• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medalion said:
Because she can't be near Clark without hurting him. And frankly they don't care about her story anymore.

Yep, sacrifice the world for the sake of hurting one person. It wouldn't even kill him.

Kagari said:
Not enough budget.

But people fly all the time, even Red K Clark.

I may be alone in this, but I actually kind of like the fact he hasn't flown yet (if you don't count Season 4). Why? Because when he finally DOES fly, it's going to be a defining moment, something extraordinary.

xrich

Banned
Kagari said:
Yeah I know. I'm just making stuff up :x
It is kind of silly they don't have him flying normally yet.

there were interviews before with the showrunners explaining it. i forgot what it was now, but i think DC didnt allow them to have him fly or something. or maybe it was WB so it doesnt confuse moviegoers or something.

mercboyz

Spike Spiegel said:
I wonder if Warner's inability to move forward on a new Superman film project might actually have something to do with the new "almost Superman" direction of Smallville. WB doesn't want any confusion between its film properties and its television, but if there's no film then where's the harm?

I was kind of hoping with that Siegel and Shuster case vs DC would help Warner's move Smallville to the big screen They have to have something filming by 2011, from what I remember.

gdt

mercboyz said:
I was kind of hoping with that Siegel and Shuster case vs DC would help Warner's move Smallville to the big screen They have to have something filming by 2011, from what I remember.

You've lost your mind if you think WB is moving Smallville to the big screen.

gdt5016 said:
You've lost your mind if you think WB is moving Smallville to the big screen.
Yeah, that won't happen.

At best they'd reuse actors, but it wouldn't be set in the Smallville universe. I'd like to see Tom Welling, Erica Durance, and Michael Rosenbaum be given the roles of Supes, Lois, and Lex in a big budget Superman movie though.

I bet they could even get Rosenbaum to shave his head again for $5 million. :D

Pipe dreams though. Welling is still the best choice for a Superman in this generation. Routh was good, but way too thin. Welling has the build of Superman.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Great, now hopefully they find a suitable show to air after it. Repeats of America's Next Top Model is just silly.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
mercboyz said:
Yeah, I meant the actors. Welling in the Echo episode from this past season, said some lines that were pure Superman-esqe. Erica Durance's Lois Lane so far has destroyed Bosworth's portrayal. Rosenbaum's Lex has been the best since Clancy Brown's animated version.
*golf clap*

About Superman, Brandon Routh was 6'3" and 220lbs in Superman Returns. I'm pretty sure he's actually bigger than Welling.

Chamber said:
*golf clap*

About Superman, Brandon Routh was 6'3" and 220lbs in Superman Returns. I'm pretty sure he's actually bigger than Welling.
He looks so tiny in it.

I was thinking Superboy! the entire time I was watching it.:D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Thunder Monkey said:
He looks so tiny in it.

I was thinking Superboy! the entire time I was watching it.:D
Maybe it was the spandex.

He definitely had a babyface thing going on. Ever since it was pointed out to me that he looks like one of the Jonas Brothers, it's been something I can't unsee.

mercboyz

I think Welling is 6'3"/6'4", so height wise they are the same. But Welling just has bigger body frame than Routh does. The Returns suit didn't do him any favors.

Chamber said:
Maybe it was the spandex.

He definitely had a babyface thing going on. Ever since it was pointed out to me that he looks like one of the Jonas Brothers, it's been something I can't unsee.
:lol

Funny thing to me.

I actually liked Smallville's low budget bullet/eye scene a lot more then the Superman Returns big budget bullet/eye scene. It just came off as hokey in Superman Returns. But then again Lex by Kevin Spacey was way too cartoony in the movie too.

DieH@rd

Banned
Kagari said:
Lana gaining that super suit or whatever it was, was pretty redundant too.

At least they went with superpower that has appeared before in comics.
There is a Comic storyline where Lex builds Prometheus suit for himself

At least comic book nerds were satisfied with suit. :)

Flash

DieH@rd said:
At least they went with superpower that has appeared before in comics.
There is a Comic storyline where Lex builds Prometheus suit for himself

At least comic book nerds were satisfied with suit. :)

i liked the idea of the power suit... but i think they ruined a potential series finale angle. I think they should have just hinted at the existence and then later, if worst comes to worst and michael rosenbaum does not come back then use some bald dude as lex donning the suit and work with that. now that it was revealed as kryptonite embedded in your skin that angle probably won't work as well.

Medalion

Banned
Smallville has mixed around all sorts of Superman mythos canon. Let's face it, this is not your daddy or granddaddy's Superman origin story.

Flash

Medalion said:
Smallville has mixed around all sorts of Superman mythos canon. Let's face it, this is not your daddy or granddaddy's Superman origin story.

oh definitely not. in no way am i expecting them to follow the original mythos as the only way back is to do a complete mind wipe of everyone (....so maybe not impossible). I'm just saying i think that would've been a cool route to go and be able to incorporate lex in the show without actually having michael rosenbaum.

Medalion

Banned
He could be disfigured facially, after the surgery so he can excusibly look different from Michael Rosenbaum abit and have a different sounding voice.

xrich

Banned
so ABC is moving Ugly Betty back from Friday to Wednesday after seeing positive buzz this season. there was a lot of talk of it being the last season, but who knows now.

reminds me alot of Smallville here, our show that could. Cmon CW, do the right thing and move it so more people can experience this. fucking Vampire Diaries, move that shit, its got a big enough fanbase to go to Wednesday or something when you have nothing.

ZeoVGM

Banned
xrich said:
so ABC is moving Ugly Betty back from Friday to Wednesday after seeing positive buzz this season. there was a lot of talk of it being the last season, but who knows now.

reminds me alot of Smallville here, our show that could. Cmon CW, do the right thing and move it so more people can experience this. fucking Vampire Diaries, move that shit, its got a big enough fanbase to go to Wednesday or something when you have nothing.

I don't see it happening this season or maybe ever again. They seem to be happy that they FINALLY have a solid show on Friday nights. The CW (hell, The WB!) has NEVER really had that.

xrich

Banned
omg rite said:
I don't see it happening this season or maybe ever again. They seem to be happy that they FINALLY have a solid show on Friday nights. The CW (hell, The WB!) has NEVER really had that.

well, as long as theyre happy and the show keeps these ratings up, i'm happy.

ZeoVGM

Banned
xrich said:
well, as long as theyre happy and the show keeps these ratings up, i'm happy.

I just want them to find a suitable show for 9 instead of a fucking Top Model encore.

Like, perhaps, Dollhouse. :[

Medalion

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
No...

They killed off Jimmy's older brother...

lol

bwahahahaha! I never did get over that decision... is why the finale of the previous season was so awful besides dissapointing Doomsday fight.

Medalion

Banned
Jimmy will be resurrected by the FOS Jor-El to save Lois.

You heard it first here folks.

Knowing Smallville that COULD be a real plot point honestly.

Kevin

warriorbanner2-1.gif

This animated gif is from an upcoming episode. Smallville also orders more sets:

http://devotedfansnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15310

Image from "Disciple" showing off the Dark Archer nemesis:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/disciple1.jpg

Mireille Urumuri Cast In Smallville Role.

New information regarding the "Absolute Justice" tv movie:

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/smallville/smallville-scoop-death-begets-supersized-justice/

Not much news, just a few tibits here and there.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Medalion said:
Jimmy will be resurrected by the FOS Jor-El to save Lois.

You heard it first here folks.

Knowing comic books that COULD be a real plot point honestly.

Fixed.

And wow, nice new footage. :D

Bishman

Oh. My. God.

Smallville is so good this season!

sogood.gif

I am glad that I returned back to watching this show.

The quality of the episodes are amazing. Do they have a different team doing the writing? It is like the best of Smallville + Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight direction + mature / epic feel to each and every episode now.

