• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

bigswords

Synless said:
I was going to mention the lighting as well. It certainly looked like the 360's as opposed to the greenishy yellow tint of the ps3's. I dunno either way it doesn't make much of a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 has some framerate dips here and there as well.

It dosen't 360 framerate is relatively rocksolid, ps3 version jumps in quite a few places.

http://www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nzv31uHLY&eurl=http://www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/

Gotta love Amazon. They don't offer Release Date Delivery for the CE version, but they shipped it out today via overnight so I'll actually end up getting the game a day early :lol

Sectus

Neiteio said:
Sectus, I'm obsessed with the figurines. I suppose it'd be too much to ask you to list off all 46 of them?

For starters, is Irving's "extreme makeover" represented as a figure? And if so, does the figure show the whole bulk of the beast? Oh, and is that bat-scorpion repped as a figure? Gorgeous, gorgeous monster.
Listing all of them would be a bit time consuming. I can rougly summarize the list by listing how it's ordered:
1: Playable characters and NPCs
2: Enemies (also all those weird las plagas mutations of enemies)
3: Bosses
4: Hard to get figurines of the secret costumes for the playable characters

I think all the bosses are there. What you're talking about is there, and I'm pretty sure it shows the entire creature. I honestly haven't looked closely on the monsters. Scary monsters creep me out.

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm only now beginning to realize how time consuming some of the achievements/trophies are. For example, I'll be working on "Take it to the Max" until RE6 comes out. I've been through the game almost 3 times and have only completely upgraded like 3 weapons. :lol

And some of the leaderboard times are just sick. I swear I did Chapter 1 on veteran as fast as humanly possible (20 minutes) and yet there are people who have done it much faster. How is that possible?

I've played the PS3 version of RE5 now on both Normal and Veteran. Half way through Pro mode. Never had any frame rate issues.

The game is very very awesome. Haven't even taken my copy of Killzone2 out of the shrink wrap yet. It is just sitting there because I am having too much fun in RE5.

AkuMifune said:
I'm only now beginning to realize how time consuming some of the achievements/trophies are. For example, I'll be working on "Take it to the Max" until RE6 comes out. I've been through the game almost 3 times and have only completely upgraded like 3 weapons. :lol

And some of the leaderboard times are just sick. I swear I did Chapter 1 on veteran as fast as humanly possible (20 minutes) and yet there are people who have done it much faster. How is that possible?

Pro mode is where the money is at.

Sectus

AkuMifune said:

Infinite weapons definitely. Just keep running and if anything's in your way use your infinite magnum to kill them with no problem. I kinda wish they would have considered infinite weapons as "cheating" and not give ranks or leaderboards rankings for them. It removes just about all challenge.

And you should learn to save your money better or find more treasures :p I've also completed the game three times and I've got 8 weapons maxed with several upgraded a few times.

bigswords

AkuMifune said:

You can keep grinding mission
5-1 (where's there's alot of jewels and stuff)
. Quit game save your equipment, rinse and repeat.

I'm only now beginning to realize how time consuming some of the achievements/trophies are. For example, I'll be working on "Take it to the Max" until RE6 comes out. I've been through the game almost 3 times and have only completely upgraded like 3 weapons.

So awesome.

AkuMifune

Banned
PuppetMaster said:
Pro mode is where the money is at.
Oh. I'm almost there, just have one more area to beat in Veteran first. And I guess I need to find some good co-op buddies, too I've been doing this all single player.

Sectus said:
I kinda wish they would have considered infinite weapons as "cheating" and not give ranks or leaderboards rankings for them. It removes just about all challenge.
Agreed. I wish you couldn't use it in Pro mode, either. It would make that achievement so much sweeter. (not that it's going to be easy anyway I guess).

But I thought everyone said the PS3 demo was from an earlier build and that the final version wouldn't have framerate dips. :lol

"Dude, LOLZ. It says it's from an early build!!! The final version looks WAAAAYYY better. Are you really that stupid? LOLZ."

For what it's worth, I'm still getting the PS3 version, though. More friends on PSN.

Awntawn

just got a call from ashley telling me there's a midnight launch tomorrow. i screamed BITCH UR NOT IN THIS ONE and hung up.

xfactor

Banned
Un4 said:
Wow, never thought that i'll get a game sooner than most of GAF. I have it sitting right here next to me and i'm from the Netherlands.

Probably won't touch it today or tomorrow though.

I really hope i can get into the game after finishing Dead Space earlier this week.

