to replay Zero at some point. It was a solid game. I actually played the Leech Hunter game, but I could only ever find 99 leeches. I played through that entire god damn thing twice, and always missed one. :(

I just played it so thats why it was fresh in my mind.

I really dont like Leech hunter, the only RE mini game I never completed.

Vyse The Legend said:
I need opinions, people:

I think the PSG is better than both of those.

The S75 has the highest damage potential. But the reloading cycle is long plus you lose your zoom after every shot. The PSG does more than enough damage to kill with one shot to the head. And it can be upgraded to 1200 damage per shot which is more than the SVD.

You get the PSG pretty late in the game though. So on my first play through on Normal I was using the bolt action. Second play on Veteran I am using PSG a lot.

You know what I really loved about the plot and files of RE5

They finally explain why Umbrella made BOWs at a loss and what the hell the overall point was anyway. Spencer just was batshit James Bond villain crazy and wanted to be a God. It may sound silly, but it makes Umbrella as a whole make a HELL of a lot more sense for the way they operate.

Thank you Jun!

consoul

The hardest puzzle in the RE series is the Water Sample puzzle near the end of Nemesis. Well, potentially. Due to it's randomness you can get lucky and get an easy pattern.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
consoul said:
The hardest puzzle in the RE series is the Water Sample puzzle near the end of Nemesis. Well, potentially. Due to it's randomness you can get lucky and get an easy pattern.
This is true. Although I fluked doing it relatively quickly on my first playthrough.

Proc

Is the ps3 getting dlc? I remember at e3 that microsoft swindled exclusive dlc, is that still the case? Are they just providing separate dlc to ps3?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Proc said:
Is the ps3 getting dlc? I remember at e3 that microsoft swindled exclusive dlc, is that still the case? Are they just providing separate dlc to ps3?
There is absolutely no reason to believe there will be any exclusive DLC. Neither Capcom or Microsoft have even hinted at such a thing.

There will be DLC (rumour has it that it is some kind of competitive Versus mode in the Mercenaries game), but it will nearly definitely be for both consoles.

Top Bottom