• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Sectus

Phaethon0017 said:
Sheva. When that kid joined he had MY Sheva, who had Zero ammo on everything because we'd just encountered a boss and she unloaded everything. I thought players came in with their own gear? Because the other day when my friend and I started co-op from the beginning and he stock piled on ammo and weapons and I went back to play it on singleplayer my AI Sheva had nothing. What gives?
If that's possible, I'd like to know how. Did the game go to the equipment screen when he joined?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
God's Beard said:
i hate not beong able to swap weapons with my co-op partner, especially since you can do it with the AI :(

I can see why they don't let you, they were probably well aware of the duplication exploits people can do with the inventory and didn't want people maxing out weapons and getting it duplicated without paying anything.

Sectus

MiamiWesker said:
As for the story, not sure what to think of all the plot twists they added, so now Wesker was a test subject all along. Spencer's plan was to create a super race. Ok. I am not upset cause now I know there are a bunch of other Weskers running around out there. YES! I wonder if we will ever meet Alex Wesker, the man who started it all. The Wesker line lives on, though none will ever come close to the man himself. Unless they cloned him.
Read the file on Wesker in the game, it explains everything about what Spencer mentioned about Wesker being "manufactured". Basically, Spencer monitored a bunch of highly intelligent children and gave them all the last name Wesker. When they grew older they were all injected with a virus which would give them super powers and obey Spencer. It didn't quite work out as only Albert Wesker survived the virus and he didn't actually care too much about letting Spencer live.

Ok, I'm apparently doing something wrong. I beat the game yesterday, started a new game + today, turned infinite ammo on, ...and I don't have infinite ammo. What happened?

mattso

rainking187 said:
Ok, I'm apparently doing something wrong. I beat the game yesterday, started a new game + today, turned infinite ammo on, ...and I don't have infinite ammo. What happened?
you also have to go into the special settings and make sure its on there and make sure you both the infinite ammo with points for whatever gun you have maxed out

confusing, I know

Dead

well not really...yet
rainking187 said:
IIRC you need to upgrade whatever weapon it is you are using to the max before getting infinite ammo

Papercuts

Dead said:
IIRC you need to upgrade whatever weapon it is you are using to the max before getting infinite ammo

Yeah, after you max a weapon you need to buy the option for infinite ammo at the same spot where you unlock figurines and costumes(beat the game first). They're all a few thousand exchange points, afterwards you need to enable infinite ammo on that gun and then you need to allow the game to have infinite ammo and it'll work.

Sectus said:
If that's possible, I'd like to know how. Did the game go to the equipment screen when he joined?

It did, and he complained about not having any ammo or money. I haven't played as Sheva and that kid had no idea what he was doing so I'm at a loss. All I know is I had to restart the game from the beginning to get Sheva restocked after my friend left yesterday.

How many points do you need to get an A rank? if it's 35, I'll be a bit pissed off considering I got 34-something the one time I managed to beat the mines withouat that stupid bug killing me.

wtf? does this bug heal itself?

Papercuts

Linkzg said:
How many points do you need to get an A rank? if it's 35, I'll be a bit pissed off considering I got 34-something the one time I managed to beat the mines withouat that stupid bug killing me.

wtf? does this bug heal itself?

It seems like 40K solo or 80K co-op for an A.

RPGCrazied

ugh, so how do you unlock stages in merc? I must suck in it. and about infinite ammo, i upgraded a weapon to max, and under special features i get files, cutscenes an ???

Altho I havent found one emblem yet :( Those sure are hidden

Christopher

When I view other people's trophys I see the Vs mode apparenlty in there, I don't need those trophys to get 100% do I? I hate forced multiplayer onlien trophys.

neoism

Well, I just got this game at 1 today, I've been playing with my cousin all day! Got to Chapter 5-1. This GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING.Best CO-OP experience I've had sense Halo 3. It doesn't really fill like a RE game, and with the fun I've had with coop I'm not sure if I want to play it single player! I hate how you have to join a game with two tags on the same Xbox though, I have to start the game and he has to sign in and it takes you back the the item menu, and splitscreen is STUPID. But other then that it doesn't hold a candle to RE4's atmosphere, and creepiness, but it's still an awesome game! I wasn't expecting an evolution like REV to RE4, and if anyone else did there stupid, I hope RE6 is "back to the roots", but an evolution like RE4 doesn't come that often. I wouldn't expect it with RE6 either, I'm beating it tomorrow, and going right back in, this game is fucking awesome, plain and simple!!!