I use to hate the character Lois Lane, as I still had a big thing for Lana but Clark + Lana wasn't going anywhere. Right now... Clark + Lois have amazing chemistry on screen.

Bishman said:
Oh. My. God.

Smallville is so good this season!

sogood.gif

I am glad that I returned back to watching this show.

The quality of the episodes are amazing. Do they have a different team doing the writing? It is like the best of Smallville + Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight direction + mature / epic feel to each and every episode now.

I use to hate the character Lois Lane, as I still had a big thing for Lana but Clark + Lana wasn't going anywhere. Right now... Clark + Lois have amazing chemistry on screen.
A couple of exec producers left between last season and this one. They also added Tom Welling to the list of executive producers.

I'd say that's why this year is turning out so great. New blood in charge.

So, apparently when Martian Manhunter reappears in the second half of Absolute Justice he's gonna have green skin and a costume.

Is Clark gonna fly him to space?

I just want more now please.

This new? The Source has a new preview clip from Smallville's "Absolute Justice" movie event.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/0...the-geoff-johns-penned-episode-of-smallville/

It’s not a stretch to say comics are everywhere on the pop culture landscape — movies, television, books and beyond. These colorful heroes are a part of our daily lives, and we’re proud to unveil something very cool — and by “cool,” I mean something special, that we’ve never done before on THE SOURCE.

As most of you know, BLACKEST NIGHT writer Geoff Johns has done his fair share of Hollywood work, including but not limited to working with SUPERMAN director Richard Donner. He’s also written episodes of SMALLVILLE. The most recent, titled “Absolute Justice” features the television debut of some of his — and your — favorite DCU heroes, including Hawkman, Stargirl and Dr. Fate.

In other words, the Justice Society of America. The first superhero team in history and one that holds a special place not only for Geoff, but for fans everywhere.

So, needless to say, we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention it here. We’d be doubly at fault if we didn’t corral Geoff himself to share a few words, too. Take it away, Geoff:

“It’s the first live action Justice Society of America. Hawkman, Doctor Fate and, my personal favorite, Stargirl. But don’t expect them to be the one ones you see. Look closely in this episode. There’s more cameos and easter eggs than Green Lanterns.”

Oh, and did I mention we have an exclusive clip from the episode, courtesy of the fine folks at The CW? Click below to view. Enjoy!
Download Link

From the painting:

- Star Spangled Kid
- Wildcat
- Atom
- Sandman
- Spectre
- Flash
- Hawkman
- Hawkgirl
- Dr. Fate
- Green Lantern
- Hourman
- Doc Mid-Nite
- Black Canary
- Mr. Terrific

Now I know this is the Season 9 "official" thread, but are we starting a separate thread for this movie event?

Kevin

aj19.jpg

That new trailer is freakin awesome. Also Ausiello has learned that Martha Kent is coming back for an episode and that there are a couple surprises surrounding her return:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/19/smallville-annette-otoole-returns-as-martha/

Sadly the next episode won't air until Friday the 29th due to the Haiti's situation. However, here is a pretty cool poster for the movie which will still air on February 5th:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RrObyQ3Xz...bed8490cf5c1655ac18a9565d.4b562fdf-scaled.jpg

Pictures from the "Warrior" episode with the return of Zatanna and Warrior Angel:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/warriorgallery1.htm

Absolute Justice official description (select to see):

