• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Having trouble on chapter 6-3 in Co-op mode.

In the boss fight with Wesker with the Uruboros, we run to the bridge, it collapses, Sheva makes it across, but Chris does not. Chris shoots Wesker enough for his heart to expose, and then Sheva shoots him in the back. Then he grows another tentacle, and jumps over to where Sheva is. Sheva runs across a bridge and it collapses. Chris takes pot-shots at Wesker to keep him distracted as Sheva suggests, but Sheva is never able to climb up the collapsed bridge, and dies every time. Is it that Sheva can't tap X fast enough long enough, or am I missing some part of the events sequence?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
bmf said:

In the boss fight with Wesker with the Uruboros, we run to the bridge, it collapses, Sheva makes it across, but Chris does not. Chris shoots Wesker enough for his heart to expose, and then Sheva shoots him in the back. Then he grows another tentacle, and jumps over to where Sheva is. Sheva runs across a bridge and it collapses. Chris takes pot-shots at Wesker to keep him distracted as Sheva suggests, but Sheva is never able to climb up the collapsed bridge, and dies every time. Is it that Sheva can't tap X fast enough long enough, or am I missing some part of the events sequence?

its a little bit of both, you have to keep wesker distracted and mash X like crazy and continuously until she gets up after a while. I think if you hit wesker enough it goes by faster.

bmf said:

Have Sheva run straight to her x-pressing moment and keep pressing X while Chris is pushing over the bolder. Chris will have to survive long enough for Sheva to get over. Then both go to the big circle area where Chris originally landed and fight Wesker

Synless

JB1981 said:
Did you notice frame rate issues with the demo?
The framerate in the ps3 version is better than the demo. It's not perfect though. You would certainly notice the studdering from time to time based off my past impressions of how you notice that kind of stuff. Playing up towards half way through the game I can honestly say that it was way overblown by people and that really it's barely noticeable running pretty smoothly with slight studdering from time to time.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Dartastic said:
Anyone?
The Giant Bugs?
How do I kill them! Should I just run away?

When they stand up on their rears, wait for a shiny spot. If you don't see it, back up. It'll collapse, another shiny spot will show. Then another. Then it will stand up and flop backwards, and you guessed it, another shiny spot.

adamsapple

Dartastic said:
Anyone?
The Giant Bugs?

if you're talking about
the reapers
then there's an easier but riskier way to kill them, shotgun works best, wait for them to get real close so they start walking on the two legs, then wait for the little "sack" in the middle of their stomach to open revealing the glowing yellow thing inside. Shoot it point blank and its almost always a one hit kill if you've got a decent upgraded shotgun.

Angst

Dartastic said:
Anyone?
The Giant Bugs?

I used the grenade launcher with electric grenades and they go down after 8-10 shots...

ezekial45

Banned
Dartastic said:
Anyone?
The Giant Bugs?

Most of the time i just used my grenade launcher with explosive rounds to kill them. However, when they prepare for their instant kill attack (walk on their back legs with their arms stretched out) their weak point on the chest will be exposed.

MutFox

Banned
Dartastic said:
Anyone?
The Giant Bugs?

Explosive rounds make them easy,
also, a sniper rifle or magnum is good.

Aim for the white spot when it opens.

adamsapple

Dartastic said:
I thought so, but they still won't go down. I guess I just suck. =(

a well timed grenade will cause them to flip for a few seconds exposing the weak spot.

Dartastic

I GOT ONE AND IT GAVE ME IT'S POWER STONE! YEAH BITCHES! :lol :lol

FUCK WHERE DID THAT OTHER ONE COME FROM AND KILL ME GHGHHGHGHG

If anyone wants to get on and help me with this part it'd be greattttt.

MutFox

Banned
1 guy I found not tough, but annoying to kill was the
guy with no arms, and a big weakspot on this leg.

I would waste so much ammo, and it wouldn't die.
not sure if that spot is only weak from the front or not.

In coop, the thing was agro'd on me and stuck on a wall,
my brother stood there knifing it for 5 mins, and still wouldn't go down.
so eventually he placed a land mine... :/

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Damn, Pro mode is insane for gold. I'm up to 3-2 now and already earned enough to get a completly un-upgraded magnum maxed out.