Chiggs

Gold Member
Holy shit at the enemies in 6-1. Jesus, just had a balls to the wall fight. I can't believe people have criticized that last two chapters of this game. Pretty damn good, personally.

Neiteio

Y2Kev said:
It's because she's just so shitty and stupid that you can't help but love her. Why is it that when she heals herself-- when I'm not even near her-- she asks me if I'm okay in her pensive, inquisitive tone? Why does she yell at me to be careful when she has no health and I have full health? Why does she punctuate, "I need help," as if help was its own sentence? Why does she confirm every major story event exactly after it happens?

Bad guy: MUHAUHAUHA I AM USING X TO DO Y MUHUHAUHA

Sheva: Chris, do you think that they could be using X to do Y?

And instead of Chris telling Sheva to shut the fuck up and get him a cold drink, he never positively confirms her suspicions as if he doesn't know himself. After this game I am 100% sure that Chris is a retard. He's the only one in the freaking world that didn't know exactly who
Duckwoman
was, and he never pieces shit together. Big meathead.

Back to Sheva. "Oh dear me, look at that new beast!" right after a new monster pops up. "Chris, we should be quiet here. LOOOK OUUUUUUT," she screams, before she loudly kicks in a new door. "THANKS PAHTNAH," she says, before she wastes the shotgun rounds I gave her firing six times into a downed majini.

Oh, yes, Sheva, we truly can confirm that you do in fact need

HELLLLP
:lol :lol :lol

Had me in tears! Great post!

Sectus said:
Read the file on Wesker in the game, it explains everything about what Spencer mentioned about Wesker being "manufactured". Basically, Spencer monitored a bunch of highly intelligent children and gave them all the last name Wesker. When they grew older they were all injected with a virus which would give them super powers and obey Spencer. It didn't quite work out as only Albert Wesker survived the virus and he didn't actually care too much about letting Spencer live.

Yeah I read all that and enjoyed the backstory but wished it was fleshed out in the actual game. I just wonder if that is the direction this game is headed next.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Christopher said:
When I view other people's trophys I see the Vs mode apparenlty in there, I don't need those trophys to get 100% do I? I hate forced multiplayer onlien trophys.
I don't think so. They don't show up on the list when you just look at your own. They've probably been patched in and will display if you buy it but you won't need it to get Platinum.

ezekial45

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
You can't.

Thats unfortunate.

Anyway, i just had the most frustrating experience ever. This guy i was playing with for about 4 1/2 hours just quits halfway through the battle with
monster Wesker.
Not only that, he was hosting the game and that meant i couldn't continue on without him. Not only that, this was on Veteran.

Papercuts said:
Yeah, after you max a weapon you need to buy the option for infinite ammo at the same spot where you unlock figurines and costumes(beat the game first). They're all a few thousand exchange points, afterwards you need to enable infinite ammo on that gun and then you need to allow the game to have infinite ammo and it'll work.

Thanks for the help guys, that's like ridiculously overcomplicated. I've got another question about something from chapter 1-2.
I tossed Sheva up a ladder and she found an old building key. But when I moved on to the next area it just disappeared and I never got to use it. What's it for?

Pein

Banned
rainking187 said:
Thanks for the help guys, that's like ridiculously overcomplicated. I've got another question about something from chapter 1-2.
I tossed Sheva up a ladder and she found an old building key. But when I moved on to the next area it just disappeared and I never got to use it. What's it for?
the key unlocks a house with a shotgun in it

anyway I just beat it, really good game, now I'm gonna upgrade my weapons and unlock Sheva's 3rd costume :D

hteng

Banned
the story is a total trainwreck, it's awfully straightforward, i think 90% of people here already saw through the "plot twist" when the character was introduced at the first cutscene, it's laughable.

The co-op is solid though, i especially like those split routes, the tank controls will need some getting used to for first timers, i fucking hate those quicktime events, i mean i was enjoying the beautiful cutscenes then suddenly this weird button comes up and bam! game over, next time i have to focus my eyes on the lower half of the scene, which means i miss some stuff at the upper half.

the game needs to be played with another human, the AI is just not up to the task.