Scroll back few more pages. Most of us have already beaten the game :D

careksims

CartridgeBlower said:
But I thought everyone said the PS3 demo was from an earlier build and that the final version wouldn't have framerate dips. :lol

"Dude, LOLZ. It says it's from an early build!!! The final version looks WAAAAYYY better. Are you that stupid? LOLZ."

For what it's worth, I'm still getting the PS3 version, though. More friends on PSN.

Also getting the PS3 version. I, too, have more friends on PSN and the friend I'm playing with, only has a PS3.

When we played the demo a dozen times over, we never ever notice any frame dips or texture detail. Looks smooth to me.

The only times I ever notice frame dips is when I'm playing FPS games on the computer.

Nemesis_

Rez said:
Ah, okay, fair enough. I've been hearing a lot about how easy the game is on Normal though, and I don't want to just cruise through the game.

I'll give both difficulties a try out when I get the game. Thanks for the advice.
You're not a man if you start on Normal. That is all I will say. I handled fine on Veteran by myself =)

voltron

Just got back from the store and had a quick look.

Im so fucking pumped for this game now! Its going to be amazing. And the graphics are just phenomenal.

I really don't know whether to buy or rent this game. Only because I've already purchased Kilzone and The Show in the past week and I'm trying to save money. It's probably been mentioned before but I'm typing this on my phone and using search takes forever; how long is the game?

careksims

voltron said:
Just got back from the store and had a quick look.

Im so fucking pumped for this game now! Its going to be amazing. And the graphics are just phenomenal.

Wait you got it, Defender of the Universe!? Argh! Hype gets me every time :(

TEH-CJ

Banned
criesofthepast said:
I really don't know whether to buy or rent this game. Only because I've already purchased Kilzone and The Show in the past week and I'm trying to save money. It's probably been mentioned before but I'm typing this on my phone and using search takes forever; how long is the game?

The game is basicly resi 4 in HD. literally

Same death animations

same shitty compressed sounds

same tank like controls

ammo is a bitch

takes 50 million shots to kill a fat zombie

ugh.

I will continue playing tho, hopefully it picks up later on.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Jeez, found out from my local store that they had the game in since last Saturday - if I wasn't so busy with other games, or waiting to buy it cheaper, I would have had it for so long now... :lol

I have 1 day left to get it cheaper than I probably will in months, still don't know yet...

Same death animations? So does this mean I will be able to see Chris or Shevas head fall off when it gets cut by a chainsaw like in RE4? In the demo this doesnt happen

Risette

A Good Citizen
TEH-CJ said:
The game is basicly resi 4 in HD. literally

Same death animations

same shitty compressed sounds

same tank like controls

ammo is a bitch

takes 50 million shots to kill a fat zombie

ugh.

I will continue playing tho, hopefully it picks up later on.
Are you shooting enemies in the torso?

TEH-CJ

Banned
SixStringPsycho said:
Same death animations? So does this mean I will be able to see Chris or Shevas head fall off when it gets cut by a chainsaw like in RE4? In the demo this doesnt happen

No its all censored.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TEH-CJ said:
I should be aiming at the head more i know. But even the fat zomies take like 2 clips to put down while shooting at their head
Go for the hits that stun them and use melee attacks. They do a lot of damage and save ammo, as well as giving you room to breathe.

Trophy talk, leaderboard talk (even though its depressing that it will all be people using infinite ammo...) and online mercenaries talk has me going crazy. I want this game NOW so i can start playing it over and over and over again. :D :D :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
photo-9.jpg

AkuMifune

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Out of curiosity, what is the #1 guy on the leaderboards time for this game. I bet its already reached the absurd levels.

For Normal right now I remember it being roughly an hour and a half.

I thought that was ridiculous at first, but made it through Chapter 1 on Veteran in 20 minutes myself last night (single-player), so I'm sure with a good teammate and a few shortcuts that's about right.

AkuMifune said:

I thought that was ridiculous at first, but made it through Chapter 1 on Veteran in 20 minutes myself last night (single-player), so I'm sure with a good teammate and a few shortcuts that's about right.

DAMN. Well I guess it can be fun finding exploits and such to get by, thats basically what its going to have to be.

~Kinggi~

Banned
AkuMifune said:

1 1/2 hours? There must be some juicy shortcuts.....

Although i can see how this might be possible if all someone does is run the whole game, only stopping on bosses and use their infinite ammo.

This game is pwetty. So nice playing in HD. I'm gonna relish playing my RE4HD, taking it real slow.

Btw, anyone see some weird banding/dithering effect on those large containers? (chapter 1) (ps3)

Top Bottom