So far I think the gigante fight was the hardest part, mainly because you can't use your infinite ammo stuff. I had no idea how you stop the boulder attack, and it takes off half your health.

RPGCrazied

so, about infinite ammo.. is it under bonus features or something?

I beat the game, one of my weapons is fully upgraded. I bet its one of those that costs emblems huh?

I haven't found any yet, lol

polyh3dron said:
This game is awesome... it's like MGS4 without the sneaking around and the overblown expository cutscenes (which I love, no trollin here).

IMO, yes. The character models look GREAT.

without the epic as well... I am probably enjoying this game more than any of the previous RE's, but I wouldn't put the experience within the same realm as MGS4... Also, MGS4 may have more exposition in the narrative, but then this game story is entertaining but not very interesting...comes with genre though

~Kinggi~

Banned
Papercuts said:
Damn, Pro mode is insane for gold. I'm up to 3-2 now and already earned enough to get a completly un-upgraded magnum maxed out.

So far I think the gigante fight was the hardest part, mainly because you can't use your infinite ammo stuff. I had no idea how you stop the boulder attack, and it takes off half your health.
Boulder attack, you either hit the barrel to make him drop it, or you shoot the boulder until it breaks. Thats hard to do though.

nelsonroyale said:
without the epic as well... I am probably enjoying this game more than any of the previous RE's, but I wouldn't put the experience within the same realm as MGS4... Also, MGS4 may have more exposition in the narrative, but then this game story is entertaining but not very interesting...comes with genre though

RE 5 is incredibly epic. What you be smokin? It doesnt span the globe and go quite as insane as MGS 4 does, but compared to other games it is up there.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Papercuts said:

Shoot the barrel next to him when he pulls the boulder and it will shatter it.

Papercuts

RPGCrazied said:
so, about infinite ammo.. is it under bonus features or something?

I beat the game, one of my weapons is fully upgraded. I bet its one of those that costs emblems huh?

I haven't found any yet, lol

You have to buy the infinite ammo with exchange points, then activate it.

~Kinggi~ said:
Boulder attack, you either hit the barrel to make him drop it, or you shoot the boulder until it breaks. Thats hard to do though.

RE 5 is incredibly epic. What you be smokin? It doesnt span the globe and go quite as insane as MGS 4 does, but compared to other games it is up there.

Yeah, I tried shooting it and saw it crack, both of us nailing it still didn't stop it.

Dartastic

Normal. It's my first runthrough. I'm on 360, and my GT is Dartastic. I also have a feeling I'm at a checkpoint... I'll hold up for a minute or two for a response.

mattso

Dartastic said:
Normal. It's my first runthrough. I'm on 360, and my GT is Dartastic.
alright. I've only played on veteran so this should be fun but money is money and that part of the game is one of my favorites

gt: fidel mattstro

be on in a few

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't know what's up with everyone complaining about the tearing. I'm usually very sensitive to tearing (very easy to notice in Uncharted). At 720p, I really haven't noticed any.

TheExodu5

Banned
MutFox said:
1 guy I found not tough, but annoying to kill was the
guy with no arms, and a big weakspot on this leg.

Found out how to kill it really easily.
Pop some shots in its legs, and it will go down and open it's mouth. Unload your load in his mouth!

mattso

TheExodu5 said:
I don't know what's up with everyone complaining about the tearing. I'm usually very sensitive to tearing (very easy to notice in Uncharted). At 720p, I really haven't noticed any.
same here, if anything i'm constantly taken aback by how good this game looks

my dad walked in the other day and went "this is a game?"

No graphical issues with 720p here either, and getting along just fine with Type D. Great looking game (360 version).

Time to boot it up for an hour or so.

Papercuts

HOLY SHIT :lol

Those weird mutations where the enemy bubbles up and looks like a tooth monster has an awesome death scene. They may not show the chainsaw decap, but I just had my upper body get bitten off and saw my lower half drop to the ground and twitch.

Neiteio

TheExodu5 said:
Are you playing the PS3 version? The PS3 version doesn't have tearing due to v-sync. So you won't notice tearing on the PS3. If you have the 360 version, force the game to output in 720p and that should fix quite a bit of tearing.

Gah, I'm itching to play this tonight. What's everyone's favorite figurine? I don't have them all yet, but so far my favorites are
Giant Majini (the shaman)
Popokarim
and
Irving (transformed)
. I anticipate I'll finally get the figures for
U-8
and
Uroboros
after beating Chapter 5, and from the sounds of it
Excella
Wesker
and
Jill
as well. I make a point of viewing my favorite figures at least once everytime I play.

I really want to see what Excella turns into. Is it epic?

TheExodu5

Banned
Neiteio said:
Are you playing the PS3 version? The PS3 version doesn't have tearing due to v-sync. So you won't notice tearing on the PS3.

360 version. Framerate issues have been very rare as well. I experience only a few during the game, and usually that was during a boss fight. Somehow, the 3-3 boss doesn't drop a frame...I'm amazed.

The only place framerate issues have been a tad more prominent is in Mercenaries mode. Framerate struggled a bit on the first Mercenaries level, though I was playing online coop, so it may spawn more zombies in that case (not sure).

Acidote

I've been playing it for a while and just hit the end of... ¿2-3?
killed "the ogre", but it was hard to take him seriously. I looked at his face and could only see Samuel L. Jackson's :lol

Quite fun and very addicting game. No more no less.

By the way, I set my 360 to 1280x720 (down from 1680x1050, my monitor reescalates nice) and the tearing dissappeared.

JB1981

Synless said:
The framerate in the ps3 version is better than the demo. It's not perfect though. You would certainly notice the studdering from time to time based off my past impressions of how you notice that kind of stuff. Playing up towards half way through the game I can honestly say that it was way overblown by people and that really it's barely noticeable running pretty smoothly with slight studdering from time to time.

Thanks. :)

5-3 Part 2 of the boss fight was so good. I broke my finger tapping X like a mad man. The part before that where you have to lower the bridge and those leaper mother fuckers are everywhere??? YAH FUCK THAT SHIT! Can't imagine that on veteran or pro.

criesofthepast said:
5-3 Part 2 of the boss fight was so good. I broke my finger tapping X like a mad man. The part before that where you have to lower the bridge and those leaper mother fuckers are everywhere??? YAH FUCK THAT SHIT! Can't imagine that on veteran or pro.

It's quite easy actually.
Person on the ground floor can shoot the lickers on the wall when they are climbing up. A few handgun shots or a rifle shot will make them fall off and be done with.

~Kinggi~

Banned
criesofthepast said:
It was a bloody nightmare on veteran. But, since RE 5 is such an amazing game, some thought and strategy on the situation actually makes it easy. I planted proximity mines behind me as i pushed the box. And i used Acid rounds which knocks them down in 1 hit.

Johnas

How exactly do you increase maximum HP in this game?

I haven't run across any yellow herbs yet and I just started 3-1. I don't think I've tried combining two green with one red yet though, or reds with each other.

DrBo42

I've spent a few hours with the game now, up to 2-2 I think. Enjoying it immensely so far. My only complaint is that Sheva is always in my face when I'm shooting, but it seems like the game is meant to be played co-op. Animations from RE4 kinda bum me out since the game has improved so much visually. Quite happy from my purchase, wish I didn't have to go into work now on a fucking SUNDAY. I want to keep playing :(

mittelos

Johnas said:

I haven't run across any yellow herbs yet and I just started 3-1. I don't think I've tried combining two green with one red yet though, or reds with each other.
Was just wondering the same thing. I'm only at 2-2 though. Taking my sweet time for maximum enjoymentication.

Pein

Banned
Johnas said:

its maxed from the beginning, you can buy vests to reduce damage though

Llyranor

Mercs co-op is awesome.

I'm a type C player myself. Though I'd actually prefer type D if it weren't for the fact that I'd miss all the X melee attacks if I did.

Top Bottom