DC COMICS
' CHARACTERS HAWKMAN, STAR GIRL AND DR. FATE FROM THE JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA MEET UP WITH CLARK AND HIS TEAM IN A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EVENT; PAM GRIER GUEST STARS — A man named Sylvester Pemberton tracks down Chloe (Allison Mack) and tells her he knows about her team of superheroes and needs their help. However, before he can explain who he is, he is attacked and killed by Icicle (guest star Wesley Macinnes). Clark (Tom Welling) and Chloe's (Allison Mack) investigation leads Clark to the former headquarters of the Justice Society of America where he meets up with Nelson AKA Dr. Fate (guest star Brent Stait), Carter Hall AKA Hawkman (guest star Michael Shanks) and Courtney AKA Star Girl (guest star Britt Irvin). Courtney pleads with Hawkman and Dr. Fate to help her catch the killer that is targeting their group but they are reluctant to resume their duties as superheroes. Clark, John Jones (guest star Phil Morris), Green Arrow (Justin Hartley) and Chloe team up to help the JSA stop Icicle before he murders another member of the group. Meanwhile, Lois (Erica Durance) receives a package from a mysterious agency called Checkmate, run by Amanda Waller (guest star Pam Grier). Posted on KryptonSite. Geoff Johns wrote the two-hour episode. Glen Winters directed the first hour (#3X5262) and Tom Welling
directed the second hour (#3X5263).

Three new titles for episodes:

-Escape
Lois and Clark going away on a bed and breakfast
-Checkmate
Amanda Waller episode
-Upgrade
Brian Austin Green returns as Metallo

Writer saw rough cut of Absolute Justice and says fans are in for a treat (loved it):

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2010/01/08/smallville-brings-more-dc-heroes-to-life/

Season 10 sounds "most likely":

Smallville Season 10: Things Are Looking Even Brighter...

Today The CW held their part of the Television Critics Association press tour, and several journalists caught up with CW Entertainment President Dawn Ostroff to discuss the prospects of Smallville going for a tenth season.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello, Ostroff sounds optimistic about the show's chances, and seems pleased with the show creatively. But regarding whether or not the show will be back for another year, Ostroff says the decision will come in May. "[The producers] haven’t even pitched us the last episodes yet, so we haven’t even gotten to how we’re going to deal with the last episode and whether it’s a season finale or series finale," Ostroff said to Ausiello. "But right now, I think it’s just a season finale."

Ostroff also made chances sound good in an interview with IGN's Eric Goldman. "If the show doesn't come back, I think it will be a sort of really last minute decision, because either development [for new series] was great or the show wasn't doing as well on Friday nights. But we still have a whole half a season to go before we have to determine that," she said.

So, while no official decision has been announced, at least things ARE sounding good.

Source:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Big Tease Smallville Scoop 1/12/2010:

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/the-big-tease/the-big-tease-scoop-on-house-ncis-greys-and-more/

Big Tease Smallville Scoop 1/19/2010:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137980

Some updates to you guys excited. :D

Kevin

Ausiello Exclusive: Perry White Returns to Smallville:

Could Michael Rosenbaum be next?!

On the heels of my scoop that Annette O’Toole is returning as Ma Kent, executive producer Brian Peterson confirms to me exclusively that Smallville is also bringing back Michael McKean as Perry White at season’s end.

“We’re thrilled to have Michael back on the show,” says Peterson, “and to be able to link it with the anticipated return of Martha Kent is just a phenomenal way to gear up to the end of the season.”

Peterson also reveals that the iconic character’s latest trip through Smallville will bring him “closer to his destiny” than ever before, adding, “We finally get to see the legendary introduction between Perry White and the intrepid Lois Lane.”

O’Toole and McKean (who, as you know, are married in real life) will appear in this season’s penultimate episode (No. 21).

What say you Smallville fans? Stoked beyond belief? Do you think/hope Lex will be next? Sound off below!

Source:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/20/exclusive-michael-mckean-perry-white-returns/

This is freakin awesome. It's been nothing but good news for Smallville lately. Also season 10 is looking closer to happening:

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3873

gdt

Spike Spiegel said:
From the painting:

- Star Spangled Kid
- Wildcat
- Atom
- Sandman
- Spectre
- Flash
- Hawkman
- Hawkgirl
- Dr. Fate
- Green Lantern
- Hourman
- Doc Mid-Nite
- Black Canary
- Mr. Terrific

Now I know this is the Season 9 "official" thread, but are we starting a separate thread for this movie event?

When you say Sandman...do you mean Dream? Isn't he (sort of ) in the DCU?

Edit: No, you dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom