• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
WHAT THE FUCK?!

There's a chest QTE to finish him off?! Fuck! When I beat the game last week I just used the shotgun to expose his chest, and unloaded a gazillion magnum rounds into it! Took FOREVER! ARGH!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Try it. It's actually pretty satisfying to see! :D

WOW. Just WOW. Easily one the best games of this gen. I am around 12 hours in starting chapter 5-2 and its been an unforgettable ride. It has been simply brilliant. I didn't think this team had it in them, I thought they would just copy RE4 and call it a day but ever since the game takes off around the 3rd chapter it presents setpieces and situations never seen in a RE game. It alsoknows its past and it makes sure all fans are pleased.

The boss fights are spectacular, they are on a scale I have never seen before, the size of these guys, woah. Sure some are different takes on RE4 bosses but they are different enough to be their own bosses. I guessI give the edge to RE4s bosses but this is a right there so far.

I love the weapons in this game, the selection dwarfs RE4 and it brings back some clasics from the old games. I love how there are files that go in detail about the backstories of many of the characters in this game, some of these files are 30 something pages, they were not playing when they said they were going to focus on the story.

Time to go in depth SPOILERS upto chapter 5-2

The amount of variety in the locations and setpieces have been blowing me away. From the oil rig where you have to work your way up while covering Josh, to the escape on the boat. The awesome boat section where you have to cover fire, then open the gates, amazing section. The Irving boss fight, stunning, kills the Del Lago fight.

My favorite area so far has been the caves, I felt like I entered a Tomb Raider game, when i first walked in and saw that view of everything below I could not believe it. So many awesome moments, from booby traps, evil plagas spider things, great balls of fire, super lazers and an actual puzzle! It was oozing with imagination and originality, all we needed was a classic giant ball rolling to kill you moment as an homage to the original, and Indy. The only issue I had in this part is that Sheva is an idiot around the lazers, she got hit so many times.

Chapter 5-1 was perfect. It was like I entered a different game, all of a sudden I was back to old RE. Creepy lab, files all over to read. Computers to check out (with the classic start up noise). A licker that you see right before it disappears from view. The build up to the licker was perfection, and the lickers themselves, BEST VERSION OF LICKER EVER. In fact its not even close. To me they have always been second rate hunters, kind of boring enemies, but in this game, they are savages. This is why i want a damn remake of an old RE game, cause these classic BOWs in this RE4 style could come alive like never before, their attacks patters could be so improved, as shown here. The licker room, perfect perfect perfect, I took out my trusty grenade launcher with acid rounds (I hear its especially powerful against living things) and went crazy on the Lickers. Hard as hell fight, they were grabbing both Sheva and I, we saved each other so many times.

Then the boss fight against U-8, woah, woah. That was epic, and another toughy. I had to use every single bullet I had to take that thing out. So thats where I left off, damn it this game needs more Wesker, I feel like time is almost up and nothing has really happenend yet with the story, just a backstory moment.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MiamiWesker said:
WOW. Just WOW. Easily one the best games of this gen. I am around 12 hours in starting chapter 5-2 and its been an unforgettable ride. It has been simply brilliant. I didn't think this team had it in them, I thought they would just copy RE4 and call it a day but ever since the game takes off around the 3rd chapter it presents setpieces and situations never seen in a RE game. It alsoknows its past and it makes sure all fans are pleased.

The boss fights are spectacular, they are on a scale I have never seen before, the size of these guys, woah. Sure some are different takes on RE4 bosses but they are different enough to be their own bosses. I guessI give the edge to RE4s bosses but this is a right there so far.

I love the weapons in this game, the selection dwarfs RE4 and it brings back some clasics from the old games. I love how there are files that go in detail about the backstories of many of the characters in this game, some of these files are 30 something pages, they were not playing when they said they were going to focus on the story.

Time to go in depth SPOILERS upto chapter 5-2

The amount of variety in the locations and setpieces have been blowing me away. From the oil rig where you have to work your way up while covering Josh, to the escape on the boat. The awesome boat section where you have to cover fire, then open the gates, amazing section. The Irving boss fight, stunning, kills the Del Lago fight.

My favorite area so far has been the caves, I felt like I entered a Tomb Raider game, when i first walked in and saw that view of everything below I could not believe it. So many awesome moments, from booby traps, evil plagas spider things, great balls of fire, super lazers and an actual puzzle! It was oozing with imagination and originality, all we needed was a classic giant ball rolling to kill you moment as an homage to the original, and Indy. The only issue I had in this part is that Sheva is an idiot around the lazers, she got hit so many times.

Chapter 5-1 was perfect. It was like I entered a different game, all of a sudden I was back to old RE. Creepy lab, files all over to read. Computers to check out (with the classic start up noise). A licker that you see right before it disappears from view. The build up to the licker was perfection, and the lickers themselves, BEST VERSION OF LICKER EVER. In fact its not even close. To me they have always been second rate hunters, kind of boring enemies, but in this game, they are savages. This is why i want a damn remake of an old RE game, cause these classic BOWs in this RE4 style could come alive like never before, their attacks patters could be so improved, as shown here. The licker room, perfect perfect perfect, I took out my trusty grenade launcher with acid rounds (I hear its especially powerful against living things) and went crazy on the Lickers. Hard as hell fight, they were grabbing both Sheva and I, we saved each other so many times.

Then the boss fight against U-8, woah, woah. That was epic, and another toughy. I had to use every single bullet I had to take that thing out. So thats where I left off, damn it this game needs more Wesker, I feel like time is almost up and nothing has really happenend yet with the story, just a backstory moment.
You'll be seeing more of Wesker soon. Don't worry about that. ;)

Great impressions.

Oh, and it might feel like you're near the end of the game at 5-2, but don't worry, you've still got a lot of content to go.

Blablurn

Just finished the game !

the last boss fight was awesome. i had no ammo left. i used the knife to attack the orange spots. suddenly the QTE started and i pushed the buttons like a maniac. awesome fight. too bad there is not much story at the end. maybe a little teaser or something like that.

the boss fights in general were pretty jaw-dropping. especially the battles against irving and the uroboros thing at 6.2. wow, wow, wow!

all in all, it's a great game. and i'm looking forward to the online co-op!

Rez said:
You'll be seeing more of Wesker soon. Don't worry about that. ;)

Great impressions.

Oh, and it might feel like you're near the end of the game at 5-2, but don't worry, you've still got a lot of content to go.

:D :D

And I can tell this is the type of game that will only get better on multiple playthroughs. I am so happy with it.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I cant freakin stand the save system in this game. It was perfect in RE4 why even change it? I'm playing my veteran game where I like to be as thorough as possible so if I mess up I like to restart from a previous spot of my choosing. Since the game "handles" the saves for you if I mess up and don't get a chance to restart before the game autosaves on you I have to quit the game then go back to the beginning of a sub-chapter. The jump to certain chapters is a welcome addition but taking away the ability to save at your own accord is stupid. This isn't COD it's Biohazard.

Not to mention that in RE4 I had several saved characters with different weapons and upgrades ready to go from the beginning depending on how I felt like playing the game. This new and "improved" save system will make it impossible for me to do that now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Much earlier in this thread there was a discussion about the game not being timeless because "the servers will eventually be shut down". I was under the impression that the game was run strictly through P2P. Doesn't that mean that there aren't servers to shut down? Meaning, we'll always be able to play the game?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shaheed79 said:
Not to mention that in RE4 I had several saved characters with different weapons and upgrades ready to go from the beginning depending on how I felt like playing the game. This new and "improved" save system will make it impossible for me to do that now.
Your inventory is persistent, so you will be able to start from any chapter with the weapons of your choosing, at any time. This means that, unlike RE4, you won't need, like, 20 saves to play at different points in the game, you'll just be able to start at different points whenever you want with whatever you want.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
gimz said:
i have a question, when i was playing RE5 co-op in the Demo from before, when i was playing with my friend split screen, we could use the whole wide screen
but when i tried to play co-op in the real game, the screen got smaller, any way to fix that?

the split was the same in the demo too iirc .. were you playing the demo on an SD display ?

rez said:
Much earlier in this thread there was a discussion about the game not being timeless because "the servers will eventually be shut down". I was under the impression that the game was run strictly through P2P. Doesn't that mean that there aren't servers to shut down? Meaning, we'll always be able to play the game?

i would give my left nut for that to turn out true.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Three bosses in and they all suck. :mad:
That turret fight against the El gigante guy that's not El gigante, was some bullshit. The first two bosses were easy as hell. :/

I'm digging these tribal dudes. They are actually fun to fight. I got goomba stomped, because I wasn't paying attention. LOL

Am I missing something in regards to the inventory system? When you get to the screen, can you switch items in your case, with ones you have at the bottom? o_O

Me and a friend made a pact with this game to experience it for the first time as indended: as CO-OP. We will not play a second of single player until we've been through the game together CO-OP.

HOLY CRAP this is THE BEST CO-OP experience I've had so far. It's absolutely amazing on every level.

The controls aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be (my biggest fear, especially playing the demo) and it's just 100% tailored for CO-OP.

CAPCOM, I FREAKING LOVE YOU!

HD-Remix, Street Fighter IV, RE5....

Hopefully the experience keeps up at least a similar level to the end that it has so far.

adamsapple

Oldschoolgamer said:
Am I missing something in regards to the inventory system? When you get to the screen, can you switch items in your case, with ones you have at the bottom? o_O

uh yeah, that bottom case is meant to act as storage, once you "remove" something it goes there, and in the "organize" menu you can go to the bottom inventory and recall things to either Chris or Sheva from there.

The save system is weird and broken. I saved the game in the middle of an area after it said checkpoint, I made sure to save my inventory. I turned off the game. Later I came back and it didn't save at the checkpoint, I had to start from the beginning of that area again but all the items I had were saved in my inventory and all the items, even the ones I picked up were still in the level. So I can just multiply my inventory forever, genius capcom, wtf.

Plus it doesnt handle a game as if its a straight playthrough, it handles it as if its chunks of a game. I dont like that I can go back to an old chapter, hoard ammo, then jump back to a later chapter. Whatever happend to playing a game from start to finish, what happens happens.

Eh its not a big deal, just hard to get used to I guess.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
The worst part of it all is that when I try to redo a certain section because I feel like I could have done better your inventory isn't reset to when you first entered that location. Why in the world would they do this? So if you want to you can replay a certain sub chapter that gives you lots of pickups over and over until your packed to the brim with ammo, grenades and health. All I want to do is replay the last section with the same inventory I started with but once again they have made very hard to do that due to the autosave. My frustration with the game mechanics have hurt my enjoyment of the game throughout.

jax (old)

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
The save system is weird and broken. I saved the game in the middle of an area after it said checkpoint, I made sure to save my inventory. I turned off the game. Later I came back and it didn't save at the checkpoint, I had to start from the beginning of that area again but all the items I had were saved in my inventory and all the items, even the ones I picked up were still in the level. So I can just multiply my inventory forever, genius capcom, wtf.

Plus it doesnt handle a game as if its a straight playthrough, it handles it as if its chunks of a game. I dont like that I can go back to an old chapter, hoard ammo, then jump back to a later chapter. Whatever happend to playing a game from start to finish, what happens happens.

I already commented on this and I don't like the save or item system.

The fact that you have this magically present inventory you can't always carry with you but somehow are able to get access to whenever you go past a chapter/doorway/area.... is fucking bogus/weird and bullshit. So in corridor A, i don't have xyz item on me, but the next room/chapter, I can dig it out of my magic bag and use it? Something strange and annoying to it.

The game breaks the flow of classica RE games completely

jax (old)

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
The worst part of it all is that when I try to redo a certain section because I feel like I could have done better your inventory isn't reset to when you first entered that location. Why in the world would they do this? So if you want to you can replay a certain sub chapter that gives you lots of pickups over and over until your packed to the brim with ammo, grenades and health. All I want to do is replay the last section with the same inventory I started with but once again they have made very hard to do that due to the autosave. My frustration with the game mechanics have hurt my enjoyment of the game throughout.

and as mentioned, earlier as well, this is the dead rising mechanics in a RE game. Persistent skills+items. You can go back to earlier chapters to boost loot so you can upgrade weapons. Its broken broken.... broken

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MiamiWesker said:

When it says checkpoint, it's just that, a checkpoint, not a save point. When it says "saving", that means you're good to turn off the game.

Jax said:

The fact that you have this magically present inventory you can't always carry with you but somehow are able to get access to whenever you go past a chapter/doorway/area.... is fucking bogus/weird and bullshit. So in corridor A, i don't have xyz item on me, but the next room/chapter, I can dig it out of my magic bag and use it? Something strange and annoying to it.

It's a videogame.

I personally love having to choose what items I'm going to take with me into an area. If the combo doesn't work out, and I die, I like that it immediately gives me the option to reorganise myself, and re-equip myself with a weapon more fitting.

I actually really like the item system.

jax (old)

Banned
Rez said:
When it says checkpoint, it's just that, a checkpoint, not a save point. When it says "saving", that means you're good to turn off the game.

It's a videogame.

I personally love having to choose what items I'm going to take with me into an area. If the combo doesn't work out, and I die, I like that it immediately gives me the option to reorganise myself, and re-equip myself with a weapon more fitting.

I actually really like the item system.

that's like saying every game we discuss in gaming is "a videogame". Doesn't really absolve the issues that the decisions capcom decided to go with and the problems it bring with it. It really does change the game into something else. ... right now, I'm going to go with generic 3rd person action game with RE references.

Its resident evil. except its no longer resident evil and not for the better.

As a long time fan (psone---> this), I am quite dismayed that this fells like a misstep from the awesome reset that happened with RE4. Even merceneries minigame in RE4 had more tension than this.

MoogPaul

Jax said:

classic RE games were all about the magical chest that moved from save room to save room. that is the definition of a magic bag. not defending the gameplay choice, just saying, calling out classic RE games is wrong.

senahorse

On the last chapter of my second play-through, veteran this time
using an unlimited M3 and an unlimited magnum with 5000 damage per shot lol
. I could whinge and complain about many little things that annoy me...however this is a great example of the whole being much greater than the sum of its parts. So much so that for the second day in a row I completely lost track of the time, just finished a session with a mate where we clocked 9 hours straight :lol, both in mercs and the campaign. Great game and well deserving of the high scores it has been getting, sure it may not be RE of old but this game is pure FUN. :D

I can't believe it's 9am. I've been playing all night D: Absolutely brilliant experience, I finished it around 1am and since then I've just been joining people's games and helping them out by using the longbow :lol Can't wait to try co-op Mercenaries but I think I better get some sleep now. Also looking forward to trying the gatling gun!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just got up to 6-2 on veteran and am calling it a night now, such an incredible game. I already have around 10 hours logged and definitely played a lot longer than that, I guess it doesn't track time if you die and get set back. Still, that's in 2 or 3 plays because I just can't put the game down. :lol

SMZC

So, my partner and I were playing yesterday for 5 hours in a row until we got to chapter 3.

The game is pretty good. But so far it's way below RE4, in my opinion. I can't really put my finger on what it is. Maybe a combination of pacing, atmosphere and variety of situations.

I'm really digging the African setting, but to me the atmosphere in the village of RE4 was top notch, and much better than this.

To be honest, I was expecting much more action in RE5. You have all this parts between action parts that hardly have any enemies at all. RE4 not only had more enemies (without being overload), which in my opinion made the game more enjoyable than RE5, but even while having more enemies and action, it managed to have a more appealing atmosphere, in my opinion. Anyone else feel the same?

The variety of situations isn't anything special either. RE4 threw new awesome situations every 5 minutes. In RE5, so far, I can hardly remember a couple of situations. Killing the infected is as fun as anything, though. I just wish there were more of them, and less parts of wondering around the environments without doing anything remotely interesting (if the atmosphere were there I wouldn't complain, but that's not really the case). And well, you also have that almost all (if not all) situations are obviously rehases of RE4's.

I'm not really digging the story so much either. Well, it's not like RE4 was any better either, but at least Leon was awesome and cool, despite of all his cheesiness (or rather, because of it :p).

So, gaf, do things get more interesting in the next chapters? As I said, it's not that I dislike the game; I just think that so far it has nothing on RE4.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Rez said:
Your inventory is persistent, so you will be able to start from any chapter with the weapons of your choosing, at any time. This means that, unlike RE4, you won't need, like, 20 saves to play at different points in the game, you'll just be able to start at different points whenever you want with whatever you want.
You don't understand Rez that's what I HATE about it.

adamsapple

SMZC said:
So, gaf, do things get more interesting in the next chapters? As I said, it's not that I dislike the game; I just think that so far it has nothing on RE4.

yes yes YES !

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
chandoog said:
uh yeah, that bottom case is meant to act as storage, once you "remove" something it goes there, and in the "organize" menu you can go to the bottom inventory and recall things to either Chris or Sheva from there.

Thanks. I thought I was missing something in that regard.

<3 rifles.

Lakitu

st5fu
One huge gripe for me:

Why the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck can't you save in between a chapter? This is bullshit! Unless I'm missing something. Everytime I did "save" it by not continuing, it always brings me back to the very start of the chapter when I resume.

Ryn said:
Depends on who you talk to. I hear a lot of "Not gonna be as good as RE4 because Mikami didn't work on it" which annoys me. Just because he didn't work on it doesn't automatically deem it subpar, but whatever.
You really seem to not appreciate the influence Mikami had on the series. The best titels of the series (RE1, RE2, Remake, RE4) are only what they are today because of him. That said, I'm sure he would have scrapped RE5 as it is today.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shaheed79 said:
You don't understand Rez that's what I HATE about it.
Ah, okay, fair enough. I see where you're coming from, but to me, I see it as a sacrifice in order to enhance the online co-op experience (saving your inventory in order for you to bring it in to other people's co-op campaigns). If what you're after is a traditional RE4 like single player experience, then yeah, I suppose the inventory system might be frustrating.

But RE5, to me, is a game that lives and dies by the co-op, so I find the system and the way it allows you to use your inventory a necessity. As a long time RE fan, I understand your frustration, but in the end, it made the co-op experience (and all my experiences to come when I play the game with other people) better.

TheExorzist said:
You really seem to not appreciate the influence Mikami had on the series. The best titels of the series (RE1, RE2, Remake, RE4) are only what they are today because of him. That said, I'm sure he would have scrapped RE5 as it is today.
Thank Kamiya for RE2. Mikami may have pulled the plug on RE1.5, but Kamiya was, ultimately, the brains behind the operation.

adamsapple

TheExorzist said:

Mikami didn't direct RE2. He was a producer, which he was on 3 and CV as well..

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...Marathon'd up to the last chapter, and called it quits.

The game is definitely way more fun on co-op, no doubt about it. Sheva's AI (I was on normal, so bear that in mind) was mostly fine, especially with a rifle, but there are slight issues with appropriate weapon usage. I shouldn't have to take the rifle from her every time to fire at long range, or have her stand in the middle of a group because she didn't move earlier.

Overall, it's pretty damn sweet, and the co-op mercs will have me playing for quite a while.

Fav boss fight:
Ripping the device off of Jill...odd, though, that her hair turned suddenly blondish, and that was her way back when in that trailer :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Lakitu said:
One huge gripe for me:

Why the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck can't you save in between a chapter? This is bullshit! Unless I'm missing something. Everytime I did "save" it by not continuing, it always brings me back to the very start of the chapter when I resume.
When the game says "checkpoint", it means that when you die you start there. When it says "saving" it means you're good to turn off the game and start there later. I believe it saves after every load screen.

Lakitu

st5fu
Rez said:
When the game says "checkpoint", it means that when you die you start there. When it says "saving" it means you're good to turn off the game and start there later. I believe it saves after every load screen.

Oh that's good then, I must be blind as I never recognise the saving as it happens. Now I can sleep easy.

adamsapple

2u5aot2.jpg

:lol :lol

gimz

chandoog said:
the split was the same in the demo too iirc .. were you playing the demo on an SD display ?

i would give my left nut for that to turn out true.
i was playing it on my wide screen LCD monitor but using SD

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Rez said:
Ah, okay, fair enough. I see where you're coming from, but to me, I see it as a sacrifice in order to enhance the online co-op experience (saving your inventory in order for you to bring it in to other people's co-op campaigns). If what you're after is a traditional RE4 like single player experience, then yeah, I suppose the inventory system might be frustrating.

But RE5, to me, is a game that lives and dies by the co-op, so I find the system and the way it allows you to use your inventory a necessity. As a long time RE fan, I understand your frustration, but in the end, it made the co-op experience (and all my experiences to come when I play the game with other people) better.
I guess that's what it ultimately comes down to. As a co-op action game RE5 succeeds in providing just enough adrenaline inducing moments to make the whole experience satisfying but as a single player experience, which imo is what a main line Resident Evil game should provide the player first and foremost, it fails on a lot of levels. They literally forgot what made the mainline Resident Evil games Resident Evil games.

Everything from the forced partner to the forced save system and broken inventory system make the single player experience too frustrating to enjoy it how a mainline RE game was meant to be enjoyed. I mean to design the save and inventory systems completely around what worked best for two player co-op while completely ignoring what was best or even practical for single player makes me almost feel like this game should have been designated to the online centric Outbreak series. It's obvious that their focus was the online co-op which is essentially what Outbreak was.

I think Capcom tried to combine the core concept of the Outbreak line with the mainline game not thinking about how much such a focus on co-op would ruin the traditional single player experience of the main series. They should have designed the two different modes with different game mechanics that suited both the single and multi-player aspects of the game separately. Squeezing it all into one game mechanic was obviously going to favor one way of playing over the other.

As the game stands now it basically punishes you for not playing with another human player and no game should do that especially when a game is not marketed as a multi-player online centric title like for instance Outbreak was. Everyone knew what to expect with Outbreak that it was meant as an online multi-player game and would not be nearly as enjoyable without other people to play with. This was not the case with RE5.

As much as people love the run and gun co-op centric mechanics in RE5 there were fans of the series who wished to play the game more traditionally by themselves especially since its predecessor RE4 was the best single player experience of the entire last generation. I don't think that expecting to have a similiar single player mechanic found in RE4 in RE5's single player mode was naive or too much to ask for the official sequel to RE4.

adamsapple

gimz said:
i was playing it on my wide screen LCD monitor but using SD

that's probably it, i've read people saying that they got full screen partitions in SD resolutions.

oh man this game is balls out awesome. god the graphics are insane and i love all the bonus shit like finding the emblems. this game has so much replayability. i love you capgod!

my only complaint so far is that when playing alone sheva will occasionally run off towards where we need to go and stand there instead of always following me. which causes problems when i want to retreat and fight enemies elsewhere.

man i can't wait to finish up my first playthru and then dive into co-op.

Rez said:
Thank Kamiya for RE2. Mikami may have pulled the plug on RE1.5, but Kamiya was, ultimately, the brains behind the operation.
Wrong. He screwed 2 versions of RE2 because they were (in his opinion) way to similar to the original. That he did not direct the second one himself is not the point. If it wasn't for him, RE2 would have been a cheap rippoff from the first.

123rl

I can't believe you can't have a save game for online and offline. I'd saved my game at a really important part then quit to play on Xbox Live with a mate. When we'd finished the game asked if I'd like to save so I specifically said NO so it wouldn't write over my current save. Well it did and, because I didn't save, I didn't get to keep the loot I'd found in co-op

FFS Capcom fix this stupid mistake. Just give us three profiles to save under and we'll all be extremely fucking happy

USD

Just beat the game. Great fun. Seeing as I've got about 2 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours, now is time for sleep.

Anyone having connectivity issues on the PS3? I'm so pissed that I got screwed out of two trophies tonight while palying with my brother due to it just dying out and then afterward sometimes even the connection to PSN dies. My internet doesn't go down or anything as everything else is fine, but I can't help to think that there's a problem going on. It's so frustrating since we put in so many hours only to get screwed out of it.

bigswords

123rl said:
I can't believe you can't have a save game for online and offline. I'd saved my game at a really important part then quit to play on Xbox Live with a mate. When we'd finished the game asked if I'd like to save so I specifically said NO so it wouldn't write over my current save. Well it did and, because I didn't save, I didn't get to keep the loot I'd found in co-op

FFS Capcom fix this stupid mistake. Just give us three profiles to save under and we'll all be extremely fucking happy

Errrm there's one selection to save the checkpoint, and the next part was to save your equipment / money etc... You can say no to the first one to avoid overwriting to your checkpoints and saying yes to the equipment bit to save your loot.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
bigswords said:
Errrm there's one selection to save the checkpoint, and the next part was to save your equipment / money etc... You can say no to the first one to avoid overwriting to your checkpoints and saying yes to the equipment bit to save your loot.
I'm pretty sure it only asks once, and when it does it concerns the inventory. As far as I can tell, the game automatically overrides whatever your last checkpoint was.

-Winnie-

Okay, how can anybody say this game isn't scary?
Got up to the part with all the tribal dudes. Freaked the shit out of me.

And with the BSAA emblems, is there supposed to be more than one per level? Some of them are bastards to find.

senahorse

-Winnie- said:
Okay, how can anybody say this game isn't scary?
Got up to the part with all the tribal dudes. Freaked the shit out of me.

And with the BSAA emblems, is there supposed to be more than one per level? Some of them are bastards to find.

Some only have one, most have about 3. I have 4 left to get myself.

Top Bottom