One quick question

Was it only the demo they cut off the gore? Or they did remove all the gore from the game entirely? ( Beheadings , impales etc.. )

if they did... lame

Yesterday when I bought the game I immediately got home, installed it (PS3 version), and started a Normal campaign just for kicks to mess around before starting my real play-through with my friend. My friend gets online and he starts a Veteran game, at this point I'm at like Chapter 1-3 so I just let him invite me and we start over which means my Sheva tranfers over to his game. That's fine, we play together 2 nights in a row and we're about half way through Chapter 3 Veteran now. However at a couple of sections (2-1 and 2-2 I think) I disconnected or logged out mid-playthrough and it caused the game to not give me credit for beating those sections.

What are, if any, the implications of going to Chapter Select and beating those sections solo or with a random person online? Will I lose my gear I've collected while playing with my friend (since all my stuff is on Sheva and not Chris) or would I just have to divvy up the items between Chris and AI Sheva and then give everything back to Sheva when I want to continue with my friend?

Brofist

I have to say really liking this game more than I imagined I would after the demo. On my 2nd run, this time doing a Emblem run on Veteran. I've shaved off more than half the time of my initial run (13 hours) on the last chapter on a under 6 hour pace. If it wasn't for the emblems I could have easily done it sub 5.

At a time when recently beating games once seems like a chore, I feel like I have a few more runs in me easily, and have barely looked at Merc yet.

Pein

Banned
SuperAndroid17 said:
One quick question

Was it only the demo they cut off the gore? Or they did remove all the gore from the game entirely? ( Beheadings , impales etc.. )

if they did... lame
there's nothing super graphic about the game

SuperAndroid17 said:
One quick question

if they did... lame
There is blood splatter (just mist to show hit detection), exploding heads are extremely common, enemies gib when they're grenaded, and during cutscenes there are some brutal deaths. It's nothing extreme though, basically the exact same as RE4.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So guys, I grabbed the collector's edition today, because I didn't want that to slip by.

For those who beat it, should I beat RE4 first? I only got like 3/4 through the original, as amazing as it was, my GameCube died and I never got around to finishing it.

Ryn

Captain N said:
so if I beat the game on Pro. with my buddy..do I still need to beat it on Normal and Easy to get those trophies?

They should just automatically unlock. I went through it on Normal and the Novice stuff unlocked as well as Normal on the 360. I don't see why the ps3 one would be any different.

chriskun

This may have been complained about/asked already, but is there anyway to start a lobby before starting the game, or do i have to start the game and then invite my friend??

Chiggs

Gold Member
xfactor said:
In the AI world, Sheva's probably complaining in a forum about how human Chris sucks. "Look I'm shooting at the Majini and Chris is blocking me!"

In the AI world, Sheva is mashing a keyboard and making retard sounds because she's a fucking idiot.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chiggs said:
In the AI world, Sheva is mashing a keyboard and making retard sounds because she's a fucking idiot.

In the AI world, DAAAAAQUAOURRR (which is Sheva's self-given name) is pooping in her pants and having a nurse strap her helmet on so that she can continue to enjoy ramming her head into a brick wall.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Y2Kev said:
In the AI world, DAAAAAQUAOURRR (which is Sheva's self-given name) is pooping in her pants and having a nurse strap her helmet on so that she can continue to enjoy ramming her head into a brick wall.

:lol

jax (old)

Banned
FINISHED THE GAME

7.5/10 (re4 in comparison was 10/10)

comments on plot
I thought the story resolved itself quite well but I can't get over the fact that they killed wesker... ... I think I feel a little sad, not happy
.... everything else leading up to this was servicable. Fun to a degree, co-op play isn't resident evil and well, I enjoyed it. Its not OMFG awesome that RE4 was to me. The cult/plagas + gothic neo horror setting worked so much nicer in RE4. Not to mention it started in the woods.

The last few fights were ammo dumps, with a human it would have been easier, but AI sheva doesn't seem to understand the whole "shoot X" concept of the final game.

Non of the QTEs in this game met the awesomeness of Krauser. Non of the villians in this game matched the evil gnomey henchman or krauser. RE4 wins!

/sad

Christopher

I like the game so far but it's missing some campy bosses/characters

Hopefully we get a Salazar like guy, and I miss Ada...

Ada is more badass than Sheva she can't do this shit in heels

Top Bottom