• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just noticed that the 2 hour movie episode was pushed back a week to Feb 5th, don't know how I missed seeing that while reading that Hawkman interview. It was originally set to air Jan 29th.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Posting here from the Comics thread because I don't want to derail it.
omg rite said:
I actually think Superman is pretty boring and never cared about the character but got into the show.

But why are you saying season 8 isn't that good? It was really good though the finale was disappointing.
I just felt like season 8 took a massive nose dive into the ground around halfway through. I was never convinced by Doomsday's portrayal, and Tess was so terrible last season. She was all over the place. The whole thing just lost focus after Bride, imo. I can't even remember the finale at this point.

Medalion

Banned
I forgot to comment on this latest episode.

The Wondertwins introduction was lame and kinda pointless throughout the episode for me.

The Clois shit is really getting on my nerves already, like how Clana was for a lot of other people. I want to throw up when I see Lois burning with intense desire for Clark.

I want the Zod storyline to keep going and downplay the Clois stuff.

Kagari said:
:eek: I can't wait until I get to season 9. I'm on season 7 episode 10 now...
You're going through some of Smallville's worst right now.

But the back half of season 8 had quite a few stinkers as well.

I haven't watched a bad episode in season 9 yet. The worst so far has been Rabid, and even that was a good episode.

Milabrega

Didn't even notice the GL ring first time around:

vqlevt.jpg

Need a hi-res shot of the painting; so far I can only make out:

-Hawkman
-Hawkgirl
-Flash
-Atom
-Star-Spangled Kid

Can't really make out the rest off of grainy video. :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Don't have the picture in front of me but I know Wildcat is on the left and Alan Scott is on the right. I initially missed Alan because I was looking for him in the center of the picture (where he should be) but it looks like Hawkman will be the leader of this JSA.

Strike said:
Cold as ice, Chloe.

:lol

I didn't have to follow along with the thread to know what this post is about because I said "Coldblooded" when that happened.

Man these last two seasons makes it seem like some of the seasons before were being wasted. They should have gotten more in line with the comic sooner. And I'm glad they are beating the odds with the Friday night condemnation.

And I was kinda listening to something else when it this part was going on, but if I understand correctly Zod and his crew need the red sun to get their powers?

sscrew

Absolutely loving this season. Easily up there with the earlier seasons. Pretty amazing what they've been able to achieve on a small budget. Hopefully they have been setting aside some of the budget for an epic finale... unlike the dissapointment of the last season.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kagari said:
Is 9 the final season?
I think the network wanted it that way but with the show actually being a hit on Friday night, it's safe to say there will be another season.

Flash

wow that episode was fantastic. smallville has been just FUCKING AMAZING! wowowow I cannot wait for the tv-movie, WHY a hiatus now:(

I've been so impressed with smallville this season, aside from one or two meh episode. especially the last few which have been some of the best produced in the series. so surprising this is the same show from a few years ago.

Thunder Monkey said:
:lol

Hell, it's their only show that has ever hit 3 million viewers on Friday.

I'd almost say a season 10 is a done deal.

This season has been great compared to the last 3 seasons......if they add a tenth i hope it's good as this season has been.

Paznos

I've been LOVING this season and what a great episode!! look forward to a new episode every week and now I have to wait til JANUARY 22nd? WTF wow.

sscrew

Does this TV movie that everyone has been talking about count as an episode of Season 9? Or is it going to be an extra 2 hours on top of the season?

this season is kick ass :D. i stopped watching it a few season back cause i was sick of that teen problem shit etc etc....

how many episodes is this season on?? i think the first one i caught was
when louis came back and clark grabbed the falling train.

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
this season is kick ass :D. i stopped watching it a few season back cause i was sick of that teen problem shit etc etc....

how many episodes is this season on?? i think the first one i caught was
when louis came back and clark grabbed the falling train.
Lois man, I know your fantasizing about her as a man, but it's Lois.

And 22 or 23 episodes most likely. I'd say 22 is the safer bet, but honestly I just smoked some pot so I can't really remember.

Solo

Let me get my lolz out of the way first. Big LOLZ to them STILL using that exact same Luthercorp establishing shot. They've been recycling it since S1 :lol Number two, oh man, that CGI :lol :lol Finally, Zod and co using the Kent farm as a concentration camp and setting up headquarters in Luther mansion :lol :lol :lol Way to get the mileage outta those sets Smallville!

Anyways, another pretty decent ep. Not as good as the last two, but still a nice capper to the fall season. Its been a shockingly good season so far, and easily the best since S5.

xrich

Banned
yea i also found it pretty funny that they use the farm and Luther mansion as well :lol

but holy shit wat a good episode. some real development, and the promo for the movie.......just wow. i really hope the CW hypes this shit up. any and all geeks will want to watch that, not just SV fans

Flakster99

Flash said:
wow that episode was fantastic. smallville has been just FUCKING AMAZING! wowowow I cannot wait for the tv-movie, WHY a hiatus now:(

I've been so impressed with smallville this season, aside from one or two meh episode. especially the last few which have been some of the best produced in the series. so surprising this is the same show from a few years ago.

Took the words right out of my mouth. This season has been a superb, back to form, keeps me watching every single, entertaining ride.

Haven't watched this much Smallville in god knows how many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom